Forum Settings
Forums

Is anyone hyped about this while also being scared of the fact that this might ruin the ending?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 1, 2016 5:48 PM
Apr 2011
Sazerlim said:
I haven't even watched Code GEass since i don't like mecha but since they making a sequel i guess imma try it out
I didn't like mecha til I watched code geass like 8 or so years ago... Actually I still don't like mecha. But I like code geass (and full metal panic. :x. )
Dec 1, 2016 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
If they bring Lelouch back just to kill him off again I can at least enjoy the shitshow.
Dec 1, 2016 6:15 PM
Nov 2010
I remember when I finished watching this anime and MAL haters bashing about the 'trainwreck' said 'if you want to watch a good mech anime, watch Macross Frontier'. One of the worst anime ever.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Dec 1, 2016 7:16 PM

Aug 2008
I'll give this a shot certainly if it turns out to be a terrible cash grab of a sequel then I can pretend it never happened. Just like for me that Alien and Aliens are the only two films in that "franchise". Nothing else happened after that, nothing. Newt is just fine... just fine...
Dec 1, 2016 7:20 PM

Nov 2010
Snaita said:
I really don' get why, people wanted him being dead... Whats interesting about it? It's the ultimate cliche, ""bad guy" who wants to change corrupted society by any means necessary" always have to die in the end, it's been done(so many times) like in Death Note(it was bad, the ending). It's like society telling "you may try change me, but nevertheless the outcome you will die", so watchers don't get your hopes up trying to change or something.
Now he faking his death and relinquishing his throne so that there can be global peace is something that no dictator has ever done, that's interesting.

It's interesting because, firstly, it proves that Lelouch is as great a man as we all thought he was, that he's not all talk. Through the whole show, he says "The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed," and we all kind of scoffed at that because he was clearly such a selfish bastard. But he put his money where his mouth was, and he went through with it. It was a very fitting end to his character, going out with a bang in a way that was more true to his personality than any of us realized. He had me fooled for a moment, but he really was prepared to be killed, and he really did want a gentler world.

Secondly, he *did* abdicate the throne so that there could be global peace, something that no dictator has ever done. And that's interesting, as you say. What's interesting about it is that it isn't divine justice or comeuppance (a la Death Note). It wasn't a mistake or a failure on his part, which would yeah be somewhat cliche as you said. It was just his plan, possibly from the beginning. It's an interesting route that hadn't really been explored much before. Just completely dropping everything you had, not even running things from the shadows like a "normal" dictator abdication. I agree with you on that for the most part, except that I think it's even stronger that he didn't run, but he actually died for his cause.

Thirdly, it worked so goddamn well. The whole series was about his 4d chess master mind games, running through situations that seemed to have no solution, only for Lelouch to prove that he had thought it all out from the beginning. He pulled out countless perfect solutions that no one saw coming, until they happened and everyone realized how everything led up perfectly to it. And here he did it again, on the grandest scale. There were hints and clues leading to the sacrifice, but the average viewer didn't piece them all together until it happened. Lelouch outsmarted us all once again, and in the grandest way this time, right when it looked like he had thrown it all away and completely fucked up his original goal.

Fourth, it keeps the legend of Zero alive. Once Lelouch was no longer worthy of the mask, another Zero stepped up and killed him (at least in the public's eyes). I personally like the ongoing legend aspect of it. That's pretty minor though. /shrug
Dec 1, 2016 7:36 PM
Jun 2014
I AM NOT EXCITED. I was curious about Akito the Exiled, the first movie was really good, but then there was that Centaur knightmare and shit and it killed my interest in it... if they fuck up the ending of R2 with this new CG...

Well it's really simple, we just refuse it as canon, simple as that. I did the same with EVERYTHING past episode 14 of Sword Art Online. Nothing past episode 14 exists. I can do the same with Code Geass. I can refuse it.

