Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 27, 7:02 AM

Jan 2021
Don't remember how many times I cried while watching it in the cinema. The CGI bothered me a little I don't like it but I can accept it. The movie was so amazing but somehow it was kinda rush to me. I just knew that they cut the first 4 volumes. Maybe it would be great if they adapt the story into a 2-cour anime series instead lol because I want to know about Dai's backstory.

bankredmeadowJan 27, 5:51 PM
Mar 3, 1:45 AM
Dec 2022
Happy that I finally got to watch this, was great.
Mar 9, 7:00 AM

May 2015
Definitely a welcome discovery, I'm glad my theater decided to screen it.
Music was awesome and the inking during the "sakugas" really was striking.
Both CGI and rotoscopy parts didn't always blended well especially with such colorful inkings but rotoscopy on musicians really made the whole thing more lively, as Jazz should be.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 7:49 PM

Apr 2008
This movie was so good, I am really glad I ended up watching it. I cried mutiple times especially when poor Yuki got hit by Truck-kun and when he played the piano near the end of the movie I was sobbing 😭. The part when they meet in the bathroom killed me lmao when they were talking about how big the callous on dais thumb was.
Apr 2, 3:08 PM

Mar 2013
I turned on Super Saiyan mode while watching.
Apr 15, 2:28 AM

Jun 2020
Man I looked at ONE comment on my streaming site and it was about Yukinori getting hit by truck kun. Aside from getting spoiled a second before watching, I loved this movie. So emotional and powerful, represented jazz greatly. The 3d performing scenes were meh but every time one of the 3 locked in and we got sakuga for them was such a treat (and this happened very often). The songs themselves were very good but apart from the distinct soloes, I felt were very similar. NEW was the best by far though and the only one I can really separate from the soloes. 9.5/10 for me.

Apr 21, 2:39 PM

Nov 2022
Ah man... my heart is too weak for anime like these...

I hope they'll keep being good friends forever and maybe even perform together from time to time.

Hope Yuki gets to meet that girl from his childhood again to maybe elevate each other once more, and for Tamada to find a more stable band perhaps haha.

Lots of emotional bits throughout the movie... the first one that really got me being the old lady reminiscing of her once great times as she watched these youthful fellows chase their own success...

And then, hearing those bitter words towards the end... " . . .our last show" how saddening...
May 5, 9:23 AM
Trash

Jul 2015
Bought the movie on blu-ray. It was phenomenal, I loved the movie so much. Definitely anime movie of the year for me.
May 17, 11:46 PM
Nov 2013
10/10 amazing soundtrack and although the car accident was tropey it still made me cry like a baby. A stepping stone, like he said.
May 26, 3:35 AM
Nov 2021
very good ,fantastic music ,very enjoyed with kamal and rajkumar
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Kinda unfair that the best anime of 2023 doesn't get any attention

AnimeIs4Kidz - Dec 31, 2023

10 by BookBirdie »»
Jun 1, 12:15 AM

» Blu-ray and streaming services.

MANIKANTA_KJS - May 30

5 by deg »»
May 30, 9:45 PM

» Coming to Theatres (India)

Aryu1410 - Mar 5

10 by JoySeeker »»
May 6, 6:28 AM

» How far will the movie cover?

DrOctavius99 - Oct 1, 2023

8 by luca14t »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:36 PM

» When will it be released outside Japan?

RealNath - Mar 28, 2023

9 by Memore »»
Nov 21, 2023 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.