Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 10, 2018 7:02 PM
Aug 2016
Circumcision is a normal thing in the Philippines. The experience was brutal and my cousin and I did it on the same day
Feb 10, 2018 7:05 PM

Nov 2013
No, it's not wrong. On the contrary, it's correct because the Lord thy God saidst that thou shalt circumcise.
And thou shouldst always hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 10, 2018 11:13 PM

Feb 2014
J_LEE_C said:
yosimba2000 said:
I voted yes. Let the child decide when he grows older.

Lol, I'm not being a dick - no pun intended - but I think you misread the poll question. The Poll Question is different than the thread title. the question is your circumcision/non-circumcision status...not if it's wrong or not.

Whoops! Thanks for the heads up my good sir notfillerfor30char ;)

Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Feb 10, 2018 11:16 PM

Jan 2013
If it's done to a child, it is a crime and should be punishable.
If an adult decides to do it, sure go ahead. Just know that the foreskin is there for a reason.
Feb 10, 2018 11:27 PM

Apr 2014
Many people also get their baby's/toddlers ears pierced without their consent.
Feb 10, 2018 11:36 PM

Nov 2008
Bambi said:
I don't approve. I don't even like piercings on women.

Feb 11, 2018 7:11 AM

May 2010
Bambi said:
That's pretty terrible and serves no function.
Feb 11, 2018 10:50 AM

Jul 2011
Circumcision at birth is usually done for religious reasons, past health issues it docent actually need to exist with how society is today but if your born being circumcised then you will never know what the benefits to not having it are so i don't think there is any harm, if your ignorant of the changes then it won't harm you and you won't feel like your missing out on anything or any benefits you could of had otherwise. Also counter to that though, majority of women prefer circumcised guys from a visual stand point, not all but more in today's society i feel but then depending on what kinda relationship your going for i doubt that should matter. So i feel like its more of a debate for people who are uncircumcised right now and are considering doing it in the future as they have more of a grasp of what you might actually lose.
Feb 11, 2018 12:20 PM

May 2013
traed said:

Gan_water said:
It's okay lol. It probably is a lot more convenient.

Actually there is a study that says the opposite that it requires more maintenance.

"To document prospectively variation in penile morphology and clinical findings in children. The study comprised a consecutive sample of 468 boys whose consultation with a physician included a genital examination in a primary-care paediatric practice in rural northern Wisconsin. Circumcised boys under 3 years of age were significantly more likely to have a partially or completely covered glans, a reddened meatus, balanitis, or trapped epithelial debris, and less likely to have a fully exposed glans than were circumcised boys of 3 years or older. Among the 238 boys under 3 years, those circumcised were significantly more likely to have non-cosmetic problems, including coronal adhesions, trapped epithelial debris, a reddened meatus, preputial stenosis (phimosis) and balanitis, than were boys with a foreskin.

traed said:

Among the 238 boys under 3 years, those circumcised were significantly more likely to have non-cosmetic problems, including coronal adhesions, trapped epithelial debris, a reddened meatus, preputial stenosis (phimosis) and balanitis, than were boys with a foreskin.

traed said:

coronal adhesions, trapped epithelial debris, a reddened meatus, preputial stenosis (phimosis) and balanitis

traed said:

reddened meatus

AHHH! WHAT IS THIS?? But personally I've never experienced that lol.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 11, 2018 1:50 PM

Jun 2016
What's "wrong" is that supposedly heterosexual men are so obsessed with other people's penises, and childrens' no less so it's kind of creepy to discuss. Seriously who cares?
Feb 11, 2018 1:57 PM

Oct 2007
Mutilating a baby's genitals is disturbing, in my opinion. I'm glad its not a common thing here.

If you want to have it done as an adult then do what you want, but leave your babies alone in this regard.

Bambi said:

I think this is cruel. This is something that can definitely wait until they're older.
Feb 11, 2018 2:00 PM

May 2013
Kuromii said:
Mutilating a baby's genitals is disturbing, in my opinion. I'm glad its not a common thing here.

