Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 13, 2022 1:21 PM
Jan 2021
Nami, Usopp, and Otama are all being carried by Speed AKA Horselina. While she is doing so, there are enemies that are after Otama in order to undo the effects of her Kibi Dango, but Daifugo and Gazelle man are here to stop them. Gazelle man tells Otama to leave Komachiyo to them. Otama reminds them that they aren’t simply her servants, but dear friends of hers. That’s right Otama! She treats everyone she encounters with respect and makes sure not to belittle anyone. That’s just like Luffy. Otama has learned a lot from watching The Fifth Emperor in action. Nami and Usopp commend Otama on having such a nice ability since it’s not normal to make friends in the midst of battle.

That’s when Zeus enters the conversation. Zeus asks Nami if he can be an attendant, and she denies. He asks to be a servant, and she denies them, telling him the two are the same thing (in which she is absolutely right). She also denies Zeus being her henchmen and pet. Zeus gets sad thinking about how he was forced by Big Mom to try to kill Nami. Nami sees his sincere sadness at this and offers for the two of them to be PARTNERS. Meaning that Nami and Zeus will be equals rather than Nami being his commander. Zeus then goes on to deal with the enemy in their way and they continue on their journey.

Cipher “Aigis” Zero briefly recap what’s been going on and now the troops are 16,000 vs. 9,000 in favor of the Animal Kingdom Pirates.

This doesn’t really matter as Straw Hat Luffy will reenter the fight, kick Kaido’s ass, kick Big Mom’s ass, and then force the other troops to surrender due to his badassery. When you go against Luffy you have no actual chance in hell to win.

Also they talk about confirming some guy’s death who stole information from the government. When I hear it, I immediately think of Who’s-Who because in the previous episode he goes the fact that he was a former member of CP9 and he talked about how the Gum Gum Fruit was stolen 13 years ago.

For the rest of the episode, the focus is on Jimbei’s fight with Who’s-Who. Jimbei asks Who’s-Who why he became a pirate, which is a valid question given he was a former member of CP9. Who’s-Who explains that he’s holding a grudge against the one who stole the Gum-Gum Fruit from the government, that being “Red-Haired” Shanks.

Okay it was hinted in the last episode given that Who’s-Who referenced the STRAW HAT, but I didn’t really think that Shanks would be the kind of guy to do that. HOW VALUABLE IS THE GUM-GUM FRUIT?! WHAT MYSTERIES DOES IT HOLD THAT SHANKS WOULD GO OUT OF HIS WAY TO STEAL IT?!

Jimbei blocks another one of Who’s-Who’s Fang Pistols, but he notices that he’s bleeding, which would mean the attack went through his Armament Haki, AKA The Color of Arms. Who’s-Who mentions that both Shanks’ Straw Hat and the Gum-Gum Fruit were inherited by Luffy. He’s getting the wrong impression. Shanks didn’t give Luffy the fruit. Luffy ate it out of anger after the mountain bandits spilled booze on Shanks and disrespected him.

While Who’s-Who is talking about his sorrow, we see this visual of classic Luffy done in the current One Piece style. It’s honestly such badassery and his overall presence is overflowing with such shine due to his neverending badassery. And then we get to see the progression of Luffy’s wanted posters.

30 million after defeating Arlong, 100 million after defeating Crocodile, 300 million after taking down Rob Lucci and starting a war with the entire World Government, 400 million after his efforts in the War of the Best (or Paramount War if you watched it in Sub), 500 million after defeating Doflamingo, and 1.5 billion after defeating the undefeated, strongest of the Sweet 3 Generals of the Big Mom Pirates who has trained his Observation Haki to see into the future, Charlotte Katakuri, who himself has a bounty of 1 billion, 57 million berries.

Who’s-Who claims that Luffy was defeated by Kaido so easily, and my CAP alert went off. THE FIGHT ISN’T OVER. LUFFY DECIDED TO TAKE A REST! Jimbei knows Luffy well, and informs Who’s-Who that Luffy will return, and then this dude has the AUDACITY to claim that if Luffy returns, he’ll kill him.

