Forums
New
Pages (124) « First ... « 73 74 [75] 76 77 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2015 4:56 PM
May 2015
Isaac_ said:
what the hell?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/21/One_Piece/reviews
Most of the One Piece reviews are negative. The second highest ranked one even gave it a 4, how come so many people upvoted it? I thought One Piece was generally liked by the community :'(
People are just too fast to jump the shark. Just because there's a drop in quality they now consider it irredeemable shit. Just wait when the next arc comes along, they'll all be praising GODA XD.
Jul 15, 2015 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
Isaac_ said:
what the hell?
Most of the One Piece reviews are negative. The second highest ranked one even gave it a 4, how come so many people upvoted it? I thought One Piece was generally liked by the community :'(

There are a lot of hipsters that want to hate on the series now because it's popular, nothing new. There's also the occasional legitimate review, with fair valid criticism. Instead of nitpicking and a low score without any substantially good reason.
FullmetalRaikouJul 15, 2015 5:14 PM
Jul 15, 2015 5:40 PM

Jun 2012
Isterio said:
Why is Asura an asspull?

Comes out of nowhere, can barely be justified even with One Piece logic and just seems like it exists so Zoro could beat Kaku with a "cool" new move since he used everything else in that fight. It's not even an "illusion" thing since he also used it on a Pacifista during two panels of Sabaody(and it never gets brought up again). Diable Jambe is just exaggerated friction and Hell's Memories is 50% gag

@ post skip OP discussion

most weekly Shonen readers are fickle as hell and hardly even pay attention while reading the series they -do- like, this is nothing new lmao. People will probably complain and shit on the next arc when it'll likely be adventure focused and not "OMG Luffy vs. Big Mom/Kaidou", especially if the antagonist(s) happens to have a goofy ass design like Moria and his gang
Jul 15, 2015 5:49 PM

Sep 2011
Kaimon said:

most weekly Shonen readers are fickle as hell and hardly even pay attention while reading the series they -do- like, this is nothing new lmao. People will probably complain and shit on the next arc when it'll likely be adventure focused and not "OMG Luffy vs. Big Mom/Kaidou", especially if the antagonist(s) happens to have a goofy ass design like Moria and his gang

I'm just waiting for Oda to do Wano Kuni, I have a feeling that arc will get dark or at least more dramatic like Water 7 was. Then all the so called 'fanboys' will come rushing back for the "grimdark 2edgy4me OnePiss-wank".
Jul 15, 2015 5:54 PM
Oct 2013
Fullmetal89 said:

I'm just waiting for Oda to do Wano Kuni, I have a feeling that arc will get dark or at least more dramatic like Water 7 was. Then all the so called 'fanboys' will come rushing back for the "grimdark 2edgy4me OnePiss-wank".

That´s as obvious as the sun will rise tomorrow.

I´ve caleld multiple times that as soon as something exciting will happen every asslicker and their mother will start yelling how One Piece is the best show evar.

Oda has just to pull out a Yonko or an Admiral doing shit.

But I´m steady with my opinion I thought the last 3 chapters were 4/5/-5/5.
Sabo´s backstory, that´s great. But Dressrosa was 40% bullshit 30% tease and 30% greatness.

Fujitora Sabo, Zorro they all got teased so long and barely did anything (on screen).
Jul 15, 2015 8:12 PM

Jun 2011
Fun read: Zoro and his bandanna. ;D

Isterio said:
tsudecimo said:
Is gear 2nd a DEM/Asspull?

Yes but so is Chidori, the end.
Please explain how are those DEM/asspull. I haven't check yet, but I think you said kamehameha is also a DEM, why? I think you're stretching the term a bit too far.

Agafin said:
I've just noticed that Haikyuu is (slightly) more popular than KnB in Japan. Do you guys too like Haikyuu more?
Haikyuu was cringefest. One of the worst sports anime I've seen recently, and of course, the most overrated one. I liked KnB more, but mainly just for Aomine and first season. Go watch Baby Steps instead.

Isaac_ said:
what the hell?
Don't worry, from what I have seen, newer fans love to hate on things, I've seen many anime where older reviews have very high score, and all the newer ones rate about 5-6 only, or even lower. People used to watch anime / read manga because they love it, it wasn't popular back then. Now, everyone watch them because they can.

Fullmetal89 said:
There are a lot of hipsters that want to hate on the series now because it's popular, nothing new. There's also the occasional legitimate review, with fair valid criticism. Instead of nitpicking and a low score without any substantially good reason.
And a lot of those "valid criticism" I see are directed toward certain arcs, especially the more recently ones, which I don't think is fair, given One Piece's length and how small those arcs look in the grand scheme of things. Those arcs should not represent One Piece as a whole in my opinion. If they are doing that, why don't they just write arcs review then. They can start from Baratie, and how "omfg Luffy survived against Krieg asspull!", you know, with how much blood he lost. People don't seem to notice these things in a marathon. It's also stupid to review Naruto based on just the final arc. I know it's long, but that's not Naruto as a whole.
Edit: What I mean to say is, it is okay to address those flaws, but weave it into the review of the entirety of One Piece up to that certain point, and not pick it out and review it separately.

Isterio said:
Fujitora Sabo, Zorro they all got teased so long and barely did anything (on screen).
First, spoiler your.. spoiler on the latest chapter. Some people prefer not to know about anything before they actually watch it. So ya.

As for Fujitora, I am pretty sure he has made

Fullmetal89 said:
Kaimon said:

Chances are, we will probably get the next big arc soon with no breather arc. People speculated that maybe the island
ToG25thBaamJul 15, 2015 9:22 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 15, 2015 9:51 PM

Sep 2011
@Isterio

Yeah I've noticed that a lot of the newer fans or people who recently caught up tend to not have the patience to deal with One Piece's pacing.

