Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 14, 2017 8:21 AM

Jul 2009
Some characters like Riko, Yohane, and You are much better than any of Muse's cast members, I'll give you that.

Story-wise though? Heck no.
Aug 14, 2017 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
a lot of Sunshine season 1 was about praising muse - from showing a giant muse poster, several muse song and muse amv footage all the way down to even introducing a forced muse trivia. this series felt like it was trying too hard to appease Love Live fans. they also turned up a notch on the "moe" factor (Ruby)
hopefully things will be different in season 2.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 15, 2017 8:37 AM

Nov 2015
DreamingBeats said:
a lot of Sunshine season 1 was about praising muse - from showing a giant muse poster, several muse song and muse amv footage all the way down to even introducing a forced muse trivia. this series felt like it was trying too hard to appease Love Live fans. they also turned up a notch on the "moe" factor (Ruby)
hopefully things will be different in season 2.

It's obvious , in Sunshine they were praising Muse , and in Love Live School Idol Project , they were praising A-Rise all the time , so basically it's just the same , and the only difference is that at the end Muse defeated A-Rise in season 2 , while Sunshine should also defeat Muse somehow but they are not in the same age or school , which makes it basically , Sunshine is holding for something in season 2 soon ,and I'm sure you noticed in the OP song in season was Muse dancing and singing in the finals just like it happened in the end in season 2 , Sunshine's OP song was also in a big threater singing and dancing , and it seems like something bigger than the what happened with Muse ( sorry for my English I'm just sleepy )
Aug 24, 2017 3:24 PM

Feb 2012
That opinion is bad and you should feel bad, jk.

The first season was amusing, but it wasnt as interesting or emotional as the original. Maybe the second season will get better.
Sep 11, 2017 10:38 PM
May 2017
Welll,I think not because every Muse members are able to wear Bikini so well.....but in Aqours,1st graders,W.You and S.Richard NEVER wear bikini officially,persisting dowdy one-piece swimsuit...I think g's dengeki got their head irradiated... That's why Asians are Inferior.We American girls,especially whites prefer Bikini over such childish one-piece swimsuit.Idol should lure the man...
N1ghtwingSep 11, 2017 11:29 PM
Sep 20, 2017 6:13 PM

Aug 2015
Sunshine got instantly 10 times better than the original as soon as Mari showed up on screen the first time

it's not joke
Sep 20, 2017 6:31 PM

May 2015
I like Sunshine as much as the original's first season, but the original had a second season and a movie that were both better than Sunshine. So yeah, I think the original LL is better overall.

Sep 21, 2017 7:37 PM
May 2017
watched original and compare with sunshine

sunshine is much better in anything but story.

muse wins at story. muse story is pretty much more realistic than aqours's

hope this time they will improve

if i can compare to games. yea, sunshine n muse saga is pretty much like battlefield 1 and battlefield 4.
Sep 22, 2017 11:58 AM

Dec 2015
LLS will never surpass LL in any way, μ's is a million times better and that's a fact!
i know that people have different opinions but i can't understand how some think that LLS and Aqours are both better than the legendary original LL and μ's.
Sep 28, 2017 12:42 PM
Jul 2016
Lol wut ?
An anime is not about chars only
Personnaly , i still prefer love live idol to sunshine
Aquours are good , bit still prefer muse
And for chars , i more like honoka than aquours leader
And i don't like the deeesu of the blond like its how americains say it -_-
Muse are still the best
Sep 30, 2017 7:52 AM

Jun 2009
I agree, I like Sunshine better. And Nico's alright, but Dia's better. 8D

(Also jeez people need to chill, it's just an OPINION. Stfu if you're not gonna respect someone else's opinion even if it's different from yours. Also inb4 someone says "your opinion is wrong". =w= )

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Sep 30, 2017 8:07 AM

Nov 2011
KittyxChan said:
I agree, I like Sunshine better. And Nico's alright, but Dia's better. 8D
(Also jeez people need to chill, it's just an OPINION. Stfu if you're not gonna respect someone else's opinion even if it's different from yours. Also inb4 someone says "your opinion is wrong". =w= )

honestly, i'd consider Eli > Dia. both are heads of school council, but Eli, at least in the anime, was portrayed as more mature in my book.