Also, his death was supposed to bring about the peace and shit, what kind of idiotic plot can they think of? Let's not forget other series where things were pretty much resolved at great sacrifice, only to have a sequel where all of that was for nothing and another threat appeared, ruining it for everyone.
Oh and, Lelouch is dead, stabbed though the heart with a sword, then fell over and died. The end. It was tragic and absolutely beautiful. No happy ending. No flowers and rainbows, happily ever after. Believe he is alive or dead, I don't care and I'm not going to dispute any of it, I prefer him dead, such an amaizing character, it would be a shame to piss on his legacy and resolve by keeping him alive. Let the man rest, he's seen and done too much.
Will_of_NGEDec 1, 2016 7:42 PM
Dec 1, 2016 9:10 PM

Apr 2011
I will be watching this since Geass is a nostalgic show for me that was important to me becoming an anime fan, but I do not really think this needs to exist.

While in my opinion R2 was a mess, the ending was the one thing about it that made sense (about as much sense as Geass makes, anyways) and was executed somewhat competently. It gave Lelouch's story a satisfying conclusion.

Him being dead was great; it proved that Lelouch, despite the horrible things he'd done and how far it looked like he compromised his ideals, was willing to live up to the first big one he espoused as he used his Geass for the first time: "Only those who are prepared to die should kill." You could make a pretty compelling argument that it was something of an egotistical suicide ploy on his part, but I don't think it really matters since regardless of the entirety of his motivations, he still gave up his life AND his reputation for a greater good.

If Lelouch was alive it compromised all of that. It wouldn't have been terrible and it was cool that they made it ambiguous, but a person faking their death like that and living out in secret is just as cliché so I don't really get that complaint.

It was also a good ending for Suzaku. He'd spent the entire series repudiating Zero and everything that he stood for, but he eventually realized that there was a greater good to be fought for and went so far as to embody that very ideal, playing that part to his death.

The biggest issue this new series will face is where exactly does Lelouch's character go from here? He was wrapped up pretty damn well by R2's end. In real life people are always changing and growing, but in a story there's only so many directions you can take a character, especially after you've given them a satisfying journey that ended cleanly, without compromising that emotional satisfaction.

Honestly, I'm not really sure that they can do that. I feel like Lelouch's character has gone as far as he was able to go. I'll be glad to be proven wrong, but if they just recycle his character from R1/R2 or don't find an interesting way for his character to grow and act, this will be a completely pointless waste that will be gladly be ignored by fans.
Dec 2, 2016 1:03 AM
Nov 2016
AForgottenSoul said:
it has the same writer,director and character designer so not that worried.

Same writer make it worse Ichihara Ikouchi recently works is quite bad
-guilty crown
-valvrave liberator
-kabaneri
Dec 2, 2016 6:41 AM

Jun 2012
BumperBo said:
Snaita said:
I really don' get why, people wanted him being dead... Whats interesting about it? It's the ultimate cliche, ""bad guy" who wants to change corrupted society by any means necessary" always have to die in the end, it's been done(so many times) like in Death Note(it was bad, the ending). It's like society telling "you may try change me, but nevertheless the outcome you will die", so watchers don't get your hopes up trying to change or something.
Now he faking his death and relinquishing his throne so that there can be global peace is something that no dictator has ever done, that's interesting.

It's interesting because, firstly, it proves that Lelouch is as great a man as we all thought he was, that he's not all talk. Through the whole show, he says "The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed," and we all kind of scoffed at that because he was clearly such a selfish bastard. But he put his money where his mouth was, and he went through with it. It was a very fitting end to his character, going out with a bang in a way that was more true to his personality than any of us realized. He had me fooled for a moment, but he really was prepared to be killed, and he really did want a gentler world.

Secondly, he *did* abdicate the throne so that there could be global peace, something that no dictator has ever done. And that's interesting, as you say. What's interesting about it is that it isn't divine justice or comeuppance (a la Death Note). It wasn't a mistake or a failure on his part, which would yeah be somewhat cliche as you said. It was just his plan, possibly from the beginning. It's an interesting route that hadn't really been explored much before. Just completely dropping everything you had, not even running things from the shadows like a "normal" dictator abdication. I agree with you on that for the most part, except that I think it's even stronger that he didn't run, but he actually died for his cause.

