Forums

Bringing up a manga when talking about anime just shows you are unintelligent

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 4, 2022 1:10 AM

Feb 2020
onionboys said:
Adampk said:

modify something suited for tv doesn't change the fact that it not it's own product. u can only modify where there is a base.

also modification to suit tv doesn't mean the content gets better...it means u have to change to meet requirement of producers request, censorship and budget and available staff and available episodes and run time restriction etc.
who said modifying to meet these clauses makes anime better?

Next time think beyond Google words like normal human

gee so it almost sounds like you are saying for a manga to become an anime it must

> alter the source material
> condense the source material

odd... i think thats exactly what the post was about. so you acknowledge this and yet manga fans still cry when its not 1;1

real thinker we got here

because if it's 1:1, it's better usually. nothing I said is "must", it's not impossible to adapt a anime close to 1:1 adaptation. based on the people involved and circumstances it just gets inferior.

people are complaining about anime being worser. whether it's because of good animators are unavailable or studio inexperienced or incompatant scriptwriters or other troubles. how does it invalidate there complaint? in the end final product is still worse though

ex arms is bad because it's made by a inexperienced new studio. so what, people are not supposed to complain?
AdampkDec 4, 2022 1:18 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 4, 2022 1:18 AM

May 2018
"Some chapters being long enough to need an entire episode"
Lmao ask One Piece creators how to adapt one chapter into 50 anime episodes.

Dec 4, 2022 1:35 AM

Sep 2010
Weak bait but I will reply anyway.

onionboys said:
An anime's job is not to 1:1 adapt a manga. I cant believe this is so hard for manga readers to understand. Tokyo Ghoul, for example, has over 350 chapters. Some chapters being long enough to need an entire episode. You really expect a studio to put in 200 episodes just for you to complain anyways?

Most manga readers don't even complain about anime not being an 1:1 adaption but the anime just being bad compared to the manga. There are countless examples where the anime completely changed the story and manga readers still loved it and there are countless examples where the anime perfectly adapted the manga and manga readers still hated it. The normal conversation goes like "I like this anime", "I liked the manga more, you should check it out if you liked the anime". Are people not allowed to like the manga at all or what is your problem?

onionboys said:
Anime is objectively better. It has voice acting, color, and soundtrack. This is not even debatable.

That's objectively wrong. Anime is an easy form of entertainment for plebs (and that's fine). If you actually care about a story or characters you would read the manga or light novel instead. But I don't need to tell that to someone who has barely read 3 manga because you are obviously more on the pleb side.

onionboys said:
An anime can change a manga's ending. Mangaka's are not perfect. They can make shit endings. If a studio notices the backlash to a manga's ending, the right thing to do is change it

Aren't anime fans the ones always complaining about bad endings, cliffhanger and discontinued anime? They love the anime so so much but then they refuse to just read the rest of the story in the manga after the anime was canceled.
Dec 4, 2022 2:00 AM

May 2020
Judging from the original post, but also his responses, this is a troll post. The best example would probably be how he responded to @Esmera 's post. Though it was emotionally charged, Esmera wrote a reasonable response to the original post that adressed the specific things it said with its own counter arguments. It was a good response, and was one that could be reasonably responded to. onionboys's response to the post was two lines of ad hominem. It was a response that was designed to make a reader angry, while also not actually adressing what it was responding to. A lot of his other posts, including the original post, are similar.

Anyone who posts here going forward, just keep this in mind when you do.
FrosteekDec 4, 2022 10:59 PM
Dec 4, 2022 2:23 AM

Jun 2016
onionboys said:
It blows my mind how with 99% accuracy anytime a manga reader tries to bring up the manga for an anime adaptation they are always just look like a complete fool.

An anime's job is not to 1:1 adapt a manga. I cant believe this is so hard for manga readers to understand. Tokyo Ghoul, for example, has over 350 chapters. Some chapters being long enough to need an entire episode. You really expect a studio to put in 200 episodes just for you to complain anyways?

