Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 12, 2016 12:37 PM

Jun 2013
damn bruh new girl is so badass
Jun 12, 2016 1:18 PM
Mar 2016
Man , with 1 ep to go would there be anymore time for another one of those festa thingy?
Jun 12, 2016 2:44 PM

Dec 2012
make that season 3 a reality please.
Jun 12, 2016 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
Love the fight with Ophelia, that was nicely animated.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 12, 2016 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Flashbacks seemed to suggest that she was the friend who was taken away, Julis wouldn't go after a random person would she? This situation is kind of similar to Irene and Pricilla's situation from earlier.

Thank you so much for your time, and for your great answers ;)
Now i certainly know more about what is happening.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 12, 2016 9:44 PM

Jul 2015
ohohohoh what a surprise. I was expecting the Kirin/Saya duo to come save them, but nice to see Claudia and a quick tease of her powers. New girl really piqued my interest. She reminds me of Isla from Plastic Memories in a way lol.

Welp, too bad we're not gonna see the Gryps Festa this season. Hopefully there's a season 3. Also, if only the manga wasn't dropped :C

caught in the wonder
Jun 13, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2015
Tbh I think it is getting a bit boring without the festa and more talking less fighting. Still that old guy and the brother were nice.
Jun 14, 2016 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
I see.... This season is going to end in cliffhanger and suggesting us to buy their Novels, Since it's pretty uncommon for Anime (especially for School Battle Harem.. I mean Harem) to have more than 2 seasons unless they make a TONS of cash.

"Once does not simply to watch the Asterisk War without being ended with cliffhanger.)"

Also Julis doesn't deserve Ayato, Tsunderes doesn't deserve any boyfriend. Ayato needs to keep his harem going..
BarnMTBJun 14, 2016 8:41 AM
Jun 14, 2016 11:53 AM
Jun 2016
I just want to Julis and Ayato kiss each other
Jun 14, 2016 3:26 PM

May 2016
Real late to the party but so what...

Pretty cool episode. We finally get to know more about Julis and her past concerning her connection to the orphanage. Looks like the Integrated Enterprise Foundation is pretty much TAW's version of the Mafia. With only one episode left there's going to be a lot left desired. So count me in for a third season.

You know, when I really started watching this series it suddenly reminded me of something. In the beginning I couldn't figure out what it was but now I do.

The Asterisk War is a lot like Final Fantasy VII. No, seriously. It is. I mean, think about it:

1. A meteor crashed into Earth and changed the world, kind of like how Jenova came to the planet and tried to take it over.
  2. Invertia being discovered and then it's element of Mana being injected into people that would give them magical powers, very similar to Mako being injected into SOLDIERs after the remains of Jenova were discovered.
  3. How the power of Mana through Invertia made a tremendous impact in the world for better or for worse, much like Mako being a major impact on the planet in FFVII.
  4. While it's too early to tell the Integrated Enterprise Foundation may be this anime's equivalent to FFVII's Shinra Company.
  5. And lastly, Ophelia might be the Sephiroth of this show seeing how OP she is and that she has the power to literally "choke" the planet to death.

"What I want, Julis, is to sail the cosmos with this planet as my vessel."
"I thought of a wonderful present for you, Ayato. Shall I give you despair?"

Heh, heh, sorry. I couldn't resist. But yeah, mind boggling isn't it? Makes you wonder what The Asterisk War might have been like if it was like Final Fantasy VII.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jun 14, 2016 9:41 PM

Dec 2011
I knew Jolbert will totally pull that off, that Julis should marry Ayato.

And Ophelia is too OP, just what should be expected of No.1 in Asterisk. Everything we saw in the Phoenix Festa feels nothing noww, since the heavyweights are not even there. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2016 11:40 PM
Nov 2014
I dont keep up with the source material for this anime so I've been fully prepared for some sort of "get-it-over-with" finisher but after seeing this new chick and learning of the 5-man Festa, there better be a 3rd season! I've also always been a claudia fan but Ayato x Julis works for me, there will be a 3rd season right?
Jun 15, 2016 12:27 AM

Dec 2014
ok the episode was intense.. nice way to warm up the arc nicely
Jun 15, 2016 9:26 PM

Apr 2016
Well, there is one interesting character here. That Ophelia girl has a weird but very strong power that even Ayato can't match with, and she's from Rewolf. First time to see Claudia's Ogre Lux (if I remember correctly, I never seen it season 1) and I am interested of its power coz as I remember in season 1, Julis mentioned to Ayato that Claudia's Ogre Lux has to do with seeing the future movements.

Only 1 episode left and I would like to have a decent ending for this season. Looking forward to see how they will pull it off.