Bro, you’re not TOUCHING the Fifth Emperor you insignificant CP9 reject.

Jimbei is determined to prevent this trash from getting in Luffy’s way. Who’s-Who asks Jimbei why he’s so devoted to Luffy, and we get to see a quick flashback of Jimbei’s experiences with Luffy to truly understand what Luffy means to him and everything that Luffy has done to help him be free, just like a pirate should be.

Before we get back to the action, a new transition image of none other than the Helsmen of the Straw Hat Pirates and former Warlord of the Seas known as The First Son of the Sea, JIMBEI! Jimbei is standing in the middle of some water with fish surrounding him, and some leaves in from of him. It’s such a badass symbolic representation of how Jimbei is one with the ocean, just what a Fish-Man is all about.

Who’s-Who shoots multiple Fang Pistols at Jimbei and this time, Jimbei dodges them rather than trying to block them. Who’s-Who brags about how Fang Pistol can chew up ordinary Color of Arms. He also mentions that he’s shocked that Jimbei can move so fast on land given that he’s a Fish-Man. Jimbei gets pissed, very justifiably so, and talks about how it’s out of style to discriminate against the Fish-Men.

Who’s-Who then transforms his body or something and now he’s using more muscle. He wants to ask Jimbei something, but Jimbei isnt’ in the mood for small talk. Who’s-Who hardens his body with Iron Body and uses Armament Haki on his hands and claws and launches at Jimbei with Fang Flash. Jimbei blocks and counters with Fish-Man Jui-Jitsu! Low Tide Shoulder Throw. Who’s-Who is dropped to the ground, but he’s able to avoid Jimbei’s Water Shot before it can penetrate him.

Who’s-Who tries to talk to Jimbei again and he talks about his time in prison. Who’s-Who was told to pray to the “Sun God” Nika by a random guard. He’s a legendary warrior of ancient times who slaves believed would free them one day. He also mentions that members of the Sun Pirates used to be slaves. This immediately angers Jimbei as Who’s-Who keeps talking and then asks Jimbei if he knows something. The guard that told Who’s-Who about Nika was later executed, so Who’s-Who broke out in fear that he was next.

He asks Jimbei to tell him what’s so dangerous about knowing of Nika as he hits Jimbei with Finger Pistol. He continues his attack and says that Jimbei must know a lot about slaves because he’s a Fish-Man. Bro you’re out of pocket right now. Shut up about slavery and Fish-Men.

IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

So Jimbei responds by covering his entire body with the Color of Arms and breaking both of Who’s-Who fingers and then using Fish-Man Karate! Shark Grip to break his wrists. Who’s-Who tries to fight back, but it doesn’t do anything whatsoever. Jimbei then goes on to use Fish-Man Karate Secret Art! Demon Brick Fist. He stops in front of his face, but then the attack continues and absolute destruction is in Who’s-Who wakes. Jimbei makes sure to say to him “You bastard! If you wanna nose into history, you better be prepared for what you’re stepping into!” as he sends Who’s-Who FLYING.

I’m looking forward to seeing more badassery from One Piece as I do every week!
Nov 13, 2022 1:22 PM
Nov 2020
Jinbe is my favorite character, so this episode deserves a 5 in my opinion.
Nov 13, 2022 2:31 PM

Aug 2019
Pre_Yum said:
This was a full-on Jinbei episode and I loved it. Let's go baby... The animation in this episode was great.

How was it a full-on Jinbe episode when at least 25% of the screen-time was wasted on Nami and Usopp's subplot?

Honestly this would've been a 10/10 episode if they'd cut back on those pointless scenes or at least expanded on the Who's-Who and Jinbe fight a lot more. The fact that most of their fight was spent showing them talking and very little time exchanging blows was frustrating.
Nov 13, 2022 3:02 PM
Dec 2020
Finally Sun God Nika got animated
Nov 13, 2022 4:24 PM

Dec 2019
Awesome ep jinbei is so freaking cool and sun god finally got mentioned
Nov 14, 2022 3:08 AM

Jul 2016
FMmatron said:
alphazero4um said:
Jimbei kicked Who's-Who's ass so bad. Who's-Who should not have gone into personal topics like that. What an idiot. XD and X3

His casual racism was already rich, but he kept pushing it lmao

Dude has never fought a top tier before, that's why he thought he's hot shit.

