Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 17, 2016 6:41 AM

Sep 2014
Guess the real fight starts now, although 3 Spriggans are still dead practically.
I wonder what Gildarts is doing all this time while these guys are fighting xD
Jul 17, 2016 6:46 AM
Jul 2016
I'm starting to think Gildarts has Zoro's syndrome.
Jul 17, 2016 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
Fai said:
FT - Even Villains are not exempt from asspull revivals.

Is Mashima expecting us to treat those jokers seriously?
Yay they have an army! Oh wait, Avatar did too and Nasu pretty much oneshotted them
Yay they have the dude who got defeated by fanservice, the dude who was supposedly strongest on the continent yet got oneshotted and is making shitty silly unfunny poses now, the grill who was too busy messing around and got defeated by a loli, the girl who barked like a dog and bunch of other losers.

Friendly Reminder that till now, Spriggans did jack shit that would have any sort of consequences. Nor have they won a single victory, nor have they achieved anything important. The wind dude with the staff at the start of the manga had more impact and felt more threatening than those jokers.

When you have to asspull a gary stu with MC's last name out of nowhere , while making statements like "he can defeat acknologia!", you know you dun gufed writing villains. This literally feels like when Kishimoto brought back bunch of zombie fodder in nardo to prolong the arc.

Truly fearsome army. Much wow, Many Powerful.

At this point I am just looking at how much worse can arc this get.
3/5

Hey now let's be fair here:
Badd cured Laxus' MBP and Brandish cured Natsu's tumor. They may be the best help Fairy Tail's gotten the entire series.
Jul 17, 2016 8:07 AM

Jun 2015
-logically zeref's team should be unbeatable when together
and the main FT members are wounded.
*sigh* I can already smell the Nakama BS coming!
-Everyone that died got brought back! making the previous fights pointless.
-Gildarts is still busy with his Yonkō business
- they sure got lucky with that RNG! acnologia must have been sent really far,if you consider how long it's taking him to get back.
Jul 17, 2016 8:28 AM

Oct 2011
ixarising said:
-ZET- said:

More like Spriggan 12 + Zeref vs every single mage from Ishigar.

No, just Alvarez vs FT. Due to Universe One, every location changed, no one knows where FT guild is currently at. FT members know the location because of Zera only and that voice can only be heard by FT members.

I don't think we're jumping ahead to the fights, FT will probably regroup everyone from the guild and that will take at least 1 - 2chapters, then the rest of the other guilds, 4Gods of Ishigar, Crime Sorciere+Oracion Seis and Gildarts might appear aswell.

The thing is, everyone has already fought and seen the power of the Spriggans, there's no way they're just letting FT handle this matter alone, it has already made it clear before that this fight doesn't belong to FT alone but everyone else.
-ZET-Jul 17, 2016 9:45 AM
Jul 17, 2016 8:34 AM
Jan 2015
I bet Gildarts will appear thanks to Eileen's reconstruction magic.
Eri_ScarletJul 17, 2016 8:47 AM
Jul 17, 2016 8:44 AM
Jan 2015
Anonime2001 said:
My prediction about the matches only

1.Rakheid vs Acnologia
2.Invel vs Gray
3.Eileen vs Erza
4.August vs Gildart
5.Neinhart vs Jellal
6.Dimaria vs Wendy
7.Walt vs Laxus
8.Bradman vs Gajeel and Zera
9.God Serena vs Sabertooth and Crime Sorciere and
11.Ajeel vs Natsu
12.Jacob vs Lucy and maybe Brandish?

And then maybe

13.Gray vs END
14.Dimaria vs Brandish and Lucy
15.Eileen vs Erza and Mirajane
16.God Serena vs 3 God of Ishgar, Gajeel, Wendy, Sting, Rouge, Cobra
17.Acnologia vs Zeref vs Mavis

And then
18.Natsu and Mavis vs Zeref

Just kidding...this is just for fun hahaha

You missed Makarov
Jul 17, 2016 8:46 AM
Sep 2015
Eri_96 said:
Anonime2001 said:

1.Rakheid vs Acnologia
2.Invel vs Gray
3.Eileen vs Erza
4.August vs Gildart
5.Neinhart vs Jellal
6.Dimaria vs Wendy
7.Walt vs Laxus
11.Ajeel vs Natsu

And then maybe

13.Gray vs END

And then

You missed Makarov

Ooh...i forgot about him..maybe he will fight August before Gildarts arrive
Jul 17, 2016 10:23 AM
Feb 2015
-ZET- said:
ixarising said:

No, just Alvarez vs FT. Due to Universe One, every location changed, no one knows where FT guild is currently at. FT members know the location because of Zera only and that voice can only be heard by FT members.

