Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 23, 2022 6:55 AM
Apr 2022
I didn’t like it either, but the age of consent in some providences in Japan is as low as 13. That’s why it’s frequented in anime. Different culture
Nov 23, 2022 6:55 AM
Jul 2019
Weebbe said:
idk I mean Denji is actively chasing after women older than him anyway
Yeah that's the point he behave and thinks like a 11 year old,bc of his upbringing,so the mangaka want to show that how ppl around denji just use him like a tool and then throw him away.
Nov 23, 2022 7:02 AM
Mar 2020
based on how this thread has unfolded, the critical thinking devil must be very strong in this world,,,
Nov 23, 2022 7:15 AM

Mar 2017
You will never be able to know the sensation of hit an older woman in late teenages. So sorry for you haha (its not ilegal in my country btw, im so sorry if your country obligates you to be a virgin until adulthood, you had to work your hands a lot huh? hahaha)
NemersisNov 23, 2022 7:20 AM
Nov 23, 2022 7:27 AM
Aug 2021
"blah blah blah blah" is all I read
Nov 23, 2022 7:55 AM

Sep 2021
tfw age of consent in my country is 16
I don't really know what I should be saying here
Nov 23, 2022 8:11 AM

Apr 2019
This is a show with morally grey characters. There is no good guy in this story. Those people do not survive in the profession of Devil Hunting. Only people with a screw lose does. If you want a show with a clear distinction between the good and the bad guys watch some show like My Hero Academia or Demon Slayer.

Chainsaw Man is meant for people who understand that our protagonists are not good people and can judge their morals from a neutral perspective.

We don't overlook Himeno's creepy behaviour, we just understand that she has this side to her as well. She is a promiscuous woman. She is someone who can try to seduce a teenager. Doesn't change the fact that she is also a capable devil hunter who managed to survive in this profession for years. She also prioritises Aki over other people and is more than willing to let others die if it means that Aki could live. Himeno, just like everyone else in this show is not a nice person.

To enjoy a show like this you just need to grow out of the mindset that the characters you follow will be just black and white archetypes rather than flawed people.
Nov 23, 2022 8:24 AM
May 2017
Kinda yucky how much effort they put into animating the sexual stuff with a 16 year old but it's whatever. I'll buy the morally grey characters, "from Denji's perspective", and Japan's age of consent arguments to help me feel less weirded out by it lol
Nov 23, 2022 8:33 AM

Jul 2021
well it is obvious you wont get same replies here.
people, whose countries have age of consent lower than 16 will talk against
and vice versa (i am a part of that)
so yes i felt that bad
but at this moment i have watched so much that i cant get angry due to that.
i rather have a better reason to get angry on that my new phone delivery has been postponed.
I will give you tip. Whenever you see something wrong in anime, think from japan's perspective.
think, is it really wrong in japan too?
Nov 23, 2022 8:41 AM

Apr 2020
these are obviously new fans acting like this. majority of csm readers do not endorse the behaviour of characters like himeno and actively mock it
Nov 23, 2022 9:09 AM

Apr 2021
ojak10 said:
Or perhaps there is more to the implications of the sexual manipulations that are being shown in the show. Perhaps, and I know this probably sounds crazy to you, the writer is exploring this toxic and immoral type of relations between characters to make the readers/viewers come up with conclusions and make them think for once in their life about this type of complex topics. You may even say that a narrative is being made to explore and show the interactions between these unhealthy characters, as well as their growth. Pedophilia is wrong and unfortunately has been a big part of human society for ever. And since we've began to look at it in a more serious way in the recent centuries, it's been brushed under the rug as something bad that shouldn't be spoken of so it can stop happing. But this shit ain't fucking Voldemort and trying to treat is as the fucking corona virus won't magically make all pedophilia disappear. It's good to get deep into these types of scenarios, so that you can have a better understanding of the problem and I personally think it's better to explore these taboo and uncomfortable topics in fiction, rather than the newspapers or news outlets. It's completely normal for it to make you feel uncomfortable, since that is also what the writer wants you to feel.

P.S. - I hope you aren't religious, since half of the scripts in any religion are basically full blown pedophilia and rape, many times worse than what you are seeing in this show.

this comment was so on point, couldnt have said it better, even more with the last part abt religion. Ppl instead of jumping like this after 1 episode should wait for at least part 1 to be fully animated so they can have a proper analysis abt this situation since its a theme present in the story.
Nov 23, 2022 9:16 AM
Apr 2016
16, while still young, is perfectly fine in most countries of the world. At 16, a decent amount of teenagers are sexually active already.

Nov 23, 2022 9:17 AM

Aug 2014
TheEtherea said:
GTRaijin said:
The pedo talk shit happened with Yofukashi no Uta as well. And I am not sure how and where do they even get these ideas from.

