Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2020: Anime Edition - Sign Up!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2020 12:47 AM
Jul 2020
Hello!!! How are y'all going? Here's my criteria:

❅ Min-Max length (episodes): no specific (it can be movies as well)
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Psychological, Comedy, Romance (yaoi and yuri are acceptable), Slice of Life, Supernatural, School, Fantasy and many more (I'm open to new/other genres!)
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): the only thing that I really don't want is an artificial/forced development of the story and/or the relationship of the characters, only if it makes sense to the anime
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): no restrictions!
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): of course! It'll also help me to start it sooner!
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: for now I have only 19 but it's increasing so please take care at the "Watching" part
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: almost everything, but what is not there are things that I watched while I was a kid so I have no problem on rewatching them!
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Lalazo-Caide
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I will create!!

Thanks and may the fairy light be with you!
Nov 25, 2020 12:49 AM
Apr 2020
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): I don't mind on length, I can watch something seasons long or something short, I don;t mind as long as i enjoy the story

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Fantasy, Powers, Horror, Gore, Suspense, Friendship, Magic, Angst etc

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): slice of life, go-happy stuff

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 55 anime, 7 manga

❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes unless you count re-watches

❅ Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/profile/deathbedlullaby
Nov 25, 2020 1:13 AM

Jun 2020
Min-Max length (episodes): max is 50 episodes
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): shounen, supernatural, seinen, slice of life, romance, reverse-harems, sports, comedy
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *yaoi, yuri, shounen/shoujo-ai, hentai, ecchi, mecha, girl main protagonist (unless it's a romance), preferably not airing, avoid anime that is in the top 100
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): no
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): no
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 81
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: yes
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/jezrajane
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange
Nov 25, 2020 1:27 AM
Mar 2020
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Any length is fine but I am little scared of anime with 100+ episodes
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Good stories with good characters. Action isn't really important. Any genre is fine but I like Slice of Life the most. A hidden gem might be nice.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I don't seem to understand the Shounen hype. I have watched most shows from the Top 100 or so that I really wanted to watch but there are still some on my PTW and if you really want to recommend me one of those then go for it. No currently airing anime please.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No restrictions
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: currently 208
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ventovo
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange
Nov 25, 2020 2:02 AM
Feb 2020
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): I prefer anime with 12-24 episodes but if it has less than 100eps that's okay too.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Romance, Shoujo, Phsycological, Comedy. I like randomness in anime.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): * I don't like Harem,Ecchi,Music, Sports,Historical,Fantasy & Mecha. Also old anime.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No restrictions
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Sure, they can.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 430
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes.
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/1chigomilk
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange. I wanna create a gift too.
Nov 25, 2020 2:07 AM

Apr 2018
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Any length

Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Anything at this point. But I’m a little more into some top kek comedy atm. I’m looking to wheez my guts out. Perhaps something similar to/or better than Prison School.

Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): mecha & harem(unless ofcourse its really good)

Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No restrictions.

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No.

Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 97

Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sekushi_Dhoppio?status=1

Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf gift
Sekushi_DhoppioNov 25, 2020 3:21 AM
Nov 25, 2020 2:15 AM
Jan 2016
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): 12-24 episodes, but any length is alright. c:

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I really like romance as an only genre to an anime! Other than romance, I enjoy slice-of-life, fantasy, horror, or even action.

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I prefer for the title to not be found in the top 50 or so.. ^^

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): -

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes.

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 45.

❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes.

❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/catbug04

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I want to create a gift for another user. :)
Nov 25, 2020 2:16 AM
Apr 2017
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): Well I don't really have a preference, just something that's not like 500+ episodes long!
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I like most genres, but am mainly looking for something Comedy, Action, Romance, Fantasy (Magic/Isekai); Light Anime is fine too cause I wouldnt' have to use too much brain power HAHAHA. Am a real sucker for MC which are just naturally OP from the very start (Eg Tatsuya from Mahouka Koukoui no Rettousei) and kindda happy sad romance anime (EG Koe no Katachi, Tsuki ga Kirei)
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *Horror is a no go for me, and well I don't mind watching but also don't particularly like watching supernatural/vampire animes. Yaoi is a 100% no go too. Oh, and please try to recommend me an anime that's complete and is not airing/waiting to be aired!
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): My restrictions are as clear as my friend list.... aka I have none :P
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Sure why not!
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 127
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
❅ Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Matiasa
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Both is perfectly fine for me! But well I don't have much anime experience so pls don't screw me if my recommendations are bad!
Nov 25, 2020 2:18 AM
May 2019
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): 1- ~50
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes):I can give anything a try, so suprise me.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes):Hentai unless it's really good and hentai part is not the only focus
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list:261
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/tomou00
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I want to create a gift.
Nov 25, 2020 2:34 AM

May 2019
Min-Max length (episodes):

- 12+ (no max)
- multiple seasons preferable

Likes (genres, demographics, themes):

- A sucker for a good Shonen, also like Comedy, Thrillers and a combination of Fantasy/Sci-fi and Action
- A plot that's not too simple, or even extremely complicated, that will make me think about it months after finishing it
- A likeable protagonist (good animes with bad protagonists is not something I enjoy)
- Art style and good animation are important to me when watching an anime
- Don't mind adult themes (gore, slight nudity etc.) but not too excessive
- Don't mind score or popularity. Could be of the top 20, averagely rated or something extremely niche

Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes):

- Harem (of all types), Iseki, Sports
- Excessive fan service pretending to be an interesting character, nothing with overly sexualized characters
- While I don't mind these genres, avoid Romance, Mech, Slice of life
- Avoid stuff that's currently airing/gets a sequel in the future
- Avoid OVAs
- Nothing episodic

Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):

- Sub available online
- If on EU Netflix than that's great

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):

- Preferably no
- If you have no other option than pick from PTW as the next anime I'll watch

Number of Completed entries on your anime list:

- 65 (as of this post)

Does your list include everything you've seen?:

- Probably

Link to anime list:

- Here

Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:

-Elf Gift
Nov 25, 2020 3:21 AM

Jan 2020
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes):
- Doesn't matter at all, but the longer and more in-depth the better.
- romcom; slice of life; drama; mystery/thriller; psychological; any other genres are welcome as long as they are not from the dislikes list
- fantasy/isekai but only if it has good plot/storytelling
- post-apocalyptic settings
- great/outstanding animation
- in-depth character development and/or wordbuilding
- i would be interested to see an anime where the "villain" wins (like if Light won in Death Note)
- GREAT ENDING - it clearly shows how things turned out, it leaves you fullfilled and it doesn't make you search more on the internet(eg. look for manga/LN ending or explanations; so also no open ending)
- bonus points if it is well suited for the Christmas period(if it has smth like a Christmas episode/takes place in winter or anything of this sort)
* hopefully it's obvious but you don't need to look for an anime which has all of these, you can leave out some of the specifications if on the whole it is a great show/movie, same with dislikes
- Yaoi/Yuri
- action/adventure(i've just finished Shippuden so i want to take a break from these) - it's ok if these are not the main focus though
- badly explained/obscure psychological/thrillers (eg. Serial Experiments Lain - it just wasn't for me)
- MC that is either dumb or has general traits/little to no personality
- unnatural romantic evolution (eg. first kiss in the last episode, or an usual romantic triangle where you already know who the MC is gonna end up with)
- typical/cliche character types
- If i can find it on the internet subbed in english it's fine
- Yes, i have accumulated a whole pile of animes on my PTW so i don't really know anything about most of them
- 94(as of now)
- Yes
Link to anime list:
- https://myanimelist.net/animelist/mitzone
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:
- Gift Exchange, i may not have watched as many animes as other people here but i'd be happy to reccomend some to others.
TAUR_ALBNov 28, 2020 12:30 AM
Nov 25, 2020 3:26 AM
May 2015
Anything that isn't an ongoing long-tale with 100+ episodes is fine.
I like fantasy-action shows and good mysteries, but find something to enjoy in most genres. Good psychological is hard to come by. Well written, multi-dimensional characters are great, but it's also fine if the cast is just fun to watch. I've been told I have a thing for characters that are (manipulative) assholes.
Not a big fan of comedy Anime, slice-of-life and romance, at least not if that's the focus of the show. I don't like shows explaining themselves too much, especially when they went out of their way to show and then tell regardless. No Ecchi shows please and keep the fanservice to a minimum, I also really can't stand token perverted characters.
All are fine.
No.
Probably
Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nuimee
I will create a gift, that's half the fun.
NuimeeNov 25, 2020 3:36 AM
Nov 25, 2020 3:34 AM
May 2020
❅Min-Max length (episodes): Not too long so < 30 episodes is preferable
❅Likes (genres, demographics, themes):Shounen, Seinen, Psychological, Horror, Mystery, Drama, Comedy (Less romance heavy)
❅Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Harem, Ecchi, Shoujo
❅Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Anything I can find online is fine
❅Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
❅Number of Completed entries on your anime list:86
❅Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
❅Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kurizanu?status=1
❅Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I'll definitely creat a gift for another user
Nov 25, 2020 3:51 AM
Oct 2020
Min-Max length (episodes):i like 12 episodes anime, but if its good about 50 episodes (24 episodes, 2 seasons) is awesome as well!!
❅Likes (genres, demographics, themes):I like mystery and slice of life, but anything will do, really^^
❅Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I don't really like anime with lots of fight scenes and id prefer not mainstream XD
❅Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):Not really
❅Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): I don't have it so yes I suppose XD
❅Number of Completed entries on your anime list: dunno bro like 100?
❅Does your list include everything you've seen?: nah I don't put movies on there
❅Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/nene-chan_
❅Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I can do one in return!!!
Nov 25, 2020 4:01 AM