I don't think we're jumping ahead to the fights, FT will probably regroup everyone from the guild and that will take at least 1 - 2chapters, then the rest of the other guilds, 4Gods of Ishigar, Crime Sorciere+Oracion Seis and Gildarts might appear aswell.

The thing is, everyone has already fought and seen the power of the Spriggans, there's no way they're just letting FT handle this matter alone, it has already made it clear before that this fight doesn't belong to FT alone but everyone else.

Natsu and his friends are already prepared for battle and with a title like "I'm Hungry as Hell" i don't think we'll get any of those one or two chapters you think we'll get.

They've seen the power of the Spriggan and have overcame it. Hell Laxus even beat one on his own. >_> And if someone beat Neinhart, then automatically 4 Spriggan would be down, 5 if you include Brandish.

Besides, Mashima always lets FT and FT solely to shine. Just check out all the past arcs, how many times did other guilds get involved in the final/boss battle, how many times did they remain significant in those fights? The other guilds won't get their chance here, Mashima won't let them have it. Just see the Avatar arc alone, just because Gajeel was in the Council, he literally did nothing except arresting them after they got beaten by Natsu and the others. That's just how Mashima handle things, FT is always the hero.
Jul 17, 2016 12:43 PM
Jul 2015
The battle that's about to begin will shake the planet. Can't wait to read the next chapter.
Jul 17, 2016 12:53 PM

Jul 2007
AllenNoah said:
Fai said:

Yay they have an army! Oh wait, Avatar did too and Nasu pretty much oneshotted them
Yay they have the dude who got defeated by fanservice, the dude who was supposedly strongest on the continent yet got oneshotted and is making shitty silly unfunny poses now, the grill who was too busy messing around and got defeated by a loli, the girl who barked like a dog and bunch of other losers.

Friendly Reminder that till now, Spriggans did jack shit that would have any sort of consequences. Nor have they won a single victory, nor have they achieved anything important. The wind dude with the staff at the start of the manga had more impact and felt more threatening than those jokers.

When you have to asspull a gary stu with MC's last name out of nowhere , while making statements like "he can defeat acknologia!", you know you dun gufed writing villains. This literally feels like when Kishimoto brought back bunch of zombie fodder in nardo to prolong the arc.

3/5

Hey now let's be fair here:
Badd cured Laxus' MBP and Brandish cured Natsu's tumor. They may be the best help Fairy Tail's gotten the entire series.

Brandish also saved Mira! Because obviously making a wound smaller in the heart will help, wayt what
Jul 17, 2016 4:25 PM
Oct 2013
Without trying to be offensive, please write down if you gave any fucks!
I wanna see if this list makes two diggets, because I sure didn´t.

Just write down I gave a fuck! After a week I count the entries and we´ll look over the results.
Jul 17, 2016 8:52 PM
Apr 2016
Isterio said:
Without trying to be offensive, please write down if you gave any fucks!
I wanna see if this list makes two diggets, because I sure didn´t.

Just write down I gave a fuck! After a week I count the entries and we´ll look over the results.

Lol, I donno what you meant there, but I'm hyped AF to see Serena back in action. He's a joke character with all the dancing, but I still like him a LOT :D

Dimaria is done playing games, so she's probably gonna kill without striping people.

Jacob and Ajeel are done playing games too, good to know.

But knowing it's fairy tail, all the hype is gonna get shitted on, especially after Natsu's cringe worthy end statement for the chapter. I definely see Erza soloing Eileen (lol) and Natsu one shotting larcade
Jul 18, 2016 3:05 AM

May 2015
Where is Gildarts for fuck sake?!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 18, 2016 3:26 AM
Jun 2009
f1ll1p1 said:
I think it will be Gildarts vs All he was out before the magic games, probably training a lot! I 'm rooting for Gildarts vs All Spriggan or at least Gildarts vs August and Eileen.

I highly doubt Gildarts is strong enough for the 12, probably not even for August.
Why? Mavis' face when she sees August and Irene makes me think she's never been in the presence of someone that strong (well maybe apart from Zeref).