Got fucking owned.

Was great how the CP0 guys knew it was going to happen as well.
Nov 14, 2022 5:22 AM
Sep 2014
The first half is embarrassing, but the second half is amazing. I wanted so bad to see that Jinbe Vs Who's Who part animated and luckily they did a hella good job here
Nov 14, 2022 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Lovely episode, I knew TOEI would deliver in regard to Who's Who vs. Jinbe! 🤩 Hoping for similar quality for the other upcoming ones as well.
Nov 14, 2022 10:31 AM
Nov 2020
The Jinbe vs Who's Who fight was dope! Finally sun god Nika!
Nov 14, 2022 3:54 PM
Dec 2014
The first part was annoying with all those useless flashbacks and seeing irrelevant characters doing nothing important like in previous episodes. Jinbei's fight was insane though. I'm always amazed by how we still get new mystery while a lot of old mysteries are still secrets
Nov 14, 2022 9:11 PM
Nov 2020
Jimbei vs whos who is a good fight and the animation is great. I am excited to see the next fights coming up.
Nov 14, 2022 11:42 PM
Jul 2021
Jimbei God........
Nov 15, 2022 3:37 AM
Oct 2018
slow start but that ending was ruthless
Nov 15, 2022 6:32 AM
May 2021
Finally they are starting to approach the climax of wano
Nov 15, 2022 3:27 PM
Oct 2017
Jinbe is a beast! Actual goat
Nov 15, 2022 6:08 PM
Nov 2021
Animação tá top, mais do que na luta Luffy x Kaidou
Nov 15, 2022 6:53 PM

Apr 2022
Honestly I wished we got to see more Luffy or Robin but this is fine. I'm enjoying how we already got a Sun God Nika thing.
Nov 16, 2022 1:08 AM
Aug 2022
MVP Jimbe 😎👑🔥
Goat Character!!
Nov 16, 2022 2:27 AM

Apr 2013
Kind of an uninteresting fight between Who's Who and Jinbe. Probably because I don't find both characters interesting.
Nov 16, 2022 6:49 AM
Nov 2021
mashallah mashallah mashallah mashallah
Nov 16, 2022 3:32 PM
May 2020
Great fight between Jimbei and Who's Who! Great animation too, but I was expecting more dialogue for some reason.
Nov 17, 2022 1:04 AM
Oct 2016
Jimbei was going all out in this one
Nov 17, 2022 5:56 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa Jinbei knows way more than he's letting on!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 17, 2022 9:10 AM

Dec 2018
like 90 percent of this arc has been people running around talking. woooooo
good job jinbei but really only about 1 minute of the whole episode where anything of import happened. see you guys in episode 1000000000000 when this arc finally ends.
Nov 17, 2022 9:38 AM
Jun 2016
Jimbei having his turn to shine was excellent
Nov 17, 2022 9:44 PM
Jan 2021
honestly i just cant wait for whats about to happen next i know its only going to get better in the future episodes but after finally catching up on all the episodes im just wondering how much longer the wano arc will go on for... maybe another year but like as long as its good and stays entertaining i see no problems
CANDY:

Nov 18, 2022 3:12 AM
Sep 2021
it was great as all one piece episodes
Nov 18, 2022 12:46 PM

Oct 2019
cool... looks like we might get 30 seconds of yamato vs kaido next episode...... ~,~
Nov 18, 2022 3:39 PM

Sep 2015
Finally got the chance to watch this episode, but GODDAMN!! JIMBEI!! WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?! Freaken smack whos whos life out already ! GET HIM !! BREAK ALL HIS FINGERS!!!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 19, 2022 3:10 AM
Mar 2018
at last long-awaited battle!
Nov 20, 2022 10:20 AM
Jul 2019
cool backstory for devil fruit
Nov 22, 2022 6:59 PM