May 2014
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): 1-2 cour, but I'm not too fussed. Movies are also appreciated.

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I'm a fan of cute girls SoL, older action shows, comedies, honestly I like most genres so long as it's good.

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Do not like edgy 14 year old shows, by which I mean modern shows like Demon Slayer/ Promised Neverland type things, so steer clear of that. Just shounen in general is not really my thing, but there are still quite a few I like. Ecchi and Harem shows are also not really my thing, but again there are enough exceptions that it can't really be called a rule. Mainly gratuitous violence edgy 14 year old shows are what I don't want.

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Nope.
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No thanks, something new please.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 781
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes?
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/breadisdead
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange - I will give and be given to
Nov 25, 2020 4:03 AM

Apr 2018
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): max. 26 eps per season
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): fantasy, action, good sword fighting, characters that have diff powers/abilities, cool af, hot male character lol, bit of romance(not main genre tho), bromance :) , mystery
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Yuri, mecha, stuff that is supposed to have some deep meaning, slow pacing
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): no
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 300
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/KamiSara
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange!!

Nov 25, 2020 4:12 AM

May 2015
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): anything between 10 and 30 episodes is good
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): anything resembling my favs (or just highest rated) goes, especially if it's known for being original/unexpected, and is a good watching experience in general (so enjoyable to watch rather than just "objectively" good)
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): shounen tropes or cliches in general, anything with too slow of a pace (and avoid anything with a high popularity ranking, i haven't watched them for a reason)
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): none
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): no
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 821
Does your list include everything you've seen?: yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/theray888
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Exchange
theray888Nov 30, 2020 5:46 AM
Nov 25, 2020 4:22 AM

Apr 2018
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): max ~16 eps, don't let this restrict you too much
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): most things, unique concepts. Good Female character(s)
I don't mind if it's violent or graphic etc. Maybe more unknown anime. I like older and older style anime also
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): yaoi
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): no
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yes. Just don't recommend top 100 on MAL.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 451
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Hanazada
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: gift exchange.