The options I see are Irene aligning with her daughter, Brandish with Lucy ot something like that, or Natsu going E.N.D., or Achnologia coming back to one shot a few more mages.
Jul 18, 2016 6:34 AM
Nov 2015
geearf said:
f1ll1p1 said:
I think it will be Gildarts vs All he was out before the magic games, probably training a lot! I 'm rooting for Gildarts vs All Spriggan or at least Gildarts vs August and Eileen.

I highly doubt Gildarts is strong enough for the 12, probably not even for August.
Why? Mavis' face when she sees August and Irene makes me think she's never been in the presence of someone that strong (well maybe apart from Zeref).

The options I see are Irene aligning with her daughter, Brandish with Lucy ot something like that, or Natsu going E.N.D., or Achnologia coming back to one shot a few more mages.

August, Irene and Larcade's presence.

FrozenRaider said:
Where is Gildarts for fuck sake?!

In a bar, drinking booze and flirting with women.
Jul 18, 2016 7:13 AM
Sep 2014
So Ajeel tanked the Jupiter Cannon but Wahl died to blood...
Jul 18, 2016 7:55 AM

Nov 2014
Why do I feel like they'll just blast through the Spriggan 12 classic FT style without losing any members. I can feel the tone on Natsu's line...

Look here, God Serena, August, Eileen, Rahkid these 4 alone could rekt FT. Why do I get a feeling that FT will just take them down with ease.
Jul 18, 2016 8:34 AM

Apr 2008
MantaBaby said:
Why do I feel like they'll just blast through the Spriggan 12 classic FT style without losing any members. I can feel the tone on Natsu's line...

Look here, God Serena, August, Eileen, Rahkid these 4 alone could rekt FT. Why do I get a feeling that FT will just take them down with ease.

God serena and the other two spriggans will disappear the moment someone knocks out Ninehart. They have a HUGE weakness to them now
Jul 18, 2016 9:00 AM
Jul 2016
We can see that shit is going to get serious here, every spriggran seems to want revenge except for brandish who is sort of upset. From now onwards it might be difficult for the fairies to fight because their tactician, Mavis, can't think thanks to that collar she has. As for Natsu, Lucy, Juvia, Gray and Erza they seem to have high hopes and during the battle they will surely recieve reinforcements. The fight against the 'common soldiers' shall be easy since Natsu and Company have gain more strength from training when Fairy Tail disbanded, Natsu and Erza will surely take out most of the soldiers. Lucy might reveal a new stardress, I'm hoping for Scorpio form or Capricorn form, or maybe once again Aries form because we didn't see its powers. As for the historias, I think it will be easier than defeating the spriggan twelve who are alive.

Here is one of my theories; If Eileen takes out Fairy Heart from Mavis, Mavis might die causing [maybe] some sort of big reaction on Zeref.
And that Natsu and Zeref will have a small encounter in chapter 495 but a spriggan will interupt in form to protect Zeref
SpaceUnicorn07Jul 18, 2016 9:10 AM
Jul 18, 2016 9:34 AM
Apr 2016
Okay... unpopular opinion but after the buildup and seeing the character's reactions to the strength of the spriggans if there aren't some MC deaths -I don't want anyone to die but like they kind of have to? The people they're facing seem WAAAY much stronger than most of them- I'm going to be quite underwhelmed but It wouldn't be a surprise given the two 'deaths' we've already had this arc if everyone is fine and dandy after this fight :/
Frayne123Jul 18, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 18, 2016 11:51 AM

Oct 2015
a lot of shit happened and gildartz didnt show up yet, well i guess he became so strong the he could destroy 8/9 spriggans alone, i think he'll make a big appearence when natsu's is in a big pinch or something like that, or meybe taking zeref on ? OH GOD THE HYPE IS REAL
Jul 18, 2016 11:52 AM

Oct 2015
Anonime2001 said:

1.Rakheid vs Acnologia
2.Invel vs Gray
3.Eileen vs Erza
4.August vs Gildart
5.Neinhart vs Jellal
6.Dimaria vs Wendy
7.Walt vs Laxus
11.Ajeel vs Natsu

And then maybe

13.Gray vs END

And then

actually i dont think natsu will fight Azir
Jul 18, 2016 12:47 PM

Sep 2013
Mavis btfo XD

Zeref has his full force now minus 3 who are memoria.
Some other forces and gildarts should ome soon to clear the way and beat some top tier spriggan.
Jul 18, 2016 1:24 PM

Apr 2008
ichii_1 said:
Mavis btfo XD

Zeref has his full force now minus 3 who are memoria.
Some other forces and gildarts should ome soon to clear the way and beat some top tier spriggan.

