Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you think ATTACK ON TITAN is the best anime ?
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2021 12:04 AM
Oct 2020
Hrybami said:
Silyy said:

It’s actually pretty easy if you think about best and favorite. Think about you having two pens. The first one look’s nicer so it’s your favorite pen but the pen doesn’t really work well. While the second pen doesn’t look nice in your eyes but it works better that’s why the second pen is the best. The first pen was more your style (favorite) but the second works better(best). Xdd sorry i used weird example.

Yeah I can see that, but what you seem to say is that favourite is associated with a different feature of anime than best. Which just seem really weird because if you want to separate your favourite in different categories then you should use different words instead of using a synonym of the word favourite and speak like they mean different things. Like favourite/best anime for its visual/character/plot/enjoyment/etc. Instead of saying favourite anime means the one I enjoy the most while the best anime has the better plot.

Well in my opinion Naruto is my favorite anime but AoT is the best anime. Like i think AoT has better character development, story and all but i just got myself into Naruto more compared to any other anime, but i still think AoT is the best one. But the main point is Best and Favorite are two different things and for some people favorite might be the best and for some it might not, but they don’t mean the same thing tho. Favorite is more of your opinion while best is more overall. It’s basically impossible to say what is the best anime if you haven’t seen every anime on earth.
Apr 3, 2021 12:08 AM

Dec 2020
yea, but i personally dont think it was the best
Apr 3, 2021 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
Yes @FAISAL_FATHIE It is the best shonen I have ever seen in my opinion idk why people hate this masterpiece that much like do you guys want to see a actual good anime or not think about thatʕ ꈍᴥꈍʔ.
Apr 3, 2021 12:17 AM

Jun 2016
This poll has no "no" option
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 3, 2021 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
No. There is really no "best" anime, but for me, there are still some animes that I like more than AOT...
Apr 3, 2021 12:18 AM

Feb 2021
nope nope nope. while it’s very good it’s not the best.
Apr 3, 2021 12:42 AM
Sep 2020
Draconic137 said:
it's not the best manga but is probably the best anime

No it's the best manga now ,
Apr 3, 2021 12:43 AM
Mar 2021
I don't think it is the best anime, but it's really good.
Apr 3, 2021 12:58 AM

Aug 2020
Personally I think hxh,steins gate, silent voice and clannad after story are just as good they're my top 5 including aot. Objectively speaking I think it's at least a top 10 anime
TyraqApr 3, 2021 1:03 AM
Apr 3, 2021 1:01 AM
Oct 2020
Great pretender is an underated anime
Apr 3, 2021 1:13 AM
Nov 2020
Another useless thread to create controversy and great ninja war
Apr 3, 2021 1:16 AM
Nov 2019
No it's not, ya ahbal.
Apr 3, 2021 1:36 AM

Jan 2013
Where's the "no" answer?
Apr 3, 2021 2:12 AM

Oct 2020
Obviously. Why? No other anime has shirtless Reiner.
Apr 3, 2021 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
Depends upon the final chapter tbh. Unless that chapter is great I will prefer steins gate or fmab or logh as the best.
Apr 3, 2021 2:25 AM

Oct 2020
imbAF said:
By far, compared to anything else. People who say not in my top 5 or top 10, and do not say which are their top, know that they have a trashy top. But AOT is the best anime out there. Factually speaking AOT production is more costly and more high quality then the rest of what it is in the market. Average anime episode is between 3000-3500 frames, while AOT is between 5500-7500 frames. This was said by an animator that was interviewed from Asianboss. Music is ofc subjective, but you rarely see Opera used in animes. Most are jpop and other generic songs/ost. Thematic is insane. It raises question about race, identity, nationality, birth right, indeterminism, determinism, anti natalism, self hate etc etc etc.
This is the definition of elitism lmao

Just because a show has higher frame rates or better music that doesn't already mean its better (that would mean most anime from pre-2000 is garbage). You can't really say it's the best show political-wise either since stuff like LotGH exists
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2021 2:30 AM
Apr 2020
Where the hell is no?
Apr 3, 2021 2:31 AM
Apr 2020
Mack_Yeager said:
Draconic137 said:
it's not the best manga but is probably the best anime

No it's the best manga now ,

The only mangas you read are chainsaw man and attack on titan, how would you know?
Apr 3, 2021 3:20 AM
Jan 2018
Yes.