Rin Asogi
(RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne)
Nov 25, 2020 5:16 AM

Jan 2018
Min-Max length (episodes): any number below 300 is fine!
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): difinitely horrors! I generally like seinen/shounen anime; fights, battles, etc, but also a good romance or comedy from time to time. Demons, ghouls, ghosts fascinate me so much! Recently I really enjoy historical series; or with any connotations to traditional Japan (such as in Dororo or Kimetsu no Yaiba!). Would love it if the anime had some nostalgia/melancholic feeling to it.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I’m not a fan of loud anime girls, who are constantly overreacting and yelling >.< also I don’t really find super long series captivating, for example Gintama, Naruto, One Piece… it just feels a bit overwhelming.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): anything i can find with english subs is fine!
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): sure!
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 73 (as of 25.11.2020)
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/yukyuuu
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange! <3 I will try my best~

Don't despair. Now's not the time for that.
But there's no way to turn back time.
Nov 25, 2020 5:31 AM

Mar 2018
❅ Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): No min length. Preferable under 100 eps.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Seinen, horror, psychological, romance, thriller, sci-fi, dark fantasy. Currently into slightly older stuff (1980-2010). Early 2000's is godtier.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): No battle shounen, isekai, sports, harem or shounen-ai. Avoid top 200 shows. If it's in the top 200 and not on my list, I've either dropped the show, planning to watch it, or I'm not interested.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): no restrictions
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Preferably no, but if you think it's the perfect show for me but I am simply unaware then yes.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 232
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: It should
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/SigurdV
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf gift

"Awoooo!" howled Holo. Fear gripped the men. Even Lawrence stepped back. Should they have
seen her fangs, he had prepared a cover story: that all sufficiently angry women seemed to bear
fangs.
Nov 25, 2020 5:37 AM
Feb 2020
12-48ish is preferred
No movies.

I like world building. I want to immerse myself in the world and characters!
Fantasy and Slice of Life

Anime aimed at a younger audience and Shounen
Anime currently airing
Anime in the top 200
Harems/Multiple Love Interests
Historical Anime
Sports Anime
Horror/Psychological
Action-Focused anime, (though it can include action)
Anime older than 2014 (the art style of most of these anime really bother me)

I only watch subs due to a hearing problem.

Preferably not.

Yup

Link to anime list:
My Mal
My Anime+

Gift Exchange!
LeahielNov 25, 2020 5:40 AM
Nov 25, 2020 5:49 AM
Jan 2018
❅ Min-Max length: Any lenght is ok.

❅ Likes: Romance, Comedy , Action, Isekai (not sure if that should be counted as a genre), anything sad, good OST (an opening I can lisen to in my free time)

❅ Dislikes: Horror, Clasical Shounen (One peice, Dragonball, Fairy tail - stuff like that), Ecchi (my brother's PC is next to mine, so something i don't have to explain when he looks at my screen), Really old anime. Pure Slice of Life can be boring at times (for example: Hitoribocchi, Fruits Basket, Yuru Camp), I don't dislike I just don't know where to put it.

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions?: Nope.

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list?: Yes, why not?

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 570

❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: About 95%. My dropped list is not completed.

❅ Link to anime list: (https://myanimelist.net/profile/Sprugin)

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I will, that is the fun part.
Nov 25, 2020 5:51 AM

Jun 2017
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Min:12ish Max:25ish, essentially 1-2 cour
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Artistic shows; lot’s of focus on world building and characters; action/adventure/anything with some thrill to it; I also like real gritty brutal storylines, feel free to check favourites and 10/10’s for a better idea
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): not a huge comedy/slice of life fan, although I am open to them if they’re well acclaimed
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Anything is fine, not in top 100 MAL
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Don’t have one
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 247
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes it should
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Bensmonkeybum
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Give and Receive
BensMBNov 26, 2020 12:10 PM
Nov 25, 2020 6:02 AM

Jun 2014
Min-Max length (episodes): shorter series would be better. 12 would be ideal, 24 is ok if it won't end up in cliffhanger/open (I need closure please)...movie is ok as well
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): action, martial arts, sports, urban fantasy/supernatural, heartwarming, comedy, postapo, shounen, mystery, adventure. Demons and horror ok as well
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): no ecchi (really),no romance, no dumb or annoying characters, no girl harem or any harem, no sequels of what I already saw , no top 100 unless it's already in my PTW...please check also my dropped anime list (and currently watching as well). And no webtoon adaptations (Tower of God, Noblesse etc.)
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): not really, if I can find english sub stream I'm all good
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yes, if it fits (since my PTW list is huge, lol)
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 410
Does your list include everything you've seen?: it should
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/B-Kiddo
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift exchange
B-KiddoNov 25, 2020 12:31 PM

