Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Mar 11, 2014 5:35 AM

Jul 2007
XiPwnUX99 said:
I wanna see what this new route is. Seems interesting.

After this, re-adaptation of Tsukihime?

Its not a new route.

There's no previous adaptation of tsukihime.
Mar 11, 2014 9:27 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
XiPwnUX99 said:

Its not a new route.

It's sad how many times this exact same conversation happened.
Mar 11, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
Fai said:
XiPwnUX99 said:

Its not a new route.

It is a sign.
The new FSN will actually be FHA.
Mar 11, 2014 12:46 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Botato said:
Fai said:
XiPwnUX99 said:

Its not a new route.

It is a sign.

However since its OBVIOUSLY an anime original story, Shirou will be replaced by Saber Nero and it will be harem route version of FHA.

Nero then will proceed to subjugate the whole cast and found a new Roman Empire.
Mar 11, 2014 12:56 PM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Botato said:
Fai said:
XiPwnUX99 said:

Its not a new route.

It is a sign.

However since its OBVIOUSLY an anime original story, Shirou will be replaced by Saber Nero and it will be harem route version of FHA.

Nero then will proceed to subjugate the whole cast and found a new Roman Empire.

Is that the route where Kiritsugu shows up and kills Nero?
Mar 11, 2014 1:00 PM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Botato said:
Fai said:
XiPwnUX99 said:

Its not a new route.

It is a sign.

No, it it is the route where Waver becomes a girl and is getting hit on by some ancient greek military otaku.
Mar 11, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2007
Botato said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Botato said:
Fai said:
XiPwnUX99 said:

Its not a new route.

It is a sign.

Surely you mean the opposite?

Such a gracious and exquisite being as Nero can't really be killed, , as the world itself would weep for such a loss. Kerry is sure to acknowledge that. If not now, then surely after 20 days of sitting in her theater witnessing the most majestic of plays.
Mar 11, 2014 1:28 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
Botato said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Botato said:
Fai said:
XiPwnUX99 said:

Its not a new route.

It is a sign.

Such a gracious and exquisite being as Nero can't really be killed, , as the world itself would weep for such a loss. Kerry is sure to acknowledge that. If not now, then surely after 20 days of sitting chauned in her theater witnessing the most majestic of plays.
Fixed
Mar 11, 2014 1:38 PM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
No, it it is the route where Waver becomes a girl and is getting hit on by some ancient greek military otaku.

Ah. I keep mixing them up.

Fai said:

Such a gracious and exquisite being as Nero can't really be killed, , as the world itself would weep for such a loss. Kerry is sure to acknowledge that. If not now, then surely after 20 days of sitting in her theater witnessing the most majestic of plays.

Right, forgot her absolutely mesmerizing performances. What a great blessing it is to spend 20 days in Nero's theater.
Mar 15, 2014 5:39 PM
Nov 2013
http://www.ufotable.com/2014animejapan/img/top.jpg

They better give us something to chew on come then..
StanfooMar 15, 2014 6:15 PM
Mar 16, 2014 8:19 AM

Nov 2013
Stanfoo said:

We'll probably be trolled again. Just like in January -_-
Mar 16, 2014 9:11 AM

Jul 2007
Stanfoo said:

This is me from future:
Ufotable has said that they, most certainly are making FSN anime. As you can see it will SURELY contain characters Saber and Shirou and it will SURELY air in the fall. Then they have shown a 5 minute trailer consisting of fate zero recap and ending with 2seconds longer Saber SUmmoning scene.
Mar 16, 2014 4:05 PM
Nov 2013
http://www.anime-japan.jp/exhibitors/exhibition_booth.html

Google translate:
Released in 2004, PC game hugely popular yet "Fate / staynight". And, this fall to become the 10th anniversary since its release, the TV anime broadcasting initiated by the hand of ufotable that produced "boundary empty" and "Fate / Zero"! "The PV animation screenings for the first lifting of the ban" in this booth
"2nd public key visual" and "original goods sales",
We deliver the "Fate / staynight" in various forms! Life-size statue of the main heroine, Saber of this work. Exhibition!

Looks like we're getting a new PV and key visual. I have a good feeling the PV is gonna deliver this time.
Mar 17, 2014 4:16 AM

Nov 2013
Eh... Probably not. Don't get your hopes up <_<
Mar 17, 2014 6:31 AM

Jan 2010

Fate/stay night individual booth on display!

