Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 13, 2019 3:16 PM

Nov 2007
Fionavar said:
shanimebib said:

I have this strange feeling that we might get an S4. I still remember back in the days when MADHOUSE said Chihayafuru is a special anime and it is something they love working on. ^_^

Honestly unless this season does pretty well I doubt we gonna get a 4th season.. call me pessimistic but I waited 4 years for season 3 and im honestly just expecting that if we get a 4th season at all we gonna wait at least another 6 years :l

Nah. The manga is ending soon. So, we either get a 4th now or never. The best would be if a fourth is announced and then a fifth coincides with the manga ending or around it. But we will definitely need a fifth to cover all the contents.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 20, 2020 11:55 PM

Oct 2012
Update: They seem to be accelerating things just a tiny bit-- so maybe they will end at 140, which WOULD MAKE A LOT OF SENSE.
Feb 9, 2020 1:34 AM

Feb 2011
^ Yup, I did saw a screenshot based on ch 140: ( the Arata picture from the second row in the far left side)

So yes most likely the season will end at

@shanimebib Let's hope for a fourth season and a fifth season so we can see Chihayafuru full story being animated: especially now we know the manga is getting closer to its conclusion. After seeing Chihayafuru having a continuation six years later which is a wonderful miracle, seeing the whole story being animated is still possible: what the director couldn't do with NANA, let's hope Chihayafuru will accomplish this goal seeing its full adaptation, LET'S REALLY HOPE IT COMES TRUE!!!! XD
sweetangieFeb 9, 2020 2:12 AM
Feb 9, 2020 7:38 AM

Apr 2010
Really hope they adapt it all. Now that we will be 3/5 done would be a shame to stop.
Feb 9, 2020 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
@sweetangie: I already predicted it 2 months back that the anime will at least reach chapter 141. I guess I was kinda right. But I would think they would at least go up to chapter 143 which connects all three of them.

After all the dark things that happens, I think the anime adaptation would want to end the season in a bit of a brighter note. Chapter 143 happens to be the final chapter of a tankoubon as well.

Coronavirus.
Feb 11, 2020 2:37 PM

Oct 2012
shanimebib said:
@sweetangie: I already predicted it 2 months back that the anime will at least reach chapter 141. I guess I was kinda right. But I would think they would at least go up to chapter 143 which connects all three of them.

After all the dark things that happens, I think the anime adaptation would want to end the season in a bit of a brighter note. Chapter 143 happens to be the final chapter of a tankoubon as well.

They've been adapting 2 and a half chapters here and there instead of the usual two, so it's possible that they are rushing things a tiny bit because they want to end it on a brigther note like you said. I guess I like that, we'd get to see what Taichi is up to, Arata's message and Chihaya's resolve. The masochist side of me also wants it to end in a cliffhanger, though xD
Feb 11, 2020 3:16 PM

Nov 2007
MaahHeim said:
shanimebib said:

They've been adapting 2 and a half chapters here and there instead of the usual two, so it's possible that they are rushing things a tiny bit because they want to end it on a brigther note like you said. I guess I like that, we'd get to see what Taichi is up to, Arata's message and Chihaya's resolve. The masochist side of me also wants it to end in a cliffhanger, though xD

I have noticed the change in pace as well. The covered 45ish chapters in each of the first two season but they are intending to cover 10 extra in this one! Could have used the recap episode to spread it out a bit more.

I think ending it in the darkest Chihayafuru ever reached would be very unnatural. So, they just have to reach that point since the pacing suggest they will reach 140ish anyways!

And it's kind of evil of you to want it end in a cliffhanger! :P
Coronavirus.
Feb 11, 2020 6:39 PM
Mar 2015
We still have 10 chapters left from Chapter 129--138 and 6 episodes left Chapter 138 is a natural ending point and should receive a full episode Suetsugu admitted that she had a writers block which stopped her from writing Chapter 139 for a while
Feb 11, 2020 7:01 PM
Apr 2018
Yea they probably wont end on a cliffhanger similar to how they did with the previous seasons. They will probably end at around 140 where the characters will start moving on towards their journey , new members, new fresh story route etc, a new chapter to look forward to for next season.
And i hope they announce the new season soon because i wont be able to wait for another 6 years xD
Feb 13, 2020 5:38 AM

