Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Feb 10, 2022 12:04 PM

Mar 2019
Ouch that was some pretty heavy stuff from Hachiman again but not what I was expecting. I was sure he would break that confession by insulting Tobe right before he would confess, but I guess that would have some errors.

What I'm getting confused (again) by are (ironically enough) Yui and Yukino's response to his plan. I don't remember Yukino having a problem with what Hachiman did with Sagami at the end of last season, quite the opposite, she was joking on it while making fun of how everyone hates Hachiman now. I really don't see why she was so angry with his plan given that she didn't have a problem the last time.

And again, I still don't get what Yui said. Who got hurt? What do you mean by "You should give more thought to how other people feel", neither Tobe nor Ebina got depressed after that, they realized what he did and everything ended peacefully, I really don't see who got hurt here. The only person I could think of is Yui because she loves him, but she also realized Hachiman's confession to Ebina wasn't true so that can't be it either.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 24, 2022 3:33 PM
Feb 2020
BritishBlitz87 said:
milch_holstein said:
It tee bit exaggerated me think. Whats damage does 8man inflicted to himself? The confession isnt serious, he knows it, almost everyone involve know that. This just over the top teen drama.

This is what I thought as well...

Ebina now knows for certain that Tobe fancies her, the relationships in their friendship group is already getting awkward as more and more of it becomes a facade that nothing is changing. Hayato and Ebina understandably want to keep plastering the cracks, but eventually the genuine substance of their friendship will evaporate. As Yui says in the next episode "Everything seems the same, but I can't tell what they're thinking anymore". And what is the purpose of friendship if you have to constantly pretend important parts of your life don't exist?

What Hayato is trying to do is fossilize their relationship by stunting the growth of his friends, in the vain hope that it will always be there. Honestly? From his convo with Hachiman, I think he knows that the hope is vain. I can empathise with not wanting to lose a greatfriendship group, but people change, and real, living friendships like the Yui/Yukino/Hachiman trio change to accommodate them. Significant others will bring new blood to the group while some people will find they no longer have anything in common. There is nothing sadder than trying to keep a friendship group stuck in adolescence when your mates are becoming adults, and ironically it can actually end many long-standing friendships.

Also, I highly doubt being rejected is any less painful because you're standing next to another guy who also wants to go out with her XD

are u guys for real right now? i wont judge but confession for a highschool boy,specially like tobe in his position is a huge deal,then he got BETRAYED by the guy who he trusted which is hachiman in the very last moment,basically tobe have no chance anymore to call ebina,but we knew the truth so its not the end of the world,but in real life situation,when ebina said she is not interested to hachiman,is basically double the rejection to tobe,any normal guy in tobe position would punch hachiman straight away and its well deserved for hachiman to get punched.

but thats not the end,to make it even worse,hachiman knew and understand all along that this is wrong,he HATE IT,it ruin tobe,ebina and HIS FEELING,remind him about his own past,also how pathetic he is that love confession become basically "nothing important",also knowing tobe cant confessed anymore except ebina giving hint that she is interested on dating someday to tobe,and also a big FUCK U to yukino and yui who knew that this confession is no joke,shouldnt treated like a joke and how hachiman hurt himsel and hurt both of them too,hachiman is the biggest liar and deserved all the hate coming for him.
Sep 17, 2022 11:36 AM

Nov 2018
On the outside, you'd say is a defeat, when in fact it's a victory.

I really liked Ebina's conversation with Hachiman at the end of the episode!

I don't care at all about what other people may think, but Hachiman is more awesome with every episode; at least for me 😁!
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Nov 10, 2022 1:49 AM

Jan 2019
Good start but the vibe and Yukinoshita seems different and I don’t like it. Will see how the rest of the show is
Apr 12, 2023 2:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I always wondered why Yukino was so upset with Hachiman in this episode, but then it dawned in me that Yukino at this point has started to subconsciously develop feelings for Hachiman, and naturally didn't want to see him get hurt. That became more clear as Yui tells Hachiman to think about others' feelings, particularly the ones closest to him, and how they would not like to see their friend get hurt. The thing is, this might be a little extreme. I think the most Hachiman suffered today was getting a little embarrassed. Sure he would have to bear the weight of having to be the middleman in getting Tobe's heart broken and thus "keeping things as they are", but again, other than that, just a little embarrassment. What he did in the last episode of season one, on the other hand, now that would've hurt him. There he had to actually tear someone down, become the villain, and get people to hate him, no one acknowledging what he truly was doing besides Hayama and maybe a couple others. And here, pretty much everyone actually thanks him for taking the hit to maintain the status quo. So basically, Yukino is overreacting a bit by being quite sensitive, unless I'm missing something big here. Otherwise, another good episode. They really do be hitting us with some big guns just 2 episodes in. Hachiman's monologues sure may have a touch of cringe in them; but ultimately I think they actually are kind of deep and thought-provoking. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 3, 2023 8:31 AM

Oct 2021
I really love those inner monologue of hachiman, really cool also great episode 5/5
Dec 9, 2023 8:33 PM
Nov 2023
Hmm I agree with Haciman's sister ranking
May 28, 12:57 AM
Apr 2018
Hands down my favorite episode so far.

Well, Sensei's rebuke of Hachiman from the last season has started to materialize. He solved Tobe's confession by disrupting the event, preserving the friend circle. This however rubbed off the wrong way to both Yui and Yukino. The tears at the end were so poignant.

Not to mention we got the perspective of everyone involved, from blond hair girl to Hayama and Hina. I hope they will maintain this quality in the upcoming arc.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2015

442 by tik_taq »»
Jun 2, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1003 by ViSpace »»
May 30, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

557 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2015

480 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

544 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.