Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 4, 2020 6:02 PM

Nov 2010
I wish the fight was a bit longer, but I guess in this kind of anime cool fight scenes are just a bonus. Overall it was a decent watch. 7/10
Dec 2, 2020 3:11 AM

Dec 2012
Issei is a Queen.
Issei said the words.
Issei vs Sairaorg.
His hahaue?
Sairaorg has achieved... Mind Zero.
Promoting Issei to mid-ranking devil?
LMAO at that girl calling Issei a hentai and saying they are going to be raped.
Issei said the words.
Rias said the words back.
lol at Rossweisse.
Dat kiss.
Dat ending.
Misla woke up.
Sakra.
Chichi Dragon was the best. lol
He will destroy Issei's soul?

And that was the end. It was good. I prefer the final battle in DxD vs Riser and New vs Vali to be better. Obviously, BorN is not included. With this confession, Issei is now on the path to becoming the Harem King. One thing i would like is the Oppai Dragon song to have a battle version. Playing the original version during a battle kills the tension. With that said...

I will miss Kunou. She has the potential to be a future waifu and I hope she returns in the future. I hope to see Le Fay again. She is a waifu. Her design is perfect and I hope to see her again soon. Now... Asia oppai. Had my attention throughout the whole season. My #1 DxD waifu Akeno was perfect as always. Can't wait to see her again.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 11, 2020 2:32 AM
Apr 2016
To think this show would ever get a "conclusion".. incredible. Fanservice-wise — or in other words, the only reason anyone watches this show — it was decent, not sure whether the previous seasons were better or worse at it because I watched all of them in 2015..
Mar 11, 2021 3:47 AM
Sep 2020
That a nice battle lol
Apr 24, 2021 9:24 AM

Apr 2020
if you look closely they just made every character so weak
look at each character
1.kiba
he have HOLY DEMONIC sword ,so wasn't it supposed to be stronger than single holy or demonic swords
even in 2nd season when kiba destroyed 4 Excalibur combined sword pretty easily
but here in fight with hero faction he was defeated so easily against demonic swords
where he supposed to win easily since it have combined power of holy demonic swords .
2.xenovia
she was so op when she was in church and at that time she didnt even had durandal but
now even with her modified durandal she was not able to defeat demonic swords user even with the help of kiba
they made both kiba and xenovia so weak.
3. akeno
well she didnt even get enough screen time
Apr 25, 2021 7:22 AM
Jan 2017
Another really great show I loved the new fox characters. isseai growing as a person and fiiinally confessing to Rias was awesome and all. and I'm ecited to see what the net season will hold ^^
Jun 23, 2021 7:53 AM

May 2020
Alright finally Issei confessed Rias. GG Gaming not bad story and new art, not bad animation
Jun 24, 2021 4:41 PM
Feb 2021
I loved the confession scene, I was waiting for it so long and we are finally here.
I can't wait for the next season which should happen definitely.
Aug 1, 2021 2:01 AM
Aug 2019
Despite that I officially gave up on this anime after episode 9. I gave this a final chance.... No doubt, that this was the WORST season I have ever seen!

I don't want to go into detail and explain them in order because this anime still pissed me off.

Verdict: High School DxD: Hero is the WORST anime of 2018! A total piece of garbage! I cannot stand it! TOTAL DISASTER!!

High School DxD: Hero gets an "F" and a final rating of: 2/10.

JurassicOtaku212Oct 26, 2022 5:57 AM
Nov 17, 2021 9:52 PM

Sep 2018
I had no qualms with the animation, it was the messy story progression that I didn't like too much. Most of the Gremary family had next to no involvement in this season, Issei was an annoying dense clown until finally the final episode, the rating game sucked, etc. 5/10.
Jan 28, 2022 6:18 PM

Jun 2020
r they rly making szn5
Aug 13, 2022 9:45 PM
May 2022
10/10 *besides my personal points, I recommend the show to anyone who just wants to laugh at a guy who obsesses over girls and boobs. I didn't expect top tier from an anime with a main character who loves boobs like it's his dying wish to be surrounded by boobs.

--------
- Season 4 introduced some characters I hadn't seen [like new villians] which put me a little off, as well as the school president whom Rias knows well as the other original demon house seems to not appear and I really liked what the blonde sword guy [i forgot his name] and the school president's right-hand woman would have between each other.

- Rias seems more... low-key just babyish? In season 1 she was super assertive and liked Issei and this was shown throughout season 2 and 3 but season 4 she's just been laying low, practically frolicking after Issei like a chicken [like most of the cult LOL]. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating the show because I'd recommend it, but it's just weird to see Rias not as assertive... at all. She's literally acting like a tsundere without addressing the problems to Issei or creating a little more drama, she kinda just walks away from everything....

- The art style is okay, even though it was a weird change considering the original season 1, 2 and 3 art style that just changed into a forced eyes anime art style all of a sudden but it doesn't bother you till like 4 episodes in. I'm assuming company who made it changed some artists but I wouldn't know, I just watch anime.

