Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 11, 2017 12:18 AM

Jul 2009
Not sure I can stand this protagonist much longer.
Jun 20, 2017 5:35 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah Holland punching kids is not a good way to explain things.
Sep 16, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2014
Woah this got dark real fast poor kids
Sep 26, 2017 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, this episode I think really turned around the show tbh.

I really think that explaining more about Gekkostate and why they wanted to go against the Government was needed, that's what I kept wondering.

So they used to work for them and decided to they were sick of them killing innocent people and that's where Eureka met the children and took them in as her own.

They stole the robots too, I dunno how they managed to steal Government property lol. Even if they used it on the regular lol.
May 14, 2018 11:41 PM

Apr 2015
Man what the fuck is up with the script in this show? It's really bad, flat, and at times it doesn't even make sense.

Like when Renton was trying to comfort Eureka by saying "You really haven't changed at all since you were in the past" ...... right after she goes on a monologue about how she used to kill people ruthlessly for the goverment...

What? How is that an appropriate thing to say to Eureka at all? That makes literally no sense in the context of the speech. It would have been different if Eureka said something like "I have even less humanity than I did in the past!" or something like that. But no, she just got done talking about how shitty of a person she used to be, and then Renton responds by saying she's no different now ... but means it positively? I don't know what they were thinking.

Another part is when Renton gets mad at Eureka and goes on a long speech about how what she's doing now by going on missions is the same as working for the military (which to be clear, is a completely separate speech from the first complaint I listed). I thought the WHOLE POINT of that speech was that killing members of the goverment military and going on a war against the goverment was bad because it killed innocent people. Yet ... that wasn't the point of the speech apparently? So what did he mean, that going on a mission to stay out of the way of the bombers and not actually help the natives was just as wrong as being part of the military? First of all, if that is what he meant, that's not a "mission". They didn't go there with the express purpose of allowing natives to be killed. They just moved the Nirvash so they wouldn't get fucking BOMBED. Secondly, why wasn't there a realization in this episode that killing soldiers is bad? If Eureka completely changed her ways and became an advocate against the military, than why can't other soldiers be innocent in a similar manner? They finish a speech about how bad it is to kill people by .. killing people.

I mean, it was a good episode overall. But this show just does not do subtlety or nuance well at all. It's a pretty stark contrast from the first three or so episodes.
observing a woman's body
Jan 7, 2019 1:21 AM

Aug 2018
Fuck this I’m out. Hope they all die hideous deaths.
Jul 8, 2019 11:23 AM

Apr 2019
Fuck Holland, he's a fucking murderer and Renton gets beaten up for it? Fuck him. Renton should have demanded a formal apology, but he's too dumb and innocent for that. Anyway, I liked that the episode developed a little bit of Eureka and Holland's past.
Dec 7, 2019 4:30 PM

Nov 2016
I wondered why Holland would tick off like that, but the answer to that was quite shocking. What a dark past the members of the Gekkostate had...

On the brighther side of things, Renton finally became an official member.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2020 7:53 AM
Mar 2019
Yes the kids are annoying, but we’ve known this since episode 2; there are many other problems with this show such as direction and inconsistent animation.
I think this has been the strongest episode of the series so far; there was some much needed backstory for Eureka and a couple nice action pieces throughout the episode. The flashback of the nirvash totally gave me EVA ep 2 vibes!
Renton realized how blissfully unaware his upbringing was, with all of his knowledge being what he had learned in school, he doesn’t know anything about the real world. The events of this episode seemed to kick him into gear. This is a narrative theme that personally resonates with me.
I criticized this show in one of the earlier episodes saying how I didn’t really dig the whole ‘chosen one’ trope, I hope there is a good reason for why he so quickly connected to the nirvash (a la EVA)
Aug 22, 2020 1:47 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
calaveth said:
I guess I don't understand how Holland is thinking *at all*. First, why did he get so angry at Renton, and second, what about Renton's behaviour made Holland turn 180 degrees and make him a full member of the crew?

I am late but this is what annoyed the hell out of me during this episode

Dec 22, 2020 7:31 AM

Jul 2017
Not a great episode again, but definitely the best episode so far as it did have some shining moments here and there. Loved the scene where Eureka and Renton were fighting together under the moonlight, and while Holland was being an asshole to Renton for most of the episode, kind of understandable given the context of what he and Eureka had to go through with this place in the past while Renton with no context or knowledge about it felt happy about being in the area like that.
Apr 8, 2021 1:02 PM
Mar 2018
Man why the hell didnt Moondoggie do anything when Holland hit the shit outta Renton. Also Why does the military do the things they do... there no explanation. Kids are still annoying as well.
Oct 9, 2021 7:35 AM

Mar 2016
Let me just say that despite the reasons, Holland punching Renton twice is nothing but fucking immature. What a manchild to do that to someone who has yet to know a clue about anything.

Now, this ep brought some huge revelation, the real reason in the truth of the location. It seems that Gekkostate used to be a Special Operations Force tasked with doing the military's dirty work all without question. All those techs on the Gekko aircraft start to make a lot of sense now, so does their action. Smuggling organs, dealing with the mafia, they're all child's-play when the core members of the Gekkostate themselves used to be cold-blooded murderers who are capable and has massacred civilians without mercy. Eureka in particular is a terrifying sight to see. Imagine seeing her as she guns your family down without even the slightest facial expressions or flincing.

This is the perfect wake up call for Renton! Now that he knows of Gekkostate's past and more of the backstory of Holland and Eureka, he now should be aware that being a part of them meant that he will be waging and fighting in the war.

With Renton knowing all that, he has now finally become the official member of Gekkostate with his new room. Finally... I wonder how long has it been, a month, maybe more?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.