Eli > a talented ballet dancer, decides against being an idol / having an idol group because she doesn't see how the school would benefit from it. in her view, idol formation seemed like a childsplay that would ultimately get no result other than give students misguided hope of saving the school. truth be told, many people would likely share her view in real life.

Dia > portrayed as a hardcore muse fan in the anime series (maybe it's different in the game / manga story) decides against making an idol group because her live didn't turn out well. not because her group wasn't well-prepared, but because she (or someone else? don't quite remember now) decided not to go on with the live because one of her members (Mari?) had an injury and couldn't perform.
she opposes idoling because of her own trauma (if this can be called one), that was a bit over-exagerated. i'm hoping they are able to show Dia in a better way in season 2, though other characters also deserve getting into the spotlight (Mari, Kanan, Ruby)
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Sep 30, 2017 3:42 PM

Dec 2015
Uuughh allot of these fucking idiots in this forum are going "OH AQOURS IS JUST A COPY OF µ, THEY'RE SO BAD WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE DIFFERENT THAN µ JKHVHKJVFDKJHVFDHJKFDIJHFGSLINDXVJKNFXBKJNVS" completely ignoring that thE WHOLE FUCKING MESSAGE OF LOVE LIVE SUNSHINE IS TO NOT BE LIKE FUCKING µ" ANYONE WITH A FUCKING BRAIN CAN UNDERSTAND THAT AND CHIKA IS SUPPOSE TO BE A CHARACTER THAT PRAISED HONOKA AS A SYMBOL OF FINDING HER PURPOSE IN LIFE, yes there are similarities between Chika and Honoka but they're not CARBON COPIES, It's like saying Oh Midoriya from My Hero Academia is like Naruto so he's a carbon cutout of naruto, LIKE HOW FUCKING STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO THINK LIKE THAT. Plus love live sip had 2 seasons and a movie so of course they have better character development, but that doesn't mean you have to act like IDIOTS and say that LLS has shit characters, I thought the characters were beautiful and brilliant for the setting and tone for this anime, and I thought the drama was grounded and fleshed out way better than season 1 of love live sip where It made me fucking hate Kotori for leaving µ and making Honoka acting way out of character, but for Chika it's way more grounded and realistic for her to hold in her emotions because she realized that being an idol is harder and more challenging than what she expected, like hell, she's the fucking leader of Aqours so she needs to hold in her emotions because she doesn't want the rest of the group to feel bad and think that they're going to fail and give up, just like an actual FUCKING leader in a group that is pushing all of her members to never give up. skjlhasdhfkjsafhkjashflkasdhflaskh gosh damn it. and look I'm not saying µ is bad, I fucking love Love Live SIP, I loved Honoka, Umi, Kotori, Nozomi, Nico, Maki, etc. but I just prefer Love Live Sunshine allot more for it's characters that related to me, how the story is structured, character designs, etc. but I just want to make a fucking point that AQOURS IS NOT MUSE AND MUSE IS NOT AQOURS

that is all
Drock34000Sep 30, 2017 3:45 PM
hi
Sep 30, 2017 3:55 PM

Dec 2015
Reikuo said:
I think Love Live SIP is inherently the better told story. Sunshine uses so much of its formula, far beyond characters, dialogue, or music in order for it to feel connected there is no way to pull the two entirely apart. Which is definitely how it should feel for being in the same universe even if there are no returning characters from the original.

Its not entirely fair to compare the two either, with the original having nowhere near the planning or foresight that Sunshine had. Which makes stating that the original is a better piece of work stronger of a statement.