- I got introduced into the series from seeing a nine-tale mother fox being saved by Issei while Akeno, Rias and Koneko were somewhere else (the strongest characters just laying back), to then some ALMOST sex scene between Rias and Issei to him being a dumbass and not seeing she loves him and she got offended by getting called president again to everything being on edge all the time as if he's walking on egg shells... It's weird mainly cause so much happened and I don't know if I missed anything or I saw the wrong episodes in order but till I finished I got confused, a lot. I had no idea what was happening.

- The last, and most dramatic part yet: the amount of boobs. No, it's not that there isn't A LOT, actually there's too much. I was watching an episode and all of a sudden the angel childhood friend is trapped in a closet with Issei while Asia fainted after kissing Issei with Xenophia still being fucking weird wanting to have a child with Issei, what the hell??? Then when Akeno and Koneko heal him *(i understand Akeno from previous seasons but Koneko???!?!?) then all of a sudden Asia joins in, then Xenophia, then the angel girl-- just, I SAW LIKE 12 BOOBIES!!! It was too much. Especially after having seen so much boobs from the last season and the whole series being related to boobies... yeah.

still would recommend this 10/10
Oct 7, 2022 3:25 PM
Dec 2018
Ii love this anime so much omg <3
Oct 24, 2022 10:10 AM
Aug 2019
Despite that I officially gave up on this anime after episode 9. I gave this a final chance.... No doubt, that this was the WORST season I have ever seen!

I don't want to go into detail and explain them in order because this anime still pissed me off.

Verdict: High School DxD: Hero is the WORST anime of 2018! A total piece of garbage! I cannot stand it! TOTAL DISASTER!!

High School DxD: Hero gets an "F" and a final rating of: 2/10.

Nov 3, 2022 11:07 AM

Jun 2012
The 3rd season was a bust, but this one was simply great, finally he said the magic words that we all wanted to hear, gj Oppai Dragon!!
To bad another season won't come, at least in the near future :( .
Mar 8, 2023 2:57 AM
Sep 2018
ExperienceLD said:
I loved that Episode! Issei finally won against his trauma and got closer to Rias. Also there was the last part of the tournament arc, which always are my favorite arcs :D great Episode!

Any news on season 5 ?
May 16, 2023 2:53 PM
Nov 2017
I really wanted this to be an anime that completed the full source material bc I chose not to read ahead to much but nope. They came out with horrible new art and the backlash ruined that chance
Jul 3, 2023 3:38 PM
Jun 2022
This was a bad season, too bad I already had seen the first 3 and OVAs and specials otherwise would have no cared at all.
A gag-comedy without comedy or plot is not entertaining for me.
Jul 30, 2023 7:05 PM

Jul 2017
The weakest season of the series, but it did show some good points like the first clash between Issei and Sairaorg in the beggining and this final episode where both give their all. It was a surprise seeing Sairaorg getting up after hearing his mother, reminds me of Saint Seiya where the fighter refuses to give up until his entire body stops moving, which I've always liked a lot.

That was a good conclusion to the season with Issei and Rias finally confessing and properly kissing. Plus, the premise of another big battle incoming and Sairaorg's mother recovered at last.
Too bad we still don't have a sign of a 5th season by the time I'm posting this. I know I just said this was a good conclusion, but without the next season it feels... incomplete :/
Aug 17, 2023 4:52 PM
Aug 2023
esta bueno como siempre dice mujeres y putazos es lo mejor
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

Dec 2022
Better than the last two seasons, definitely. The first arc in Kyoto was a departure from the usual setting, with different mythology and an enjoyable new set of characters. The second arc wasn't as good due to the main girl's usual obnoxious behaviour, but the Rating Game fights alleviated some of that mediocrity.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 21, 2023 4:44 PM

Apr 2014
Safe to say this series is over. By now there should've been an OVA or two. Personally, I was okay with the studio change by I guess it didn't sell well enough.
Nov 11, 2023 6:05 PM
Nov 2023
Definity my favorite anima of all time
Jan 1, 3:52 PM
Jan 2024
Great, recently finished this.
Mar 8, 1:55 PM
Feb 2023
Im sorry for liking it so much but the mixture of horny and story got me feeling a way only dxd can, and that ending sequence is PEAK.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Season 5 Confirmed!!!

Hachii13 - May 3

40 by filthyfrank8142 »»
May 6, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD season 4 art style

DiamondBaka - Dec 7, 2020

27 by Oongbuh »»
Apr 23, 8:02 PM

» Season 5 possibility

Homura24 - Jun 11, 2023

44 by KrishanMCK »»
Mar 29, 7:11 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

99 by EngeLxS »»
Feb 20, 3:23 PM

» Season 5 Confirmed???

LoliSenpai0x - Feb 25, 2019

45 by William12259 »»
Jan 18, 4:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.