Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
May 27, 2022 5:10 PM
Sep 2021
I don't understand why do people hate on the anime so much, especially saying that is worse than the manga
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 27, 2022 5:20 PM
Jul 2017
L1ncoln86 said:
I don't understand why do people hate on the anime so much, especially saying that is worse than the manga

so the whole managa is better is said fir like almost every anime but I do think this anime deserves alot of love it's great but I think ppl mainly hate the mc
May 27, 2022 5:24 PM
Dec 2015
I wanna know too, the story is incredible and I think we barely saw anything, I got attached to all the characters it’s so well written.
May 27, 2022 5:31 PM

Jul 2015
People don't like that MC too often shows human emotions.

May 27, 2022 5:32 PM
Oct 2015
Personally didn't like this show at all. The main character is horrible. I'd say worse then Deku with all the crying. But I didn't like how he had one shot to change the past and would barely make it. The last big fight for reference. Also I hated how they didn't touch on the time travel aspect at all. Noone is curious how touching hands makes the mc go to the past. Its just fine as is in the show. I have other complaints about the Crybaby hero but I'll end it there. These are just my opinions. Hopefully didn't spoil anything.
May 27, 2022 5:33 PM

Jul 2021
It has terrible writing and characters.

May 27, 2022 5:39 PM
May 2021
I enjoyed the show whenever it wasn’t focusing on Takemichi
May 27, 2022 5:39 PM
May 2022
Some of them are probably angry about the undeserved popularity that the anime has so they start to hate on it for no particular reason, but even so i do agree with them, the anime doesn't deserve such a large fan-base... for me it's a maximum 5-6/10 💫 but the manga is a lot better.
May 27, 2022 5:43 PM
May 2022
Piromysl said:

fr 💀 but they wouldn't even come close to the accomplishments that takemichi achieves throughout the series, many people hate on takemichi without realising that they're also automatically hating themselves
May 27, 2022 5:44 PM
May 2022
L1ncoln86 said:

well it is indeed a lot worse than the manga, but yea some amounts of hate on the anime are just an exaggeration
May 27, 2022 5:45 PM
Feb 2021
because there are too many slowmo in the fight
May 27, 2022 5:46 PM

May 2021
Because it is shit
May 27, 2022 5:47 PM
Apr 2021
maybe because of the mc
May 27, 2022 6:22 PM
May 2022
I guess people mainly hate on it because of the mc but I mean the manga wasn't that bad, in fact, it was better. I do agree that the anime is not all that great but I still enjoyed it even if it's just a little bit. This is just my opinion though.
May 27, 2022 6:28 PM
Jun 2015
itazuko said:
Piromysl said:

fr 💀 but they wouldn't even come close to the accomplishments that takemichi achieves throughout the series, many people hate on takemichi without realising that they're also automatically hating themselves

Just finished the anime and... yes, true
May 27, 2022 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
Piromysl said:
i kno rite?? Pee pole jus dis like it because it soo guud.
May 27, 2022 6:57 PM

Sep 2021
Piromysl said:

Personally I'd kill for a good protagonist who wears his heart on sleeve but I still dislike the show. There are dumb decisions and plot threads are never explained properly.
May 27, 2022 7:12 PM
Oct 2021
As a reader of the manga prior to the anime release, I personally did not like the anime because of pacing, animation, ect. I was just disappointed about how they went about animating it. I didn’t enjoy the anime compared to how I love the manga- and therefore I was super critical about its adaptation.
I honestly don’t know why the anime receives so much hate from people who haven’t read the manga. I think much of the hate comes from people who are unrightfully petty about how quickly it gained popularity. It’s still an interesting story despite me, personally, not enjoying the anime.
A lot of people blame the MC. The MC isn’t anything new, there are tons of MCs similar to him that are popular. I think he is very misunderstood among people who have only seen a bit of the anime and therefore an easy reason to diss on the show.
However, its hard to see through the eyes of people who haven’t read the manga. (I don’t mean this in a “manga supremacy” way- but that I literally cannot remember how I felt when I was a newer fan of the series and didn’t have so many attachments to later arcs and characters). Maybe the story isn’t developed enough in the anime for certain crowds to get invested?
May 27, 2022 7:20 PM

Dec 2021
just really bad in every regard, the premise is stupid, its cliche as hell, it tries to take itself seriously when its got the stupidest backstories ever
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
May 27, 2022 7:23 PM
Nov 2021
I love the story and most of the characters, however Takemitchi irritates me. I find him annoying and that causes me to like TR a bit less due to his actions.
May 27, 2022 7:34 PM
Mar 2021
_spoon_ said:
It has terrible writing and characters.

