Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2022 6:57 AM
Dec 2008
deathmailrock said:
Like, after Luffy meets again with Uta, it's basically just event after event.... not much build up, not much characterization... very little dialogue...

I would disagree. Not only because I have a different perspective about what we got through the dialogue, but because they also used their expressions and mannerisms for the purposes of characterization.

As for build up, there's already two anime episodes showing more of the past between both characters. Can't ask for more build up than that, in my opinion. They also used almost the entire first half of the movie as a requirement for the second half, by introducing various new aspects, situations and abilities. Plenty of explanations were give around the middle of the film.

They all come together in the end. For a two hour movie (well, technically 1 hour and 55 minutes), that's to be expected.

Like, a lot of it works more because we knew so many of the characters from the main series....

Truth be told, I don't think you need to be familiar with every single person in the movie, but it is a nice bonus.

But the events make little sense and it should be viewed as a fever dream...

Huh, I didn't find anything that wasn't "making sense" in my opinion. At least not by anime standards, since naturally the concept itself is unrealistic.
MadonisSep 11, 2022 7:03 AM
Sep 19, 2022 10:31 AM
Aug 2021
It was really a great experience !!!
Sep 21, 2022 2:07 AM
May 2015
This is 10/10 I cried :'(, can't wait to go to cinema again to watch this master piece and ado concert.
Sep 22, 2022 7:05 AM
Jul 2020
The movie is so gooooddd and very fast pacing compare to the anime, we've got to see a lot of characters interact each other too. But of course this movie is non cannon.

Sep 24, 2022 6:55 PM
Nov 2019
Story wise, could be better. But overall I enjoyed it, was a very good bopping session.
Sep 25, 2022 5:57 PM
Jun 2016
The movie was decent. The music was honestly the best part because hearing Ado sing is always a treat. Sadly it suffers from the same problem that most One Piece movies do and that is the fact that it's not canon. And thanks to it not being canon it made the ending predictable which made me less invested.
Sep 30, 2022 9:17 AM

Mar 2016
Alright, so this movie is definitely different from the other One Piece movie. And to date, the first one I manage to actually watch in the Cinema.

For one, this movie ties in with Luffy's past with the existence of Uta and her relationship with both Luffy and Shanks. Aside from that, this movie is the embodiment of what would happen if Disney were to somehow obtain One Piece. Just as you might expect from a musical idol called 'Princess Uta' there are songs for every segment of the movie. I enjoyed the songs, Ado's vocals and her music's composition really stood out, especially listening to it all, rumbling throughout the entire cinema, it was quite an experience!

Now of course, as it is with the past few One Piece movie, the main villain of the movie, in this case, Uta... Manage to find a way to cause catastrophic mayhem. The same with Z from Film Z and now with Uta's Uta Uta no mi along with the Tot Musica. I actually cannot believe it when one of the Gorosei said that 70% of the entire planet's population has fallen asleep from listening to Uta's Mugen Tsukuyomi song! This is by far, whether canon or non-canon, the greatest threat that has ever existed to the general public of the One Piece world in recent history. DAMN!

Now, of course, this movie is good fun and lovely to watch, but come on let's not deny that this movie's story is laughable and at best, mediocre. It's a classic yet somewhat absurd sob story revolving around a girl's abandonment issue from her foster father and the way she copes with that, which she brought upon herself after she has seen the crimeful sins that she has committed long ago. it's essentially a story of a girl gone mad, which was actually shown at one point in the movie when she got an emotional breakdown. (Best song in the movie IMO).

Aside from that we actually get to see Shanks and his crew fight, something which we have NEVER SEEN EVER. Here are several incredibly interesting observations I remember:

• A guy with a pacifista-like-laser beam mouth
  • Shanks with fire-like armament and conquerer's haki imbued sabre
  • Yassop's and Ussop's transdimensional observation haki
  • Gear 5 was briefly shown, purely for fan service, there is no reason for it to appear here, but cool nonetheless
  • Lucky roo can turn into a ball

• The fact that Uta uta no mi is the superior version to Apoo's devilfruit to the point of it being nigh-invincible when used strategically (Ability to put listeners to sleep, ability to command the sleeping victims, ability to transport the victims' souls to an alternate dimension, ability to freely interact and communicate with individuals from the real world and the music dimension, ability to manipulate damn near anything in the music dimension similar to reality manipulation, and of course, the extreme potential to kill all the victims if the user committed suicide or get killed.)