The PC game “Fate/stay night” that went on sale in 2004 still remains very popular today. And 10 years after its initial release, the anime by ufotable, who also worked on Kara no Kyokai and Fate/Zero, will air this autumn! At this booth, we will deliver “Fate/stay night” in many various ways - a new anime PV, a second release of key visuals and the sale of original goods! A life-size statue of the story’s main heroine, Saber, will also be on display!

For those who are wondering about what's going to happen at the booth, I've translated the information from the link provided by Stanfoo. ^^
KashiroMar 17, 2014 8:19 AM
Mar 17, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2007
Sorry ufotable. I willbelieve you when it happens.

Till it happens, I am 100% sure that the "new pv" will havenothing new.
Mar 17, 2014 7:02 PM
Feb 2012
Kashiro said:

Fate/stay night individual booth on display!

The PC game “Fate/stay night” that went on sale in 2004 still remains very popular today. And 10 years after its initial release, the anime by ufotable, who also worked on Kara no Kyokai and Fate/Zero, will air this autumn! At this booth, we will deliver “Fate/stay night” in many various ways - a new anime PV, a second release of key visuals and the sale of original goods! A life-size statue of the story’s main heroine, Saber, will also be on display!

For those who are wondering about what's going to happen at the booth, I've translated the information from the link provided by Stanfoo. ^^

LIFE-SIZE SABER, HOLY FU- *brain explodes*
And yeah, I gotta stay away from the internet... to not increase the F/SN temptations.
Mar 22, 2014 6:30 AM

May 2009
Some more screens of the new PV: http://imgur.com/FSjEnth
Mar 22, 2014 6:33 AM

Jul 2007
stAtic91 said:

Oh look. All from pre-route stuff. Was I right or was I right?
Mar 22, 2014 6:35 AM

Aug 2009
stAtic91 said:
Oh yeeeeah!!!

But is it me or does Archer have derped eyes?
Fai said:
stAtic91 said:

At least for now there s no reason to think that it is something new.
ssjokgMar 22, 2014 6:40 AM
Mar 22, 2014 6:37 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
stAtic91 said:
Oh yeeeeah!!!

But is it me or does Archer have depred eyes?
Fai said:
stAtic91 said:

At least for now there s no reason to think that it is something new.

In before ufotable kills off Rin and Sakura right after prologue and proclaims Shinji as main LI.

EDIT: and we already have idiots claiming its HF because Sakura had a scene in the pv...le sigh...
AhenshihaelMar 22, 2014 7:12 AM
Mar 22, 2014 6:57 AM

Jul 2007
http://www.typemoon.com/products/hollowvita/

F/HA vita version looks to be boss.
Mar 22, 2014 7:00 AM

May 2009
Translation never. Voice patch never.
Mar 22, 2014 7:04 AM

Jul 2007
stAtic91 said:

meh, ill just import it like i did with ccc
Mar 22, 2014 8:49 AM

May 2009
I would do the same if I could read moonrunes.

So, about that trailer...
Mar 22, 2014 8:51 AM
Oct 2010
haha holy shit, those PV images look really good.
Mar 22, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2009
stAtic91 said:

I think that in BL thay talked about exctraction tools.

Or was it elsewhere?
Mar 22, 2014 8:37 PM

Sep 2013
I must be one of the incredible few that prays this new adaptation isn't based on the Heaven's Feel route.

The story does have some interesting ideas that I wouldn't mind seeing incorporated. The problem I have is that Sakura is the weakest and most contemptible character in Fate/Stay Night.

I hope they borrow some plot points, but for the love of god don't make Sakura's character the focus.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2014 4:11 AM

Aug 2009
mickdrew_99 said:
I must be one of the incredible few that prays this new adaptation isn't based on the Heaven's Feel route.

The story does have some interesting ideas that I wouldn't mind seeing incorporated. The problem I have is that Sakura is the weakest and most contemptible character in Fate/Stay Night.

I hope they borrow some plot points, but for the love of god don't make Sakura's character the focus.

Most contemptible?
She needs respect just for not going mad before the 4th war.Before breaking she put her Servant to protect Shirou instead of,I dont know, keeping Shinji away from her.And even when she was mad she gave them the chance to run away because she couldnt control herself.

And ALL of the plot points,badass scenes,epic scenes tec are in HF because of Sakura.
Mar 23, 2014 4:55 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

And ALL of the plot points,badass scenes,epic scenes tec are in HF because of Rin and Shirou.

fix'd.