Thirdly, it worked so goddamn well. The whole series was about his 4d chess master mind games, running through situations that seemed to have no solution, only for Lelouch to prove that he had thought it all out from the beginning. He pulled out countless perfect solutions that no one saw coming, until they happened and everyone realized how everything led up perfectly to it. And here he did it again, on the grandest scale. There were hints and clues leading to the sacrifice, but the average viewer didn't piece them all together until it happened. Lelouch outsmarted us all once again, and in the grandest way this time, right when it looked like he had thrown it all away and completely fucked up his original goal.

Fourth, it keeps the legend of Zero alive. Once Lelouch was no longer worthy of the mask, another Zero stepped up and killed him (at least in the public's eyes). I personally like the ongoing legend aspect of it. That's pretty minor though. /shrug

Dude you just said all that I liked about the ending of R2 and I agree with all of it. I was just saying, that he coming out of all of it alive and retiring(really retiring, no running it from the shadows) with CC without any other character knowing, is interesting and unpredictable. It even doesn't affect the plot all that much, that's why I don't get why people are so against him being alive.
Even though I knew he was gonna die, I no way in hell ever did think he was gonna survive, until the scene of the cart.
Dec 2, 2016 6:57 PM

Apr 2009
akemikou said:
AForgottenSoul said:

-guilty crown
-valvrave liberator
-kabaneri

all of those animes have positives the animation in all 3 is pretty good and guilty crown wasnt that bad , kabaneri was pretty messy though and have not watched valvrave.
Jan 2, 2017 8:37 AM

Apr 2014
Perfect ending? If only! They
after all. Thats WIDE open!
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Jan 7, 2017 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
Nope.

It's more Code Geass. I want more and I trust the creators.
Jan 13, 2017 4:24 PM

Oct 2016
I'm hyped to see it crash and burn. The first two seasons were shit and this is gonna be even worse
Jan 13, 2017 4:58 PM
Nov 2011
AForgottenSoul said:

all of those animes have positives the animation in all 3 is pretty good and guilty crown wasnt that bad , kabaneri was pretty messy though and have not watched valvrave.

The animation isn't really a concern.

A good story can carry any art or animation, but the other way around doesn't work. And it's the writer specifically who looks like he's dogshit after Code Geass.

Seeing how closely Kabaneri ep 1 tried to mirror ep 1 of Code Geass, be a literal fucking trainwreck from the start, then having S3 of Code Geass be announced is fucking awful.

It's like the writer also couldn't get off his only success and in the end has to go back to it and butcher it. The recent PV release doesn't seem bring my hopes up for it either, even discounting the major dead vs alive issue.

Though I guess we can only hope it's not shit, and if it is, pretend it never existed.
Jan 13, 2017 7:01 PM

Aug 2015
akemikou said:
AForgottenSoul said:

-guilty crown
-valvrave liberator
-kabaneri

So trueee. His works after Code Geass are not satisfying. I'm worried this Code Geass will be a trash :(
Jan 13, 2017 7:16 PM

Oct 2014
i am not
even the fact that this exists already negate any meaning lelouch sacrifice could have both by showing he obviously did not intend to die and by showing that he did not acomplished much with his plan
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» why it's not considered as sequel to 2nd season of original series???

NaughtySempai - May 21, 2021

13 by Apratim »»
May 11, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyuse - Feb 24, 2019

218 by crystal4032 »»
May 5, 9:25 PM

Poll: » If you were Lelouch, what decision would you choose?

Sanjay63773 - Jan 19, 2023

10 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:26 AM

» Code Geass: Dakkan no Z

quercifolia - Sep 19, 2023

5 by quercifolia »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:45 AM

» Why did they did not continue original timeline? What's up this alternate timeline crap?!?

AnimeJunki3 - Apr 19, 2021

35 by WNightfall »»
Apr 15, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.