Fun movie, that's all. Easily forgettable story and characters. Yet another gigantic mech final battle for 3 movies in a row (Gold, Stampede and now Red) Wonderful songs
Oct 2, 2022 7:07 PM
Apr 2020
I love the music and how it was applied in the movie as it was spot on when it was introducing the scenarios presented, as well as the animation it was great though inconsistent but overall still great animation and soundtrack. And the premise of the story was what I expected though I hated it becoming a reality. Overall was a great movie and I wish I could rate it an 8.5 out of ten but I'll settle with rating it a 9 and not 10 because I'm biased and just hated seeing Uta dead despite it being a necessity in setting the plot. I highly recommend everyone to watch the movie! It's great.
Oct 7, 2022 4:31 AM

Feb 2020
I watched the movie with my friend and even though I've never watched one piece before, I still quite liked it! I really enjoyed the fight against the tot musica demon lord.

And one thing I was thinking of when watching the movie was the huge resemblance of Uta's voice to Ado, and I was so surprised to see that the singer was indeed Ado! I love her raspy deep angelic voice alot but I wasn't sure if Uta really was Ado.

Decent movie, even if I only know the basic premise of the anime, they presented it quite well and the story was nicely put together for people who hasn't watched the show/read the manga. No doubt I would've liked it more if I've actually watched the show, but like I said it was still pretty good! I might give the show a chance too because of this, it'll take along while to get there though, with that many episodes...
jsookaOct 7, 2022 5:42 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2022 5:34 AM

Feb 2021
Finally got a chance to watch the movie in theatres. Ado's songs were great. Great movie overall 9/10.
Oct 7, 2022 6:49 AM

Mar 2021
Just watched the movie in India,

It's amazing!! I wish UTA to

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Oct 7, 2022 12:14 PM

Jan 2008
jsooka said:

And one thing I was thinking of when watching the movie was the huge resemblance of Uta's voice to Ado, and I was so surprised to see that the singer was indeed Ado! I love her raspy deep angelic voice alot but I wasn't sure if Uta really was Ado.

Ado is indeed singing the songs, but the voice actress for Uta during normal conversations is Kaori Nazuka.
Oct 7, 2022 12:14 PM
Dec 2017
ado has to be the best part of the story.

Oct 7, 2022 4:30 PM
May 2020
It was really Good, The plot and especially the music! For me Ado's voice was the only one carrying the whole movie(its because I'm an ado fan, we get to have different perspectives) but it was a really good movie!
Oct 8, 2022 12:47 AM
Sep 2021
Luffy And Shanks Are the heart of the movie......
Oct 8, 2022 3:49 AM

Feb 2020
i know, i was talking about her singer.
GolbeztheGreat said:
jsooka said:

Ado is indeed singing the songs, but the voice actress for Uta during normal conversations is Kaori Nazuka.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2022 8:13 AM

Apr 2020
The songs were awesome in theaters. The film was aight not bad
Oct 8, 2022 10:59 AM
May 2018
It was fun to watch it in cinemas!
Oct 8, 2022 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
Honestly, I'm disappointed. This is the worst OP movie. It's full of silly fanservice like appearance of a ton of side characters from the previous arcs, it has no strong scenario whatsoever. The only thing that is great is soundtrack. Ado just made this movie worth something. But unfortunately, her great singing can't save this pile of mess. Giving it 5 out of 10 (all the previous movies got a solid 10 from me). I'm very, very disappointed.
Oct 8, 2022 6:40 PM
Dec 2008
Artego32rus said:
Honestly, I'm disappointed. This is the worst OP movie. It's full of silly fanservice like appearance of a ton of side characters from the previous arcs, it has no strong scenario whatsoever. The only thing that is great is soundtrack. Ado just made this movie worth something. But unfortunately, her great singing can't save this pile of mess. Giving it 5 out of 10 (all the previous movies got a solid 10 from me). I'm very, very disappointed.

