Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Altair: A Record of Battles
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2017 2:58 AM

Aug 2010
The Beyazit and Balaban scene was wonderfully done.. I felt really sad after watching that scene. I like how with both the Kuluch Sultan's and Balaban's death there is this lingering feeling of whether or not they deserve to die...

Have not read the manga but saw some posting some images from the manga and wow, Mahmut is supposed to be that...aggressive (for lack of a better word)?? He seemed so tame in the anime in comparison lol o__O
Nov 26, 2017 7:01 PM

Mar 2013
I remember reading these chapters and fearing for what would happen. I really felt bad for Balaban, and then when Beyazit cried at the last moment, I cried so much T^T

Growing up watching many Chinese historical TV shows, I've grown a love for these sort of historical strategic/mind-plotting stories. There's much more to understand than just a "let's save our land!" story. Not that I have anything against those series, but this kind of series really portray the sorrow, difficulties, and the amount of intelligence and decision-making that must be poured in. Sad to see that this and similar shows, like Arslan Senki, are so underrated and given low ratings.
Jun 11, 2020 4:43 PM

Sep 2016
2/5

Years have passed and i'm still utterly disappointed with they taking out Mahmut "violent" moment (aka decapitation) and line "don't let a single soldier get away" because this was part of his development, it everd to show he was idealist but not a idiot who would hold himself in the middle of a battle. And they just fucked up the scene putting giving this to Balaban, what made completely senseless the scene right after i mean he decapitates his own soldier but then gets shocked about his army destroyed?...
Feb 19, 2021 10:30 AM

Dec 2012
Quite a grueling and tragic end for Balaban. For as cruel and ambitious as he was, he wasn't wrong to seek self-determination and sovereignty for Mizrak. I imagine that's what made it all the harder for Beyazit, who wanted to continue to follow his brother to that end. Very heartrending to watch Balaban's final moments as he died in his brother's arms.
Apr 12, 2021 1:45 AM
Mar 2021
Kaymyu said:
Man..Al-Kaplan was one character I actually really liked. One of the most touching scenes in the whole series so far and definitely the most sad ):

I liked him too. He's my second favorite character so I cried when he died. The last scene was really cruel and sad.

lihle808 said:
The scene where Balaban got shot by his brother Beyazit was emtional, i thought he would last more on the series. Even if he was a baddie I still think he was cool.

Balaban didn't deserve to die. At least not like this and not so soon. I liked the series from the first chapter, but I started to love it when Balaban appeared and and he immediately became one of my favorites. I think the author got rid of a very interesting character who had great potential. He was awesome!

Black_wind said:
oooh,that ending was very nice...in a way,that i made me go like NOOO. Balaban was one of those bad guys who are just so charismatic that you can't help but like them anyway, he will be missed.
And I would say more but considering the demographic watching this, I will keep it to myself,hah

I agree with you, Balaban was a very charismatic character despite being a villain, although I honestly don't consider him that way. All he wanted is for the Sultans to have the same rights as the Pashas. They wanted to control him and force him to fight a war that he didn't seek and didn't want either. That's why he wanted to free Mizrak from Turkey. He was unwilling to fight for the Turks or allow his country to be destroyed in the war. Unfortunately we couldn't appreciate this great character because of MAPPA.

Bayek said:
Quite a grueling and tragic end for Balaban. For as cruel and ambitious as he was, he wasn't wrong to seek self-determination and sovereignty for Mizrak. I imagine that's what made it all the harder for Beyazit, who wanted to continue to follow his brother to that end. Very heartrending to watch Balaban's final moments as he died in his brother's arms.

I agree with you. Balaban was only protecting the land that was given to his family when the different tribes that settled in Greater Turkey divided the territory.

Mizrak was given to his grandfather, a nobleman. It's fair that Balaban, a Prince who later became King (Sultan), used his position and authority to free the country that his grandfather and his father made prosper and for which they died.

Why is a noble (King, Sultan) like him on the same level as a Vizir (military, general, governor)? It's absurd! Not to mention they didn't have the same rights as the Pashas. For them the monarchy means nothing.

Balaban wanted to free Mizrak so that he could make his own decisions to lead his people. And as we read in the manga, he was doing very well! He was a good ruler!

Beyazit blamed Balaban for believing in Louis but he believed in Zaganos. In my opinion, he was the stupidest. The Vizir always showed enormous hatred towards the nobles of Balt-Rhein and Greater Turkey. He didn't mind killing Balaban, Fatma, and the other two Sultans in order to achieve his goals. He didn't appreciate or respect them, so he devised the coup plan (civil war) to get rid of them. They hindered him.

Beyazit trusted a man who hated the royalty to which he belonged to, believing that he wanted to unite all the tribes of Greater Turkey, but Zaganos is not even Turkish! He betrayed is brother and then he killed him in cold blood. What a disgusting character! He didn't care that his father died defending the Turks and he didn't care that his brother died doing the same. The most important thing for him was to protect Turkey and ensure its existence even if the entire Royal Family and its people died in the attempt.

The scene was well done despite the horrible drawings and lousy animation we saw in this episode.

Oops! My post was longer than I expected. xD
Nov 21, 2023 4:51 PM

Dec 2022
Mahmut has really grown up, he is using his experience and knowledge in a proper manner

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

60 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

47 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 10, 2023 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

41 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

42 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 8, 2023 11:58 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

46 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.