Acnologia should be coming back soon. I mean the fucker can fly
Jul 18, 2016 1:31 PM

Dec 2015
I'm still intrigued to see how A-1 Pictures is going to adapt this arc into animation.
0ni_LinkJul 18, 2016 5:43 PM
Jul 18, 2016 1:56 PM
Oct 2013
frostmourn said:

Lol, I donno what you meant there, but I'm hyped AF to see Serena back in action. He's a joke character with all the dancing, but I still like him a LOT :D

Dimaria is done playing games, so she's probably gonna kill without striping people.

But knowing it's fairy tail, all the hype is gonna get shitted on, especially after Natsu's cringe worthy end statement for the chapter. I definely see Erza soloing Eileen (lol) and Natsu one shotting larcade

I gave this chapter a 1/5 because it´s obvious trolling. It just won´t amount into anything. Even if it does, the chance has been missed several times so that there is no suspense left to be had.

Even if the 3 "hyped" Spriggans, August Irene and Rakheid are competent, that leaves still 8 incompetent idiots, of whom 3 got themselves killed and one secretary whose power probably will turn out to be not suited for battle.

Furthermore I´m really at odds with that dumb fakeout statement of "He has the potential to defeat even Acnologia". Although Irene/Eileen was randomly elevated to August´s level just to clarify that August is the strongest entity anyway, effectively making her the 2nd strongest Spriggan, she had the decency to not proclaim herself stronger than Acnologia out of the blue. Who is the strongest being Hiro Mashima has introduced in his story yet.
Given Hiro Mashima´s history with such statements it´s obvious that it´s just a red herring an obvious one at that, as fake as Lucy´s deathflag talk that hasn´t lead up to a single casuality yet, but to two reversed death scenes instead and two people getting their cancer healed. Which brings me to my statement.

I just want to know, if people were actively amazed about this setup chapter and have expectations that excite them of what´s to happen in the coming chapters. They may express this notion because I´d like to make a list and see if it´s numbers will reach two diggits.
Jul 18, 2016 3:14 PM
Apr 2016
Brakkan said:
I'm still intrigued to see how A1-Pictures is going to adapt this arc into animation.

I hope they're gonna leave fairy tail alone and give it to a competent studio unless they're gonna make it like the original fairy tail. Ft 2014 was bad enough.
Jul 18, 2016 4:05 PM
Oct 2013
frostmourn said:

I hope they're gonna leave fairy tail alone and give it to a competent studio unless they're gonna make it like the original fairy tail. Ft 2014 was bad enough.

I doubt that the studio matters when it comes to the adaptations of Big name Shounen. They just reach the point where they advertise themselves through their existance alone. The studios know this, therefore not much work is put into their creation, enabling them to utilize the accumulated funds for adaptations or original content that lacks those privileges, which requires quality work to aquire noteworthy income.
Jul 18, 2016 5:42 PM
Oct 2014
Fai said:

3/5

The resurrections are definitely asspulls.Even with the rules he set up before, Historia of Corpses worked by reviving enemies killed by someone:The spriggans didn't kill each other.

With Eileen casually casting a country-level spell that basically economically destroyed Fiore forever, and August supposedly being stronger, he should easily be able to just incinerate everything from Ishgar that passes over the mountain tops into his line of sight. Otherwise, Brandish would clearly be stronger than him as she can do the same kind of auto hit instant kill with shrinking/expansion magic. I at least hope Hiro will actually use some long range bombardment on FT, especially Wahlrict since he's already shown he can casually snipe from hundreds of kilometers. Unfortunately, as is typical with magic in FT, nothing he uses actually does more than scratches or burns, an actual sniper rifle like attack would seem much more dangerous.

August should be able to fly since it's already been said wind mages can fly, and with 'mastery of all elements' it should be easy to do. Or set up a barrier guarding the whole army and guild hall. Or manipulate space to prevent the obvious strategy of using the teleporter guy to teleport in and then quickly teleport Mavis out, which FT should doubtlessly try to use in one way or another. Or simply control all elements as they are being manipulated by enemies to render them harmless/turn around the attack back at them, just as was done before with Natsu vs Fire Phantom Lord guy who had mastery over all fire. Or manipulate light to become invisible. Or use Fairy Law. Or manipulate the metal in Erza's armor to form spikes and pierce her to unavoidably instant kill her. Or countless other things, his versatility really should be off the charts if he can use every conceivable element at country-level power.