People like different things. It's sad that this wasn't the film for you, but personally I really enjoyed it. I thought the scenario was fine. The side characters didn't bother me either, because most of them had an excuse to be there, even if it was a small one in certain cases.
Oct 9, 2022 4:32 AM
Aug 2020
hassage said:
I watched it at a movie theater in France. Hopefully, there was no yelling or people running inside (I say that because in some cinemas, it was a nightmare for this movie). So I could watch it calmly. I must admit that I've been disappointed. In my opinion, there was too much songs and a lack of action for a One Piece movie. I'm not against songs in movies but here, it slowed down too much the plot. The movie was a bit long and took a while to start. It is still watchable but it's not a movie that I would recommand or rewatch.

some songs felt unnecessary
Oct 9, 2022 8:00 AM
May 2020
the movie was mid as fuck filled with fanservice ... i hope next time they make a movie about a canon incident like god valley or a movie on garp and Roger relationship that would be epic
Oct 9, 2022 10:03 AM

Jan 2017
WHAT A FANTA-FUCKING-FABULOUS MOVIE,
Film Red released in India this week and I loved every second of it!!
I never thought in my 14 year life of following One Piece, I would ever get to experience One Piece on the big screen, I'm just in tears...
Thank You Oda-Sensei, and special thank you to Ado and Goro Taniguchi-san!!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Oct 9, 2022 10:27 AM
Jun 2021
amazing movie and good action
Oct 10, 2022 12:00 PM

Dec 2014
Good movie but I think it was weaker than many of the ones that came before it. The emotion was strong and while the story was fine, most of the OP movies are our chance to watch OP with fancy animation and action sequences of which there wasn't really much beyond every character using one of their attacks. Would've been nice to see some actual battle choreography but I guess the nature of the story doesn't lend itself to that.

The big highlight is of course Shanks and his crew showing up, a rather rare appearance. The Shanks scenes were cool of course and the cross pirate tag team was nice but I just can't help but feel that it could've been something more than what it was.

Nevertheless, it was a ton of fun to watch in the theatre. I enjoyed it and I guess that's good enough.

9/10
Oct 11, 2022 4:12 PM
Sep 2017
Is it as good as Pokemon movie 3? They got a similar premise, girl with daddy issues trapping mothafuckas in her dream world.
Oct 12, 2022 2:00 AM
Dec 2017
Mid af
Got to watch it yesterday, just a plot about girl with daddy issues.
I need my watch time back
Oct 13, 2022 1:48 PM

May 2017
One piece movies just keep on disappointing me. The story is just always whack. Never any impact in the climax nothing. Straight up filler stuff. The stampede climax was even worse than this. The final boss lacked impact in both movies. They’re just attacking this huge entity with flashy moves backed by stunning animation.

The flashbacks with shanks were the best thing obviously.

Didn’t care for utas character at all. Her story and her ability were boring to me.

All of the sceneries in this movie (except pretty much all of the flashback scenes, those were pretty and charming) were so bland and boring, what the hell .. whose idea was it to make the climax in this space and time realm ? So boring. The movie lacked a variety of memorable sceneries

However some of the songs were some fkkng bangers. Animation was also stellar in this movie. Better than stampede in my opinion.

Overall 6/10 didn’t care for the story as much but shanks made up for most of it. His character is just so good. uta could have been much cooler if she wasn't made to be this weird villain
shayed__Oct 13, 2022 4:02 PM
Oct 13, 2022 6:09 PM
Dec 2008
mfanclubtv said:
I can't be the only one who hated the movie? Honestly there were a couple of good scenes that appeared after you sat through about 7 singing scenes, what is this a musical?? I really tried but it was just really dissapointing, honestly just watch those good scenes on tiktok or sm and save yourself the money if you dont want to waste your time

Of course you are not the only one, but you are in the minority.

Yes, music is a big part of the story. This was made very clear, so obviously you need to be prepared for it.

I didn't waste my time at all and will rewatch the movie later in the month.

shayed__ said:

Didn’t care for utas character at all. Her story and her ability were boring to me.

I don't agree with that. At the same time, it is your opinion, so I can respect it.

