Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 28, 2022 4:28 AM
Jun 2020
This is the first time i heard people hating on tokyo revengers coz last year there was no problem, i mean there's a problem mainly on the crying male mc who ends up more bruises and his power of convincing (forgot about his name)
May 28, 2022 5:12 AM
Sep 2021
Well, it's dumb, but enjoyable. Also, I don't think Takemichy isn't bad as people point out to be imo.

About the manga being better than this, YES. Manga is lot more enjoyable, especially in Valhalla arc. But have abnormally long necks though.
May 28, 2022 6:23 AM
Mar 2022
Redrivalry18 said:
Personally didn't like this show at all. The main character is horrible. I'd say worse then Deku with all the crying. But I didn't like how he had one shot to change the past and would barely make it. The last big fight for reference. Also I hated how they didn't touch on the time travel aspect at all. Noone is curious how touching hands makes the mc go to the past. Its just fine as is in the show. I have other complaints about the Crybaby hero but I'll end it there. These are just my opinions. Hopefully didn't spoil anything.

no one is curious as to why shaking hands causes the MC to travel back in time? Are you kidding me? Is this the type of thing you’d expect someone to explain to you? Time travel is convoluted enough and entirely up to the person what to make of it.
May 28, 2022 6:45 AM
May 2021
For me, it's less that I hate it that it bored me to death. to the point of often considering dropping it.

But if there was something I hated was the MC. He cries way too much. And it's not a question of “men don't cry” or because he showed human emotion. It was a question or “Grow a colon l, for love's sake!”. He only cry. The other characters gave me the impression to carry the whole plot while Takemichi is whining in the background.

It's not a bad thing for a main character to be a crybaby. It's a bad thing when it's the only thing they are.
May 28, 2022 6:54 AM
May 2021
Superdude911 said:
the kanji symbol they mistakenly thought that this is a n*zi flag

yup they so dum

Pretty sure you're doing a strawman here. For some people who are new to anime or don't care in the slightest about Japanese culture l, sure I can believe you. But you can't sincerely say that everyone who disliked the show did it because of something as minor as the flag.
May 28, 2022 8:06 AM

Apr 2021
Mostly the unsuited character designs and terrible animation in the second half of the season
May 28, 2022 8:14 AM
Apr 2022
the anime is too depressing and have very less happy scenes. and the season 1 end in not satisfying.
May 28, 2022 8:27 AM
Apr 2022
I dont know how people hate this show, its my #1 favorite of all time and only 10/10 ranked on my list. Sad to see a thread of people not liking the show.
May 28, 2022 12:13 PM
Jul 2019
DaveyCrocket55 said:
I dont know how people hate this show, its my #1 favorite of all time and only 10/10 ranked on my list. Sad to see a thread of people not liking the show.

Then why isn't it in your favorites
May 28, 2022 12:20 PM
Apr 2022
WalterBlack59 said:
DaveyCrocket55 said:

Im relatively new to the site lol
May 28, 2022 12:22 PM
Jul 2019
DaveyCrocket55 said:
WalterBlack59 said:

Im relatively new to the site lol

ah that explains it
May 28, 2022 1:45 PM

Feb 2021
I usually don't like characters that are constantly scream crying, but for some reason I actually really enjoyed this series. I was pretty invested on what was going to happen next and the ending of the season had me at the edge of my seat.

I could see why some people might not like as any time travel story will usually have plot holes, but I wouldn't say it is a bad series overall imo. :D

🌸 Ancient Jaguar Fiend, Saiko Beast! 🌸
🌸 EN/ESP Variety Vtuber 🌸

💗 twitch.tv/saiko_beast 💗

May 28, 2022 8:35 PM
Oct 2015
Shikhxrghh said:
Redrivalry18 said:
Personally didn't like this show at all. The main character is horrible. I'd say worse then Deku with all the crying. But I didn't like how he had one shot to change the past and would barely make it. The last big fight for reference. Also I hated how they didn't touch on the time travel aspect at all. Noone is curious how touching hands makes the mc go to the past. Its just fine as is in the show. I have other complaints about the Crybaby hero but I'll end it there. These are just my opinions. Hopefully didn't spoil anything.

no one is curious as to why shaking hands causes the MC to travel back in time? Are you kidding me? Is this the type of thing you’d expect someone to explain to you? Time travel is convoluted enough and entirely up to the person what to make of it.