Yep, I'm watching this with my wife and she was like - where is this "pedo" stuff some weirdos wrote about?
Who knows. I guess some people are really, really weird like that.
Especially considering characters in that very same anime themselves all cringe at Nazuna's lewd jokes in one episode where MC acknowledges that "others find those jokes weird as well". I guess anime has more self-awareness than the viewers these days.

I just don't understand what are they smoking ;D Also the fact that the "top" reviews of Yofukashi no Uta are the complainers about pedo stuff (which isn't even there) in the anime is just like, bro, for real?
Nov 23, 2022 10:26 AM

Nov 2020
That is the most negligible problem there is in anime, look at the grotesque CG animation and bottom of the barrel plotline, that is to spice things up because obviously this anime can't provide us with nothing else.
Nov 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Feb 2014
People are fine with it because the setting of CSM is fucked up. These characters have other problems than worrying about the harmful effects of smoking or drinking alcohol, or going to jail for fulfilling the wishes of a thirsty teenage boy.

If you're asking this because the anime tries to present it like some hentai scene, it's called bad directing.
Nov 23, 2022 11:28 AM
Apr 2022
SharkBaitOne said:
Here we go again in the west being ignorant. Who wrote the story = a Japanese man. Who published the manga = a Japanese studio. Who is animating it = a Japanese studio. What is the age of consent in japan = 13. Yes we may think it’s wrong and immoral but that is 3 yrs above their consent laws so they don’t think it’s that odd more than likely. Keep your opinions to yourself if you won’t use common sense. Also ofc fan’s support it, lot of people see themselves in denji, or what they wish they could’ve had. It’s normal it happens in all animes. Stop using this as your delusional crybaby twitter blog posts

you speaking nothing but facts m'y brother
Nov 23, 2022 11:43 AM

Jul 2020
Because people sometimes use their brain. That's why. And you should do it too.
i'm not an english native speaker
Nov 23, 2022 11:58 AM

Apr 2020
Guys?....Why don't we learn....cmon

This is a troll. He's having a feel day seeing all of you reacting and/or raging like this...

Ignore it...It will disappear *sigh*
Nov 23, 2022 12:01 PM

Jul 2019
ojak10 said:
I personally think it's better to explore these taboo and uncomfortable topics in fiction, rather than the newspapers or news outlets. It's completely normal for it to make you feel uncomfortable, since that is also what the writer wants you to feel.

As you said, shows like Chainsaw Man are exploring the problematic aspects of these taboos. Not actively taking the topic and promoting it or treating it in a nonserious manner like Mushoku, for example. It's just that people let it go over their heads. Partly because Chainsaw Man is more than that.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Nov 23, 2022 12:12 PM

Nov 2018
Chainsawman is the edgiest shit you can ever find, especially in conservative japanese cartoons.
There's no depth to it, really. If you are not into gore, explicit scenes and dumb pervy MC, avoid it all costs. I've dropped manga right after the puke scene and I don't regret it.
I hate everyone equally
Nov 23, 2022 12:15 PM

Jan 2021
Actually, yes, and that's what you should do too since this is fiction, it doesn't matter.
Nov 23, 2022 12:16 PM

Jan 2021
GTRaijin said:
TheEtherea said:

Yep, I'm watching this with my wife and she was like - where is this "pedo" stuff some weirdos wrote about?
Who knows. I guess some people are really, really weird like that.
Especially considering characters in that very same anime themselves all cringe at Nazuna's lewd jokes in one episode where MC acknowledges that "others find those jokes weird as well". I guess anime has more self-awareness than the viewers these days.

I just don't understand what are they smoking ;D Also the fact that the "top" reviews of Yofukashi no Uta are the complainers about pedo stuff (which isn't even there) in the anime is just like, bro, for real?

I think the only of the top reviews of Yofukashi no Uta that complaints about pedo stuff is the one that is third between the ones that are visible in the page. If you mean the preeliminary reviews then yes, those were full with complaints of pedo stuff.
Nov 23, 2022 12:21 PM
Jul 2021
A lot of your questions about anime get answered when you realize the age of consent in Japan is 13
Nov 23, 2022 1:35 PM

Mar 2022
LordSozin said:
promoting it or treating it in a nonserious manner like Mushoku

It clearly depicts MC as a degenerate and he himself understands that his behavior is not normal as he tries to move away from it eventually.
It brings disgusting reaction from other characters as well. MC also knows that he is a degenerate and his story is one of redemption.
Even in prologue when one of those who throw MC out of the house looks at his screen they are disgusted with him.
That's pretty clear, the next thing Mushoku could do was add a big sign with - "don't be a creep", besides that it's set in a medieval fantasy world.
I won't understand where these issues with Mushoku are coming from tbh.
Nov 23, 2022 2:19 PM
• Mafumafu Fan •

Apr 2018
Thread locked

Anime Discussion Rules: 5. Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.[

AMQ: StephWeeb
Discord: drsteph
Join me on AnimeMusicQuiz!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1017 by RafaKojiro »»
Yesterday, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
Jun 2, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 2, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - May 22

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 27, 3:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.