Considering Objective/ pseudo intellectuals opinions bullshit. No.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Apr 3, 2021 3:24 AM
Jan 2021
It's one of the best unless you have objectively extreme mediocre taste and preferences.
CynicalGuyApr 3, 2021 3:28 AM
Apr 3, 2021 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
yea i don't see how anything else even comes close to it as godly as it
Apr 3, 2021 3:37 AM
Aug 2020
No I don’t. I didn’t like Season 3 Part 1, and there are various pacing and character problems throughout. Still a solid 9/10 anime though.
Apr 3, 2021 3:39 AM
Jan 2020
SpritezUp said:
Nope, I love Attack on Titan but it's definitely not the best anime imo. For me its the Monogatari series. The most important thing for me is the chatscters, and imo monogatari quite possibly has the best written characters in all anime. To top it off, it has a beautiful artstyle and a really unique feel to it.
yess someone who appreciates Monogatari, also ye I agree Monogatari has the best cast in animanga imo maybe vagabond competing with it
Apr 3, 2021 3:44 AM
Feb 2021
honestly it depends on how it ends in 6 days time. personally not my favourite but maybe top 5 but objectively i think it could be, but it’d have to beat cowboy bebop for that.
Apr 3, 2021 3:46 AM
Jun 2015
Theo1899 said:
This poll has no "no" option

Too insecure of people response. That's why there was no "no" option.
Apr 3, 2021 3:50 AM
Apr 2019
FAISAL_FATHIE said:

NO ONE WILL QUOTE THIS BECAUSE FANDOMS WILL GET BUTTHURT SO READY YOUR SEATS AND HERE WE GO!

No, I personally do think it is not the best anime since there are many out there that can be considered better.

I consider:

Gintama (Wisest, dumbest, smartest, funniest, tearjerking comedy anime. I have experienced many emotions watching this and its main strength is not only comedy but its tone shift. Also, it is much more fast paced than One Piece)

One Piece (Equally as good as Gintama but a much more epic scale, more serious, much more dramatic backstory, fights, much more shocking revelations which feels better than Attack On Titan, together with its atmosphere, and plot focus, intensity, tension, if this is not slow paced and the animation is modernized from the start, I think it would be ranking number 1 spot in this site. I have also experienced more rollercoaster of emotions with this one compared to Gintama. Additionally, it has many questions that it raised such as racism, slavery, human trafficking, self-hate, and many more)

Steins;Gate (Dark, depressing, full of foreshadowing, thrilling experience, full of circles, hopelessness of main character. As far as Steins;Gate is one of my favorites, the plot can be equally as good as AoT)

Monster (Perfect Seinen which perfectly captures the dark tones and too thrilling together with the best main antagonist of the story. The slow pacing is not the problem here as the dialogues, dark atmosphere, the antagonist, and plot is going to deliver)

Legend of the Galactic Heroes (This anime is a dialogue heavy, fricking epic, interesting characters, politically focused, classical music, and a much faster pacing compared to Monster.)

Hunter X Hunter (Even if it is a disappointment to me, I would still include it because of how complex the story and the characters are. Also, the character development is goddamn good especially to Gon (Breakdown of emotion), Meruem (Humanity) and Killua (Maturity). I think I can actually say that this anime can be equally as good as Attack On Titan as a whole but with an annoying main character (Gon and Leorio), much less foreshadowing, have a much better tone shift than Attack on Titan, less serious at the beginning, equally as dark or sometimes better in terms of dark atmosphere, both anime are double sided like Marley Arc in Attack on Titan and Chimera Ant Arc in Hunter X Hunter, Chimera Ants have much more development than Titans in AoT, etc.)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Attack on Titan have also similar negative traits such as lack or weak in terms of character attachments (I did not really get attached to the characters as much as I did on One Piece, Gintama, Hunter X Hunter, Monster, Steins;Gate, etc.) and weak to no character developments for the side characters. Some may argue that I mentioned long series the most but how about Monster? Steins;Gate? FMA:B and AoT have a lot of episodes to get attach to the characters but it fails. The only characters to succeed that I got attached to is Falco and Eren.