In terms of characters I really dont think one can argue very consistently in an unbiased form that Sunshine genuinely does have worse characters. Lets start off with the fact that every single character is a trope in both the original and Sunshine. This is because the episodes are only 22 minutes, they have 9 characters to develop for, and lets face it anime loves its cliche character archetypes. However, Aqours clearly has more elements of uniqueness with its characters then the girls of Muse.

I think Riko has the most depth of all the Love Live girls. Interestingly, I cant tell if this was on purpose. We have seen every spectrum she can offer as a character from what worry's her when she is alone to her private interests. She has a unique posture and mannerism portrayed throughout the show that adds to her character value in a real way as a person, rather then cheaply as is the case with Yohane dressed in her garb all the time, and You with her uniforms, to Nozomi and her cards and Maki sitting with her arms crossed or twirling her hair looking too bothered to be there because she is the rich tsundere girl archtype. Riko starts at the beginning with no self confidence and very little drive to do anything. She is very unsure. As the season progresses she becomes a member of Aqours and gets on the path of just hanging out to genuinely caring. As she settles into her new town with her new friends, she is finally presented with another chance at the piano competition to face her biggest internal struggle, one clearly built up throughout the season, but she turns it down because Aqours and specifically Chika are what is most important to her. However after Chika opens up and tells her to to the competition she does. She is selfless but she is willing to pursue her own goals. Returning from the competition Riko is invigorated and confident. Glowing. Riko grows as an individual and as a person in Love Live Sunshine. More so then any other girl in the series.

If we look at other characters in Love Live, who rivals Rikos climb? Nico has real development, but in the end she just decides to stop trying to hog the spotlight. Maki while a favorite, has almost none. Umi and Kotori are held back as characters to be Honokas care takers. Honokas personal drama is very uninteresting and not really powerful. Training while sick to botch the performance is not really very intriguing, shes just dumb. Her bounce back is not powerful because she did not fall far enough down, and when she returned it was just back to her previous self identical to before the accident. There is no change that carry's her forward. Chika decides to stop copying Muse, not really a big deal. You gets jealous of Riko, then realizes it was all a misunderstanding? Things return to normal the following episode. The Aqours 3rd year drama went for it, but the overall core of the drama, being that they faked being unable to perform to disband the group for Maris sake was not very compelling when you know they are going to return to the group. The drama also had no lasting impacts, Kanan and Mari had been friends before the drama, remained friends after. Hanamaru decides to leave the library... I could go on... I know that was ranty and disjointed, but you get the idea.

However, there are still redeeming quality's to almost all of these characters and I think Aqours is off to a really strong start for Muse having more then half the content of Sunshine.
I was about to say your comment was shit until I actually read it, bravo
hi
Oct 5, 2017 1:22 PM

Nov 2011
the manga does a much better job with Aquors than the anime.
looking forwards for volume 3 - maybe they'll introduce Ruby/Hanamaru or possibly Yohane.

Oct 7, 2017 3:55 AM

Jun 2011
snarat said:
LLS will never surpass LL in any way, μ's is a million times better and that's a fact!
i know that people have different opinions but i can't understand how some think that LLS and Aqours are both better than the legendary original LL and μ's.

I have to say that I love Aqours more than u's because I got to watch these girls grow and start from zero to one. Not just the girls in the anime, but also the seiyuus as well, from their first live all the way to their Happy Train Tour. I got to see them grow, not only as idols, but as friends, and that's the magic. It wasn't like that for u's, by the time the anime came out, u's itself, had already just ended their Third Live, and as soon as the anime ended, it wasn't long until the movie came out and BOOM their Final Live. It was just like meeting a new friend, but before you got to know them more, they left and moved somewhere far away. At least now that Aqours is here, I have the privilege of watching these girls grow as a group. Unlike, where in u's case, they were already a group, and I was just the unfortunate sod who became a fan of them too late in the game. Don't get me wrong, I will always love u's and they will always have a special place in my heart, but Aqours has stolen it... and my wallet, since I ended up buying their CDs, their merch, and tickets to their Live Viewing.
Oct 7, 2017 1:57 PM
Oct 2011
Its a matter of opinions. I think Yohane is even more cringy than Nico and i also find her more annoying. Don't even mention You, she is like the Loser of the group, always being the shadow of Riko, which is kind of fine since You has the worst voice in Aquors.
Oct 7, 2017 3:30 PM