Oct 2012
landofthekwt said:
We still have 10 chapters left from Chapter 129--138 and 6 episodes left Chapter 138 is a natural ending point and should receive a full episode Suetsugu admitted that she had a writers block which stopped her from writing Chapter 139 for a while

Lol you bet she had a writer's block, ROFL.....we were all in shock.
Feb 14, 2020 11:26 PM

Feb 2011
shanimebib said:

The chapter based on ch 143 would be a nice place to end the season: a light of hope for our main heroes ( the same light representing a NEW SEASON announcement coming up, now that will be a brilliant idea): I'm so dying seeing those chapters being animated as well: the more the merrier) while most fans think is going to end around in ch 138-139 based on how each episode takes place in two chapters from the manga but now it's not the case, the collage from my previous post is proof: plus even I noticed latest episodes are adding more sequence of the chapters than before ( it went from 2 chapters to 2.5 chapters per episode) there's no mistake ch 140 will be animated: so yes is possible for the season will conclude based on ch 143 ( ending the season covering the entire vol 27 of the manga).

My only concern is that I hope the director doesn't rush the pace of the remain episodes left by trying to squeeze in a lot of information in one episode or even cutting parts of the story to make it short: like what happened in the first season, cutting off some Arata scenes that couldn't make it in the anime, I don't want that...please no. As long as the episode is kept at the same pace as the previous episodes than "go for it".
sweetangieFeb 14, 2020 11:54 PM
Feb 15, 2020 1:49 AM
Apr 2018
sweetangie said:
shanimebib said:

Exactt
The chapter based on ch 143 would be a nice place to end the season: a light of hope for our main heroes ( the same light representing a NEW SEASON announcement coming up, now that will be a brilliant idea): I'm so dying seeing those chapters being animated as well: the more the merrier) while most fans think is going to end around in ch 138-139 based on how each episode takes place in two chapters from the manga but now it's not the case, the collage from my previous post is proof: plus even I noticed latest episodes are adding more sequence of the chapters than before ( it went from 2 chapters to 2.5 chapters per episode) there's no mistake ch 140 will be animated: so yes is possible for the season will conclude based on ch 143 ( ending the season covering the entire vol 27 of the manga).

My only concern is that I hope the director doesn't rush the pace of the remain episodes left by trying to squeeze in a lot of information in one episode or even cutting parts of the story to make it short: like what happened in the first season, cutting off some Arata scenes that couldn't make it in the anime, I don't want that...please no. As long as the episode is kept at the same pace as the previous episodes than "go for it".

Exactly that would be the perfect place to leave of the series, future prospects for the story and characters, making the viewers anticipating for a new season. Also kind of positive on the fact that they wont rush anything and cut out stuff because madhouse have been doing almost a flawless job with the adaptation so far.

Also on a side note didnt see your post in the 18th episode discussion. xD
Feb 15, 2020 3:51 AM

Feb 2011
Kipo0007 said:

Exactly that would be the perfect place to leave of the series, future prospects for the story and characters, making the viewers anticipating for a new season. Also kind of positive on the fact that they wont rush anything and cut out stuff because madhouse have been doing almost a flawless job with the adaptation so far.

Also on a side note didnt see your post in the 18th episode discussion. xD

Yes, I have faith in the director and the staff who always put their hearts and soul of making Chihyafuru project a full success and hoping for new Chihayafuru project adaptation coming up after the last episode of the season ( let's cross our fingers for more: one of my wishes of the new years, please make it happen). Yes, I posted a discussion form the latest, happy to see you're looking forward it. ;)
Feb 15, 2020 4:48 PM

Aug 2015
It has to end in chapter 138. It's by far the biggest cliffhanger in the whole manga.
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Feb 15, 2020 11:02 PM
Apr 2018
Akapilka said:
It has to end in chapter 138. It's by far the biggest cliffhanger in the whole manga.