Sakura does not have much badassery till her psycho moments and even her psycho moments are just the way for Rin to be even more badass :P
Mar 23, 2014 5:10 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

And ALL of the plot points,badass scenes,epic scenes tec are in HF because of Rin and Shirou.

fix'd.

Sakura does not have much badassery till her psycho moments and even her psycho moments are just the way for Rin to be even more badass :P

Her actions trigger those scenes.There would be no

So yeah Rin,Shirou and Kirei wouldnt have THOSE badass scenes if it wasnt for Sakura.
Mar 23, 2014 5:45 AM

Jan 2013
So when can we expect the new PV to come out?
Mar 23, 2014 5:49 AM

May 2009
marian11 said:
So when can we expect the new PV to come out?
Dunno. I was hoping it would be out by now. But there's not even a cam version of it.
Mar 23, 2014 7:42 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

fix'd.

So yeah Rin,Shirou and Kirei wouldnt have THOSE badass scenes if it wasnt for Sakura.

You are assuming that I count
Mar 23, 2014 7:57 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

fix'd.

You are assuming that I count

Which event?
And if you mean

I only mentioned Gil because of how it happened.
Still doesnt change that everything MAJOR in the route happened because of Sakura went crazy.
Mar 23, 2014 8:45 AM
Mar 23, 2014 9:19 AM

Sep 2013
ssjokg said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Most contemptible?
She needs respect just for not going mad before the 4th war.Before breaking she put her Servant to protect Shirou instead of,I dont know, keeping Shinji away from her.And even when she was mad she gave them the chance to run away because she couldnt control herself.

And ALL of the plot points,badass scenes,epic scenes tec are in HF because of Sakura.

Yes, she is the most contemptible.

She cares little for the lives of anyone who doesn't make her happy, and only acts in the story to maintain the status quo that satisfies her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2014 9:35 AM

Aug 2009
mickdrew_99 said:
ssjokg said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Most contemptible?

She cares little for the lives of anyone who doesn't make her happy, and only acts in the story to maintain the status quo that satisfies her.

ssjokgMar 23, 2014 9:45 AM
Mar 23, 2014 9:47 AM

Sep 2013
ssjokg said:
mickdrew_99 said:
ssjokg said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Most contemptible?

Yes, she has had a rough past, but that only makes us understand why she's contemptible, it doesn't excuse it. In the end her actions are morally wrong and her motivations are selfish.
Mar 23, 2014 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
mickdrew_99 said:
ssjokg said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Most contemptible?

Her actions are understandable but in no way right.

Mar 23, 2014 10:39 AM

Nov 2013
I thought people agreed Shinji is the most contemptible character?
Mar 23, 2014 10:45 AM

Sep 2013
Botato said:

Huh, I guess you got me there. Shinji would be the worst.
Mar 23, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2007
Botato said:

The difference

So yeah, Shinji is more despicable.
Mar 23, 2014 11:47 AM
Feb 2011
All this hate on Sakura... That is a shame.

Sakura is a good character, and Heaven's Feel would be down right AMAZING animated. Of course, I would prefer UBW since that is my favorite Route, but HF would be right up there. (The Fate Route is way too slow and kinda uneventful to have another go, IMO.) It seems we may even get a whole new original story. Which can also be good depending on how it is done, and where the story goes.
Mar 23, 2014 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
Orga777 said:
All this hate on Sakura... That is a shame.

Sakura is a good character, and Heaven's Feel would be down right AMAZING animated. Of course, I would prefer UBW since that is my favorite Route, but HF would be right up there. (The Fate Route is way too slow and kinda uneventful to have another go, IMO.) It seems we may even get a whole new original story. Which can also be good depending on how it is done, and where the story goes.

I don't think Sakura has any preference in letting the town live or die. Morals do not drive her actions, Shirou does. It's only Shirou that leads her to do anything considered moral.

You see my point? She has no actual morals and she doesn't actually care for anyone, all she wants is to feel validated by Shirou. Sakura is like that girl you hear about that is complicit with her boyfriend being a serial killer because he's "the one person who understands me". I have NO doubt that if Shirou happened to be a murderer, Sakura would help him in the search for self-validation. She has no spine, no convictions, and is altogether detestable - the complete antithesis to Saber and Tohsaka who are far stronger heroines.
MickdrewMar 23, 2014 12:50 PM
Mar 23, 2014 1:21 PM
Feb 2011
mickdrew_99 said:

I don't think Sakura has any preference in letting the town live or die. Morals do not drive her actions, Shirou does. It's only Shirou that leads her to do anything considered moral.

