Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

will Chainsaw Man become an even bigger hit than Demon Slayer in Japan in terms of popularity and profit?

New
will Chainsaw Man become an even bigger hit than Demon Slayer in Japan in terms of popularity and profit?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2022 5:19 PM
Jan 2016
I have always thought that Chainsaw Man will be a hit with heterosexual males, since the core traits of the main are based off of that, but I was never sure how other demographics would judge this story.

For example, I can comfortably talk about this show with my bros, but I have to be a bit careful with women because of the heavy sexual tones throughout the manga. If you cannot handle anything remotely lewd, then I cannot recommend Chainsaw Man to you no matter how much of a fan I am of it.

tl;dr I can relate to the story because, as a straight male, I understand and sympathize with Denji's struggle, but if you're not that, then it might not appeal to you as much.
ibm30rpgSep 19, 2022 5:28 PM
Sep 19, 2022 5:56 PM

Jul 2021
Definitely not, but it will come close

Sep 20, 2022 2:02 AM
Apr 2021
Honestly I only voted no because Chainsaw Man is much more brutal which makes the target audience a bit smaller. Sure, Demon Slayer is also a little bloody and scary to younger audiences, but a 12 year old can watch it just fine.
Chainsaw man would be traumatizing for my child self and I can imagine parents being more cautious around it that with Demon Slayer, solely based in the MC design (which honestly is enough for a lot of people to either get interested or be like "oh no this is gonna be way too gory)
Sep 20, 2022 2:45 AM
Jun 2020
k11chi said:
GOATSawMan said:
100% no. KNY is a once in a lifetime type hit in Japan. CSM will be lucky to outsell SxF.

Stop kidding yourself. Chainsaw Man is also a once-in-a-lifetime type of series, arguably even more so than DS.

I love CSM but saying it’s a once in a lifetime type series is cap. Demon slayer literally doubled one piece’s manga record and Mugen Train became the biggest movie in Japan’s history. CSM is 100% the better series in my mind but it wont have nearly the amount of reach or appeal that DS has. And Spy x Fam was actually outselling CSM prior to its anime
Sep 22, 2022 1:08 PM
Jul 2022
k11chi said:
GOATSawMan said:
100% no. KNY is a once in a lifetime type hit in Japan. CSM will be lucky to outsell SxF.

Stop kidding yourself. Chainsaw Man is also a once-in-a-lifetime type of series, arguably even more so than DS.

It won’t appeal as much as KNY. KNY literally appealed to the elderly… do you know how hard that is?
Sep 22, 2022 3:48 PM

Oct 2019
outside of japan, My money is on it getting even more popular.

BUT IN JAPAN?

I don't think it even has a chance
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeใ€ŒAMVใ€: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Sep 22, 2022 4:04 PM

May 2012
GOATSawMan said:
k11chi said:

It won’t appeal as much as KNY. KNY literally appealed to the elderly… do you know how hard that is?

and CSM will appeal to the tiktok generation which is massive target audience
Sep 22, 2022 4:36 PM
Feb 2019
literally everyone and their whole family tree is watching demon slayer, meanwhile the people who will be watching csm are mostly horny teenagers, so probably not. though it would be cool if it did
i cant really imagine a 5 year old or a 70 year old watching csm
E2WHvX6yZPFHNCedSep 22, 2022 4:51 PM
Dec 30, 2022 6:51 AM

Jan 2009
what now? lol i cannot believe how much wrong a lot of people are
Dec 30, 2022 7:15 AM
Aug 2022
deg said:
will the show even recover its budget lol
Dec 30, 2022 7:20 AM

Sep 2020
No, simply because CSM characters are ugly. Pochita is ugly, Denji is ugly, Makima is ugly. Humans are shallow asf man.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Dec 30, 2022 7:24 AM

Jan 2021
deg said:
While we dont know what will happen after later seasons (or Movies), Right now many people were definitely wrong about it beating Kny or Aot. 
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 1, 2023 8:29 AM

Jan 2009
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

862 by TeaCharm »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

582 by Laszek_ditlax »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

732 by Laszek_ditlax »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

592 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Yesterday, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 8, 2022

628 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.