Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

The story would've been so much better if the author didn't add the time travel.

Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2021 4:36 AM

May 2021
nworbsenni said:
oh shut up you prententious cunt, not everything has to be realistic its an animation for peats sake

Pretentious*

Come up with a better argument next time.

Oct 18, 2021 4:52 AM

Jan 2021
Nah bro.There wouldn't be any plot holes also how was takemitchi supposed to achieve his first goal without time travel
Oct 18, 2021 7:18 AM
May 2016
nworbsenni said:
darrenkbenn said:
I hate the series btw.
Just removing the time travel? Maybe it would avoid a lot of problems but you just can't ignore how horribly the characters are written and how generic the plot would be(even with time travel its generic)for a shounen, cuz if it was a seinen the author could have made the series a lot more realistic.
oh shut up you prententious cunt, not everything has to be realistic its an animation for peats sake

Exactly we watch most anime because they're fictional. Realistic situations get old and repeated.
Oct 18, 2021 8:03 AM

Jan 2020
I know what would make the show boring

If the poster was the one calling the shots on the show.
Oct 18, 2021 12:22 PM
Jan 2021
The time travel part is not the highlight of the show but it makes the show somewhat different from other IMO
Oct 18, 2021 9:11 PM
Oct 2021
I'd be much happier if they kept the time travel aspect but changed the mc. Takemichi is infuriating to watch at best.
Oct 18, 2021 9:13 PM

Jul 2020
yizhuoluvbot said:
I'd be much happier if they kept the time travel aspect but changed the mc. Takemichi is infuriating to watch at best.

Yeah, the author wrote Takemichi in a way that we should feel sympathy for him. But he is the most annoying mc I've ever seen.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 18, 2021 9:16 PM
Oct 2021
Scordolo said:
yizhuoluvbot said:

Yeah, the author wrote Takemichi in a way that we should feel sympathy for him. But he is the most annoying mc I've ever seen.
Yeah. He was the reason I almost dropped the series lol, Draken or Baji or even Chifuyu would have been better off as the protagonists.
Oct 18, 2021 9:33 PM

Jul 2020
nworbsenni said:
darrenkbenn said:
I hate the series btw.
Just removing the time travel? Maybe it would avoid a lot of problems but you just can't ignore how horribly the characters are written and how generic the plot would be(even with time travel its generic)for a shounen, cuz if it was a seinen the author could have made the series a lot more realistic.
RequiemLo64 said:
Scordolo said:
Do you all agree? There would've been no plot holes. The Anime would've been focusing on how the Tokyo Manji Gang was formed and the process of how it is growing rather than Takemichi focusing on saving Hina. It would've been much darker than how it is now.
are you stupid or do you just talk for the sake of talking ? This gotta be a troll cause there’s no way you’re serious SMH PLEASE TELL ME I DONT HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY WHAT YOU’RE SAYING IS JUST A BUNCH OF BAFOONERY

Lmao I hope it is YOU ALL who is trolling.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 18, 2021 9:36 PM
Dec 2019
Scordolo said:
nworbsenni said:
RequiemLo64 said:
are you stupid or do you just talk for the sake of talking ? This gotta be a troll cause there’s no way you’re serious SMH PLEASE TELL ME I DONT HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY WHAT YOU’RE SAYING IS JUST A BUNCH OF BAFOONERY

yup you got me, I actually thought you were serious, Question: how would Tokyo revengers work without time travel? Have you thought of an alternative or a different scenario for this to work cause take one aspect out of TR and that’s game set match for the manga and anime.
Oct 18, 2021 9:55 PM

Jul 2020
RequiemLo64 said:
Scordolo said:

yup you got me, I actually thought you were serious, Question: how would Tokyo revengers work without time travel? Have you thought of an alternative or a different scenario for this to work cause take one aspect out of TR and that’s game set match for the manga and anime.

Nope, I just thought it would work cuz a lot of Toman's top members have intriguing backstory.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 20, 2021 5:08 PM
Jul 2021
would’ve been a short ass anime then.
Oct 22, 2021 7:25 AM
Sep 2021
Scordolo said:
Do you all agree? There would've been no plot holes. The Anime would've been focusing on how the Tokyo Manji Gang was formed and the process of how it is growing rather than Takemichi focusing on saving Hina. It would've been much darker than how it is now.
this maybe a plot hole but imo, there's no story without the time travel
Oct 30, 2021 7:05 PM

Feb 2016
I agree, this anime has some of the dumbest use of time travel I've ever seen. Takemichi is an idiot, but I don't dislike him. Even without time travel, he could still have had the same motivation if Wakui had made him a prophet who sees visions of the future. The story would have stood out even more like that, as I can't think of any clairvoyant anime characters.
その目だれの目?
Nov 1, 2021 1:10 PM
Mar 2021
But then how would the story actually work?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2021 12:31 PM

Feb 2018
Scordolo said:

As an anime-only watcher, I agree.

MoFarah123 said:
No
Not at all
The story would’ve been too boring if there was no time travel

IMO, the thing is the Time Travel first episode was excellent, but it just only served as bait.
As an anime only it did feel sidelined after episode 3, then the story becomes kinda boring and at times only bumped a little by what Takemichi knows from the future.

Tenjou Tenge did a better job at telling the story of school rivals from the past with out the time travel, for that they just ditched the main characters, funny.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

152 by callmethebigG »»
May 18, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

177 by callmethebigG »»
May 18, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

251 by dspr »»
May 5, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Do you think this show would be better if it got rid of of some of its shounen tropes?

Elma_fer - Jun 12, 2021

30 by tmunee »»
Apr 28, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.