Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2021 2:02 AM

Feb 2020
What a weird episode, but mostly in a good way.

SerafosNov 9, 2023 10:29 PM
May 18, 2021 1:12 PM
Sep 2020
ah yes... this hits right in the dopamine
Aug 15, 2021 7:05 PM
Jul 2018
how wonderful, this was pretty fun xD
Nov 13, 2021 10:16 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
About the dub, I've heard a lot of dubs and can learn to accept slightly mismatched voice-to-character issues but WHY did Sentai Filmworks pick Shannon to voice Misaki?! That boy-ish voice doesn't match the character, nor can it be justified when looking at the Japanese dub, since even that version has a girl voice. A tomboy voice might've been tolerable, but THIS ONE?! I haven't heard a dub character match this off since every hentai dub before 2010.

Also, this episode was awful.
LoliconNov 14, 2021 4:14 AM
Mar 6, 2022 5:10 AM

Mar 2019
As someone who has only watched the anime, this episode was so completely random. The first season was a nice build up of the band and their friendship... Roselia music this season has been great, but then this episode just felt like a completely different show with an Iron Man bear suite lol.
Jun 8, 2022 5:15 PM
Sep 2020
SailorMao said:
Meh.. i'm the only who don't like this episode?

I love HHW, i really love Kokoro-chan but.. it's all surreal and stupid for me. I like most a simple episode like Roselia's Concert or all the episode from Season 1. I hope the next episodes are more seriously than this ><

I’m with you. I’m watching this series for the first time (never played any of the games) and I spent the entire episode hoping it was gonna turn out to be a dream sequence because there was so much unexplainable nonsense going on. The first 3 episodes of this season were REALLY good, more realistic, and way more focused on their local music scene.
Jun 8, 2022 5:17 PM
Sep 2020
Rahzek said:
SailorMaoNya said:
Meh.. i'm the only who don't like this episode?

I love HHW, i really love Kokoro-chan but.. it's all surreal and stupid for me. I like most a simple episode like Roselia's Concert or all the episode from Season 1. I hope the next episodes are more seriously than this ><

I honestly logged on after seeing episode 4 of BanG Dream! S2 hoping there would be more people as devastated as I was at how absolutely terrible it was...but was shocked to find no one else outraged but that they actually enjoyed it. It was like they scrapped the realism of the entire series; I was already upset when Kokoro jumped out of that 3rd story window, and even a bit more angry when Kaoru's castle walls crumbled strategically after she was done using them...but when I had to sit there for 12 minutes hoping they were in the middle of a dream that Kasumi was having when the S.S. Smile bullshit came in I was just left with this unanswered question or whether or not that was really a dream or if they were actively trying to ruin the series. I guess they felt the need to make me care a little bit less about those newly introduced characters from their mobile game and ultimately the series direction...everyone else seems to be a bit lost here.

You summed up my feelings exactly. I hoped so bad it was a character’s dream sequence
Jul 21, 2022 4:37 AM

Oct 2021
Can’t say I liked this. Looking through the replies on this thread, my guess is that people who’ve played the game loved this episode. But many anime-only viewers didn’t enjoy it as much. I personally had no clue what was going on throughout this entire episode. None of it made sense. All realism was gone. I still have no idea who these people in this new group are, so it’s hard to feel anything towards them. I’m guessing S2 really assumes you’ve played the game.
Jan 15, 2023 3:36 AM
Apr 2022
LOL what did I just watch???
Came here to check community sentiment.

So HHW would be the most airheaded group, cheerful and manicky. Of course there is always one, but theres Michelle to dampen things out.
Feb 22, 2023 9:33 PM
Apr 2020
To think that was the udon girl and the bookworm from Million Live. They're exactly the opposite here. Kaoru is basically the insanely dramatic in contrast to Shizuka stoic demeanor while Kokoro is overly eneergetic to Yuriko shy and withdrawn personality.  
Oct 29, 2023 8:31 AM
Oct 2023
Kokoro is so incredibly gorgeous! Probably the most gorgeous girl in the BanG Dream series! She makes Hello Happy World's silly songs worth it!
Oct 29, 2023 8:59 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to ShyGuyDY
So this is a rough estimate of my thoughts during this episode:

- Oh no, Kokoro's here, this is going to be a bad time
- Kokoro's an autistic afflunza kid who says something silly and random, then the Rin knockoff says something silly and random, then Kaoru says fleeting, then Kanon looks flustered, then Misaki has clinical depression. Yeah, she pretty much summed up Hello Happy World in one sentence, although I may be paraphrasing
- Oh wait, never mind, Kaoru's dead, she clearly didn't survive that fake castle falling down
- That Hummer limousine is surprisingly long
- THAT IS A HUGE FUCKING BOAT! What does Kokoro's family actually do to get all this money?!
- Okay so that costume/song wasn't just a one-off gimmick, it seems Kaoru is an actual phantom theif with actual stand powers
- This blackout on a cruise ship with HHW chasing me around and one of my friends being kidnapped by a creep? Yeah, I wanna get off this boat please.
- Kaoru, stop saying "it all makes sense to me now", you're not a shounen protagonist!
- Wait, Michelle. Don't tell Kokoro she's not wearing a parachute, let her fall to her death. That's what I would have done
- So Michelle has Iron Man tech now, all she has to do is input the KONAMI CODE to get it to work?!
- Kokoro, you're a stupid bitch and I hate you
- Poppin' Party is OKAY WITH ALL OF THIS?! They just got chased through a nightmare cruise and almost saw two of their friends die! THEY ARE SMILING AND LAUGHING!
- "There's nobody like Kokoro", yeah thank God there's not more of them
- So is Kanon the only one who knows Misaki is Michelle. The others can't seem to put two and two together? How stupid are they?!
- Oh wait, Kaoru died again

So it seems after Season 1 all logic just got thrown out the door, did it? Makes you wonder if this is what Bushiroad was planning from the beginning.

I would appreciate the CG if the frame rate wasn't so fucking slow. You know your show has problems when the supporting characters look better than the main ones do
@ShyGuyDY So this is a rough estimate of your thoughts during this episode:

-Whine
-B*tch
-Moan
-Whine
-B*tch
-Moan
-Cry
-Complain
-Wail
-Bawl

You really spend your time well, don't you?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

52 by Strahan »»
Apr 4, 1:09 PM

» Why Rosalia band members are famous

bezardo - Dec 8, 2023

7 by ichihito »»
Dec 17, 2023 2:02 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

42 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

20 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2019

114 by thehornedrat »»
Jun 1, 2023 10:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.