Aug 2013
In your dreams dude. I'm not a fan of original series, but I enjoyed it pretty much. Sunshine is a garbage. Unfortunately 1st episode of 2nd season is confirming it. Bland, boring, extremely repetitive. Only Ruby is likeable, most of Aquors are totally uninteresting and main girl is annoying as fuck.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 7, 2017 7:16 PM
Mar 2017
Rayla said:
snarat said:

I have to say that I love Aqours more than u's because I got to watch these girls grow and start from zero to one. Not just the girls in the anime, but also the seiyuus as well, from their first live all the way to their Happy Train Tour. I got to see them grow, not only as idols, but as friends, and that's the magic. It wasn't like that for u's, by the time the anime came out, u's itself, had already just ended their Third Live, and as soon as the anime ended, it wasn't long until the movie came out and BOOM their Final Live. It was just like meeting a new friend, but before you got to know them more, they left and moved somewhere far away. At least now that Aqours is here, I have the privilege of watching these girls grow as a group. Unlike, where in u's case, they were already a group, and I was just the unfortunate sod who became a fan of them too late in the game. Don't get me wrong, I will always love u's and they will always have a special place in my heart, but Aqours has stolen it... and my wallet, since I ended up buying their CDs, their merch, and tickets to their Live Viewing.

I nuked $5k over the summer with a 3 week trip to Japan for them:
>whaled on merch in Akiba
>Love Live collab cafe at Sega cafe
>Sunshine Cafe at Numazu station
>Finally, $300 to get in Happy Party train concert Nagoya day 2
Oct 7, 2017 11:00 PM
Sep 2010
Jacob194 said:

Animation : Sunshine's animation was better than Muse's 1st/2nd season (by a small margin) but not the movie, why is that? well, Sunshine was made in 2016, while the 1st/2nd season were made in 2013/2014 so it's expected. The movie's animation far exceeds both Sunshine and 1st/2nd seasons.

Of course a movie will have better animation, its a fucking MOVIE.

Characters : I personally think that 6 out of 9 characters from Sunshine are literally almost copy-paste from Muse. and whoever says otherwise might be watching a totally another series? am I right here? other than originality there were far more characters that pissed me off in Sunshine than in Muse.

Yeah because the original cast were so original right, I mean its not they're like copy-paste of a lot of other anime characters ever made.

Character Development and backstory : Every member of Muse had their own episode talking about their backstory and developed them somehow. Aqours on the other hand, only had episodes about Riko aaaaand.. well the episode about Mari and Kanan, I can't really say that's an episode because it made me cringe so bad.

Uh, no they didn't Umi and Maki never got their own episodes. And I'm sorry everyone had their backstory explored? Did you even watch the show? Sure maybe some of them but definitely not all them?

Last notes : About forced drama xDDD, well.. Muse did have a bit of forced drama here and there, but it never threw me off. As for Sunshine :/, I can't help but say there was so much forced drama it made me cringe.

Yeah sure both had drama that can be considered cringy/forced. But in terms of writing the original's own was just plain bad (ex. how Eli all of a sudden went from hating school idols with a passion to wanting to join them in such a short amount of time) compared to sunshine's.

I could go on even further but I don't have time to be writing essays.
Oct 7, 2017 11:20 PM

Nov 2011
Zetsuei380 said:
how Eli all of a sudden went from hating school idols with a passion to wanting to join them in such a short amount of time) compared to sunshine's.