Nov 25, 2020 6:09 AM

May 2018
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): I'm cool with anything as long as it doesn't exceed the 25 episode mark like One piece and Detective Conan. You can recommend me 13,12 or literally anything in the 25 episode range.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Genres[Psychological,Senen,Thriller,Mystery,Dementia,Mecha,Comedy,Military,Action,Romance,Shounen,Shoujo,Drama and Fantasy
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Genres:Harem,Hentai,Echhi,Slice of life and school
Any sub/stream restrictions? No any really (e.g. must it be available on CR):
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes since evading my plan to watch list will be impossible
Number of Completed entries on your anime list:190(but is not entirely that since I have a lot more anime which I've watched which isn't enlisted.
Does your list include everything you've seen?:No
Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/uaekoala69?status=2
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I want to be both the santa and a person receiving gift from the santa:)
Nov 25, 2020 6:16 AM

Aug 2020
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): any length
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Action, Fantasy, Comedy, Adventure, Horror, psychological, Drama, or your favorite anime if it is not in my list.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Yaoi ,BL, Dialogue heavy, Jojo
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions?:I like sub
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 167
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/TNT_IRI
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Sure, I can give anime recommendations (Gift Exchange)

Nov 25, 2020 6:22 AM
Sep 2015
❅ Length: I prefer shortish shows, around 24 episodes as a maximum

❅ Likes:
* Action (give me the best fights you can)
* Comedy!
* Fantasy
* I also don't mind a bit of graphic violence or some gore (decapitation and slicing of limbs and blood is good for me)
* I like strong bonds and diverse characters with their own solid goals

❅ Dislikes:
* I don't like over the top female fanservice (I don't mind a bit of it every now and then but if it's a core part of it then it'll take away my experience)
* I don't like horror

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions?
No restrictions, I'll find a way to watch anything and I do have a Funimation account.

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No it can't be on my list.

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 54

❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/CrowEucliffe?status=7

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I will create a gift as well as receive.
Nov 25, 2020 6:26 AM

Sep 2019
Min-Max length (episodes): no min. or max. length
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Just give me an anime, which is your favourite or think worth for a watch, except if it has something which I dislike
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): harem (romantic triangle is also harem for me), yaoi, shounen ai, isekai, horror ,hentai, stories which is set under the age of 18th century, fantasy, bad ending
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): no
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 289
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: yes
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/hardcore_weeb
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes, I would like to exchange gifts
hardcore_weebDec 1, 2020 11:10 AM
Nov 25, 2020 6:29 AM
Aug 2020
Min-Max length (episodes):it would be cool if the show can be less than 50 episodes. if you are suggesting movies , it should be atleast 2 movies and atmost 5.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes):thriller , mystery, comedy(like golden boy, samurai champloo) you can have a look at my animelist to get a good idea of my taste
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): please do not recommend me mainstream stuff , romance , yuri, yaoi ,ecchi , harem is off limits.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):no restrictions, give me your best
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):yea i dont see why not , but if you can give me something outside of it , i will be pleased.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list:79
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?:yes
❅ Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/mckieey?status=7
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:anything will work.

i am a bit new to mal , so im very excited for this
Nov 25, 2020 6:37 AM
Jan 2015
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): Anything between 1 to 100 eps.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I mostly watch a show if it fits to whatever theme I have decided for that month. But if I had to say it would def be Mecha or shows with high testosterone (manime)
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Probably BL, Yaoi.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No restrictions whatsoever :)
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: At the time of this post 734 completed entries
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Of course yes
❅ Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/LewdWarrior
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift exchange plz :)
Nov 25, 2020 6:56 AM
Oct 2019
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): I'd prefer something short, like 12 episodes or so, but around 24 would be fine too. Just no more than that please!
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): preferably, anime made after 2010, with good graphics. As for the themes, for this season particularly, I'd like something winter themed (like, for example, Sora yori mo Tooi Basho), especially Christmas-y-ish, but it might as well just be wholesome.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I don't really dislike anything, maybe only ecchi/hentai or too much fanservice.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): none, anything's okay.
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yes but I haven't added many anime to it actually.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 191.
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: no, some of the anime I watched in tv when I was a kid aren't listed.
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/BrianMadara
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: yeah sure, I'd like to do a gift exchange!
Nov 25, 2020 7:03 AM