If Erza doesn't use her BS "Bend laws of magic" armor I would see it as really illogical too since now is basically the time to pull out every possible tool. Even that shouldn't be enough though if the Spriggans were actually able to just use their powers to a decent extent. If Brandish were to become a traitor, she should still be killable if Dimaria just stops time, or the one killed by fanservice guy just teleports her to his other dimension thing or whatever so she can't target them.

The Rakheid guy being able to kill Acnologia is definitely ridiculous even if light has an elemental advantage against Acnologia, because it's already been said that one would need Fairy Heart(infinite mana) to win. Despite Acnologia already having been held off by Igneel at the one island which contradicts that completely.

My expectation is that the ensuing episodes will be a clusterfuck of battles going on, full of many more asspulls allowing the spriggans to be killed again easily.
Jul 19, 2016 2:05 AM
Apr 2016
Isterio said:
frostmourn said:

I gave this chapter a 1/5 because it´s obvious trolling. It just won´t amount into anything. Even if it does, the chance has been missed several times so that there is no suspense left to be had.

Even if the 3 "hyped" Spriggans, August Irene and Rakheid are competent, that leaves still 8 incompetent idiots, of whom 3 got themselves killed and one secretary whose power probably will turn out to be not suited for battle.

Furthermore I´m really at odds with that dumb fakeout statement of "He has the potential to defeat even Acnologia". Although Irene/Eileen was randomly elevated to August´s level just to clarify that August is the strongest entity anyway, effectively making her the 2nd strongest Spriggan, she had the decency to not proclaim herself stronger than Acnologia out of the blue. Who is the strongest being Hiro Mashima has introduced in his story yet.
Given Hiro Mashima´s history with such statements it´s obvious that it´s just a red herring an obvious one at that, as fake as Lucy´s deathflag talk that hasn´t lead up to a single casuality yet, but to two reversed death scenes instead and two people getting their cancer healed. Which brings me to my statement.

I just want to know, if people were actively amazed about this setup chapter and have expectations that excite them of what´s to happen in the coming chapters. They may express this notion because I´d like to make a list and see if it´s numbers will reach two diggits.

Remember me ranting about this? First the forced AF Eileen, now the next cancer larcade immediately elevated to be a counter for Acnologia. Natsu and Erza needs to look REALLY strong right?

Regardless, I gave this chapter 5/5 just for bringing back Serena and showing that the Spriggans are done playing games and are getting serious (till now most of them lost due to being extremely cocky). If Hiro plays his cards right, he can still redeem this arc into greatness.

Oh wait, how's Serena incompetent? He sure fools around and is funny, but the guy effortlessly beat 3 GOI and Jura and was taken out by the end boss.
Even August was blitzed the same time that Serena was blitzed, proving that Acnologia with killing intend can one shot ANY SPRIGGAN. So that doesn't make Serena bad at all, moreover he was just trying to have a conversation with Acnologia but too bad he didn't wanna talk

I predict larcade countering Acnologia by removing the souls he extracted from Dragons and then Serena fighting a weakened Acnologia (this time full serious Serena, no trashtalking, show remaining 4 elements and go dragon force)

For me, this chapter was a glimmer of hope that it could still be redeemed. There are endless possibilities now. For these reasons 5/5.

But if all this leads to another one shot fest, I'll die raging. Natsu's cringe worthy end statement is making me pessimistic for the future of this arc.
Jul 19, 2016 3:07 AM
Oct 2013
frostmourn said:

Remember me ranting about this? First the forced AF Eileen, now the next cancer larcade immediately elevated to be a counter for Acnologia. Natsu and Erza needs to look REALLY strong right?

Regardless, I gave this chapter 5/5 just for bringing back Serena and showing that the Spriggans are done playing games and are getting serious (till now most of them lost due to being extremely cocky). If Hiro plays his cards right, he can still redeem this arc into greatness.

Oh wait, how's Serena incompetent? He sure fools around and is funny, but the guy effortlessly beat 3 GOI and Jura and was taken out by the end boss.
Even August was blitzed the same time that Serena was blitzed, proving that Acnologia with killing intend can one shot ANY SPRIGGAN. So that doesn't make Serena bad at all, moreover he was just trying to have a conversation with Acnologia but too bad he didn't wanna talk

I predict larcade countering Acnologia by removing the souls he extracted from Dragons and then Serena fighting a weakened Acnologia (this time full serious Serena, no trashtalking, show remaining 4 elements and go dragon force)

For me, this chapter was a glimmer of hope that it could still be redeemed. There are endless possibilities now. For these reasons 5/5.

