Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 18, 2014 1:37 AM

Mar 2014
sugooooi
Jul 29, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2009
@#&^!*!@_!!!!! Those bastards violated Robin-chawn!!!! D:<!!!!
Dec 28, 2014 8:09 PM

Mar 2012
eh...didn't really like this episode.
Sep 2, 2015 9:20 AM
Sep 2014
sanjithecook123 said:
That Robin scene though.
Dec 22, 2015 5:54 AM

Jun 2015
lmao these dwarves are crazy or something they go 0 to 100 real quick xDDD

Things are getting pretty real on the other side.
Aug 5, 2016 8:08 AM

Mar 2015
Hnngh Robin's full body search was awesome, my imagination is running wild!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 4, 2019 11:16 PM

Jun 2016
I only just noticed that Violet is in the opening with the Don Quixote family. I wonder if this was a new addition, like when Blackbeard’s crew was added to the Marineford opening, or if this was always the case and I missed the glaring spoiler under my nose. Going off of that screen we can confirm that there are three major executives alongside Doflamingo for the major threats of this organization and a ton of little guys like Buffalo and Baby 5 to keep it interesting. And speaking of Violet, the episode started with her and Sanji once more and created a shift in Doflamingo’s plan that may be futile given how late it is, but may be just enough to mess it up. Violet was so moved by Sanji she proved she is quite the passionate person after all, she fought against her own men using her tear.. whales, I suppose she materialized her feelings, and then she tried to sacrifice herself; telling him to run and planning to take the blame of betrayal. However, Sanji being a sweetheart has been given a fantastic motivation to fight and be as hot headed as ever, he thinks Violet is indeed being forced to fight for Doflamingo and in turn she let him see her memories. Memories that prove what has been building up, that Doflamingo has been ahead of absolutely everything. I’m quite glad Sanji made this partnership because he is one of the best crew members for it. His quick thinking, protective, and even tactical mind means that he will act quickly and do what needs to be done. He instantly called Law to warn him with 2 minutes to spare, telling him to run. This still doesn’t answer the question if Doflamingo knows about Law’s play with the navy, yet with Sanji getting her memories first hand, I’d say it’s looking bad. I also didn’t mention last time but it seems Doflamingo is using the CP0, potentially like how it seems Law is using Fujitora.

We got a brief glimpse at the colosseum, not much was advanced but Luffy was shown to do his usual and quickly befriend the animal involved in the competition. The other notable detail was that the Funk Brothers clashed with Chinjao and his grandchildren before the round even begun foreshadowing them to be a major conflict. Then we got to see some more of Rebecca as she woke up from a dream featuring the toy soldier. As expected, their relationship runs deep, even shown to go back to her childhood. The soldier promised to be by her side forever and didn’t want her to join the colosseum, he even gave her some words of tough love so that she would stop crying. In fact, as he adorably road on the shoulders of Franky, he suggested that because Rebecca was crying they should hurry. I think so far everything has suggested that she’s put in a position that she needs to fight Doflamingo and the soldier is going against him from the background as to help her. He suggested that he would cry too if he could. With the link between her and Kyros, her and the soldier, and her shared hatred of Doflamingo with Ricky who may be Kyros, I think they all tie together. Lastly, he said that they should go the flower field, this being the same location as Wicka was leading Zoro. This goes to suggest that he is indeed working alongside the Tontatta.

Finally, Green bit with Robin and Usopp. These sequences have been some of my favorites because the two are a blast together. Usopp whispering to her from afar or doubting that Robin was holding a little person before seeing she actually was and screaming was so good. Then the Tontatta knocked them out with sleeping gas and Leo, a warrior of the tribe, showed he ate a stitch stitch devil fruit allowing him to sew Robin to the ground. Leo also stated that they can grow any plant as they did in fact create the giant overflowing green bit. It was a bit fetish-y, having tons of miniature people try and strip Robin and crawl in her dress; not that anything is wrong with that, and Robin had some time to shine. She deducted that she may be able to escape using her powers but if she could deal with them without doing so it would be best. It was some risk reward thinking, less danger, can secure Usopp is okay, and can make it out without making enemies with a colony of people. To her surprise, the oh so credulous little people believed her completely when she said she was a nice person, the chief even coming out and going through the exact same process moments later. The Tontatta, now characterized as quite naive and credulous as a whole, started to celebrate Robin and offer her food before turning on her again.