FMA:B may also have rollercoaster of emotions compared to Attack On Titan but that does not mean it is better than AoT. They feel equal to me and at the same time I am thinking that both are bit of overrated.

But still, I would prefer FMA:B in terms of emotional rollercoaster and AoT in terms of the story, complexity, main character, and foreshadowing.
ChaosPHApr 3, 2021 4:04 AM
Reality is often disappointing.
Apr 3, 2021 3:57 AM

Jan 2019
one of the best, but not the best
one of my favs, but not my fav
Apr 3, 2021 4:02 AM

Apr 2020
not my fav anime but it is one of my favourite.Im really hype for season 2 part 2 :D
:3
Apr 3, 2021 4:10 AM
Aug 2020
FAISAL_FATHIE said:
Definately it is the Best anime and This Anime got 10/10 in two episodes on IMDB and there is not a single anime which got 10/10 so this proves AoT us the No.1 anime
Apr 3, 2021 4:12 AM

Jul 2017
It's really great anime but not the best
For me best anime/favourite anime is Gintama
Apr 3, 2021 4:13 AM

Feb 2021
Who gives a shit? If you enjoy AOT over others, then that's what matters.

Protect the smile!

Apr 3, 2021 4:17 AM
May 2020
HELL NO, but it’s still one of my favorites
Apr 3, 2021 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
Yes it is. Every season is amazing. If FMAB were divided into seasons, its seasons wouldn't get above 9 except last one. If AoT was not divided into seasons it would've had the highest score and highest number of favourites. Most people who have seen this have this as their favourite. So this is the best anime. In polls AoT usually wins over FMAB and defeats all other animes. By best i mean the one which most of the passionate as well as casual anime viewers consider the best. Those who think there are other criterias to judge the best anime think too highly of their opinion.
Apr 3, 2021 4:20 AM

Sep 2014
Silyy said:
Hrybami said:

Yeah I can see that, but what you seem to say is that favourite is associated with a different feature of anime than best. Which just seem really weird because if you want to separate your favourite in different categories then you should use different words instead of using a synonym of the word favourite and speak like they mean different things. Like favourite/best anime for its visual/character/plot/enjoyment/etc. Instead of saying favourite anime means the one I enjoy the most while the best anime has the better plot.

Well in my opinion Naruto is my favorite anime but AoT is the best anime. Like i think AoT has better character development, story and all but i just got myself into Naruto more compared to any other anime, but i still think AoT is the best one. But the main point is Best and Favorite are two different things and for some people favorite might be the best and for some it might not, but they don’t mean the same thing tho. Favorite is more of your opinion while best is more overall. It’s basically impossible to say what is the best anime if you haven’t seen every anime on earth.

Sorry for misunderstanding, but saying that one anime is the best, shouldn't that count as an opinion as well? I mean, if you're not even basing your own standard to evaluate the best anime, then it would be the best anime of what exactly? This is still completely subjective. It's just that favourite would be according to your taste while the best would be according to another completely arbitrary standard. What's the point?
Apr 3, 2021 4:36 AM
Oct 2020
Hrybami said:
Silyy said:

Sorry for misunderstanding, but saying that one anime is the best, shouldn't that count as an opinion as well? I mean, if you're not even basing your own standard to evaluate the best anime, then it would be the best anime of what exactly? This is still completely subjective. It's just that favourite would be according to your taste while the best would be according to another completely arbitrary standard. What's the point?

Of course best is an opinion too created by many people but it isn’t the same as favorite. It also depends how you are looking at it.
Apr 3, 2021 4:38 AM

Sep 2014
Silyy said:
Hrybami said:

Of course best is an opinion too created by many people but it isn’t the same as favorite. It also depends how you are looking at it.

Care to elaborate? Who are these people and how can someone alone decide what is the best if it's according to a group of more people?
Apr 3, 2021 4:53 AM

Nov 2020
I would give the title of best anime to either Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter or Steins;Gate
Feb 2020
TBH,AOT IS MOST SUCESSFULL SERIES BUT OUR Experience with the show only got some what ruined cuz of fandom. IT HAS some STRONG POINTS

BUT THE AOT TARDS MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THERE NO WEAK POINTS OR HOLES IN THE ANIME
WHICH GIVES FALSE EXPECTATIONS.