But if all this leads to another one shot fest, I'll die raging. Natsu's cringe worthy end statement is making me pessimistic for the future of this arc.

You´ve got some valid points there, nonetheless Canaas summarized every flaw that comes to mind immediately when the setup is observed objectively.
I´d argue against the fact that the ressurections are asspulls since it wasn´t established that the memorias require to be killed by the one who has their memory and would be contradictory in Azuma´s and Kyokas case anyway since they suicided. The only implication given was that he creates them out of the memories of the people present. A superior version of Rufus memory make so to speak. Otherwise he pointed out all the flaws in Hiro´s writing.
It has similar issues as Kubo´s. Both introduce characters with "limitless power" that turn out to be limited whenever convenient. Don´t get me wrong all Shounen exxagerate their villains. The good ones though leave leeway for the good guys to win.

As he explained August alone should be capable of soloing all of Ishgar, given the fact that he constantly goes on about how Eileen is on a similar scale the two of them should annihilate the country within seconds with AOE.
I do understand that the concept of the villain dicking around is essential for Shounen, let´s be honest here Dragon Ball started it. But what breaks the immersion further is the fact that 8 of them have been beaten either casually or through C class characters (Shelia) powering up, with Serena being the sole exception whose life is now tied to a C level Spriggan´s tenacity.
The only way, the only one, he could become relevant again would be if he´d asspull himself to life again by getting his soul released from Acnologia and then entering the Memoria body which by FT logic makes the body real because it has a soul. But I digress. Unlike most other Shounen villains who leave or are ressurected after a bunch of time and come back stronger those guys died/got beaten and now are back without any progression.

Bradman still loses to Gajeel and this time he knows his Taliban attack.
Wahl still loses to Laxus, who hasn´t cancer anymore to hold him back.
Neinhart can still be oneshoted anytime by Jellal or a mage with a similar powerlevel.
Brandish is less interested in fighting than ever.
Jacob is still incompetent and is prone to be oneshotted by Natsu again.
Azir still can be beaten by an Erza that doesn´t go all out. And before people rush and yell "BUT THE JUPITER CANON HE TANKD!". Yes I´m aware that he tanked an attack, that Phantom Lord Arc Erza could take on and still go on oneshotting people.
Dimaria could be considered an exception, but Ishgar does have space/time manipulation wizards like Minerva and Nakagami Erza should be capable of oneshotting her anyway.

Leaving the 3 "capable" people and the secretary to surprise us, which leads to more complications that Canaas pointed out perfectly.
IsterioJul 19, 2016 3:13 AM
Jul 19, 2016 3:31 AM
Apr 2016
Isterio said:
frostmourn said:

You´ve got some valid points there, nonetheless Canaas summarized every flaw that comes to mind immediately when the setup is observed objectively.
I´d argue against the fact that the ressurections are asspulls since it wasn´t established that the memorias require to be killed by the one who has their memory and would be contradictory in Azuma´s and Kyokas case anyway since they suicided. The only implication given was that he creates them out of the memories of the people present. A superior version of Rufus memory make so to speak. Otherwise he pointed out all the flaws in Hiro´s writing.
It has similar issues as Kubo´s. Both introduce characters with "limitless power" that turn out to be limited whenever convenient. Don´t get me wrong all Shounen exxagerate their villains. The good ones though leave leeway for the good guys to win.

As he explained August alone should be capable of soloing all of Ishgar, given the fact that he constantly goes on about how Eileen is on a similar scale the two of them should annihilate the country within seconds with AOE.
I do understand that the concept of the villain dicking around is essential for Shounen, let´s be honest here Dragon Ball started it. But what breaks the immersion further is the fact that 8 of them have been beaten either casually or through C class characters (Shelia) powering up, with Serena being the sole exception whose life is now tied to a C level Spriggan´s tenacity.
The only way, the only one, he could become relevant again would be if he´d asspull himself to life again by getting his soul released from Acnologia and then entering the Memoria body which by FT logic makes the body real because it has a soul. But I digress. Unlike most other Shounen villains who leave or are ressurected after a bunch of time and come back stronger those guys died/got beaten and now are back without any progression.

