Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui Twin
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 18, 2023 6:15 AM
Apr 2023
Uma boa finalização para este sipn-off adorei conhecer mais da Mary e como era as coisas antes da Yumeko.
Oct 29, 2023 1:39 PM

Apr 2019
yeah it struck me as odd when she claimed it was a map but there were four levels. ultimately it was a treasure hunt but damn what a twist at the end. this show is just loaded with jerks. but its a world of who can jerk harder and i love it

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Oct 31, 2023 8:19 AM

Dec 2012
I totally forgot to look at the source - I had no idea Twin was an ongoing manga. I thought this would just be a short backstory on what led Mary to the start of season one, so this is shaping up to be far more promising. I'm still not sure what to make of Aoi's motives. One of my theories is that he's using Full-Bloom as a cover to monopolize house pets and use them as leverage. I just don't get the feeling he cares much about the humanity of his fellow students - especially not with how he broke Sakura's heart. I really like how she turned out to be so honest & noble. The total anti-thesis of that Maki look-a-like slave girl, who was a riot to watch for more obscene reasons.

Compared to the main series, Twin was definitely toned down on the ahegao absurdity. It still had plenty of smug moments & all of Mary's were glorious. I also really like how it's been setting her up as someone who earnestly wants to make it to the top and cares about her friends. It makes the disconnect between her decency now vs seeing her sit on Suzui while calling him "Fido" at the start of S1 that much more marvelous intriguing. I really hope there's plans for more as Twin has doubled my reasons for watching.

7.5/10
Dec 7, 2023 7:31 PM
Feb 2022
What a prequel. Mary is not as bad as i thought, and i like that she has principles. Aoi deserved a slap for playing with Sakura. I'm ready for the main series.

Spanish translation:
Que precuela. Mary no es tan mala como pensaba, y me gusta que tenga principios. Aoi se merecía una cachetada por jugar con Sakura. Estoy listo para ver la serie principal.
Dec 30, 2023 7:30 AM

Jun 2015
Wow that a really good prequel!!! I think I like it even better than the parent story.
Read Toriko!
Mar 5, 4:11 PM

Jul 2021
An alright end to an alright series. I'm kinda disappointed with how things turned out for an anime centered around Mary Saotome i kinda wanted more that what they offered but i guess it was still good.

Overall an alright season i hope we get to see more of Mary in the future.

6/10

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Twin Episode 3 Discussion

curvedtree - Aug 4, 2022

29 by PopDaPotato »»
May 21, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Twin Episode 2 Discussion

curvedtree - Aug 4, 2022

25 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Twin Episode 1 Discussion

curvedtree - Aug 4, 2022

39 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Twin Episode 4 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Aug 4, 2022

37 by Black_Phoenix000 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:51 AM

» I need info!

z7ProSpyce - Oct 3, 2023

7 by Kitsune_Corr »»
Oct 16, 2023 11:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.