Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2011 7:53 AM
Mar 2011
zeper said:
hey guys.
how do i change the text on the links on my css.
if youl enter my list youll see its all bluepurple.

a {
color:#ffffff;
}

Change #ffffff to whatever you want.
Apr 2, 2011 2:29 AM

Sep 2007
Tithen-Firion said:
zeper said:
hey guys.
how do i change the text on the links on my css.
if youl enter my list youll see its all bluepurple.

a {
color:#ffffff;
}

Change #ffffff to whatever you want.

i want to change the Links(like the blue on and the purple one)
Apr 2, 2011 2:15 PM

Oct 2008
@zeper ~

You'll want a:link and possibly a:visited then...

a:link
{
color: #ffffff;
}

...should make links white.
Apr 2, 2011 3:32 PM

Sep 2007
Thank you both!
Apr 2, 2011 4:08 PM

Oct 2008
zeper said:
Thank you both!

No problem ~ just a suggestion I think that footer text needs changing colour seem it seems to match the background.
Apr 3, 2011 8:40 PM

May 2008
hello, kind people of mal

the thing is, i want to have multiple backgrounds for my list so that every time i open my list a different image shows up.
like when i open my list imgA shows up, and when i refresh it imgB shows up and so on . . . , you feelin' me?
i know it's possible (at least i think it is?)
question is, how do i go about doing so, are there any image hosts for this, or is this even allowed?
Apr 19, 2011 10:06 PM

Nov 2010
For some reason, even when I get rid of all of the lines of the table for my list (0px for every side, whenever it shows up in general list editing), I still get a line on the left side of my table that I want to get rid of. Any ideas to fix it / what I'm doing wrong? I've done nothing with CSS, as I have no idea how it works.
Apr 20, 2011 12:44 AM

Oct 2008
@ffwah ~ try replacing all your border options in .td1 and td2 with:

border: none;
Jun 2, 2011 9:39 AM

Feb 2009
I was just wondering hot to actually proper make a list design of your own. I've seen oother users with amazing list designs and i was wondering how to do it?

I can do the basic stuff for it as you can see on my anime list but i want to do designs similar to these people that posted on the List Design Updated .

Also, if you can make a tutorial, that would be a great help! ^.^

Jun 3, 2011 4:29 PM

Mar 2010
You've set your list to private, giving us this message:
"This list has been made private by the owner. Only they may view it."

List designs can be customized by the use of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), of which I reckon are millions of tutorials.
Jun 4, 2011 5:00 AM

Feb 2009
1NZ3RU said:
You've set your list to private, giving us this message:
"This list has been made private by the owner. Only they may view it."

List designs can be customized by the use of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), of which I reckon are millions of tutorials.

Oh yhh, i forgot that i had my list private. Something is going wrong with my list that's why i've put it on private for a while.

Will you be able to give me a link on how to do the CSS? I just can't seem to understand on how it works at all -.-

Jun 4, 2011 5:07 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah, we can't see your list, but nvm.

Anyway, those list designs you've been seeing on MAL are customized using CSS.

There are several tutorials on MAL, so for starters I suggest you check these links out:
BEGINNERS TUTORIAL ON CSS AND CUSTOMIZING YOUR LIST
Pre-Made CSS For Your Anime List!
Anime/Manga List Tutorials

Then, there's this club that should be useful:
Shishio's Custom Lists and Profiles (CSS help)
especially this FAQ
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) + ask your questions here!

That should be enough. I'm sure there are more useful blogs and topics but am too lazy look for them now >.<
Jun 4, 2011 5:30 AM

Feb 2009
metamorphius said:
Yeah, we can't see your list, but nvm.

Anyway, those list designs you've been seeing on MAL are customized using CSS.

There are several tutorials on MAL, so for starters I suggest you check these links out:
BEGINNERS TUTORIAL ON CSS AND CUSTOMIZING YOUR LIST
Pre-Made CSS For Your Anime List!
Anime/Manga List Tutorials

Then, there's this club that should be useful:
Shishio's Custom Lists and Profiles (CSS help)
especially this FAQ
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) + ask your questions here!