May 2014
The animation was quite nice in this episode. Looks like they put some effort in it.
Nov 27, 2022 5:54 PM

Jul 2013
Flashbacks of Zeus attacking Nami, flashbacks of Jimbei joining the Strawhats bro we all know this! Fucking flashbacks man every single episode goddamn. Also did this mf really ask Jimbei why he got mad all of a sudden right after he showered him with attacks? Lol but anyway, there's something going on. And the revealing of that something will be dragged and stretched for a looooong time whatever tf that is. As per usual.
Dec 2, 2022 9:43 AM
Jul 2015
Awesome and perfect 👍 👌
Dec 8, 2022 3:05 AM

Jan 2017
lol I feel bad for poor Who's Who's
Not his fault for having any empathy, the World Government gave such harsh training to young orphans.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Dec 8, 2022 3:07 AM

Jan 2017
Golkaz said:
Jinbe is my favorite character, so this episode deserves a 5 in my opinion.

Hell yeah, give me 500 episodes of Jimbei, I'll watch them all!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Dec 11, 2022 6:52 PM

Jul 2021
JINBEI IS SO GOATED IN THIS EPISODE
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 17, 2022 8:08 PM
Apr 2019
BOSS JINBEE💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥
Jan 3, 2023 11:33 AM
Feb 2019
jinbe jinbe jinbe jinbe
Jan 14, 2023 6:37 AM
Jul 2014
Tiny bit more interesting with the background of Jinbei and the other character from C9
Jan 24, 2023 12:41 PM
Oct 2020
AYOOOO THIS SHIT FYAAAAAA
Feb 3, 2023 7:53 AM

Nov 2010
Nami totally manipulated Zeus, but maybe she meant it deep inside. Hehe, Zeus is an excellent asset to the strawhats.
That fight between Who's Who vs. Jimbei was cool. I like the techniques they used against each other. I'm also curious about that Nika & slaves thing. I wonder why Jimbei finds it so offensive to know anything about that.
Feb 5, 2023 5:42 PM
Feb 2019
Muito daora o diálogo do Jinbe com Who's Who, e também a animação que recentemente tem ficado cada vez melhor, os episódios pararam com slowpace exagerado, a conversa séria entre esses dois personagens transmite uma sensação muito real, o Jinbe veio de uma raça escravizada e o Who com perguntas referentes ao Deus Nika (um simbolo de resistência aos grandes sistemas),seu desdém para com a história despertaram uma reação de fúria no Jinbe e as consquências são muito verdadeiras
Feb 6, 2023 7:03 AM

May 2020
jimbai is the goat
also, sun god nika
shanks stole the fruit

Feb 13, 2023 1:38 AM

Feb 2021
Jinbei is really angry this time :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 3, 2023 10:59 PM
Dec 2019
daisuke one piece!
May 2, 2023 10:56 AM

Mar 2020
My girl Nami's too soft man
Seems like we finally get to know why CP0 is here, to take down Who's Who who knows something related to the government's secret with Luffy's fruit?!

Jinbe recap galore...
But the better part is, Jinbe finally got his first very own eyecatcher!
Good animation in Jinbe's part too
Who's Who really is trying to get on Jinbe's nerves
Die, bit*h!
May 16, 2023 1:19 AM
Mar 2023
one piece es basado y una obra de arte incomprendida por los lectores
Jul 16, 2023 11:59 AM
Aug 2021
Amazing fighting from Jinbei but bro was basically calling him an N-word and then asked why r u so mad Jinbei what's wrong??? Bro was actually psychotic.
Jul 22, 2023 4:34 PM
May 2020
note to other pirates... DONT PISS JIMBEI OFF
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 456 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jun 19, 2010

78 by bakakisima »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

331 by yoko-_- »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1061 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 6, 2023

218 by yoko-_- »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 608 Discussion ( 1 2 )

247Eyes - Aug 17, 2013

55 by YuriChinBClub »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1107 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

51 by ahhellno »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.