Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 23, 2022 5:54 AM
Jan 2021
DaddyDonovan said:
Neneaux said:
As an anime only who knows the spoilers I fucking love how every week people are shrieking that anime only are going to hate it now! For like the last 4 or 5 weeks. It's fucking hilarious. Oh no a character did a bad thing! Choose a side, good or bad! I choose neither side. I'm on the side that loves every single episode no matter which side it wants to make sympathetic. The destruction of a fictional world won't hurt you in real life. It's Ok <3

tbf chapter 126(which is what will be adapted next week) and then the last couple chapters of the story are pretty weak(especially 139) it is funny as hell to see manga readers waiting for anime onlies to start hating the show because they decided that everything left in the manga after season 4 part 1 was adapted is shit just because of chapter 139.

How on earth is 127 weak? or 128/129? Did we read the same manga? 127 is one of the best AOT chapters
Feb 23, 2022 6:44 AM
Nov 2010
Tokoya said:
I have never heard of Eternal Champion, I did a quick google and a band came up lol, so I'm gonna have to do more research on that lol,

Here's the wiki link

You should copy and paste the link address instead of clicking it because just clicking the link leads to a different place.
Feb 23, 2022 11:08 AM
Aug 2020
imbAF said:
DaddyDonovan said:

tbf chapter 126(which is what will be adapted next week) and then the last couple chapters of the story are pretty weak(especially 139) it is funny as hell to see manga readers waiting for anime onlies to start hating the show because they decided that everything left in the manga after season 4 part 1 was adapted is shit just because of chapter 139.

How on earth is 127 weak? or 128/129? Did we read the same manga? 127 is one of the best AOT chapters

127,128, and 129 are all quite good its 126 adn then a lot of what comes after 131 that I wasn't in love with.
Feb 23, 2022 11:42 AM

Sep 2019
Tokoya said:
Enri_eu said:
This guy calls the alliance "cringe", it is pointless to discuss with people who supports fascists. Yeah I do agree it was a waste to not have a intense Annie reunion, but it doesnt make the chapter bad or anything, the pie scene is fine and the series has a few comedy moments like this.
I was never saying that the chapter was bad, all I was trying to get across is that this particular scene was just really nonsensical....Overall The Cringevengers arc here is kinda cringe at times but its not anything inherently bad either since we would narratively expect these characters to go the idealistic route even though what they're fighting for is a lost cause that they unfortunately refuse to see

But as for your "Fascists" comment

I dunno why people refuse to put aside their modern day real world views and morals, and then go around self inserting them into a fictional narrative such as Attack on Titan that has next to little similarities or situations to that of what we have in our own real world history lol....The best example we have is the Holocaust, but the situation surrounding that is entirely different to the issues and situations that exist in the world of Attack on Titan

Yes Genocide is morally wrong and shouldn't ever be a solution, but the fact of the matter is, in the story of Attack on Titan, it's literally either us or them....I dunno what else to tell you at this point....Just because some people can see this that doesn't mean they're fascists' or that you can go around fallaciously labelling them as such lol

"I think I know what the story is about better than the writer himself, so when I don't like the narrative shift of a chapter or the ending I say it's bad writing and I'm objectively right" KEKW

Maybe the story just isn't the shallow edgefest you expected it to be :O
Feb 23, 2022 12:22 PM
Aug 2020
Tokoya said:
Yogen-No-Ko said:

I'm confused... do you actually think the warriors attacked the walls for "no reason"? Marley wanted the founding titan (and as far as I remember they also wanted all the resources that were still on the island)... you might not like the reason but there is one, isn't there?
They were tasked with obtaining the founding titan.....Marley itself planned to take the islands' resources later on but the Warriors sole mission was to obtain the Founder....All that other shit they did such as bringing down Wall Maria, attempting to do the same to the other walls and then murdering hundreds of people was done all on their own volition even AFTER living with these people for years knowing that they weren't devils

"But they had a reason"...Yeah tell that to poor Marco and all of the other people they killed just because

It's rich that yall wanna demonize and oppose Eren for doing the same thing (Albeit on a grander scale) and see him be stopped and criticized yet when it comes to Annie, "she had a reason" so therefore she gets a pass and shouldnt even be scolded at the very least. Eren has a great reason too lol, heck his reason is more dire than theirs ever was

Im pretty sure they killed Marco because he found out the truth. The whole point of AOT is that everyone is doing things for reasons outside their control. The warriors did what they did because they believed they were saving the world, and to become honarary marleyans. Also they were just kids. It is pretty hard to blame them for any of what they did. Willy Tybur did what he did to protect the eldians who lived in Marley, to protect Marley from global retaliation to its imperialism, and to unite the world against a threat that could(and almost did) destroy the world. Zeke was doing what he was to both save the eldians from the world and to save the world from them, and Eren did what he did to protect his people from near certain annihilation(among other things). The point is that no one really had a choice to do what they did, and thats where the surface level political themes of the show intersect with the deeper philisophical ones.
Feb 23, 2022 1:31 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fantyyy said:
Tokoya said:
I was never saying that the chapter was bad, all I was trying to get across is that this particular scene was just really nonsensical....Overall The Cringevengers arc here is kinda cringe at times but its not anything inherently bad either since we would narratively expect these characters to go the idealistic route even though what they're fighting for is a lost cause that they unfortunately refuse to see