Bradman still loses to Gajeel and this time he knows his Taliban attack.
Wahl still loses to Laxus, who hasn´t cancer anymore to hold him back.
Neinhart can still be oneshoted anytime by Jellal or a mage with a similar powerlevel.
Brandish is less interested in fighting than ever.
Jacob is still incompetent and is prone to be oneshotted by Natsu again.
Azir still can be beaten by an Erza that doesn´t go all out. And before people rush and yell "BUT THE JUPITER CANON HE TANKD!". Yes I´m aware that he tanked an attack, that Phantom Lord Arc Erza could take on and still go on oneshotting people.
Dimaria could be considered an exception, but Ishgar does have space/time manipulation wizards like Minerva and Nakagami Erza should be capable of oneshotting her anyway.

Leaving the 3 "capable" people and the secretary to surprise us, which leads to more complications that Canaas pointed out perfectly.

Spriggans wreck fairy tail if they're serious.

Serena solo's tbh

Jacob goes invis and claps = GG

Ajeel, instead of fighting in air now fights in land, he's literally a God there. He becomes intangible and drains enemies of water and kill.

Dimaria, no need to say anything Lol, unless Jellal learned time magic too from Ultear, she solo's.

Bradman goes straight for the kill. Macro and order to suicide = dead Gajeel

Brandish is trash tbh

Wahl uses etherion straight up instead of playing around = GG

Protect Neinhart and you'll get 3 free Spriggans.

Actually, as I've explained above, most Spriggans can easily defeat our main cast if they stop fooling around and gets straight up to business
Jul 19, 2016 3:55 AM
Feb 2015
frostmourn said:
Actually, as I've explained above, most Spriggans can easily defeat our main cast if they stop fooling around and gets straight up to business

Somehow i can't see any of the Spriggan overcoming these three: Natsu of the Nakama Power, Erza of the Plot Armor, Laxus of the Asspull.

Jokes aside, Brandish doesn't seem like she's willing to fight so it'll be Spriggan 11 instead of 12. If anyone beats Neinhart then Spriggan 7.

And three of the match-up seems fixed already.

Natsu - Larcade
Gray - Invel
Erza - Irene

And Wendy might take on Dimaria again.
Jul 19, 2016 4:30 AM
Oct 2015
Hmm a battle against a large army where the person to rescue is on a higher place with the strongest people surrounded by mountains of ice?? or rock??
Hmm where have i seen this before.....oh yeah

IT`S F**KING MARINEFORD!!!!!!

And then all the shitty characters are back in action, no no no i`m stopping reading this every week now and wait till its over
Jul 19, 2016 10:37 AM
Apr 2016
ixarising said:
frostmourn said:

Somehow i can't see any of the Spriggan overcoming these three: Natsu of the Nakama Power, Erza of the Plot Armor, Laxus of the Asspull.

Jokes aside, Brandish doesn't seem like she's willing to fight so it'll be Spriggan 11 instead of 12. If anyone beats Neinhart then Spriggan 7.

Natsu - Larcade
Gray - Invel
Erza - Irene

Lol, I'm not saying they will get past the Plotsu, plotza and Laxus; but it's definitely possible quite easily by logic (they just need to think)

True, I predict that Brandish being the trash she is, is going to be the reason why Spriggans are going to lose.

She's gonna betray Alvarez cause is perfectly fine to betray the people who raised you as an orphan right?

She's gonna be the reason why say least Dimaria loses/ change sides.

I definely see your first 3 matchup happening, which is why I HATE the introduction of Eileen and larcade, especially Eileen who came outta nowhere and is now getting more screentime than ALL Spriggans combined and is on the same league as August. She's gonna betray Alvarez cause of Erza's nakamize effect too, cause why not? Plus she has big breasts which means she'll come to fairy tail side by default.
frostmournJul 19, 2016 10:42 AM
Jul 19, 2016 11:06 AM
Feb 2015
frostmourn said:
ixarising said:

Natsu - Larcade
Gray - Invel
Erza - Irene

Lol, I'm not saying they will get past the Plotsu, plotza and Laxus; but it's definitely possible quite easily by logic (they just need to think)

True, I predict that Brandish being the trash she is, is going to be the reason why Spriggans are going to lose.

She's gonna betray Alvarez cause is perfectly fine to betray the people who raised you as an orphan right?

I definely see your first 3 matchup happening, which is why I HATE the introduction of Eileen and larcade, especially Eileen who came outta nowhere and is now getting more screentime than ALL Spriggans combined and is on the same league as August. She's gonna betray Alvarez cause of Erza's nakamize effect too, cause why not? Plus she has big breasts which means she'll come to fairy tail side by default.