Anime is objectively better. It has voice acting, color, and soundtrack. This is not even debatable.

An anime can change a manga's ending. Mangaka's are not perfect. They can make shit endings. If a studio notices the backlash to a manga's ending, the right thing to do is change it

Lmao. This has got to be one of the worst takes on mal. When you're talking about an anime adaptation of a source material, it will always be compared to the source material it is adapting.

I won't even disagree with your points, 1:1 and ending are both mostly fair. But the main point and way you constructed your argument is so mind-numbingly bad lmao.

Anime being objectively better is complete fantasy bs, but in the perfect world it wouldn't be wrong. Anime, manga, etc are all mediums in this industry to tell a story. Sure anime may have the 'better tools' ('colors', music, voice acting) to tell the story, but nobody will give a flying fuck about the production when the story is incomprehensible or when the adaptation butchers the source.

And when your 'colors', music, and voice acting are god awful, is the anime still better than the source?

tl;dr, ex-arm
Dec 4, 2022 2:24 AM
Jul 2018
Okay.
Anyways, the Claymore and Pandora Hearts manga deserve justice.
Dec 4, 2022 2:26 AM
Oct 2021
Nemo_Niemand said:
"Some chapters being long enough to need an entire episode"
Lmao ask One Piece creators how to adapt one chapter into 50 anime episodes.

one piece doing this gets a pass tho because its voice acting and sountrack is so damn good.
Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 2:57 AM

Oct 2022
... they are two different forms of art both enjoyed by people, with some preferring one over the other. Some people would like an animated version of their favorite story with color, soundtracks, voice actors, etc. Others want to watch something original, which is also completely fine.

You see what I'm saying? People have many different opinions, and that's fine.

Dec 4, 2022 6:15 AM

Feb 2018
onionboys said:

it is, in fact, actually quite debatable.

Manga iterations quite often -almost on average- depict superior character design work, clothing detailing, and overall fashion sense (YMMV)
than their Anime adaptions tend to.

those items, amongst many others, all-too-often tend to get rather watered down in Anime adaptions to various degrees,
and original story often suffers greatly as well...
Dec 4, 2022 7:22 AM
Oct 2019
onionboys said:
samsince04 said:
This guy is just a living bruh moment. Most reasonable manga readers don't expect a 1:1 adaptation of their favorite manga, where did you get this from? The one thing I mostly see from manga readers is nitpicking which is kinda hard not to do when you've read the source material so it's understandable.

"Anime is objectively better". Way to make your post lose its meaning in 4 words.

have u seen the csm forum. or the mha forum. or the aot forum

lol
Those are terrible examples, because all 3 of those anime are faithful adaptations of their source material with fans who just had unrealistic expectations.
Dec 4, 2022 7:41 AM

Apr 2018
onionboys said:
its always the people with the god awful hxh in their favs talking nonsense lol.

And it's always the people with the restricted lists and empty Favorites talking shit the most about other's tastes.

Insecure little chickenshit men who can dish it, but cannot take it; and yet they still choose to throw stones from their little glass houses. Very cute.

Anyways, you heard him, everybody. Bottom image examples in the comparisons are now "objectively" better than the top images by default; purely by virtue of them just "having color, sound and voice acting". Genius-level logic right there, lmao.

Stygian_PrisonerDec 4, 2022 8:18 AM
Dec 4, 2022 8:11 AM

Feb 2016
onionboys said:
An anime can change a manga's ending.

I think those changes are worth talking about, even if you don't.
その目だれの目?
Dec 4, 2022 8:53 AM
May 2019
onionboys said:
It blows my mind how with 99% accuracy anytime a manga reader tries to bring up the manga for an anime adaptation they are always just look like a complete fool.

This is probably one of the stupidest topics and the author is trolling for discussions.

You right that most animes are not 1:1, but the are adaptations that are pretty close.