Alter Arturia 💓
May 27, 2022 7:38 PM
Sep 2021
Time travel might as well be irrelevant due to how often your main character just forgets the most important things he learns. It is very frustrating for both that character and that mechanic being basically the shows center.
May 27, 2022 8:48 PM
Feb 2022
L1ncoln86 said:

Animation is subpar compared to other animes coming out at the time.

Premise seemed so amazing, I thought it would be dark and protagonist would be stoic and strong, doing whatever it takes to become a high rank and change the gang. instead it turned out to be about some guy who just cries about it, which although not suited to my taste, would be okay were it not for the fact that every problem in the story is solved by him crying, the author makes the whole plot work around his crying, using some stupid ass logic at times.

Zero to no character progression, Everyone is the fucking same at the start of it and the end of it.
The only change in characters is their views on Takemitchy, they didn't like but found out he was a good(or strongwilled crybaby) person and became friends with. That's sounds like some nursery children's stories kinda plot
May 27, 2022 8:57 PM
Mar 2022
L1ncoln86 said:

because it's a 6/10 anime and it got a fanbase 10 times larger than it deserves
May 27, 2022 9:42 PM
Sep 2021
I think people hate Takemichi because he's not the stereotypical anime MC. I personally like him for this very reason, it's good to see a unique protagonist who isn't ridiculously strong and is relatable because of his weaknesses/emotions.
May 27, 2022 9:45 PM
Nov 2021
People who say it is bad because of the mc, just wait for season 2 or read the manga, one of the best mc i've seen. Before reading the manga i hated the anime like some people do, but after the manga damn.. amazing!
May 27, 2022 9:47 PM
Jan 2022
it's probably because of Takemitchi ngl
May 27, 2022 9:48 PM
Apr 2022
This comment section is toxic, don’t expect many legits here (only saw a few)
Tokyo Revengers tried something new, was well executed although the budget was mid, the characters were nicely developed, Mikey and Takemichi were no new personalities to anime but got more depth then most ppl want to see and realise but rather pull their pants down and take a huge dump. (Takemichi is ur typical crybaby, BUT for rather good reasons, he just annoys ppl with his constantly switching attitude and mood. Mikey is ur typical badass with a soft core (similar to Meliodas mybe), BUT his relationships with Draken…

(with the best philosophy for the necessary ”bad“ guy in any darklife/streetlife story ”we do shit and harm ppl, but we avoid innocents and don’t let them get involved with it, if possible, otherwise we apologize, and clean behind the shit we cause, which is our way of living life without being a pain in the arse of decent folks“, reminds me of some eminem lectures from back in these days)

…and Takemichi show more sides of him and the character arc-cliffhanger in the anime makes you worry and theorize about what could’ve caused Mikeys change in decisions and seemingly even his personality, if there even was a ”change“.

Don’t listen to haters, these will always exist and they suck for the anime industry, they disrespect the efforts of animators that sometimes even risk their physical health to the point of life threatening health and mental issues (huge problem in japan) which aren’t even properly paid for that shit (compared to almost any other country). Animators hv the worst, impossible schedules and are constantly overworked and yet they managed to make even the static fight scenes in Tokyo Revengers look and feel GREAT. Haters always hate on some small pickety tiny points and can’t accept the concept of ”decent“ anime since everything they say is right and only their masterpiece is watchable the rest only deserves their mud, disrespect and puke, so I either fight or ignore them, as you mybe should as well!

That’s it, h8 on me haters if you want, you just don’t deserve anime if you don’t bring up good reasons to justify actual hate, and that’s most likely not just my opinion. (High quality Harem shit or controversial stuff (rape and pedophilia) is (hopefully for obvious reasons) different to be viewed on.)
Peace✌🏽
TrickiekingMay 27, 2022 10:29 PM
May 27, 2022 10:00 PM
Nov 2018
For me its the non existent logic in this show. I know its an anime, anime dont need to be logic, but this show tries so hart to be.

So for example, whole gangs of 12 to 15 year old kids driving motorbikes in Japan is pretty impossible with all the heavy law and people clinging to that laws. I wont mention the weight of motorbikes some grown up men cant hold properly ;) Than the kid gang fights with about 200 kids at one place without adults noticing or interacting the moment they gather together? In Japan? I dont know guys ... They are not really yakuza or sub groups of them (for what I know in the past parts of season 1).

And I'm not even trying to figure out what all the handshake-timetravel-thing should be. The causality of timetraveling is definitly not part of this show I really tried to like because of Mikey and Draken.

