Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 21, 2014 5:58 AM

Aug 2013
I don't really care about the details, because the most important thing for me is if there's any x factor that will make me excited for the anime, regardless how godly or shitty it is.
Jun 21, 2014 7:12 AM
Aug 2013
Action, style, story, characters.
Jun 21, 2014 8:39 AM

May 2014
Characters I can understand and explore their minds, feelings, struggles, hardships, lessons etc.
An intriguing story which tackles heavy, high, or at least realistic concepts through said exploration. Something which challenges my beliefs and outlook on the world and myself.

Since it would just pure luck anything like that could come out once a year, I'm satisfied with action and a dynamic plot and/or characters.
T3hSourceJun 21, 2014 10:04 AM
Jun 21, 2014 8:58 AM

Jun 2014
Good art, an exciting story that at least makes sense, a useful male protagonist, cute girls, and some romance if possible.
Jun 21, 2014 9:35 AM

Jan 2014
Make me feel for the characters please. Also bonus if it has godly OST and art.
Jun 21, 2014 10:43 AM

Apr 2013
Hmmm maybe a really good character development and a well executed anime is what i'm looking for
Jun 21, 2014 11:25 AM

Nov 2012
Engaging stories that keeps you wanting to hear more about what happens next. Interesting characters that are likeable and developed as much as possible.
Jun 21, 2014 11:32 AM

May 2014
SanaeSnake said:
Interesting characters that are likeable and developed as much as possible.
What about unlikable, but interesting characters?
That leaves a LOT more room for actual development and gradual change, a satisfying character arc.
Jun 21, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2013
Nakama power, cliche humour and underage protagonists.
A lot of Deus Ex Machinas is also desirable.
Jun 21, 2014 1:35 PM

Dec 2013
Humour and good action.
Jun 21, 2014 1:37 PM

Sep 2012
Characters who act like human beings, and not like anime characters.
Jun 21, 2014 1:38 PM

Jun 2014
-The beginning has to be good. The plot must pick up and take off in the first 2-4 episodes.
-The ending must be CORRECT. Sometimes I like happy endings, sometimes I like the tear-jerking sad endings. But I HATE it when it seems like the MC clearly died, but at the very end is like "jk jk im alive guys." NO. Stay the f*** dead so I can enjoy my ending.
-The underlying theme has to be strong and not lame or cheesy. Some shows even have a good theme, but the plot is so horrendous, it mocks the theme.
-There has to be a supernatural element, futuristic society, mystery, plot twist, or SOMETHING to make the set-up interesting. I dont care if its unique or not.
-There has to be intense action, psychological/suspense, or horror or something that gets your heart pumping and/or your brain turning. If not, I enjoy corny humor.
-The characters have to be likable. No one likes a whiny MC. And there has to be plenty of intriguing supporting characters. They can be unique, cliché, or stereotypical; just not flat, boring, or useless.
-I hate to be an art snob, but sometimes I just have to stay away from stuff I dont think I could make it through 26ep of watching.
Jun 21, 2014 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
1. Characters that I love and care about. Even if it's a good enough plot, if I don't care about the characters at all it's a bore to me.

2. Character interactions with each other. Whether it be comical, serious, deep, or light-hearted, different characters interacting with each other is important to me.

3. No/minimal fanservice of female characters, although if 1 and 2 (and 4) are there most then I can easily ignore/sit through it. (When it's not tagged as ecchi I mean.

4. Plot/story.
Jun 21, 2014 2:35 PM

Jun 2013
- An original and interesting story which makes you feel excited to watch the next episode.

- Characters that develop throughout the anime in a good or unexpected way without erasing their main personality. Good character development is the key to a successful anime.

- An art style that keeps you glued to the screen. You simply want more eyegasms.

- No freaking light beams, sun rays or objects that should censor stuff. Uncensored anime for the win!