That should be enough. I'm sure there are more useful blogs and topics but am too lazy look for them now >.<

Thank you so much! ^.^

Jun 4, 2011 11:03 AM

May 2008
*thread merged*

I am a banana.
Jun 11, 2011 12:17 PM

May 2011
Been trying to fiddle with this a bit, the settings just don't come out right
Wanting to make the list transparent to see the BG and my background fixed in one spot so it moves with your scroll, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Jun 11, 2011 1:42 PM

May 2008
First, are you using mal's style editor or a custom style where you input the css directly?

If you go to list settings and choose to edit your style, there's a field under general to set the opacity:

If you're using the custom CSS style editor, then just add the CSS to the corresponding block something like this:
#list_surround
{
margin: 0 auto;
width: 920px;
filter:alpha(opacity=75);
opacity: 0.75;
-moz-opacity:0.75;

}

I put in all the browser-specific ones for cross-browser compatibility, but 'opacity' alone is probably enough for recent browsers.

For the background, set background-attachment: fixed; under the BODY element in the style (the mal style editor has a field called 'Background-Attachment' as well).

Also, make sure you select the style here, or it won't get used:
http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=stylepref&do=changestyle
Styles you recently created will be the highest numbered one.

I am a banana.
Jul 14, 2011 12:21 AM

Jun 2009
i read the tutorials for regular list editing and i cant seem to make my background not repeat and stay fixed so that the animes scroll only and not the background

what exactly am i supposed to type in background attachment and background repeat

because whenever i type fixed and no-repeat...nothing happens at all

please help me
Jul 14, 2011 2:07 PM
Mar 2011
Using CSS it would look like this:
<pre>background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-color: #000000;
background-image:url(http://example.com/blah.png);
background-position: center;

If you want good CSS tutorial check this: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
Jul 15, 2011 12:14 PM

Jun 2009
ok this helped me fix my wallpaper i just need some tutorials that are more focused towards a MAL list :3

edit:
ok so im starting to get the basics of css

but im wondering how i can change the title of my tables from "anime title" to anything like completed, watching, dropped?
sakaJul 15, 2011 2:37 PM
Jul 15, 2011 1:51 PM

May 2008
css is for styling text, not changing content..... but you can sometimes hide the internal text and put text after it with the :after selector. I don't recommend doing so since the anime title part is meant to be used for sorting the list.

the general way to add a custom heading is to put an image as the heading backgrounds, above the table for each status. for example:

.header_title { visibility: hidden; }
.header_cw, .header_completed, .header_onhold, .header_dropped, .header_ptw {
display: block;
padding: 0; margin: 0;
height: 150px; /* height of heading background images - adjust as needed */
background: transparent none no-repeat left bottom;
}

.header_cw { background-image: url(http://yourimagehost/header_cw.png); }
.header_completed { background-image: url(http://yourimagehost/header_completed.png); }
.header_onhold { background-image: url(http://yourimagehost/header_onhold.png); }
.header_dropped { background-image: url(http://yourimagehost/header_dropped.png); }
.header_ptw { background-image: url(http://yourimagehost/header_ptw.png); }

I am a banana.
Jul 15, 2011 2:29 PM

Jun 2009
oh ok thank you

btw what does the "cw" stand for in header_cw
Jul 15, 2011 2:36 PM

May 2008
"currently watching"

I am a banana.
Jul 15, 2011 2:43 PM

Jun 2009
oh wow *facepalm*

hmm can you also tell me how i can change my font color? sorry for all the questions
Jul 15, 2011 3:00 PM

May 2008
Just set font-color on whichever block you want to change. To change the default on the whole page, do this...
body { font-color: #ff0000; }
You can also used named colors.... so font-color: red; is equivalent to the above. You already have colors specified for most stuff in your page, so those will override that.

I am a banana.
Jul 15, 2011 4:00 PM

Jun 2009
ok thanks to you my anime list design is making more progress thank you
Jul 17, 2011 11:24 AM

May 2011
Hi, where can I post my anime/manga list design request?