Have you seen FMA:Brotherhood? The Sailor Moon Crystal series? These are faithful adaptations. And yes, the series were redone to do it properly.
Since my manga reading isn't as deep as others on this board, I'm betting that there are other series that were done well.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Dec 4, 2022 9:07 AM

Jun 2017
No such thing like 1:1 adaptation exists. Tokyo Ghoul is a horrible example because it's a bad adaptation which is not faithful to the manga (fans said that root A is different)
There are series where you can say that the adaptation is superior to the source material like Gintama or Hunter x Hunter but it's very uncommon. A manga artist has its own artistic choices that should be respected but poor animation and directing can ruin it. If something is monochrome, doesn't mean that's bad, that style of manga is a very special thing and it can create a great atmosphere. Another thing: many people can't get into anime because of Japanese language and voice acting.
The main reason that a studio make an anime-only ending is that the manga hasn't reached its climax yet and the majority of these endings are pretty weak.
All of your points are 100% wrong and the fact that you mock people's taste shows that how unintelligent you are.
Please try harder next time.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Dec 4, 2022 12:03 PM
Oct 2021
DreadfulControl said:
No such thing like 1:1 adaptation exists. Tokyo Ghoul is a horrible example because it's a bad adaptation which is not faithful to the manga (fans said that root A is different)
There are series where you can say that the adaptation is superior to the source material like Gintama or Hunter x Hunter but it's very uncommon. A manga artist has its own artistic choices that should be respected but poor animation and directing can ruin it. If something is monochrome, doesn't mean that's bad, that style of manga is a very special thing and it can create a great atmosphere. Another thing: many people can't get into anime because of Japanese language and voice acting.
The main reason that a studio make an anime-only ending is that the manga hasn't reached its climax yet and the majority of these endings are pretty weak.
All of your points are 100% wrong and the fact that you mock people's taste shows that how unintelligent you are.
Please try harder next time.

root a was better than the original source material. they did tokyo ghoul a favor. now rushing root a is a different story, but that doesnt change that the changes added were positive for the anime

Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 12:42 PM

Jul 2019
It sounds like it's more anime-only problems to me. Not manga and general source material readers.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Dec 4, 2022 12:50 PM

Jul 2017
It’s quite obvious that OP is just trolling with this bait thread lol.
Dec 4, 2022 12:59 PM
Oct 2016
That is the dumbest defense of bad anime adaptations i have heard. If the studio is gonna make changes to the source material it should make it better not worse.
Dec 4, 2022 1:00 PM
Oct 2021
Mugglus said:
That is the dumbest defense of bad anime adaptations i have heard. If the studio is gonna make changes to the source material it should make it better not worse.

it normally does lol. have u seen that garbage aot ending
Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 1:11 PM

Jul 2019
onionboys said:
Mugglus said:

No worries, inhale some copium and we're gonna get the Aoe that's based on AoNR.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Dec 4, 2022 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
but anime will go broke if it licenses all the music mentioned in manga.
instead manga just mentions the piece for free and you can listen to it on YT while reading
Dec 4, 2022 1:14 PM

Apr 2020
So funny, you actually believe that any of this stuff you mentioned has anything to do with "intelligence" and is not just a personal opinion of yours.
xD The level of trust you have in yourself. I envy this sort of delusion.

Jesus...
This forum will give me delayed cancer some day , I can feel it.
Dec 4, 2022 1:27 PM
Oct 2021
Merve2Love said:
So funny, you actually believe that any of this stuff you mentioned has anything to do with "intelligence" and is not just a personal opinion of yours.

Jesus...

without fail, u can always guess who has hxh in their favs by how god awful their opinion is lol
Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
"Anime is automatically better because it has voices, color, and soundtrack" is a stupid point. That's like saying "I did a cover of this song but added 20 more guitars, so that means it's better" more /=/ better if the things you add aren't good
Dec 4, 2022 1:35 PM

Apr 2020
onionboys said:
Merve2Love said:

Jesus...

without fail, u can always guess who has hxh in their favs by how god awful their opinion is lol

As Im trying to tell you.
Opinions, about Anime/Manga, can't be right or wrong..... It's just what you like and what you don't like. It has nothing to do with Intelligence.