- No open or cliché ending. I want a clear and original end.
Jun 21, 2014 3:31 PM

Apr 2014
-No romance (or minimal romance. Preferably none at all, but that's hard to find.)
-Lack of fanservice.
-Fast paced. Something interesting should happen every episode. Ideally something action-y, but stuff that contributes to character development is fine too. No filler.
-An art style where the characters all have different faces. This is more difficult to find in a lot of stuff coming out nowadays, especially with female characters.
-Thriller, horror, or action elements.
-Interesting characters that either don't fit into a set archetype, or grow out of their archetype and develop as the story progresses.
Jun 21, 2014 3:41 PM
Apr 2012
Aside from my preference of rom/com or action/adventure/romance, the anime has to have proper character development, interesting plot progression, and heavy use of literary devices (which are applicable to not only novels, but also motion picture films).
Jun 21, 2014 4:54 PM

Jun 2013
Really good animation, decent story, for a change badass MC, humor and/or sarcasm, great soundtrack. Basically No Game No Life.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jun 22, 2014 4:57 AM

May 2014
I'm looking for a great character development. It doesn't need to have amazing fights or amazing graphics.
Also, one to die for are villains where you would have sympathy in the end. As they say, only great author can create villains where we will have sympathy over them.
The world is not what it seems.
Jun 22, 2014 6:28 AM

May 2013
I look for a lot of things, but more specifically, I look for characters with a good bond (typically romance but can be a bromance or family bonds too) and good animation.

If it's not got that bond, an anime's gotta try pretty damn hard to impress me.
Jun 22, 2014 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
The plot has to be good, the characters have to be interesting, there has to be a decent conclusion, unless there is definitely going to be another season, and the fights can't be ridiculously long or short. Comedy is a bonus, unless it's a comedy anime, then I am watching it purely for laughs.
Jun 22, 2014 6:39 AM

Jul 2013
Tits and ass
Jun 22, 2014 6:39 AM
Jan 2011
The things I look for in a good anime have alot to do with the characters. The person, or people who are the main lead have to be irreplaceable, as in the story cannot advance without said characters, and that no other character could take their place. Shows like Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Detroit Metal City, and Log Horizon among others have interesting main characters with distinct personalities that work well to drive their particular stories forward, and who without, these shows would not exist. I am not saying that I have a penchant for well-worn shows like these. Just that these were the first examples of things that came to mind where progression hinged on the choices made by the main characters, and where their personalities drove the stories forward. Stories like C, Sora no Otoshimono, OreImo, Korewa Zombie, Aah my Goddess, Guilty Crown, Valvrave, and Vexille, while good in their own ways, featured entirely replaceable main protagonists. While each may have had some differences, you could have substituted any one of these in another show and have probably gotten the same result.

Another thing I look for is either very good or very distinct animation. I greatly enjoy the beautiful scenes in shows like Aria, Places Promised, and Nagi no Asukarna, but at the same time, I have the opportunity to appreciate the time-honored and time-tested impressive animation styles present in Megazone 23, Bubblegum Crisis, Dominion Tank Police, Ranma 1/2, and Astro Boy 1963. Basically, having an open mind to any and every type of animation, no matter when it was made, is an excellent way to start.

Finally, I like shows in which the plot advances in a real way, and time is not wasted on needless things. While the occasional filler is good, dragging out a show like Accel World did with its final villain is a surefire way to make viewers feel as if their time has been wasted. Granted, dragging things out can and has been done very very well. Look at Ookiku Furikabutte as a perfect example of this. Palpable action that keeps you on the edge of your seat is the perfect way to set up a story. Boring, annoying villain who has long overstayed his welcome, is a surefire way to mess it up.
Jun 22, 2014 1:03 PM

Jun 2013
Character development. I want (particularly the protagonist) to experience loss and suffering and come out more mature and/or twisted than they were in the beginning. So yeah, doesn't come as a surprise that I like Urobutcher and Key. I greatly dislike stupid and incompetent characters as well as those that are just too OP and bulldoze through everything. Underdogs, those that strive to improve themselves and willing to sacrifice other parts of them (such as idealism), are the best.

Music. BGMs that fit the scene will make me remember the scene when just listening to the song. It's like recording the scene on the BGM.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Jun 22, 2014 1:06 PM

Apr 2013
Yanderes. I will legit watch anime anime with female yandere main chars as long as the art doesn't look like Aku no Hana's

Yes, I am shallow.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime fans ,how do u feel about slice of life anime???

Animystics - 8 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
17 seconds ago

» What Anime has the most genres & themes?

Zarutaku - Jun 11

8 by samot-frt »»
11 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

143 by tchitchouan »»
11 minutes ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - 4 hours ago

8 by SgtBateMan »»
13 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

110 by AngelicSuccubus »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.