Eli opposed having an idol group because she considered it a complete waste of time and resources. the school was going to close, and people have better things to worry about instead of making a happy-go-lucky club and hope for the best. as head of student council, her opposition was not due to "hatred" per see, but from the point of view of someone responsible for the well-being of the students in the school. making an idol group would only bring an empty hope, something she did not want.
she probably was also aware that even if Otonokizaka made an idol group, they would stand no chance against the dominant idols at the time - A-rise. now, compare this opposition to Dia's:

Dia's tried becoming an idol with Kanan and Mari. Mari gets injured, so Kanan decides to give up on the stage to protect Mari. since that day they no longer perform and Dia have a deep bitterness of becoming an idol...while somehow still being a big fan of muse. a single bad performance (or rather, lack of it) and Dia gives up on becoming an idol altogether, and even strongly opposes any school idol club. not because it seemed pointless, but because she failed to perform with Mari and Kanan in an irrelevant distant past. hmm..thinking of it, maybe they tried to perform in the same timeline that muse won. maybe they could explore this by making a crossover OVA.

Oct 7, 2017 11:50 PM

Jul 2008
DreamingBeats said:
Zetsuei380 said:
how Eli all of a sudden went from hating school idols with a passion to wanting to join them in such a short amount of time) compared to sunshine's.

Eli opposed having an idol group because she considered it a complete waste of time and resources. the school was going to close, and people have better things to worry about instead of making a happy-go-lucky club and hope for the best. as head of student council, her opposition was not due to "hatred" per see, but from the point of view of someone responsible for the well-being of the students in the school. making an idol group would only bring an empty hope, something she did not want.
she probably was also aware that even if Otonokizaka made an idol group, they would stand no chance against the dominant idols at the time - A-rise. now, compare this opposition to Dia's:

Dia's tried becoming an idol with Kanan and Mari. Mari gets injured, so Kanan decides to give up on the stage to protect Mari. since that day they no longer perform and Dia have a deep bitterness of becoming an idol...while somehow still being a big fan of muse. a single bad performance (or rather, lack of it) and Dia gives up on becoming an idol altogether, and even strongly opposes any school idol club. not because it seemed pointless, but because she failed to perform with Mari and Kanan in an irrelevant distant past. hmm..thinking of it, maybe they tried to perform in the same timeline that muse won. maybe they could explore this by making a crossover OVA.

I never understood why Rubi didn't KNOW about that, being Dia's younger sister by only two years. How did she have no idea Dia was an idol? That was a huge plot hole for me.
Oct 8, 2017 1:13 AM
Sep 2010
DreamingBeats said:
Zetsuei380 said:

True but she also hated idols because of her background in ballet. She thought that dances performed by idols were amateur compared to ballet (which is stupid because they are 2 very different styles of dancing). But that still doesn't change the issue of her suddenly wanting to join them so suddenly. It would of made more sense if she just accepted them and/or maybe support them, but to outright JOIN them? I'm sorry but no one in their right mind would make such a huge 180 degree turn like she did in such a short amount of time.

Except there's more to it than that, the reason they gave up being idols was because Kanan and Dia cared for Mari's future. Mari refused offers to study abroad at very good schools just to be a school idol (something Kanan and Dia pulled her into) on the off chance that they may save they're little school. They felt they were holding her back from a better future over something they pushed on her. And if they did perform the injury Mari sustained could've worsen to some permanent damage. And the reason Dia was against the a school idol club was more out of protection for the students. In Chika's case she was very new to the whole school idol thing, approaching it in a very (enthusiastically) light manner, treating it very much like Honoka did. But the fact is school idols have changed, now the competition is way more competitive than ever thanks to huge increase in participants lately. Chika going in the way she did would only lead to disaster and heartbreak, which it did when they went to Tokyo. Now obviously they got over it, but there's no way Dia would've known that. She only did what she thought was best for the other students.
Oct 8, 2017 3:39 AM

Dec 2015
Zetsuei380 said:
Jacob194 said:

Animation : Sunshine's animation was better than Muse's 1st/2nd season (by a small margin) but not the movie, why is that? well, Sunshine was made in 2016, while the 1st/2nd season were made in 2013/2014 so it's expected. The movie's animation far exceeds both Sunshine and 1st/2nd seasons.