For other examples I would spoil, so I'll end it here. I think it doesnt matter if people like or dislike TR, it just matters if you like it, than please do. Every anime deserves their fans and non-fans - called balance ;)
May 27, 2022 10:08 PM
Apr 2022
TJ90 said:
For me its the non existent logic in this show. I know its an anime, anime dont need to be logic, but this show tries so hart to be.

So for example, whole gangs of 12 to 15 year old kids driving motorbikes in Japan is pretty impossible with all the heavy law and people clinging to that laws. I wont mention the weight of motorbikes some grown up men cant hold properly ;) Than the kid gang fights with about 200 kids at one place without adults noticing or interacting the moment they gather together? In Japan? I dont know guys ... They are not really yakuza or sub groups of them (for what I know in the past parts of season 1).

And I'm not even trying to figure out what all the handshake-timetravel-thing should be. The causality of timetraveling is definitly not part of this show I really tried to like because of Mikey and Draken.

For other examples I would spoil, so I'll end it here. I think it doesnt matter if people like or dislike TR, it just matters if you like it, than please do. Every anime deserves their fans and non-fans - called balance ;)

I agree with u. Abt the kid logic, I think the anime would’ve perfectly worked by using the perspective of 18-22yr old Yakuza gang members that later just grow instead of just then to become Yakuzaish or the whole time back and forth thing. With those 2 aspects they just clearly added typical genre brands on a very mature streetboy/-gang story, to appeal to the huge anime market in japan, where genre and categories seem to be more important than the actual content something serves.

Just like in the west with ego shooters that can go from Doom (fantasy lore) to COD (realism slice of history) or CSGO (money gambling for teens)
May 27, 2022 10:15 PM
Mar 2022
because of takemitchi.
May 27, 2022 10:16 PM
Jun 2021
Its a pretty popular anime, so people are gonna love it and people are gonna hate it. It just comes with the territory of popular things.
May 27, 2022 11:14 PM
Jun 2021
mc and animation p
May 27, 2022 11:21 PM
Jul 2021
ig cuz it has so high manga sales and animation didn't look like of 2021.
Animation is not that big of a issue. Manga sales r high and ppl love to hate on popular things to get attention
May 27, 2022 11:26 PM
Jan 2021
beause it is crap.
May 27, 2022 11:27 PM
Jan 2021
TJ90 said:

I fully agree with you
May 27, 2022 11:42 PM
Jul 2021
animation was really bad at times other than that it was fun
May 28, 2022 12:54 AM
Dec 2021
Because the whole time travel concept doesn't make sense and there are an insane amount of plot holes.
May 28, 2022 1:23 AM

Jul 2021
i enjoyed this show when takemichi didn't cry

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
May 28, 2022 1:24 AM

Sep 2020
Mc's 26 yet his actions looks like a fucking 10 year old
May 28, 2022 1:30 AM
Apr 2021
Overrated ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
May 28, 2022 1:30 AM

Jul 2021
I hate it because people are telling me this is going to be the next Stein;Gate but I don't see any potential at all
May 28, 2022 1:38 AM

Feb 2022
People can hate or love anything... some people like sour , some dont, some like sweet , some like spicy, some people are left handed , some are right handed, some people wear glasses, some people dont, some people love chemistry, some dont, some love biology , some dont.... people can love/hate everything so it shouldn't be a question that why people love or hate on this/that anime so much... i hope u understood my perspective... 👍
May 28, 2022 2:01 AM
May 2022
I was enjoying the show only if there wasn't Takemichi. I hate his personality so much.
The anime was average. It was too long and almost nothing happened there. It was really hard to finish.
May 28, 2022 2:35 AM
May 2021
Bad characters, stupid MC, plot holes, ect.
May 28, 2022 2:40 AM
Apr 2022
the kanji symbol they mistakenly thought that this is a n*zi flag

yup they so dum
May 28, 2022 2:43 AM
Apr 2022
Superdude911 said:
the kanji symbol they mistakenly thought that this is a n*zi flag

yup they so dum

and I love the MC his personality is so realistic 😩👌
May 28, 2022 3:11 AM
Sep 2021
First I'm hearing of people not really liking it. everyone I speak to love this anime so idrk mate. Great unique characters and a pretty interesting story line that always leaves you surprised and on edge. isn't the greatest anime but I don't think it gets as much hate as you think
May 28, 2022 3:43 AM

Jan 2021
I'd guess it's because the animation isn't the best quality
May 28, 2022 4:19 AM
Aug 2021
1. bunch of kids being gangsters
2. mc
3. power levels r not measurable (which makes the fights unrealistic)
that's enough for me to don't like it
well overall it's decent
Time travel with action is lame
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

344 by Old_wallister »»
Sep 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

252 by AeonHeals »»
Aug 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

113 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

129 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

207 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 6:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.