All of the sceneries in this movie (except pretty much all of the flashback scenes, those were pretty and charming) were so bland and boring, what the hell .. whose idea was it to make the climax in this space and time realm ? So boring. The movie lacked a variety of memorable sceneries

I can see your point in isolation. However, for me, it was a good idea in the context of the story. Which required a parallel battlefield for obvious reasons, so for me it's not a bad thing.

Oct 17, 2022 10:00 AM
Nov 2020
rugududu baron montana
Oct 23, 2022 7:49 AM
May 2019
I really don't get how people loved this movie. As a OP up to date and having watched all other movies i felt offended by Film Red. The story was so dumb and bad. Only the animation and songs were kinda good. Everything else was so terrible.
Oct 24, 2022 6:09 PM
Dec 2008
ReddeluGuy said:
I really don't get how people loved this movie. As a OP up to date and having watched all other movies i felt offended by Film Red. The story was so dumb and bad. Only the animation and songs were kinda good. Everything else was so terrible.

I don't agree with you at all. Nothing is really "terrible" about this movie, unless you hate the amount of music involved or maybe you didn't fully understand certain aspects. Offended? I mean, I've seen people find offense in things like different taste in music, but that's very subjective.

Things that can help to answer your doubts:

1. Liking the songs and musical performances.
2. Liking Uta as a character, even if she might be divisive for certain individuals.
3. Liking Shanks getting more to do in one movie than in multiple years of manga volumes.
4. Liking some of the ideas and themes the movie explores in its own way, including the relationships between various characters.
5. Liking the team-up battle at the end, which is a very unique situation that One Piece likely won't repeat again.
6. Liking some of the scenes with the secondary cast, such as Koby's intervention.

In any case, I'll still respect your view. The world would be a boring place if everyone shared the same opinion. That said, I'm obviously going to appreciate positive comments.

MadonisOct 24, 2022 6:12 PM
Oct 26, 2022 1:45 PM
May 2019
Madonis said:
ReddeluGuy said:

I don't agree with you at all. Nothing is really "terrible" about this movie, unless you hate the amount of music involved or maybe you didn't fully understand certain aspects. Offended? I mean, I've seen people find offense in things like different taste in music, but that's very subjective.

Things that can help to answer your doubts:

1. Liking the songs and musical performances.
2. Liking Uta as a character, even if she might be divisive for certain individuals.
3. Liking Shanks getting more to do in one movie than in multiple years of manga volumes.
4. Liking some of the ideas and themes the movie explores in its own way, including the relationships between various characters.
5. Liking the team-up battle at the end, which is a very unique situation that One Piece likely won't repeat again.
6. Liking some of the scenes with the secondary cast, such as Koby's intervention.

In any case, I'll still respect your view. The world would be a boring place if everyone shared the same opinion. That said, I'm obviously going to appreciate positive comments.

I liked the songs and the music video format they were ofte presented in. It only took me sometimes out of the immersion when it doesn't make sense how Uta is hurt and then sings perfectly a couple seconds later like she is completely fine.
Her motivation just made no sense to me. And she even knew that she would summon the demon but still kept going. Like what?
Shanks had definitely more screen time but did nothing new. Swung his sword around, looked cool, used his haki and stared intimidating like always. I was hoping to maybe get a glimpse of him and his crew showing of some of their powers except just normal pirates being super strong.
It made no sense to me that so many different characters were at the concert. Like the Big Mom Pirates for example. For Stampede it was a thing in the story of the movie and also for anniversary purposes of One Piece.
The thing that almost the whole movie happens in a dream made everything have much less meaning that was happening. It felt like a filler inside of a filler movie.
And most of all i hated the pacing. There were almost no pauses between things happening or people talking. The scene could never sink in and emotionally develop itself.
Gear 5 Luffy at the end was also only dumb fanservice to see his design in motion but he transformed mit attack? He didn't use its abilities, so it was super redundant.
The demons designs was also horrible. It looked like a one episode villain of one of the beginning episodes of Digimon. So silly and not cool at all.