Of course a movie will have better animation, its a fucking MOVIE.

Characters : I personally think that 6 out of 9 characters from Sunshine are literally almost copy-paste from Muse. and whoever says otherwise might be watching a totally another series? am I right here? other than originality there were far more characters that pissed me off in Sunshine than in Muse.

Yeah because the original cast were so original right, I mean its not they're like copy-paste of a lot of other anime characters ever made.

Character Development and backstory : Every member of Muse had their own episode talking about their backstory and developed them somehow. Aqours on the other hand, only had episodes about Riko aaaaand.. well the episode about Mari and Kanan, I can't really say that's an episode because it made me cringe so bad.

Uh, no they didn't Umi and Maki never got their own episodes. And I'm sorry everyone had their backstory explored? Did you even watch the show? Sure maybe some of them but definitely not all them?

Last notes : About forced drama xDDD, well.. Muse did have a bit of forced drama here and there, but it never threw me off. As for Sunshine :/, I can't help but say there was so much forced drama it made me cringe.

Yeah sure both had drama that can be considered cringy/forced. But in terms of writing the original's own was just plain bad (ex. how Eli all of a sudden went from hating school idols with a passion to wanting to join them in such a short amount of time) compared to sunshine's.

why are you so mad lolllll get over it
Oct 8, 2017 3:47 AM

Jan 2017
It is still worst than pingu in the city NOOT NOOT
Oct 8, 2017 4:21 AM

Feb 2014
The only thing Sunshine does better than Love Live is the animation and overall production value, which again is thanks to all the sweet waifu tribute money Sunrise earned from the original Love Live.
Oct 8, 2017 7:05 AM

Oct 2015
Vhailor said:
The only thing Sunshine does better than Love Live is the animation and overall production value, which again is thanks to all the sweet waifu tribute money Sunrise earned from the original Love Live.
Nah. Probably from the first season of sunshine. That explains why the quality was better this season, I mean everything Sunshine released so far from games,figures,cds,blurays have sold like crazy :c
Oct 8, 2017 7:12 AM

Feb 2014
EGOIST said:
Vhailor said:
Nah. Probably from the first season of sunshine. That explains why the quality was better this season, I mean everything Sunshine released so far from games,figures,cds,blurays have sold like crazy :c

I meant the first season of Sunshine (haven't watched the 2nd season yet), since OP was comparing it to the original series.
Oct 8, 2017 1:34 PM

Nov 2011
GarLogan78 said:
I never understood why Rubi didn't KNOW about that, being Dia's younger sister by only two years. How did she have no idea Dia was an idol? That was a huge plot hole for me.

and Riko not knowing what school idol was. she came from Otonokizaka, the same school muse went. it would be literally impossible for her not to know what school idol was given muse immense popularity - muse were so popular even people in a remote city, like the Numazu City, know a thing or two about them. heck, Otonokizaka became famous in the Love Live universe because of muse. yet Riko, who used to be a student there, doesn'y know what school idols are? that makes zero sense.
in the manga, however, they fix this. Riko knows what school idols are and she's harsh on herself for it - she considers herself as not being worthy of being part of an idol group (and she also feels the pressure of being apparently the only one in the entire school that came from Tokyo, thus supposed to be more "refined")

edit:
Zetsuei380 said:
that still doesn't change the issue of her suddenly wanting to join them so suddenly.

Eli didn't join the group until episode 8, and only affer much careful thought and a little push from Nozomi - her best friend who also helped endure being a head of student council. Eli didn't "hate" school idols per see, but she didn't see a point to it, either. Her priorities are pretty straightforward: school should come first. as head of student council, she only allowed Honoka to register for the love live competition if everyone in her group passed their exams. I don't remember the episode too well, but it's probably safe to say that they did. Eli gradually changed her mind when she saw Honoka and the others working day in and day out, doing their best to improve their amateur performance. It wasn't a "sudden" shift by any means.
by comparison, Dia joined in episode 9. 1 episode later compared to Love Live.

because Kanan and Dia cared for Mari's future.