Jan 2015
Min-Max length (episodes): 100-150 episodes.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Mystery, Adventure, Thriller, Action, Slice of Life, Shounen, Drama.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I hate isekai anime.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Nah, be free.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No, that's the meaning of the gift. :)
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 483
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yup.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ErnaSB
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange.
Nov 25, 2020 7:33 AM

Jan 2009
Min-Max length (episodes): Min: 10. Max... No max.
Likes: I like all genres. But there are not so much anime about adult forceful heroes in my plans to watch. That being said, the genre is really unimportant.
Dislikes: I wouldn't like Top-100 anime or Chinese anime or anime that started earlier 2000. Separately, I don't like anime about indecisive boys. Still wouldn't want an all female main cast.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No restrictions.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list: No.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: Now there are 293 entries.
Does your list include everything you've seen?: I think so.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/DollParanoid
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I'd like to create a gift for another user.
Nov 25, 2020 7:38 AM
Aug 2012
- 13 to 26 episodes max (for the first season if the show has multiples)
- I'm okay with a movie recommandation too

- Comfy slice of life
- Action
- Mystery / Thriller
- I'm open to anything as long as it's good, fun or interesting

- Not much honestly
- Avoid popular picks or currently airing please

- No

- I'd rather not but if you have no idea, sure

- Yeah

Link to anime list:
- Here

- Gift exchange
Nov 25, 2020 7:43 AM
Jul 2017
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): 1 - 56
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Action, Comedy, Romance, Dementia
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Vampire
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):No
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 362
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?:No
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/akaashi94
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes
Nov 25, 2020 7:54 AM
Jul 2019
❅Min-Max length (episodes): no min, no max
❅Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I like everything, from shounen to slice of life, any genre of anime is good
❅Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): notging too cute or kawaii, I don't like moe
❅Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): no
❅Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yes
❅Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 193
❅Does your list include everything you've seen?: No
❅Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Aurora_Rainbow&view=tile&status=2
❅Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I only want to receive
Nov 25, 2020 7:56 AM