Nope its the worst place to end the anime and in the previous seasons they never left on a cliffhanger, but after a major event with the characters and story beginning to look forward to new stuff.
Feb 19, 2020 7:56 PM
Mar 2015
8 chapters through Chapter 138 with 5 episodes
Mar 10, 2020 3:06 PM

Dec 2015
Next episode will adapt chapters 137 and 138, so I'm guessing the final episode will adapt 139-140.
Mar 17, 2020 1:35 PM
Mar 2015
it appears that it will end with chihaaya quitting the club in 140
Mar 18, 2020 8:19 AM

Oct 2012
January 28. Me half-joking on twitter: "What if the title of the last episode of Chihayafuru 3 is 'Kaze wo Itami'". HAHAHHA JUST KIDDING... ((Unless...))

So just now the episode name was confirmed to be "Kaze wo itami" and a few screencaps were shared also: https://twitter.com/chihaya_anime/status/1240110677307449344

God, I'm so sad. Huge cliffhanger ending for this season. Since I could guess more or less where they would end it I thought I was ready for it, but chapter 137-138 already killed me. 139-140 will be my burial. I'm expecting a lot of crazy reactions from anime-only fans.
Mar 18, 2020 2:47 PM

Oct 2012
1Kyo said:
MaahHeim said:
January 28. Me half-joking on twitter: "What if the title of the last episode of Chihayafuru 3 is 'Kaze wo Itami'". HAHAHHA JUST KIDDING... ((Unless...))

So just now the episode name was confirmed to be "Kaze wo itami" and a few screencaps were shared also: https://twitter.com/chihaya_anime/status/1240110677307449344

God, I'm so sad. Huge cliffhanger ending for this season. Since I could guess more or less where they would end it I thought I was ready for it, but chapter 137-138 already killed me. 139-140 will be my burial. I'm expecting a lot of crazy reactions from anime-only fans.

But there's no way they can end such a bright, light-hearted and inspiring story with such a dark and depressing cliffhanger. I feel like there's a good chance season 4 is going to happen precisely because of the ending for this season, and since the manga is ending soon, it would be a shame not to create a season 5 to finish the story off.

Chihayafuru might actually receive a full anime adaption, which would be amazing.

I'm counting on it
Mar 18, 2020 4:13 PM

Nov 2007
@landofthekwt: Control your spoiler.

@MaahHeim: the numbers are not looking good. So, I am not sure at the moment. Hopefully, the anime will give the manga enough boost to warrant sequels. But I also remember there was a time when Madhouse team said in the past that they love Chihayafuru and it's the love for the story that motivates them as animators.

I am surprised that they are actually ending the anime in such a dark tone. It's not new so it scares me. Reminds me of Megami-hen. It was so painful to see where it ended but we never got to see any sequels and had to go back to the inks and toners.
Coronavirus.
Mar 24, 2020 1:39 PM

Oct 2012
Oh god, @shanimebib you were right, but *at what cost*. Last episode felt extremely rushed for me... Going all the way till chapter 143? Ouch, ouch, ouch. If we have a 4th season (we shall have it! ;_;) I hope they include the scenes that were left out... If they had at least included the Chihaya leaving the club scene and left the Tamaru & first years problems/Taichi and Suo interaction (where they talk about how Taichi disliked karuta all this time) for a next season, I'd accept it better, but CUTTING THE SCENE AND JUST SAYING THAT SHE LEFT THE CLUB WAS--- T_T Well, they were dealing with time and as you said, they wanted to end it on a bright note... But really, at what cost...
Mar 24, 2020 2:17 PM

Aug 2015
The butchered the manga in this last episode.
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Mar 24, 2020 4:34 PM

Nov 2007
@MaahHeim: @sweetangie already shared it in episode 23 discussion thread that the anime will go up to chapter 143 so I was quite surprised given the content they had to cover. I always said they could have done without that redundant recap episode (I say redundant, but that actually helps animators).

Anyways, I think it makes sense and I will hope that they cover the contents skipped in the final episode sometime in the future (let's hope near future)! :)

Overall, without having seen the final episode, I am content with what I have got. I am not gonna complain. Just the fact that they gave me a third season is more than enough for me.
Coronavirus.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2019

78 by fathandz »»
Jun 1, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2019

46 by fathandz »»
May 31, 9:35 AM

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

22 by mythical_k »»
May 27, 1:36 PM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.