Dia could have bid good luck to Mari and then proceed to try and become an idol. they could have gone in separate ways and reach for their own dreams. instead, after that live "performance"(or the lack thereof), she gives up on performing ever again. usually, you'd expect that after not performing in the event, the three of them would talk to each other, if not on the same day, then certainly the day after. they worked really hard to prepare for the Love Live competition, and when Kanan doesn't perform after all they've been through, none of them talk about it? only after Chika intervening were they able to sort it out, a year or two after the incident.

as for "protecting" students...Love Live is a competition. it's like trying to protect peope from joining a Karuta competition, a swimming competition, or what have you because there's a good chance you'll lose. i'm not sure this works in Dia's case, since Dia, Mari and Kanan didn't even perform, and lost pretty much by default - without even trying.
DreamingBeatsOct 8, 2017 2:18 PM

Oct 8, 2017 9:35 PM
Sep 2010
DreamingBeats said:

Zetsuei380 said:
that still doesn't change the issue of her suddenly wanting to join them so suddenly.

Eli didn't join the group until episode 8, and only affer much careful thought and a little push from Nozomi - her best friend who also helped endure being a head of student council. Eli didn't "hate" school idols per see, but she didn't see a point to it, either. Her priorities are pretty straightforward: school should come first. as head of student council, she only allowed Honoka to register for the love live competition if everyone in her group passed their exams. I don't remember the episode too well, but it's probably safe to say that they did. Eli gradually changed her mind when she saw Honoka and the others working day in and day out, doing their best to improve their amateur performance. It wasn't a "sudden" shift by any means.
by comparison, Dia joined in episode 9. 1 episode later compared to Love Live.

Except it wasn't gradual at all, all throughout episodes 1-7 she has been against them becoming school idols, it was only in episode 8 when she started training them in dancing did she ever give them a chance. Nor was it her that let them participate in love live if they have good grades, that was the school director's (Kotori's Mom) idea. If Eli did agree to that it would be out of reluctance. You say Dia joined 1 episode later? Well Eli changed her views to the point where she actually wants to join something she disliked MOST OF HER LIFE in all of 1 episode. I said it once and I'll say it again, no one in their right mind would make such a huge 180 degree turn like she did in such a short amount of time. At least in Dia's case she was already a huge school idol fan, so her joining in such short notice isn't that hard to believe. Plus the fact that the thing keeping her from returning to being a school idol was already resolved.

because Kanan and Dia cared for Mari's future.

Dia could have bid good luck to Mari and then proceed to try and become an idol. they could have gone in separate ways and reach for their own dreams. instead, after that live "performance"(or the lack thereof), she gives up on performing ever again. usually, you'd expect that after not performing in the event, the three of them would talk to each other, if not on the same day, then certainly the day after. they worked really hard to prepare for the Love Live competition, and when Kanan doesn't perform after all they've been through, none of them talk about it? only after Chika intervening were they able to sort it out, a year or two after the incident.

Except Mari didn't want to separate from them. Like I said she refused several offers to study abroad just to stay a school idol with her friends. Kanan and Dia thought the only way to get through Mari's stubbornness was to force her to leave by throwing the competition and quitting. Yes none of them talked it over but that was the point, they made a mistake. It was a mistake to not just talk it over and it cost them 2 years of their friendship. Heck, Mari even brought it up in You's episode, saying that You should learn from their mistake and just talk to Chika about how she feels. Characters are allowed to make mistakes if they learn from them and they did. Because no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes. They only did what they thought was right but they were wrong.

as for "protecting" students...Love Live is a competition. it's like trying to protect peope from joining a Karuta competition, a swimming competition, or what have you because there's a good chance you'll lose. i'm not sure this works in Dia's case, since Dia, Mari and Kanan didn't even perform, and lost pretty much by default - without even trying.