But as for your "Fascists" comment

I dunno why people refuse to put aside their modern day real world views and morals, and then go around self inserting them into a fictional narrative such as Attack on Titan that has next to little similarities or situations to that of what we have in our own real world history lol....The best example we have is the Holocaust, but the situation surrounding that is entirely different to the issues and situations that exist in the world of Attack on Titan

Yes Genocide is morally wrong and shouldn't ever be a solution, but the fact of the matter is, in the story of Attack on Titan, it's literally either us or them....I dunno what else to tell you at this point....Just because some people can see this that doesn't mean they're fascists' or that you can go around fallaciously labelling them as such lol

"I think I know what the story is about better than the writer himself, so when I don't like the narrative shift of a chapter or the ending I say it's bad writing and I'm objectively right" KEKW

Maybe the story just isn't the shallow edgefest you expected it to be :O
What a weak response lol....I get where you're trying to go with this, but unlike yourself, there's actually printed and recorded interviews of Isayama himself stating many times what this series is heavily based on (Such as MLA) and how many times throughout the writing process he has changed certain things within the story

Now for all we know, a lot of the theories may not happen, but regardless of the fact, Isayama confirming these similarities doesn't mean that they were never there
Feb 23, 2022 1:37 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DaddyDonovan said:
Tokoya said:
They were tasked with obtaining the founding titan.....Marley itself planned to take the islands' resources later on but the Warriors sole mission was to obtain the Founder....All that other shit they did such as bringing down Wall Maria, attempting to do the same to the other walls and then murdering hundreds of people was done all on their own volition even AFTER living with these people for years knowing that they weren't devils

"But they had a reason"...Yeah tell that to poor Marco and all of the other people they killed just because

It's rich that yall wanna demonize and oppose Eren for doing the same thing (Albeit on a grander scale) and see him be stopped and criticized yet when it comes to Annie, "she had a reason" so therefore she gets a pass and shouldnt even be scolded at the very least. Eren has a great reason too lol, heck his reason is more dire than theirs ever was

Im pretty sure they killed Marco because he found out the truth. The whole point of AOT is that everyone is doing things for reasons outside their control. The warriors did what they did because they believed they were saving the world, and to become honarary marleyans. Also they were just kids. It is pretty hard to blame them for any of what they did. Willy Tybur did what he did to protect the eldians who lived in Marley, to protect Marley from global retaliation to its imperialism, and to unite the world against a threat that could(and almost did) destroy the world. Zeke was doing what he was to both save the eldians from the world and to save the world from them, and Eren did what he did to protect his people from near certain annihilation(among other things). The point is that no one really had a choice to do what they did, and thats where the surface level political themes of the show intersect with the deeper philisophical ones.
The Warriors did what they did for selfish reasons:

Annie: She wanted to live peacefully free of all the bullshit in the world with her dad as an Honorary Marleyan

Reiner and Bert: They wanted to become Honorary Marlyen so that they and their families can live better lives in Marley

It was never about "Saving the world" for them like it was for Gabi and Falco because quite frankly, after learning the truth, they saw through all of that "Island Devils" bullshit. hence why they felt so bad for the stuff that they did and why Reiner had SEVERE PTSD as a result

Willy, like his entire family is a bootlicker that once again tried to sell out his own people, and Zeke was just a dumbass who also strived on selling out his own people as well, except he wanted to single handedly be responsible of Eldian Genocide - Hence what happened to Grisha and Dina

They all chose to do these things for their own personal reasons, nobody forced them to
Feb 23, 2022 2:10 PM
Aug 2020
Tokoya said:
DaddyDonovan said:

The Warriors did what they did for selfish reasons:

Annie: She wanted to live peacefully free of all the bullshit in the world with her dad as an Honorary Marleyan

Reiner and Bert: They wanted to become Honorary Marlyen so that they and their families can live better lives in Marley

It was never about "Saving the world" for them like it was for Gabi and Falco because quite frankly, after learning the truth, they saw through all of that "Island Devils" bullshit. hence why they felt so bad for the stuff that they did and why Reiner had SEVERE PTSD as a result

Willy, like his entire family is a bootlicker that once again tried to sell out his own people, and Zeke was just a dumbass who also strived on selling out his own people as well, except he wanted to single handedly be responsible of Eldian Genocide - Hence what happened to Grisha and Dina

They all chose to do these things for their own personal reasons, nobody forced them to

sort of, I agree that they all had personal reasons to do what they did, but at the same time it was only because they were reacting to the circumstances that they were born into. Zeke wanted to sterilize the eldians because he is at heart an anti-natalist, in the end his solution would have been the only one with no cost to human life. However, it also would have doomed his people to extinction. Reiner and Bertholdt both had highly personal reasons to do what they did, however they were very much victims of circumstance. Annie was probably the only one who really didn't care that much about the human life she was taking, but even she was created by her surroundings. So your right that they did what they did for selfish reasons however I would argue that none of them had a choice. Thats where the question of moral responsibility comes in, they were all stuck in situations they couldn't get out of and yet there reasons for doing what they did were highly personal. It echoes the themes of determinism and free-will. Whether they bare moral responbility is something that I think the series meant to leave as a question rather than an answer. Also this applies even to Eren despite the fact that he constantly tries to prove himself free even though that gives him moral responsibility. Anyway I would argue that even though they were all stuck in situations where from an outside perspective you could argue they didn't have a choice, from an inside perspective they all were doing what they did for selfish reasons. I think one of the most interesting things about AOT is how it emulates literary tragedies where it feels like no one had a choice, and yet everyone did.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.