Sure I would like it explained to me. I get it works because the detective is the only one who survived based on the MC's decision. But how would the kid survive no matter what decision is made now? The detective got a free pass and is now a save point in a sense. In a show where time travel is a huge plot point I think it should be explained. Instead he can just do it and there's no explanation. That small part is a big piece of the story missing.
May 29, 2022 12:33 AM
Oct 2021
I don't hate it. But it's not a 10/10 for me.

Characters are amazing, at first i didn't like the MC but i'm hoping that it'll get better. But Draken, Mikey, etc.? Really cool. The dynamics they have make this so much better.

Animation sucks ass, sadly, probably my biggest complain about the series...

Plot is kinda boring. I usually love Timetravel Anime, but here they made it look...kinda dumb. Almost if it was meant as comedy...but it wasn't funny. Holding hands? Seriously?
Well, the gang stuff is pretty interesting to watch tho. Sadly you could predict what was going to happen next in some situations...

Overall I'll watch the second season, mainly for the characters.
This anime doesn't deserve hate, but there's definitely a few things you could criticize.
May 29, 2022 9:02 AM
Aug 2021
Tokyo revengers is all good story and all until you remember their age
May 29, 2022 2:26 PM
Dec 2020
the stroy was ok, the mc trash, visible plotholes , easily predictable, hollow characters not great written characters at all, animation was ass most of the time and even after this many people stated it anime of the year 2021 so ya anyone would be angry because for me it was the most overhyped , overrated show. i dont hate it its enjoyble sometimes buts thats it other than that its not that good as people say it is.
May 29, 2022 11:58 PM
Mar 2022
3 reasons why I don't like TR that much

i) GIGANTIC PLOT HOLES
ii) Bad MC (He literally had no character development. Even after all the plot twists, he stayed the same crybaby he was, which is annoying af)
ii) Below average animation

That being said, the first 12 eps are amazing
May 30, 2022 8:54 AM
Jan 2021
I really don’t c an issue in Takemichi. I feel he’s perhaps one of the most realistic characters I have ever seen. And the dub representation of him was simply amazing👏👏👏😃 I personally love the show even tho it can be logicless at times
May 31, 2022 7:03 AM
Dec 2021
it kinda made sense in the beginning but after the 200th chapter i think the author really started to drag it down. it didn’t make sense. i was confused when they showed mickey and his dark side. the author didnt give details about most of the things in the show. also the fandom really made it worse than it was. i was a big fan of it, but as i said it started to get boring and confusing. people assume things about the show and they go for it saying it’s canon, which is terrible for the plot.
Jun 2, 2022 12:51 PM
Nov 2021
Redrivalry18 said:

Bro first how can you compare a mc like deku to him
Jun 2, 2022 1:01 PM
Oct 2015
KhargoSH said:
Redrivalry18 said:

Bro first how can you compare a mc like deku to him

I'm comparing two characters that cry through their screen time. Maybe both characters get better in the next seasons. But for now its a perfect comparison.
Jun 4, 2022 6:16 AM
Apr 2022
In general, the anime is good, but just the fact that they are 15/16 years old is just bruuuuhh. The meaning of 15 years is killing people, riding motorcycles🧐
Jun 4, 2022 7:37 AM
Jul 2020
because it has to be hated
Jun 8, 2022 5:33 AM
Apr 2022
idk i thought it was really good some would say its a terrible re:zero but i don't think so
Jun 14, 2022 5:30 PM

Oct 2018
Trickieking said:
This comment section is toxic, don’t expect many legits here (only saw a few)
Tokyo Revengers tried something new, was well executed although the budget was mid, the characters were nicely developed, Mikey and Takemichi were no new personalities to anime but got more depth then most ppl want to see and realise but rather pull their pants down and take a huge dump. (Takemichi is ur typical crybaby, BUT for rather good reasons, he just annoys ppl with his constantly switching attitude and mood. Mikey is ur typical badass with a soft core (similar to Meliodas mybe), BUT his relationships with Draken…