But you seem to see yourself as some sort of chosen one xD
And that's okay, really. I just told you, Im jealous that you can take yourself THIS serious^^
Dec 4, 2022 1:37 PM

Sep 2009
onionboys said:
RareWRLD said:

Great, I might actually live that long
Also, just a reminder that Bleach, Naruto and One Piece exist. No need for one of the best-selling manga in the world to go "12 episode seasons" route

there isnt a single NEW anime in the past decade that has broken the 12 / 24 episodes a year method. the concept of realising in " parts " is sadly the norm.

well, there are some smaller tier ones, but nobody watches those

Seriously?

1. Black Clover
2. Boruto
3. Dragon Ball Super
4. The last couple Fairy Tail serie

Not saying they're all good, but I did find a list of several other shows that have all been released within the last decade that are more than the 12/24.

How can anime be better (not gonna mention the use of the wrong word objectively), when based off of your list, you haven't read more than 10 manga titles? Maybe you should try to read more manga before posting something like this
Dec 4, 2022 1:58 PM

Feb 2016
onionboys said:
Mugglus said:

I didn't know the Attack on Titan anime invented a new ending better than the manga's.
その目だれの目?
Dec 4, 2022 2:07 PM

Nov 2022
onionboys said:

"shows you are unintelligent" "Anime is objectively better. It has voice acting, color, and soundtrack. This is not even debatable." im sorry but you sound like a huge nerd rn. and it cant be objectively better because this is opinion based, some people will prefer manga and others will prefer anime so it isnt really objectively better and is debatable. its just a matter of preference
Dec 4, 2022 2:18 PM
Dec 2021
I am anime-only for most series. I've occasionally read webnovels for series I really enjoyed after I watched the anime, but it is very rare. That being said, I have had source readers in the discussion talk about this or that being cut when something does not make sense in the story, or compare a charachter that is hated in the anime to its manga/LN counterpart which is well liked. I think it is very helpful and gives more insight into an anime that you are confused about. However, people who blindly come in and trash anime-only watchers, or insult it when the adaptation is actually fine, they are not being helpful and only want to look cool/ look down on others.

So in summary, source material discussion is great when done helpfully, but people who are toxic about it shoud just be ignored. At least that's my opinion.

Sidenote: even for movies like Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, and The Hunger Games, people say the book is usually better. The point isn't to show everything, It has to be adapted to a form that is best for a movie/show. For some people that is fine, and these movies are well loved by many. They are not inherently better or worse than the source, it depends on perspective. Those who want a more in depth explanation of events, they should go to the source.
RubySereneDec 4, 2022 2:25 PM
Dec 4, 2022 2:24 PM

Nov 2022
I do prefer anime over manga but that's just me, I don't think one is objectively better than the other.
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Dec 4, 2022 2:26 PM
Oct 2021
Jay_Brief said:
onionboys said:

there isnt a single NEW anime in the past decade that has broken the 12 / 24 episodes a year method. the concept of realising in " parts " is sadly the norm.

well, there are some smaller tier ones, but nobody watches those

Seriously?

1. Black Clover
2. Boruto
3. Dragon Ball Super

Not saying they're all good, but I did find a list of several other shows that have all been released within the last decade that are more than the 12/24.

How can anime be better (not gonna mention the use of the wrong word objectively), when based off of your list, you haven't read more than 10 manga titles? Maybe you should try to read more manga before posting something like this

oh wow, u went with

a naruto sequel, a dragon ball sequel, and a fairy tail sequel! all of which came out decades ago at a time when weekly was the norm. man youre smart!
Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 2:30 PM

Sep 2009
onionboys said:
Jay_Brief said:

Seriously?

1. Black Clover
2. Boruto
3. Dragon Ball Super

oh wow, u went with

a naruto sequel, a dragon ball sequel, and a fairy tail sequel! all of which came out decades ago at a time when weekly was the norm. man youre smart!