Meanwhile, I just laughed at the last scene where Ayato and Julis fainted, and Claudia only shouted Ayato's name. I find that part awkwardly funny. Julis got SEEN ZONED. :v

Jun 15, 2016 10:48 PM

Nov 2013
So... To those who have read the LN, do Ayato and Julis get together eventually or it stays harem all the way?
Jun 17, 2016 11:27 AM
Oct 2015
footmaster said:
First time to see Claudia's Ogre Lux (if I remember correctly, I never seen it season 1)
There were actually two scenes where Claudia used her Ogre Lux in season 1. First to knock Silas out at the end of first arc. The second was when they caused her to attack Ayato who came to her room to ask her abut Gravi-Sheath.
Heitokun said:
So... To those who have read the LN, do Ayato and Julis get together eventually or it stays harem all the way?
It's still ongoing & there's still no conclusion to the romance.
Jun 17, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2016
Ryuutobi said:
footmaster said:
First time to see Claudia's Ogre Lux (if I remember correctly, I never seen it season 1)
There were actually two scenes where Claudia used her Ogre Lux in season 1. First to knock Silas out at the end of first arc. The second was when they caused her to attack Ayato who came to her room to ask her abut Gravi-Sheath.
Heitokun said:
It's still ongoing & there's still no conclusion to the romance.

Oh I remember now. Thank you for that info. :)
Jun 19, 2016 12:28 AM

Jul 2008
And with 1 episode left, everything will be left open.
Jun 20, 2016 6:38 AM

Dec 2012
If all goes well we should be getting our s3 lol. This season has kinda turned me into a believer somewhat. xD
Jun 20, 2016 2:41 PM

Feb 2015
WUT?!?!?!?! that girl, orphelia is her childhoos friends ?
is she really julis's childhood friends ?!?!?! i mean, is she really ?!?!?!
isn't she a different person ?!?! i mean, she looks freaking different from what i have seen in julis's past. moreover, WTF with her power. is that even fair ?! she wasn't even using sword LOL. i can even call that a mosnter goddammit.

not only that the one which suprised me, wtf happened to the ending visual ?!?!? ayato's sister turned into Orphelia and the ending of the visual turn out that they were about to walk into the stage.

seriously, there are many interesting things happened in this anime lately from episode 10. moreover what just happened in this episode. now i wonder what happen in the final episode. i need to watch it ASAP. i think this anime just get more and more interesting to watch.

and i want more because of what just happened in this episode. i mean, season 3. now i want season 3.
Jun 23, 2016 2:08 AM

Jun 2014
That was a really cool change up in art.

And I love "winter" episodes. Anime always makes it look so pretty!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 30, 2016 5:45 PM

Oct 2008
wew! someone stronger than Ayato (far more than Julis) in terms of one-on-one? maybe that's the experiment girl of Eberwein is keeping as trump card...
4/5.

Jul 2, 2016 12:57 AM

Nov 2015
Ayato and Julis collapses
Claudia : "Ayato Ayato Ayato!"
Julis : "bitch is u blind"

Jul 2, 2016 6:03 AM

Mar 2015
New girl in episode 11, talk of joining the next tournament.. clearly there'll be season 3 in the works?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 20, 2016 2:03 PM

Nov 2013
Oh great, another one of Dirk's dogs.

She really pissed me off, with her babbling about destiny, beings without free will shouldn't judge others.

How Claudia disposed of SOB's doggies was awesome.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 21, 2017 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
Poison-hands girl was pretty cool... but it's kind of late to be introducing her.
Jul 4, 2017 7:24 AM

Dec 2012
Claudia.
Of course Ayato would decline marrying Julis. He doesn't like her like that and he loves Claudia.
Orphelia.
Dat fire.
Dem hands.
Orphelia rekt Julis.
Dem hands. Dat smell.
Ayato got saved, but now he has to fight again. lol
Claudia saved her future husbando! The true main heroine is here!
It pained my heart hearing Claudia call her future husbando's name like that. No waifu deserves to go through that.

Dat preview! I'm sad as well Claudia. Don't worry, Claudia. You're already the one true heroine. You will be left standing by default.

Claudia proving once again that she is best girl.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 3, 2017 5:17 PM
Mar 2014
Really dumb how ayato looked so pathetic and weak this episode. Literally the worst episode in the series.
Sep 14, 2018 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
So that old guy once again summons beasts and runs after someone would actually be capable of fighting him. What an annoying coward.
Jul 23, 2019 8:23 PM
Mar 2018
Would someone mind telling me how ayato knew orphelia? At least with the way he said "what? That's orphelia? No way!" It sounds like he knows her. But I don't remember them ever meeting.
Feb 11, 2022 10:46 AM

May 2008
Creepy Elfen Lied vibe about that chick.

Not sure why cutting a dog in half wiped out Ayatoe
Aug 8, 2022 11:23 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, Ayato is so lucky. If I was offered to marry Julis, I'd accept it in a heart beat! I also desire to live comfortably as royalty if I'm given the chance.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

151 by AttackONSUS »»
Jan 26, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

79 by vadoyager7 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

77 by vadoyager7 »»
Jul 24, 2023 10:33 PM

» How did you feel about this series as a whole?

sorames - Jun 9, 2023

31 by ejleon »»
Jun 12, 2023 4:21 AM

» Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenGamerHD - Dec 3, 2017

50 by VidipSarkar123 »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.