Aug 2020
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): No minimum but enough for me to get invested but not too much in the hundreds number.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Either something wholesome (slice of life) that'd make your heart go brrr or something serious (political, psychological, dark fantasy) nothing mid. Maybe a good hentai??? One that's not just sex. I do want to know about underrated gems, ones that aren't too mainstream.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *I only really dislike themes that are kinda fucked up. Other than that i'm not a big fan of CG animes but if it's really good then i'd give it a try.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): none
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 137 as i'm writing this.
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yeah, everything I remember
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/erinacchii
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange. I realized i'd like to make some friends.
dompsterfireNov 25, 2020 8:01 AM
Nov 25, 2020 8:11 AM
Oct 2020
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): less than 30
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): seinen, dementia, psychological, horror, moe, slice of life
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): mecha, jojo, top 100, harem or reverse harem, shounen, overly hyped anime (?), dumb mc, sports, vampire, romance, cars
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): not really
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): preferably no
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 106
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: almost
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/pp_13077
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: gift exchange
Nov 25, 2020 8:24 AM
Sep 2019
- Don't have a min. Max would probably be 80 episodes. If you have a good recommendation that is a bit over that I will accept it.
- Avoid movies and OVAS, ONAS and specials.
- Shounen.
- Psychological, horror, psychological horror. And suspense.
- Comedy.
- Drama (I usually find romantic dramas dull).
- I like good character building and good character development.
- Avoid shows that are in the first 300 most popular. Even if I havent seen them I know about them and will probably watch them. If they are not on my planned to watch it's beacause I have absolutely no intention watching them.
- No isekais.
- No Yaoi,BL,Yuri.
- No shows with heavy ecchi or excessive fan service.
- If the female characters in the show only exist to be sexualized, avoid recommending that show.
- No sexualization of minors. I hate that I even have to clarify this.
- No Idol Shows and no show revolving around music.
Any sub/stream restrictions? :
- As long as I can watch it online I am ok.
- Avoid show that are on my on hold list and on my plan to watch.
I think I am at 140 more or less.
- Yes.
Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/IWentToJapanOnce
I am fine with either one but I am actually excited to recommend an anime to someone.
Nov 25, 2020 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): any
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): look ive pretty much been on an anime depression and been mostly grinding manga. so as vague as it sounds id like some shows that a) arent a manga adaptation (or are so different from the manga that its a completely different experience like k-on or gintama) and b) make me go "ah, that was why anime was cool", like maybe some cool animation or a unique aesthetic. something specific to the medium that makes it not just animated panels. it can be anything like some weird ova or ona. the story doesnt have to be super deep or good i dont really care if its nonsensical. i basically want some cool shit to watch
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): anything that wouldnt apply to the above
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): nah, doesnt even have to be subbed
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): nah
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 289
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Fran
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: hell ya
Nov 25, 2020 8:26 AM
Apr 2020
No minimum but I prefer to watch anime series with an episode count of less than 30 with the standard 24 min run. A single season should not have more than 30 episode however multiple seasons are always welcome.
I mostly enjoy dark psychological genre.
I will also love to see a show with great animation even if it has a bad plot.
I also enjoy shounen stuffs with good animation.
I also seem to enjoy moe stuffs and comedy too.
Although I haven't seen any shoujo anime, I would love to take some good suggestions on this genre.
No yaoi/BL of any kind.
No ecchi/harem shows too.(However, if you happen to stumble upon an ecchi reverse harem show do suggest me that)
Don't recommend from top 100 list as chances are I have already heard of it.
Also no anime before 2006 as I can't enjoy the old art style very much.
No such restrictions.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list?
I would prefer something outside my PTW list.
201 (as of writing this post)
Yes
Link to anime list:
Here is my anime list : https://myanimelist.net/animelist/OtakuDNP?status=2
I will do both
Nov 25, 2020 8:39 AM
Feb 2020
no minimum, nothing longer than about 100 eps
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes):
almost any genre(see dislikes)
im fine with both fluff shows and ones that make me think
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes):
i dont like idol shows or romantic dramas
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):
no restrictions
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):
n/a as i dont put my plan to watch on here
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list:
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?:
everything ive completed
❅ Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/BaronForneus
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: yes i will endeavor to create a gift for another user
Nov 25, 2020 8:50 AM
Sep 2020
❅ Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Min 12 Eps (20-30mins) , No max (longer the better heh) .
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Fantasy,Magic,isekai (preferred) , Romance+action (with happy end ^.^) is a must!
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Tragedy/Bad ending, Horror, Mecha , Disturbing plot, *Too* Dense MC (a little is fine but when the MC is literally stupid I can't take it >.< ) , Hentai (i have my own sauce ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No please! am here to discover new anime.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 90
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Lonke_
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf Gift (First time so I'll see how this works! Will definitely try exchange next year :> )
Lonke_Nov 25, 2020 9:07 AM
Nov 25, 2020 9:11 AM
Feb 2020

❅ Min-Max length (episodes):Less than 100.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes):Action, Adventure, Shounen, Psychological, Game, Supernatural.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Everything I don't like is in Neon Genesis Evangelion (Mecha, Sci-Fi, this type of graphics) and I don't prefer romance.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Sub anime. Anime Kage, Fast Anime, Anime Simatrix(usually I watch anime on Anime Kage).
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):Yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list:28
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?:Yes, The recommendation can't be from top 200 on MAL.
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Wolfanime7
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:Gift Exchange
Nov 25, 2020 9:24 AM