Sry, but even after this time and seeing several opinions and reviews i still think this is by far the worst OP movie for me. Like out of all 14 i think.
Nov 2, 2022 10:41 AM
Nov 2010
Well the visualls and the music was great. I loved the pictures of the credits too. but the story implodes at a certain point and some characters are not important for the story. I have to mention that I am not a fan of the movies in general, I am sure there are a lot of one piece fans who lik it a lot. Sit down and relax.=)
Nov 2, 2022 11:05 AM
Jan 2021
best movie ever 11/10
Nov 2, 2022 7:17 PM

Dec 2015
I just came back from the movie theater, after all these years this is the first time I have ever watched a One Piece movie at the movie theater.

The plot was mediocre at best , no adventure at all, it only took place at a couple of places those were the bad aspects of the movie but characters designs were cool especially Uta's, art style, animation, sound effects, the songs were so awesome and the fanservice specialy Nami's were amazing.

I hope more anime movies have the same international distribution like this one.
Nov 3, 2022 10:42 AM
Jul 2016
Here in Portugal the movie arrived to cinemas today. I just arrived home after from watching the movie and I got to say it was a 9/10. It has many of the things I love in One Piece.

The only reason I don't give it a 10/10 is

Also happy birthday for Yamato today :D
Nov 3, 2022 10:45 AM

Jun 2016
That was the third best Macross film after DYRL and Sayonara no Tsubasa.
Wait what? What do you mean it's not Macross?
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 3, 2022 2:40 PM

Mar 2021
This is the first anime movie that got played in cinemas in my country. AND THEY PICKED A DAMN GOOD MOVIE

Going in expecting musicals set my expectations right. Uta is cute and the singer is great. The songs were surprisingly good too.

The production itself is top notch, animations were consistently great.

The fanservice was through the ROOF. I don't complain, it was hype as hell seeing Katakuri, Koby, the Admirals, Cipher Pol, Shanks crew and of course, the man himself, SHANKS. GOT MORE SCREENTIME THAN IN THE WHOLE ANIME, UNBELIAVABLE.

That final fight where they have to attack in teams at the same time at the same spot was incredibly HYPEEE!!! So many lovable characters teaming up to wreck the shit out of a world threat. I was smiling the whole time.

And of course, the climax of the battle: LUFFY & SHANKS SIMULTANEOUS ATTACK HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

And omfg, Toei...

Seeing the Straw Hat crew was especially touching considering that I mostly read the manga :) Everyone had their part in the movie and had me smiling smiling smiling!!

I truly felt like a kid, with a massive grin on my face. The Luffy & Shanks scene payoff almost brought me to tears :')

OdabraniNov 3, 2022 2:59 PM

Nov 3, 2022 4:32 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
After months of anticipation I finally saw One Piece: Film Red in Australia last night!

I have soooo many thoughts. I think the easiest way to explain myself is to make a full discussion video tbh.

Overall, it was entertaining throughout and I enjoyed it :)
Nov 3, 2022 7:02 PM
Jan 2021
This movie was great, it contained a lot I didn't expect
Nov 3, 2022 10:09 PM

Sep 2015
Paul_Foreign said:
This is the first anime movie that got played in cinemas in my country. AND THEY PICKED A DAMN GOOD MOVIE

Going in expecting musicals set my expectations right. Uta is cute and the singer is great. The songs were surprisingly good too.

The fanservice was through the ROOF. I don't complain, it was hype as hell seeing Katakuri, Koby, the Admirals, Cipher Pol, Shanks crew and of course, the man himself, SHANKS. GOT MORE SCREENTIME THAN IN THE WHOLE ANIME, UNBELIAVABLE.

That final fight where they have to attack in teams at the same time at the same spot was incredibly HYPEEE!!! So many lovable characters teaming up to wreck the shit out of a world threat. I was smiling the whole time.

And of course, the climax of the battle: LUFFY & SHANKS SIMULTANEOUS ATTACK HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

And omfg, Toei...

Seeing the Straw Hat crew was especially touching considering that I mostly read the manga :) Everyone had their part in the movie and had me smiling smiling smiling!!

I truly felt like a kid, with a massive grin on my face. The Luffy & Shanks scene payoff almost brought me to tears :')

Dude the official One Piece channel that released the first 7 minutes and 30 seconds of the movie that I first watched from my PC was unlike the theater experience. The audio with the music in the theaters was amazingly different from watching it through PC. And I thought I would be disappointed, but I wasn't at all! It was such an emotional experience.