It’s kind of hard for them to be sequels when Dragon Ball Super, for example, is new and separate from Dragon Ball Z and is still being published. Same with Black Clover, it’s also still being published and was also started in 2017 (the anime that is). So I don’t see how either one of those came out ‘decades ago’.

If that’s the best comeback you can come up with, that’s pretty sad actually
Dec 4, 2022 2:47 PM
Sep 2016
onionboys said:

Well, you are correct about everything, but in case of Tokyo Ghoul it was a just a bad adaptation, it deserves a good remake, RE: could have been adapted around 50-60 episodes and it was probably one of the worst adaptations ever, they legit stuffed 100 chapters in 12 episodes. It was very popular manga, so I see no reason to not milk it for few seasons, it was just a major fuck up imo.

But yea manga isn't always ideal and bad endings do sometimes deserve some form of remake which might bring the show to greater heights or at worst receive the same backlash as manga's original bad ending for example.
Dec 4, 2022 3:15 PM
Oct 2021
Jay_Brief said:
onionboys said:

oh wow, u went with

It’s kind of hard for them to be sequels when Dragon Ball Super, for example, is new and separate from Dragon Ball Z and is still being published. Same with Black Clover, it’s also still being published and was also started in 2017 (the anime that is). So I don’t see how either one of those came out ‘decades ago’.

you have horimya in favs, i promise the comebacks towards you have already been written yourself
Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 3:44 PM
Oct 2019
onionboys said:
Jay_Brief said:

you have horimya in favs, i promise the comebacks towards you have already been written yourself
Ah yes, because "you like a series that I don't, lol" is the most mature, logical response that does a great job of showcasing just how intelligent you are.

At this point, it'd be less embarrassing for you to just give up, and admit that you don't actually have a point, because your entire argument is built off of the idea that an adaptation that butchers its source material isn't a bad adaptation.
Dec 4, 2022 3:50 PM
Oct 2021
ShatteredSans said:
onionboys said:

Ah yes, because "you like a series that I don't, lol" is the most mature, logical response that does a great job of showcasing just how intelligent you are.

At this point, it'd be less embarrassing for you to just give up, and admit that you don't actually have a point, because your entire argument is built off of the idea that an adaptation that butchers its source material isn't a bad adaptation.

nobody brought you into the convo, u desperate for attention?
Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 5:02 PM

Feb 2021
You're being hostile in the replies there. Calm down a bit.

If 1:1 is not acceptable, just how many things are anime allowed to change from the manga according to you? I know you don't make the rules, but from your opinion. Would Kaori not dying in Shigatsu be the limit? Would Nishimiya not getting bullied in Koe no Katachi be the limit? Is anything acceptable so long as it does not effect the general plot of the source material? Define what does not effect the plot of a show in your own opinion then so people can actually discuss (if that was even your intention).

"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Dec 4, 2022 5:37 PM
Oct 2021
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

If 1:1 is not acceptable, just how many things are anime allowed to change from the manga according to you? I know you don't make the rules, but from your opinion. Would Kaori not dying in Shigatsu be the limit? Would Nishimiya not getting bullied in Koe no Katachi be the limit? Is anything acceptable so long as it does not effect the general plot of the source material? Define what does not effect the plot of a show in your own opinion then so people can actually discuss (if that was even your intention).

its really not this hard.

as long as the story is coherent, it doesnt matter how 1;1 it is. its. that simple

inb4 the always expected reply where they say " so they can change everything?" because people always argue with extremes (as you have already begnu)
Candy:
Dec 4, 2022 5:50 PM

Feb 2021
onionboys said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

its really not this hard.

as long as the story is coherent, it doesnt matter how 1;1 it is. its. that simple

inb4 the always expected reply where they say " so they can change everything?" because people always argue with extremes (as you have already begnu)
I start with the extreme because that's the easiest way to get my points across.

Again, be straightforward. Just provide examples then we can move on. If you don't provide one, of course people will 'argue with extremes'.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Dec 4, 2022 10:51 PM

Apr 2018
The OP:
onionboys said:
because people always argue with extremes

Also the OP in the first post:
onionboys said:
Anime is objectively better. This is not even debatable.

