Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 12, 2022 1:35 AM
Jun 2022
HOOfan_1 said:
MayInu said:
Such a waste of time. I wanted her to stay with Ougai. Poor guy got his second heartbrake. They did see her again in the future, but as ghosts since their souls kinda stayed in their art (ougai's books/shunsou's paiting), but that's not enough for me. I didn't expect much from an otome and even less from this one since it had a very childish feel to it, but boy that ending was disappointing.

The problem with the ending is they gave no compelling reason for her to return to her time. Making friends with those girls, was that more important than staying with Ougai? Maybe if they at least gave some hints of family she would miss if she stayed in the past it would have made sense why she returned.

THE POINT IS NOT ABOUT CHOOSING MAKING FRIEND OVER LOVE BUT CHOOSING HONESTY (facing her era head-on) MORE THAN CHOOSING LOVE.
Aug 12, 2022 1:36 AM
Jun 2022
I RESPECT HER DECISION, ALTHOUGH I'M THE TYPE TO CHOOSE LOVE & EASY LIFE.
Mar 15, 2023 7:11 AM
Mar 2023
it was pretty sad to me ngl
Mar 26, 2023 8:59 PM

May 2013
I was hovering between 6 and 7, but overall went with 6/10

I liked how this reverse harem had a clear route; not many series do that for this genre so it was refreshing to see. Shipped her with Ougai > Shunzou > Otojirou > Fujita

Although I must say, Fujita route was a little weak lol. He didn't really show any signs of warming up to Mei cuz all she did was cockblock his slashing LOLOL. So his route was a little out of the blue for me. But I understand this series might have been too short to work out some specifics. Shunzou went hard in on the second male lead syndrome TT____TT He was actually the 3rd to join my ship list (Otojirou beat him), but the focus on him went so hard in the latter part of the series that he really grew on me. I just didn't like how his blurred eyesight issue didn't resolve. Initially, I thought his Tamayori eyesight was awakening so that he could see and find the black cat himself, but that wasn't the case. Then I was expecting him to get glasses after that, but he suddenly got okay eyesight again without visiting the doctor for surgery???? NANI?! LOL xD

Still an enjoyable watch anyways. I'm glad to see Mei mature throughout the anime bc a lot of reverse harems tend to have weaklings or bimbos as the FL lmaaoooo. I wish she chose to stay tho or at least find a way back eventually orrrr show us the bois in ghost form interacting with her in modern day Tokyo. That would've made me happier with the series. I didn't make the connection that the fox charm was Charlie until the v end tho XD That was a really nice touch C: The least they did was give us a kiss outta this, so there's that semi redeeming factor hahah. Once again, 6/10. 

The 2 movies are on YouTube, but the auto translate is so bad, idk if I should watch them or not. But yeh, those are the only available options to watch those movies atm so maybe I will ._.
Jun 22, 2023 6:54 PM

Apr 2020
I really feel bad for Otogai, man his love always end up being miserable then Elise and now Mei. He deserves better. Expected ending but they could've made it better

Aug 29, 2023 3:24 AM

Mar 2010
Aw, turned in to a bad looking end... There is no way she goes back in time in the otome game right? :/ Hope the movies give us a better ending.
StardewAug 29, 2023 3:58 AM
Sep 13, 2023 10:40 AM
Sep 2014
Reply to Stardew
Aw, turned in to a bad looking end... There is no way she goes back in time in the otome game right? :/ Hope the movies give us a better ending.
@Stardew

In the otome game, Mei goes through two routes with each of the LIs (lead interest) either to remain in Meiji or return to modern Tokyo.
Nov 11, 2023 7:59 PM

Feb 2015
I guess I understand what the ending was trying to do but it was done so badly that it actually just made me mad and her leaving makes her seem like a really badly written character. Based on everything we knew about her there was no good reason for her to go back, not at least good enough reason to leave the love of her life and all these people she cares about so strongly. We could've gotten the "she learns to open up and love herself and gain confidence" even without her going back in her time.

Also the way she didn't even bother to talk about her decision with Ougai-san until right before and even then she didn't really explain anything. She knew he's had his heart very badly broken before and now she just goes and does this to him?? Without even talking to him. And right till the end she kept on telling Ougai-san that she was going to stay with him forever... so she just broke all those promises and maybe even lied at the end, cause there's no way she didn't know the day before (or if she didn't then going back seems like a spur of the moment decision which also makes her look awful). I quite liked her character but this ending just ruins it for me.

If you want to make her go back then at least do it better and in a way that shows why she is doing it better. It would be more understandable if there was family or friends that she was missing, or if she had absolutely anything going on in the present time. Her self discovery and learning who she is has nothing to do with her time, and I just find it hard to believe she would leave Ougai-san and the rest.

Overall I enjoyed watching this but this ending is really bad and unsatisfying. Time to go and find the actual good endings of the visual novel somewhere on the internet to get an actually satisfying ending for this story. Now I just feel so bad for Ougai-san, as the way Mei was written it makes it seems like in the end she didn't really care about him all that much. :/
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

10 by Stardew »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

11 by Stardew »»
Aug 23, 2023 12:40 PM

Poll: » Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

6 by Stardew »»
Jul 4, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2019

13 by Stardew »»
Jul 4, 2023 8:07 AM

Poll: » Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2019

12 by Stardew »»
Jul 2, 2023 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.