(with the best philosophy for the necessary ”bad“ guy in any darklife/streetlife story ”we do shit and harm ppl, but we avoid innocents and don’t let them get involved with it, if possible, otherwise we apologize, and clean behind the shit we cause, which is our way of living life without being a pain in the arse of decent folks“, reminds me of some eminem lectures from back in these days)

…and Takemichi show more sides of him and the character arc-cliffhanger in the anime makes you worry and theorize about what could’ve caused Mikeys change in decisions and seemingly even his personality, if there even was a ”change“.

Don’t listen to haters, these will always exist and they suck for the anime industry, they disrespect the efforts of animators that sometimes even risk their physical health to the point of life threatening health and mental issues (huge problem in japan) which aren’t even properly paid for that shit (compared to almost any other country). Animators hv the worst, impossible schedules and are constantly overworked and yet they managed to make even the static fight scenes in Tokyo Revengers look and feel GREAT. Haters always hate on some small pickety tiny points and can’t accept the concept of ”decent“ anime since everything they say is right and only their masterpiece is watchable the rest only deserves their mud, disrespect and puke, so I either fight or ignore them, as you mybe should as well!

That’s it, h8 on me haters if you want, you just don’t deserve anime if you don’t bring up good reasons to justify actual hate, and that’s most likely not just my opinion. (High quality Harem shit or controversial stuff (rape and pedophilia) is (hopefully for obvious reasons) different to be viewed on.)
Peace✌🏽
I almost agree with the first two paragraphs. But the third one is a shit one tbh. Yes it's their situation but the thread is about the anime, right? Don't need to patronize them because it's their fault in the first place for creating a bad product. No offense to all of you but it's the truth.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jun 16, 2022 8:09 AM
Apr 2022
@Natsuki_SanJuan I’m sorry, but I can’t tell which paragraph you mean. The technical third one is about Mikeys position after every present time phase of the anime. I obviously put my own opinions into the text, but I don’t see what you evaluate as ”shit“?
But you do seem to talk about the animators, it is true that you shouldn’t patronize ALL animators, but for this anime it is no exception with the exploitation of animators. Everything seems to mostly depend on the director or some few skilled animators and sound artists, which are more expensive than a cheaper production team with a more expensive director. I’m no pro when it is about this industry but I rarely read about fair payment or treatment. The natural stress of deadlines should be more than enough, but then you have more haters than positive reviews for little reason. For a mid lvl anime I rly enjoyed this one and respect the characters for who they are supposed to be and how the fight scenes were cheaply animated to further portray that. Have a good day
TrickiekingJun 16, 2022 8:16 AM
Jun 16, 2022 5:07 PM

Oct 2018
Trickieking said:
@Natsuki_SanJuan I’m sorry, but I can’t tell which paragraph you mean. The technical third one is about Mikeys position after every present time phase of the anime. I obviously put my own opinions into the text, but I don’t see what you evaluate as ”shit“?
But you do seem to talk about the animators, it is true that you shouldn’t patronize ALL animators, but for this anime it is no exception with the exploitation of animators. Everything seems to mostly depend on the director or some few skilled animators and sound artists, which are more expensive than a cheaper production team with a more expensive director. I’m no pro when it is about this industry but I rarely read about fair payment or treatment. The natural stress of deadlines should be more than enough, but then you have more haters than positive reviews for little reason. For a mid lvl anime I rly enjoyed this one and respect the characters for who they are supposed to be and how the fight scenes were cheaply animated to further portray that. Have a good day
Okay but there's no need to mention the staff/animators because it's the show is talking about. Think about this example from the controversy incident of The Promised Neverland S2 and Wonder Egg Priority. Both of them were utterly trash from obvious reasons so some people should patronize them at the first place? Maybe or maybe not. But in the end, that's still not a valid reason that this X anime shouldn't be hated. My statement is if their project is garbage, then I guess it's their fault. Because they must reap what they sow.