I do not necessarily agree with this. I look at it a bit differently in that Shirou is the one that led her away from the emotionally killing Matou way into what is considered more normal. Just because she didn't have a strong set of morals before hand (growing up a Magi kills that naturally, and it would be even worse in the Matou family, where this would be considered NORMAL.) I will go into details below.

mickdrew_99 said:

You see my point? She has no actual morals and she doesn't actually care for anyone, all she wants is to feel validated by Shirou. Sakura is like that girl you hear about that is complicity involved with her boyfriend being a serial killer because he's "the one person who understands me". I have NO doubt that if Shirou happened to be murderer, Sakura would help if that meant she felt validated by him. She has no spine, no convictions, and is altogether detestable - the complete antithesis to Saber and Tohsaka who are far stronger heroines.

Saber, Rin, and Sakura are so far different from each other that comparing them is actually pretty funny at how ridiculous that is. All three of them cover different aspects that separate themselves from one another which makes them their own person. Sakura is of course not as strong as Saber or Rin are in terms of convictions. That was the whole point of her character to begin with. This is not a knock to her character at all either. The fact that she ISN'T as strong as the other two is what makes her so tragic in the first place. She couldn't fight off her own darkness even though she tried to do so, even if only for Shirou's sake. However, that does not make her a horrible person. Most people would have been in worse shape in Sakura's shoes, if they would even survive that type of psychological and physical abuse for long at all. The fact she didn't break sooner is a huge testament to her mental fortitude, actually. Also, if Shirou was a standard murderer, I have a feeling Sakura would not have been taken with him to begin with. What drew her to him (and what drew Rin and Saber to him as well) is the fact that he is very determined and his personality of being supportive to everyone is like a type of healing medicine for those around him. We see this clearly in all three routes despite which character. If Shirou was someone less than that, he would never have been given a second glance by Sakura, who sees that type of stuff all the time in her dealings with Zouken, so bringing up a hypothetical like that is also not going to work in this case.

Anyway, I still think Sakura is a great character who had a bad draw. She would have been normal if she wasn't part of the Matou household, or if she wasn't continually broken over and over again by people that should care about her. Her character is strong in the sense that she can still be saved from that. I just can't agree with all your points. :/
Orga777Mar 23, 2014 1:24 PM
Mar 23, 2014 2:39 PM

Sep 2013

Saber, Rin, and Sakura are so far different from each other that comparing them is actually pretty funny at how ridiculous that is. All three of them cover different aspects that separate themselves from one another which makes them their own person. Sakura is of course not as strong as Saber or Rin are in terms of convictions. That was the whole point of her character to begin with. This is not a knock to her character at all either. The fact that she ISN'T as strong as the other two is what makes her so tragic in the first place. She couldn't fight off her own darkness even though she tried to do so, even if only for Shirou's sake. However, that does not make her a horrible person. Most people would have been in worse shape in Sakura's shoes, if they would even survive that type of psychological and physical abuse for long at all. The fact she didn't break sooner is a huge testament to her mental fortitude, actually. Also, if Shirou was a standard murderer, I have a feeling Sakura would not have been taken with him to begin with. What drew her to him (and what drew Rin and Saber to him as well) is the fact that he is very determined and his personality of being supportive to everyone is like a type of healing medicine for those around him. We see this clearly in all three routes despite which character. If Shirou was someone less than that, he would never have been given a second glance by Sakura, who sees that type of stuff all the time in her dealings with Zouken, so bringing up a hypothetical like that is also not going to work in this case.

Saber and Rin are comparable in only the ways I mentioned: They have a spine, they have convictions, and they aren't detestable.

Once again you're contradicting yourself. You praise Sakura for accepting her violent brother against all inclinations, while saying she would have the good sense not to get involved with Shirou if he was a murderer. I admit they provide a good reason why Sakura was interested in him (the story of him trying to jump over the impossibly high bar is symbolic of his determination to save her no matter how impossible), but my point is that it would be incredibly easy for her to grow attached to Shirou if he was a serial killer and he was dishonest. You're forgetting my earlier point that she's seeking validation, something that anyone could give if they're willing to lie. In such a situation where Sakura was manipulated into liking a serial killer, can you honestly claim she would morally object to his actions? She wouldn't because her priority is not innocent lives, but self-validation.
Mar 23, 2014 2:43 PM

Oct 2011
lolzteezMar 23, 2014 2:49 PM
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.