Jul 17, 2011 11:32 AM

May 2008
For the most part you have to make your own. We can help you with parts you get stuck on, but you should take initiative in customizing your list -- because it's.... your list.

I am a banana.
Jul 17, 2011 11:44 AM

May 2011
Thanks for the quick reply. Btw, do you think I can still manage to make my own design with your help even if I have absolutely no knowledge in CSS and html?

Jul 17, 2011 11:50 AM

May 2008
Well it's easier than you think. You can skim a lot just by looking through posts in this thread, or any of the various guides around. Admittedly the existing guides are pretty overwhelming to most, but they can point you in the right direction.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=130580

The links to Ranivus' blog posts there are probably most useful to you. I disagree with the methods in some of them.... like using Word to format them. ~_~

I am a banana.
Jul 22, 2011 10:26 AM

Jun 2009
hey saka can you show me the code for putting a header on top of the bar that has these; All Anime Completed Now Watching Plan to Watch Dropped....the bar thats usually at the top of the page.
Jul 22, 2011 11:19 AM

Aug 2008
@CinatoastB3- it is in your list surround section:

Jul 22, 2011 11:30 AM

May 2008
Yeah that's the basic idea. You can't really add elements, so the idea is to put a top padding on the surrounding block and set a background that covers the space you made. The top header is the same principle as the individual status headers.

I am a banana.
Jul 22, 2011 2:15 PM

Jun 2009
@spine slayer thank you that was exactly what i needed...now i gotta go make myself a banner

also thank you saka
Jul 23, 2011 10:37 AM

Jun 2011
How would you be able to put more than one inline content without overriding the other one?

thanks

and it is possible to make your list bordered or rounded at the edges?( i know you would do it in a editing image software)
-Coraline-Jul 23, 2011 10:41 AM
Jul 28, 2011 8:50 PM

Jun 2009
im trying to change the color of all the font on my list but it keeps on only changing the color of the font for the copyright section
here's my code please help

BODY
{

background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: #000000;
background-image:url(http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4407/typographymallist.png);
background-position: top-center;
background-attachment: fixed;

color: #C8C8C8;
font-size: 11.00px;
font-family: swatch it, Arial;
}
Jul 28, 2011 9:25 PM

May 2008
sophy4ever said:
Is it possible to add more categories along with the currently watching, completed, on-hold etc.?
No.

CinatoastB3 said:
im trying to change the color of all the font on my list but it keeps on only changing the color of the font for the copyright section
here's my code please help
I can't see your current style, since it's private atm, but you surely have a font-family or font set on a deeper element that is overriding your body style. It's called a Cascading Style Sheet because of the cascading inheritance of the blocks inside it. So, if you simply remove all the other font-family and font lines, it will inherit the font from your body tag. Hope it helps you~

StarSky said:
How would you be able to put more than one inline content without overriding the other one?
Regretfully you can't set multiple backgrounds for a single block (yet... css3 does allow for it but browsers don't support it well for now). What you can do is target any other blocks you can grab, perhaps surrounding that one, or grabbing individual spans or divs. If you really need a lot of them them, and can't work them into a single background, then you could grab elements inside the list rows that aren't used for much (like the spans for airing status, or cells in each row of a column you don't use... perhaps with the :nth-child selector, being careful to hide any that you don't use with a display: none).

StarSky said:
and it is possible to make your list bordered or rounded at the edges?( i know you would do it in a editing image software)

If you want to round the corners of the entire list and your design isn't broken between categories you can do something like:
#list_surround {
background: #ddd; /* or whatever you wish */

-moz-border-radius: 10px;
-webkit-border-radius: 10px;
border-radius: 10px;
}

If you want each category in a separate rounded block then you have to use images. Basically you attach the top corners to the bottom of the header background for each, and you set the bottom corners as the background for the .category_totals divs at the bottom of each. Set the height of each of these blocks to the height of your image so they line up properly. You just match them to the background of the individual list rows, That way it gives the illusion that they are one block.