And most of my reviews are completely positive and bias for some aspect. Not completely subjective because some of my reviews were analyzed the flaws, even the previous ones were good.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jun 21, 2022 8:17 AM

Jul 2019
Shikhxrghh said:
Redrivalry18 said:

To have a central plot element explained is perfectly reasonable. Since otherwise many of the plot points revolving this element (which is basically all of them) will feel contrived.
Subarashii
Jul 2, 2022 7:18 AM

Oct 2020
TJ90 said:
For me its the non existent logic in this show. I know its an anime, anime dont need to be logic, but this show tries so hart to be.

So for example, whole gangs of 12 to 15 year old kids driving motorbikes in Japan is pretty impossible with all the heavy law and people clinging to that laws. I wont mention the weight of motorbikes some grown up men cant hold properly ;) Than the kid gang fights with about 200 kids at one place without adults noticing or interacting the moment they gather together? In Japan? I dont know guys ... They are not really yakuza or sub groups of them (for what I know in the past parts of season 1).

And I'm not even trying to figure out what all the handshake-timetravel-thing should be. The causality of timetraveling is definitly not part of this show I really tried to like because of Mikey and Draken.

For other examples I would spoil, so I'll end it here. I think it doesnt matter if people like or dislike TR, it just matters if you like it, than please do. Every anime deserves their fans and non-fans - called balance ;)

That's the main reason, the first paragraph.....if the setting would've been like Violence Jack,, something like after an apocalypse the world turned evil, or something similar, i would've loved it as some psychological shit,, but this show just crosses the line....I Love Slam Dunk, Beelzebub, GTO, it's not that i hate delinquents, even tho I'm not one, but in this show, messing with drugs, cigarettes for some High School kids of 13-18 yrs old is kinda off.... actually it is Really Odd. The creator just wanted appeal by making hot blooded teenagers cool and OP, but after you grow up you see something like Psyco Pass makes real sense.

The Time Travel logic is the worst in the history of fiction. That's a second reason.

The MC develops, but develops in an annoying way, that's the 3rd reason. Mikey,Draken, Chifuyu are the only "GOOD" characters in the show, and i don't see any other characters appealing.

The Mafia, gang type thing in so developed Japan is Oddly unsatisfying. I HATED THAT THE MOST.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jul 2, 2022 7:19 AM

Oct 2020
L1ncoln86 said:
I don't understand why do people hate on the anime so much, especially saying that is worse than the manga

The previous reply is my reason.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jul 4, 2022 7:55 AM

Apr 2021
Ummmmm...... Because it's bad?
Jul 4, 2022 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
It seems to me that it is mainly due to the logic of shifting back in time and the annoying tearful MC. Personally, the lack of logic in many things did not bother me
Jul 4, 2022 1:42 PM
Jan 2021
Don‘t know honestly.
Before the anime came out, that delinquent manga was very popular among every manga reader. (Almost)
Maybe because it‘s „hyped“ and they think it doesnt deserve it
Jul 5, 2022 7:18 PM

Aug 2012
This is honestly so bad and so unbearable to watch.
The writing makes no sense most of the time and Takemichi must have some sort of brain injury because he never knows what to say and he never remembers anything important.
This show is awful and I think its made for people that are really really dumb.
Jan 8, 2023 8:43 AM

Apr 2009
90% of hate it's all about the pussy main character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2023 1:07 AM
Feb 2020
reading the comments explains it all.

many people are too stupid to like it.
have stereotypes to not like it.
don´t know about life and can´t relate.

i read crybaby, but Zenitsu and Izuku are fan favorites. aha
i read "they are 15..." yes, and? Ever been to a ghetto? ever watched any anime at all? what do you mean "regular life"?! they are thugs. watched Kuroko no Basket or Captain Tsubasa? all they did was sports. and?

the haters are just mad they can´t enjoy it because their favorite anime didn´t get the hype. look at the haters, 200-500 anime completed...they don´t enjoy anime anymore, they just consume
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

255 by ejleon »»
Today, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

154 by KediTime12 »»
Yesterday, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2021

186 by Tamima10 »»
Yesterday, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2021

104 by Tamima10 »»
Jun 15, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

111 by Tamima10 »»
Jun 15, 12:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.