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 3, 2022 10:57 PM
Aug 2011
the songs were amazing but felt out of place sometimes .
fights were honestly meh...
this movie should have been release AFTER wano . the gear 5 spoil was unnecessary and added nothing to the movie , i am up to date with the manga and still think it was dumb.
to add to my previous point , even if its not cannon how are you gonna include post wano content but somehow big mom still there?
tot musica is a raid boss and a bad one at that.

dont get me wrong i did enjoy the movie very much but some things could of been better
Nov 3, 2022 11:23 PM

Sep 2015
I was skeptical, but not only did I watch it once yesterday, but twice! Mistakenly my second time was an English dub at a different theater, without checking properly if it was Japanese VA or not.

Repeating this experience is what I want, since it won't last forever. I want to forever be in Uta's world.

Went even further ahead and bought 6 tickets for myself too.

I was attached to Uta's character, very unfortunate what happend with her devil fruit ability connecting Tot musica, she had a different belief. Seeing others shot truly shocked her, but what further surprised me is how she would attempt to stab Luffy for not giving up his dream to be a pirate king. She didn't believe in his Era. She had a different era or should I say new genesis. Both Luffy and Uta just couldn't agree with each others way.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 4, 2022 3:46 AM

Aug 2019
I just saw the film in theatres for the first time today, and I absolutely loved it. It was great to see some of my favourite characters again. I didn't mind the music at all; it was actually rather enjoyable. Uta was a captivating character with many dimensions, also her songs were incredible. It was great to see Shanks back in action. It was also a privilege to witness Shank's crew in action; I learned a lot about them and Shanks. I love seeing the strawhats interact with so many other characters. I'm also delighted to see Coby, Fujitora, and Katakuri again.
Nov 4, 2022 3:55 AM
Feb 2020
Amaizing as always, the guy that complain about the music are so stupid, i mean is a movie about Uta which has the sing-sing fruit so what do you excepct...
Nov 4, 2022 5:35 AM

Mar 2021
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Paul_Foreign said:

And omfg, Toei...

Dude the official One Piece channel that released the first 7 minutes and 30 seconds of the movie that I first watched from my PC was unlike the theater experience. The audio with the music in the theaters was amazingly different from watching it through PC. And I thought I would be disappointed, but I wasn't at all! It was such an emotional experience.

For real. To preface, I love cinema. So the fact that a One Piece movie got released on the big screens in my country for the first time just really enhanced the experience for me. Just joy!

Nov 4, 2022 3:11 PM

Sep 2015
Watched it for the 3rd time today, and my head hurts, but again nice re-living the experience, after my horrible last from the English dub (never again). But now I start to realize how underwhelming the flashback stories are, and a mess it was on how nothing was explained to how other strawhat groups were led underground, not sure if Gordon told them about it or not (bad memory). The plot could've used more work though, 8/10 for me.

I wished other supporting characters had better purposes too. Things were quite a mess mid way through, but its not like Stampede, where everything was bloated, random, and messy throughout the whole movie with no story.

Nov 4, 2022 4:18 PM

Feb 2017
The movie was really nice, especially the third act. Haven't seen every OP film, but the plot's def more coherent than Stampede.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Nov 5, 2022 12:52 AM

Apr 2019
very great One Piece film, definitely loved the cameos of different One Piece characters showing one after another just like how Stampede was, love the songs and the animation was OK, Toei definitely put some budget on this, loved it overall, very fantastic and we got a glimpse of Gear 5th as well from this film
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So where is Kyuubey???

Hitagi__Furude - Mar 11, 2023

6 by Zarutaku »»
Yesterday, 6:22 AM

» Is this the worst one piece movie? ( 1 2 )

EndlessMaria - Mar 10, 2023

68 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Best Film Red Song (Since the movie is now out on streaming services)

Cestlavie_ - Mar 7, 2023

18 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:45 PM

» One Piece FILM RED is Confirmed to be 4th Highest-Grossing Anime Film Worldwide!

Ridzaxster - Feb 17, 2023

8 by yonkoakagami4 »»
Mar 12, 2023 6:59 PM

» Question about emperor of the seas (SPOILERS!!)

Ania_BH - Mar 9, 2023

7 by R77Prodigy »»
Mar 11, 2023 12:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.