Dec 2019
Min: at least 12 normal-length episodes.
Max: no limit, but I'm not afraid to drop a 100 episode anime at episode 6. The anime should get good reasonably fast.
Stuff about mental health, psychology, and relationships (for example: Monogatari, WataMote, Madoka Magica)
Slow slice-of-life (Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, Non Non Biyori)
Creative action scenes (Jojo, Kill La Kill, Madoka Magica)
Fun and interesting characters
Fun OPs.
You don't have to combine all of these. Just a couple would be great. If you want a better idea of my taste, look at what I rated 9 and 10.
Normie stuff (stay out of the Top 100)
While there's a lot of good new stuff, the hype can be misleading. (pick something older than 5 years)
Trashy/purposeless fanservice.
Really long arcs.
When it comes to comedy, the jokes from stuff like Gintama, Saiki K., and Nichibro don't work for me. I don't know why. Just try to avoid it.
If you can name it, I can probably find it.
No
Other than a couple of OVAs, everything should be there.
Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/fluffycow17
I'll like to create a gift.
Nov 25, 2020 9:27 AM

Oct 2018
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): Any
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Preferably comedy or slice of life
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Sad shows, harem, mecha
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): None
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 132
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes it does
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Alostan
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Create and receive :)
Nov 25, 2020 9:30 AM
Oct 2016
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): 1-25 Episodes of roughly 25 mins or less. I lose interest in long series easily!
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I love horror, drama, and thriller but also really into Slice-of-Life. Anything meant for young adults/young males like seinen anime, I like. Also anything with a religious theme/vibe I love, though doesn't have to be a real life religion.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I absolutely cannot stand comedy or romance or anything geared toward young boys like shonen shoes.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): I don't care.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Preferably no unless you can make a real good case about it.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 171
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes except some Hentai.
Link to anime list: Here
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I will create a gift for a user

Please note not all requirements have to be met for one show as I know there isn't the perfect show out there. Honestly so long as it isn't a part of my dislikes, then I don't really care.
Nov 25, 2020 9:45 AM
Apr 2018
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): I don't mind how long the show is, but I prefer longer series typically longer than 1 cour
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): My favourite shows are typically shows that have sweet relationship building between characters, whether their romantic, familial or friendly ones. Action shows are among some of my favourite too, but typically the only ones I enjoy are ones that have deep character building or comedy thats executed well.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Though i don't mind any genre I typically get bored of shows that involve moe type themes.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No stream restrictions
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): I would prefer a recommendation not on my list but I don't mind if it comes from my PTW
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 218
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/wallt1
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I would like to only recieve (Elf Gift)
wallt1Nov 25, 2020 11:17 PM
Nov 25, 2020 9:53 AM
Oct 2019
❅ Min-Max length (episodes):
-about 20 mins per episode
-max. 30 episodes

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes):
-Drama, Romance, Slice of life, Mistery, Psychological
-pretty boys is a must
-I love the combination of romance and drama

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes):
-Adventure, harem, ecchi, hentai, historical, horror, yuri

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):
-subbed and easy to find on the internet (and free)

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):
-Yes but it's not so much to see there

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list:
-32 at the moment

❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?:
-Yes

❅ Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Lala5255

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:
-I would like to create a gift, but I haven't watched a lot of animes, so my recommendations are limited
Lala5255Nov 28, 2020 10:54 AM
Nov 25, 2020 9:54 AM
May 2018
No limitations, anything goes!
I like psychological shows that will keep you thinking and anticipating.
Also I am always open for something heartwarming or even romantic.
And if that is too hard to find, a good old action show should do the trick.
You can also suggest me a classic anime that you just think I should have seen in my life. ^^
I dont really want to watch Isekai, Harem or anything that is something you kind of might have seen in another anime. (Unless it is a good slice of life/cute girls kinda anime, then I can probably get over it ;D)
If it's on CR then great. But if not, then dont worry. Ill see to it that I will find it somewhere else.
Yes, otherwise I will never get to watching something from there.
Yes, it should.
Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Derpmovieben
Gift Exchange.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best Profile Design (April 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - May 3

5 by Bunnyama »»
May 8, 10:11 AM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Winners

Nate - May 1

9 by Bunnyama »»
May 4, 6:59 AM

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (May 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - May 3

0 by KarenShirotori »»
May 3, 7:57 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

23 by Nate »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

23 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Apr 29, 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.