If only Mashima is willing to put logic into things. In fact, if we go by Mashima's usual style what might happen next chapter is seeing at least 2 Spriggan being one shot by Natsu and Erza.
Jul 19, 2016 11:48 AM
Apr 2016
ixarising said:
frostmourn said:

If only Mashima is willing to put logic into things. In fact, if we go by Mashima's usual style what might happen next chapter is seeing at least 2 Spriggan being one shot by Natsu and Erza.

Lol ikr. I HOPE they die so that the manga becomes infinitely better, but I know that won't happen
Jul 19, 2016 6:10 PM
Feb 2015
frostmourn said:
Lol ikr. I HOPE they die so that the manga becomes infinitely better, but I know that won't happen

Those two dying together at the same time might potentially be the best moment in FT.
Jul 22, 2016 8:43 AM

Mar 2015
I acknowledge the effort to draw the million soldiers.

It is a good thing that defeated 12 are back again and re-start from square one. The real battle starts from now on.

There is no way Fairy can defeat them. There is no hope left.

4.1/5
Jul 22, 2016 9:41 AM
Nov 2015
Raijin-sama619 said:
I acknowledge the effort to draw the million soldiers.

It is a good thing that defeated 12 are back again and re-start from square one. The real battle starts from now on.

There is no way Fairy can defeat them. There is no hope left.

4.1/5

Fairy Tail and lose? The two words don't go hand in hand, exactly.
Jul 23, 2016 9:07 PM

Jun 2016
I have 1 simple question .. Who the hell is Rakheid ?
Jul 24, 2016 3:46 AM
Nov 2015
NoChillZachary said:

Um, he was introduced several chapters back and was revealed to be the White Dragneel last chapter.
Jul 24, 2016 7:30 AM
Jul 2016
NoChillZachary said:

Nobody fucking knows yet but acording to Zeref he has ''potential'' to defeat Acnologia. To be honest i don't think he will but let's see how this plays out.
Jul 24, 2016 8:53 AM
Nov 2015
Edolas_Mystogan said:
NoChillZachary said:

Nobody fucking knows yet but acording to Zeref he has ''potential'' to defeat Acnologia. To be honest i don't think he will but let's see how this plays out.

It could happen like the recent soul extraction theory that's been popping up on the internet says but I HIGHLY doubt it. This is Acnologia we are talking about.
Jul 24, 2016 1:22 PM
Jul 2016
TheUltimateOne said:
Edolas_Mystogan said:

It could happen like the recent soul extraction theory that's been popping up on the internet says but I HIGHLY doubt it. This is Acnologia we are talking about.

Yeah i still think Acnologia is the final boss
Jul 26, 2016 2:37 PM
Jul 2016
This chapter was amazing! OK so I have a theory about how we can save Natsu. In this chapter we were told that Eileen can remove and attaching magic from objects. We know that END is inside of Natsu. What if Eileen got on our side, and removed the END out of Natsu or the END book?!
Jul 26, 2016 7:37 PM
Feb 2015
nalu_shipper said:
This chapter was amazing! OK so I have a theory about how we can save Natsu. In this chapter we were told that Eileen can remove and attaching magic from objects. We know that END is inside of Natsu. What if Eileen got on our side, and removed the END out of Natsu or the END book?!

But E.N.D. isn't inside Natsu, E.N.D. IS Natsu.
Sep 29, 2016 2:26 PM

Jan 2016
eeeeeeeehm.... well This is going to be tough as fuck... ,fucking worst-case scenario. Mavis captured by Zeref and cant use her mind and ALL of the Spriggan 12 are back!! again and TOGETHER!! with a army of a million .. (Wahl, Bradman and Serena only as historias... even tho) Wonder what Brandish is thinking .-. bet She'll probably play a key role in all this later.. Irene can extract Fairy Heart from Mavis? o.O

How the fuck are we going to make a comeback with this... its all looking bad.. :/
By i have still the have high spirit for em! lets do this!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 11, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
Just how are they going to beat all 12 of those guys gathered in the same spot? Man, this will be tough.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 388 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

76 by a0o-kun »»
Today, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 386 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

113 by a0o-kun »»
Today, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 385 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

animefan8800 - May 22, 2014

120 by a0o-kun »»
Today, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 384 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

short_review - May 15, 2014

123 by a0o-kun »»
Today, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 383 Discussion ( 1 2 )

soul-reaper - May 8, 2014

85 by a0o-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.