ALL I WANT TO SAY IS AOT IS BEST BUT ITS TOXIC FANDOM IS ITS HINDERENCE

Jun 2020
I don't know about the best.
but From the 100s anime i have seen it's the best one.
Apr 3, 2021 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
Greatcentuar said:
not my fav anime but it is one of my favourite.Im really hype for season 2 part 2 :D

Seasons 2 part 2 doesn't exist , give up on your dreams and die.
Apr 3, 2021 5:09 AM
Sep 2020
Why is there not a "no" option?
Objectively my taste is utter garbage but of everything I've watched and liked, SNK isn't even close to the best, not to say it's bad tho.
poot3445Apr 8, 2021 1:37 AM
Apr 3, 2021 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
Its kind of fallen off for me, still top 20 but there are a lot of anime I think are better now
Apr 3, 2021 5:25 AM

Sep 2020
May be the second best since mha is the one and only greatest anime

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
Apr 3, 2021 5:28 AM

Jan 2018
No, it's a average series with a few good arcs.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Apr 3, 2021 5:29 AM
Jan 2021
sonicflash703 said:
imbAF said:
By far, compared to anything else. People who say not in my top 5 or top 10, and do not say which are their top, know that they have a trashy top. But AOT is the best anime out there. Factually speaking AOT production is more costly and more high quality then the rest of what it is in the market. Average anime episode is between 3000-3500 frames, while AOT is between 5500-7500 frames. This was said by an animator that was interviewed from Asianboss. Music is ofc subjective, but you rarely see Opera used in animes. Most are jpop and other generic songs/ost. Thematic is insane. It raises question about race, identity, nationality, birth right, indeterminism, determinism, anti natalism, self hate etc etc etc.

Just because a show has higher frame rates or better music that doesn't already mean its better (that would mean most anime from pre-2000 is garbage). You can't really say it's the best show political-wise either since stuff like LotGH exists

Well first of all AOT being the best =/= the rest is garbage.
Second things such animation, story, character development, choreography, message, OST, Voice acting is what makes an anime an anime. And maybe there are shows which surpass aot in one particular aspects or no. But if you take all into account then AOT is by far the best of right now. Can't talk about the future.

P.s : Bleach is my all time favorite anime, why? Grew up with it and nostalgia and OST and characters. But I would be a liar if i wouldn't say that AOT is by far the best
Apr 3, 2021 5:34 AM
Nov 2018
Best anime/manga for me
Apr 3, 2021 5:43 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
No, not even close, it's only good by mainstream normie anime standards and even then it's still beaten by Haikyuu and Death Note and probably some others aswell.
Apr 3, 2021 5:49 AM
Jan 2021
U can't say it's no 1 but it is one of the amazing anime made In anime universe
Apr 3, 2021 5:54 AM

Feb 2021
Def no, oh hell no it isnt even top 40 for me and were is the no option??
“The only thing humans are equal in is death.”
― Johan Liebert
Apr 3, 2021 5:54 AM

Oct 2020
imbAF said:
sonicflash703 said:

Well first of all AOT being the best =/= the rest is garbage.
Second things such animation, story, character development, choreography, message, OST, Voice acting is what makes an anime an anime. And maybe there are shows which surpass aot in one particular aspects or no. But if you take all into account then AOT is by far the best of right now. Can't talk about the future.

P.s : Bleach is my all time favorite anime, why? Grew up with it and nostalgia and OST and characters. But I would be a liar if i wouldn't say that AOT is by far the best
Again, there’s no such thing as the best. There are tons of shows that have good animation, story, character development, choreography, message, OST, AND voice acting. I could easily argue that Monogatari Second Season, Gintama, or Aria the Origination does those to the same level (if not more) than AoT. It’s really just down to preference.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 14, 2021

508 by therealnagora »»
Jun 5, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by therealnagora »»
Jun 1, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

693 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

818 by SaimonIdk »»
May 21, 9:50 AM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.