Oh, the hypocrisy. Oh, the cognitive dissonance. The joke just writes itself. Gotta love these trashfire threads XD
Stygian_PrisonerDec 4, 2022 10:56 PM
Dec 4, 2022 11:28 PM

May 2020
Stygian_Prisoner said:
The OP:
onionboys said:
because people always argue with extremes

Also the OP in the first post:
onionboys said:
Anime is objectively better. This is not even debatable.

Oh, the hypocrisy. Oh, the cognitive dissonance. The joke just writes itself. Gotta love these trashfire threads XD
In this cases the joke is OP's to make. OP is obviously trolling. He barely actually cares about anything he's saying beyond how angry it will make people. That's why so many of his responses are ad hominem and disregard anything the person he's responding to actually said. Sure he sometimes actually says something, but he almost always just uses insults. Examples:

onionboys said:

onionboys said:

nobody brought you into the convo, u desperate for attention?

onionboys said:

onionboys said:

real thinker we got here

onionboys said:

its always the people with the god awful hxh in their favs talking nonsense lol

i can tell this person spends wayyy too much time on twitter too

I thought the thread would have died down by now, but people have still been responding. For anyone reading this, just stop replying to anything he says, and he probably won't bother you. If you do reply to anything he says, the only response you'll get will be one designed to make you angry. It won't be an interesting conversatioin.
Dec 4, 2022 11:31 PM
Oct 2021
you can always tell which people use MAL as a forum to gain attention when they continue to comment on a thread despite being ignored XD
Candy:
Dec 5, 2022 2:31 AM

Dec 2021
onionboys said:
you can always tell which people use MAL as a forum to gain attention when they continue to comment on a thread despite being ignored XD
Uh huh. And you made this thread for discussion, no?

Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Dec 5, 2022 3:00 AM

Jul 2013
Hi OP, I'm also 14 and don't have any friends. Anime is always better!
Dec 5, 2022 3:05 AM

Dec 2021
there has to be some way to stop these unserious bait threads lol

stopped reading when u used tokyo ghoul's chapter count as a way to defend its adaptation
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Dec 5, 2022 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
The manga is the source material and it's fine to bring it up and talk about it. A good adaptation understands its source.
Dec 5, 2022 11:41 AM

Oct 2008
This is just another troll post.

Move along.
Dec 5, 2022 12:00 PM

Apr 2018
Dude's crying because he doesn't know how to read mangas.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 5, 2022 12:10 PM
Jan 2016
Honestly, that's very true. Some anime are actually considered better than the manga. Inuyasha, for example. I don't read manga, so that allows me to approach anime unbiased.
Joe_DevaneyDec 5, 2022 12:14 PM
Dec 5, 2022 12:26 PM

Feb 2020
An anime's job is not to 1:1 adapt a manga.I agree to an extent but you still want them to follow the overall story its fine if they trim the fat or cut stuff out as long as it doesn't destroy the overall story/characters.

Anime is objectively better. This I disagree with. While I understand your reasoning it doesn't make it better. The authors original vision imo its the better version. Now I'm not saying to stop watching anime and read manga this is just my personal opinion. Also a lot can go wrong with adaptations that manga doesn't suffer from. Production is the biggest factor obviously.

An anime can change a manga's ending. Yes this is true but you will always have the die hard fans that want the original manga ending.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Secondary characters

JoeChip - 37 minutes ago

6 by kurayamiberkay »»
5 minutes ago

» What are considered 'the best anime clothes'?

SgtBateMan - 53 minutes ago

5 by Spunkert »»
29 minutes ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre? ( 1 2 )

Semester1 - Yesterday

54 by NaTsu879 »»
31 minutes ago

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - Yesterday

34 by iirayuki »»
31 minutes ago

» What is your "Unlikeliest" Anime

Ratris_Decision - May 27

12 by Shirayukin »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.