Ok I'm not gonna lie, after thinking about it (and re-watching a few scenes) I feel like there is a huge inconsistency with Dia's reasoning's here. Like how its implied that them getting "stage fright" and losing was the main reason of her not wanting a school idol club, to save them from going through the pain they felt. But we later find out that they did it on purpose, so her not wanting there to be a school idol club doesn't really add up. So I'll give you this one. Yes as much as I think LLS is better, I'm willing to admit the show does has its flaws as well.
Oct 18, 2017 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
How to start a flame war 101.
Oct 19, 2017 4:57 PM
Aug 2017
does popcorn still exist?
still waiting for µ's appearance.
Nov 8, 2017 6:36 AM

May 2017
True af

LLSunsine is made to better than LLSIP

And it already is better after just the first season

No plot armor, less cringy and not as random like LLSIP
Nov 8, 2017 6:53 PM

Aug 2013
Nope, SideM is the best..

Trolling aside, both SIP & SS are good in their own rights. And I like both of them as I like World Witches & IM@S despite I didn't really liked Kotori's voice..
Nov 16, 2017 1:15 AM

Jun 2013
"Welcome to hell zone!"

-Tsushima Y̶o̶s̶h̶i̶k̶o̶ Yohane
Kitan~!
Nov 17, 2017 12:51 AM

Aug 2010
Hoppy said:
Nou-Tan said:
Sunshine is 100% better than school Idol Project and that Nico thing
Hyped as hell *-* can't wait
Excited to see the season 1 OP song in an action!

Not really, the performance look better and the music is still good, but Muse has the better characters (there's no substitute for Umi, she's just too perfect), I also don't like Dia that much for example.

I almost hate every character from the original one, excluding Kotori and Nico. They are just bad as they come.
As for sunshine, the only shitty character is You, the rest are good.
Nov 18, 2017 8:35 AM

Oct 2015
While I like u's, and Eli is still my no.1 girl. I totally agree, Aqours is way better than u's in characters and songs. Honestly Nico is one of the main reason, I like Aqours more. She just too damn annoying, and I don't like small girls, it bothers me that she's a third year. Not a fan of Rin and Hanayo as well, Umi always tend panic, which I don't really like it that much. I have no idea why u people like Nico?? While Aqours has a good character development, like Riko is too generic in the first season, but she improves a lot in second season. Overall Aqours girls are lovable cause each of them have unique personality, I don't even know who's my favorite or least favorite in Aqours. But of course I still like u's regardless, and they are irreplaceable.
Maruko-sanNov 18, 2017 8:39 AM
Jan 13, 2018 12:03 PM
Dec 2013
I would to compare them in some aspects. Don't conclude this generally since I very love all of them!

Anime Story
I think Aquors in LLSS have advantages since they have more realistic and serious story than µ's in LL Original. You must realize that become to idol nowadays doesn't mean all of popularity problem are going to solve immediately.

Characters and Cast
µ's definitely have more variety of characters, although sometimes their seiyuu have difficulties to imagine their character properly (that's why I appreciate the effort from Ucchi and Shikaco, who has being Kotori and Hanayo to be liked by fans). In Aquors, I see only Yoshiko have clear different characters among others, but I very appreciate how their seiyuu can match their respective character almost in perfect sense, so like I can see Aquors in real!

Songs
Recently in my LLSIP playlist, I have 19 songs from µ's and 3 songs from Aquors. I think it's because µ's songs left my impression deeply in various ways (about their beats, their dances, or meaning behind it). But I still don't find that criteria as much in Aquors songs, so that I wish can add more in my playlist after see Aquors's next live performances

Finally, it's not fair to compare which is better between "the legendary 6 years" and "the (still) developing 3 years" school idol groups, since they have very different obstacles (in term that µ's already set a high standard for idol groups). So I wish Aquors can continue work hard to have their own high standard too....

YudistiraJan 13, 2018 12:07 PM
Jan 8, 2019 11:10 AM
Oct 2016
Better? No way! Absolutely not.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.