Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2015 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
I don't want to die. (great episode)
Nov 20, 2015 8:20 AM

Feb 2010
Dat Yasuhara. He's cool! Although he has no supernatural ability, the guy is so smooth and is realy smart. I like his sense of humor and he doesn't piss me off by being self-confident like nothing. I don't get, however, the reference to some sly merchant from japanese literature they mention and comparing him with. Overal, he is very calculating and one might wonder about his feelings and agenda. But being a high-schooler, he probably doesn't have one yet having to deal with the ghost-hunting bussiness (although I can see him as an acting director in place of Naru.

The monk is also very likeable and mature. Too bad, he happens to like youngish girls (Mai-chan) as oposed to "older" mikos. There is realy no character I dislike from the crew. They kind of been careful with John, not giving him much spotlight, but I guess, he's fine with that. And Masako, I don't get tired from her acting like a high-born lady from pre-meiji era (akay, let's say "old-fashioned"), it suits her better than school-girl attire. She is so beautiful in those yukata (or whatever she's wearing) and I love how she covers her mouth with her sleeve when talking sh*t to Mai in a pointedly formal accent :D She still is a teen who is kind of lonely with her work and fame, I can tell that. And she's fallen for Naru, poor thing.

I feel bad for Ayako as she gets to be a butt of some cruel jokes regarding her age and usefulness, the former playing more to japanesque stereotypes (she is not old and actualy the most womanly mature of the cast - I'd hit on her and not just because I have a thing for mikos) and latter carying a grain of truth. Naru, however, gives her miko-tasks regulary, so he acknowledges something to her.

So, we finaly get to know, WHY MAI IS NOT AT SCHOOL - she can skip lessons all she wants - nice. I bet the teens who were watching this are jealous :D
And she is not your normal schoolgirl, she had had a traumatic experience which might had something to do with being sensitive.

To the episode. The setup is tense. I wondered why Naru took on this job at all (wel get to know that). It's too troublesome. And they have brought competition. That brittish guy looks as though he is going to be a star of this night, at least everyone are excited to see the real pro in action.

I actualy don't like blood and killing even in anime, but it is inevitable in some stories. I'd say again, that Mai has some guts being there, even if she relies on Naru and others for protection. Me, I'd not stayed in this mansion for a night if they would pay me a million (and why would they do that?). At least, not withought some great backup like Mai has... That must be it - she "believes" in Naru more, probably :D
burbelsNov 20, 2015 8:30 AM
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Feb 5, 2016 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
I'm gonna make a wild guess : a rich guy who lived in this mansion had an incurable disease and started kidnapping and do test on his subject. Maybe he also had dementia? I don't know, it look like there was some torture rooms and shit. Damn, maybe it will get gloomy for real this time :D
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 13, 2016 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
Surprised I forgot about this arc, definitely one of the best of the series. Also, I'm I the only one that gets bothered at Mai not telling the group about what she senses sometimes and her dreams? You already know you have psychic powers so why the hell do you keep withholding information just because you don't think it was important enough to tell them? -_-
Jan 28, 2017 5:53 PM

Sep 2013
I'm liking the direction this story arc is headed. That opening sequence gave me chills. Seems like Lin isn't too happy with Mai's response to him being Chinese.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 20, 2018 6:59 PM

Aug 2014
Am I the only one who dislikes Yasuhara? He is way too cringey imo. Also, if he is made into a regular that's too much of a main cast. That means someone else is going to be in the background. For example, I feel like John has turned into a background character, he rarely speaks anymore, which is a shame since I like John.

Please Yasuhara, let this arc be the last time you make an appearance gtfo..
Oct 15, 2021 7:55 AM
Oct 2021
I wonder what the red writing was when everyone is in shock
May 2, 2023 8:05 PM

Oct 2016
Good thing glasses guy is still around, and finally we get to know more about mc (even though it is because something will happen to her). The setting is interesting as well. Good beginning of the arc.

More topics from this board

» Ghost Hunt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jan 27, 2007

69 by SSSniperDyn »»
Jan 29, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 1 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Oct 24, 2007

48 by s9fy »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 7 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 4, 2008

36 by glittergalaxy »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 5, 2008

60 by xoxokiller »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:15 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

windy - Mar 30, 2007

145 by akhorvash753 »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.