And that is when I laughed the hardest I can remember when it comes to One Piece, and know that I laugh pretty hard all the time at this anime. The moment the little guy ran out yelling at them not to strip Robin for weapons because she is “the heroes partner” it clicked for me. It is literally destiny that if Usopp is surrounded by a bunch of credulous, naive children then he takes up the role of being some amazing hero. Having me realize that happened and that there was absolutely no other outcome of this scenario possible had me laughing for like ten seconds straight. And we haven’t even seen him taking up the role of hero yet! I especially adore Robin’s slightly disgusted expression upon hearing how Usopp is manipulating these poor idiots.
Apr 17, 2020 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
Seems like everybody else is having a similar thought... the pacing is very, very slow.

Normally this would be awful, however, Dressrosa is proving to be very interesting with many, many different characters and stories, all of which heavily feature the Straw Hats. But yeah, this episode in particular actually made me pause and ponder about the pacing. I'm GUESSING that there was a BRIEF moment in the manga where Robin found herself in the Little People village, but the anime was tasked with drawing it out half an episode.

~~~~~~~~~~

I specifically want to comment about the Robin scene. Sexy as it was, lmfao, we should remark how rare of an occurrence this is... Robin practically never gets a big role or sequence in episodes. This has to be the first time in the entire post-timeskip that Robin was given so much spotlight.

And when Robin started crying out to the Little People "I'm not lying!" "I don't have a weapon!" "I mean it!" ... it reminded me of the Water 7 arc when she cried out to the Straw Hats that she wanted to live. It reminds you that Robin isn't just someone with a calm exterior 24/7, but is capable of getting anxious and fearful. I was starting to get annoyed with what they had done to Robin's character... just a sExY smiling figure that stood in the background all the time... but this was refreshing.

P.S. That hallucinatory scene where Robin's face was surrounded by ethereal purple flowers was sick. What a strange and out-of-character type of animation.
Nov 13, 2020 6:54 AM

Sep 2019
Ohh yeah without someone's betrayal (that girl from joker's family) there is no way strawhat's have any chance!

Like wtf wrong with that girl she was acting all strong and shit but at last she's a fucken bitch [she's soft af man :/]

She was like "ohh yeah this guy is honest an care about me so I have to free him” and on top of that she even told Sanji the plan and all like y buy a car I would give u the whole car factory lol.
Nov 13, 2020 6:56 AM

Sep 2019
Avenger-senpai said:
eh...didn't really like this episode.
agree, agree, agree, agree
Dec 27, 2020 6:59 AM

Jul 2020
Another amazing episode of One Piece which I loved the entire way through and I'm only writing this because I'm speechless
Feb 22, 2021 9:17 AM

May 2016
It's a good thing that Violet's change of heart was genuine this time around since Sanji was able to warn Law in time about how Doflamingo had no intention to keep his word.

It's amusing to see Robin this shocked at how gullible the little people of Tonttata are. I hope that they'll be of great help to them against the Donquixote family.

Aug 1, 2021 9:25 AM

Jun 2019
Usopp's lies. LMAO... Also, they were under Robin's clothes. This makes me jealous.
Aug 26, 2021 1:04 AM

Aug 2021
Usopp is the real Hero yes!!!!

Mostly just Robin talking to those little one's
I need Block C fight!!!!
Aug 18, 2022 3:41 AM

Dec 2018
last few minutes were okay, rest was crap (once again)
One slow Piece of shit
Frieza saga had better progression
don't get me twisted, i like this arc but HOLY HELL is it SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Feb 15, 2023 9:41 AM
Jan 2021
God ussop uwu......
Aug 17, 2023 5:21 PM
Oct 2019
Usopp is the Legendary Hero!!
Oct 4, 2023 8:18 PM
Feb 2022
Al final Sanji logro que Violet se aliara con el. Dejen en paz a Robín Tontatas. Cierto, ¿Que mentira dijiste a los tontatas Usopp?
Dec 6, 2023 3:46 AM

May 2021
Ohh she definitely hides something at point B , something very beautiful !!!

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» The fake one piece (anti-one pace discussion) ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 6 hours ago

53 by Merve2Love »»
8 seconds ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1093 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 10

95 by nickehhhhhh »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1092 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jan 27

59 by nickehhhhhh »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

42 by Sun_Chan »»
4 hours ago

» Why the pacing of the One Piece anime is actually good.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

46 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.