For best transparency effect, use PNG-24 when you export from photoshop (or gimp or your choice of image editor). PNG-24 allows you to use alpha transparency which means your corners will look nice and smooth and transparent. This way you can put another background behind them and they'll show through. Older versions of IE might have issues with transparency however, which require some hacks if you care.
sakaJul 28, 2011 9:59 PM

I am a banana.
Jul 29, 2011 9:00 AM

Jun 2009
alright i fixed my font color but i was wondering if it was possible to move my list like a couple pixels so that its perfectly aligned with my background
or is the list only able to be aligned right,left, and centered
Jul 29, 2011 9:26 AM

May 2008
#list_surround {
padding-top: 40px;
}

That would move your list down 40 pixels. If your list is centered, then you should also center your background, because people at higher resolutions may not see the same thing you do:

I am a banana.
Jul 29, 2011 6:06 PM

Jun 2009
gah!!! when i put my background to center...it is centered but cuts off some of the background....but then when i put top-center or bottom-center....the whole background shows, but its not centered with my list....css is frustrating i just want my whole background to show and to be centered D:
BlueNishikiJul 29, 2011 8:23 PM
Jul 29, 2011 11:19 PM

May 2008
Make a smaller background, and adjust the width of your list (or get a better monitor). :3

I am a banana.
Jul 30, 2011 5:51 AM

Jun 2009
Hello

I need to know If I can reset my wallpaper. The one I have one doesn't fit at all and I want to change it, but just can't. Tried to upload other wallps, but it still remains the same.
Jul 30, 2011 9:03 AM

Jun 2009
so i made some more adjustments and finally i think it is perfectly aligned
Aug 15, 2011 9:18 PM

May 2011
Is there a way to collapse the red boxed section or would I have to use a CSS sheet and customize ?

http://i54.tinypic.com/97mjw8.png
Aug 28, 2011 1:57 PM

Jul 2011
Can someone give me a code or a way to make my list transparent? I dont really care which way, but can u tell me how? Please and thank you! :)
Aug 28, 2011 3:23 PM

Jun 2008
jonathanexp said:
Can someone give me a code or a way to make my list transparent? I dont really care which way, but can u tell me how? Please and thank you! :)

If it's just that, Mal has a choice for opacity setting for that. Just press edit next to your profile choice and then "My list Style". You will see it right there.
Aug 28, 2011 4:10 PM

Jul 2011
Monad said:
jonathanexp said:

If it's just that, Mal has a choice for opacity setting for that. Just press edit next to your profile choice and then "My list Style". You will see it right there.

I'm dong that, but idk why it isnt working :(
Aug 28, 2011 4:14 PM

Jul 2011
Monad said:
jonathanexp said:

Nvm, i foudn out how :) Ty anyways :)
Sep 17, 2011 6:40 AM

May 2008
How do I change the colour of the links in the copyright section?
Sep 17, 2011 6:48 AM

Dec 2009
saintcross said:

insert color:;
in the copyright section

example
#copyright, #grand_totals {
text-align: center;
margin:0 auto;
color:purple;
}
Sep 17, 2011 7:19 AM

May 2008
mikana said:
saintcross said:

insert color:;
in the copyright section

example
#copyright, #grand_totals {
text-align: center;
margin:0 auto;
color:purple;
}

That only applies to the text it seems, the links themselves doesn't seem to change.

Basically I've changed all the colours of the links in my list to white and it seems that have affected the links in the copyright

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

380 by mughal1999 »»
4 hours ago

» [Extension] MAL Enhancer

ShaggyZE - Jul 19, 2022

3 by ShaggyZE »»
May 30, 8:19 AM

» share your amv! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Animetwins - May 5, 2015

1012 by ekabu24 »»
May 29, 9:16 AM

» Aspiring Writer Looking for Feedback

YungStairwell - May 13

4 by YungStairwell »»
May 29, 8:34 AM

» [UserScript] MAL Date Fixer ( 1 2 3 )

NurarihyonMaou - Jan 4, 2021

106 by Aggnog »»
May 28, 1:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.