If you want to have it done as an adult then do what you want, but leave your babies alone in this regard.

Well the thing is, it's a lot scarier to have it done during puberty. Having it done at birth makes it a non issue for the kid.

Birth is one moment that is definitely traumatic, they already have to cut the chord off your belly so they go ahead and take the foreskin off as well. It actually does make sense, from a certain p.o.v.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Feb 11, 2018 2:05 PM

Mar 2008
Bambi said:

I've only seen Hispanics do that around here. Is it a thing there?. That isn't right to do either but it's not very comparable. Just because something is common doesn't make it right. Imagine if the norm was giving baby girls breast implants ...which would be more comparable being an unnecisary plastic surgery that risks complications including death.

Gan_water said:

AHHH! WHAT IS THIS?? But personally I've never experienced that lol.

That isn't even a comprehensive list.
Buried penis is one other condition circumcision can increase risk of which means it falls inside the body. Some guys circumcised can gets an erection where their skin can tear.
traedFeb 11, 2018 3:52 PM
Feb 11, 2018 2:10 PM

Oct 2007
Gan_water said:
Kuromii said:

Well the thing is, it's a lot scarier to have it done during puberty. Having it done at birth makes it a non issue for the kid.

Birth is one moment that is definitely traumatic, they already have to cut the chord off your belly so they go ahead and take the foreskin off as well. It actually does make sense, from a certain p.o.v.

I understand that's one way to look at it, but I still don't agree that anyone has any business cutting bits off babies' penises (unless medically needed, of course).

Also, there is this (NSFW image):

Stimulating that area feels really good (or so I have learned, I'm a woman and obviously don't have a dick). Getting rid of it on behalf of your baby seems unnecessarily cruel.
Feb 12, 2018 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
I have cut dick and I’m proud of my cut dick.
Feb 13, 2018 9:38 PM

Jul 2015
Im uncut, Im not really sure if its wrong or not but if it has health benefits and no real downsides than I don't really care about it, I definitely don't think it needs to happen though so long as you have good hygiene.
Feb 13, 2018 9:55 PM

Aug 2009
Smeg. It's just one less thing to deal with when you're circumcised.

Feb 14, 2018 7:41 PM

Mar 2015
Yes, it's pointless and can lead to various problems down the line like infections and such, though there are circumstances where it's necessary, like phimosis. Generally though it's just a bad pre-medieval ritualistic practice that shouldn't be allowed to be performed on anyone against their will (including children, who can't yet make decisions for themselves).
Feb 15, 2018 7:23 PM

Mar 2008
Loreal said:
traed said:

I've only seen Hispanics do that around here. Is it a thing there?. That isn't right to do either but it's not very comparable. Just because something is common doesn't make it right. Imagine if the norm was giving baby girls breast implants ...which would be more comparable being an unnecisary plastic surgery that risks complications including death.
It's a roman catholic thing I'm pretty sure. I'n my opinion having your ears pierced isn't a big deal cause it's not noticeable if there is nothing in the ears :/

Ah so that is why I usually just see it with Hispanics. That's why I said it's not very compairable to circumcision since it's not surgery. There is some small risk if infection to it though and it's still infliction of unnecessary pain and the earings are choking hazards. I can't imagine them coming out as even once they get them older than if they had them done later when their ear lobes are more grown.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Friends are Important in Our Life ?

Agent39 - Feb 29

31 by Agent39 »»
15 minutes ago

» My recent piano practice

philtecturophy - 2 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» Do you go to anime conventions?

spaceslut - Mar 11, 2022

20 by LoveYourSmile »»
1 hour ago

» When did you first experience heartbreak in a romantic sense?

MeanMrMusician - 8 hours ago

8 by Daconator »»
2 hours ago

» Why aren't Americans rioting over the fact that McDonalds is now a Luxury Item? ( 1 2 )

vasipi4946 - May 30

55 by SmugMiri »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.