@ Tog25thBaam

What I meant is that there are some reviews that are well written and bring up some decent criticism beside the usual. This character sucks because I don't like him, or the art sucks etc.

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I'm hoping there is a breather arc. The crew needs some downtime. I know Davy Backfight arc isn't one of the most popular but I enjoyed it. I think it was the right thing to do in between Skypiea and CP9. Dressrosa really started with Punk Hazard so it's been one continuous long fight. I'd like to see the crew chill for a few chapters before jumping into another huge fight.
Jul 16, 2015 3:20 AM

Nov 2010
Fullmetal89 said:

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I'm hoping there is a breather arc. The crew needs some downtime. I know Davy Backfight arc isn't one of the most popular but I enjoyed it. I think it was the right thing to do in between Skypiea and CP9. Dressrosa really started with Punk Hazard so it's been one continuous long fight. I'd like to see the crew chill for a few chapters before jumping into another huge fight.

Well, but even then PH had a lot of crew chill moments. The underwater journey to the surface, arrving at PH, goofing around with Kinemon and switched bodies etc. I thought the first half of PH was very chill and adventurous. Only when they all arrived in the lab, the arc changed to "fight mode".

As for the post-skip quality, I just hope Oda is done with building up the minor stuff and now will mostly focus on top players. Less Rikus, Tontattas and Gladiators, more SH's, supernovas, marines, revos, shichibukais, yonkous(but not too much, the "inside stories" with brand new characters are necessery)

I'm not too scared about the future of One Piece. There is shitload of great material to work with, and if Oda really wants to finish OP within next 10 years, then he needs to step on the gas.
Jul 16, 2015 5:01 AM
Oct 2013
[quote=ToG25thBaam]

Isterio said:
tsudecimo said:
Is gear 2nd a DEM/Asspull?

Yes but so is Chidori, the end.
Please explain how are those DEM/asspull. I haven't check yet, but I think you said kamehameha is also a DEM, why? I think you're stretching the term a bit too far.[quote]

Never said either of those are DEM´s. Neither do I personally consider them annoying badly written or cheap.
But in the most critical sense they are asspulls, because they had no" foreshadowing".
Personally I´m against the term asspull, because it sounds to me like the most vague term ever made up by angry nerds who overanalyze star treck because there are no other things to worry about.

Anyway, to my knowledge the term asspull defines any form of new ability/move used by a fictional character that was not foreshadowed regardless if it´s helpful or not.

Chidori Kamehame Ha and Gear fall under this category, their foreshadowing consists of "I´ve an ace up my sleeve" a few panels before the move get´s used.

There is no mention during earlier chapters, a training session for the moves or even a mention of a certain "secret" attack. Therefore if we rate really critical nearly every shounen move ever is an asspull. However I think it´s a stupid term made up by assholes to cry and bitch about development they didn´t like, aka their favorite villain getting beaten by their most hated protgagonist etc. None of the examples are Dem´s
because all of them could be explained by the logic the author had put into his universe, they had drawbacks and none of them solved the problems immediately without reporcussions or risks for the users.

A DEM on the other hand has clear specification on being an all solving plot device coming out of nowhere to solve an otherwise unsolveable problem without any explanation behind it. It works because of magic.

My point is an asspull debate leads nowhere since technically nearly everything is. The suspense would be nearly gone if every character would keep mentioning how they have "something" they could use before actually revealing it. Therefore asspulls are not just a stupid term, but they are necessary for suspensful writing in battle shounen manga.
Else we´d be limited to kicks and fists.
IsterioJul 16, 2015 5:05 AM
Jul 16, 2015 5:01 AM
Jun 2015
Fullmetal89 said:
@Isterio

Yeah I've noticed that a lot of the newer fans or people who recently caught up tend to not have the patience to deal with One Piece's pacing.

@ Tog25thBaam

What I meant is that there are some reviews that are well written and bring up some decent criticism beside the usual. This character sucks because I don't like him, or the art sucks etc.

No I'm with you we need a cool down arc and some nice SH interaction
The non stop action since they entered the NW is getting tiresome

DBF was ok, it was short and funny
Still the non canon G8 filler arc was better as a fun arc between Skypiea and W7
Jul 16, 2015 8:14 AM

Sep 2011
8animet said:

No I'm with you we need a cool down arc and some nice SH interaction
The non stop action since they entered the NW is getting tiresome

DBF was ok, it was short and funny
Still the non canon G8 filler arc was better as a fun arc between Skypiea and W7

Speaking of G8 filler, regardless of what Oda does in the manga the anime desperately needs a filler. I would prefer a 10-15 episode filler over the pacing we are currently getting. I know some people disagree but this arc is already draggy as it is in the manga.

Dahaka_ said:

Well, but even then PH had a lot of crew chill moments. The underwater journey to the surface, arrving at PH, goofing around with Kinemon and switched bodies etc. I thought the first half of PH was very chill and adventurous. Only when they all arrived in the lab, the arc changed to "fight mode".

As for the post-skip quality, I just hope Oda is done with building up the minor stuff and now will mostly focus on top players. Less Rikus, Tontattas and Gladiators, more SH's, supernovas, marines, revos, shichibukais, yonkous(but not too much, the "inside stories" with brand new characters are necessery)

I'm not too scared about the future of One Piece. There is shitload of great material to work with, and if Oda really wants to finish OP within next 10 years, then he needs to step on the gas.

Yeah, that's true but what I mean is something of a proper chill arc like DBF. Where it's several chapters of nonsense and Mario Party like fun. Doesn't have to be exactly like DBF obviously, but something in that vein.
FullmetalRaikouJul 16, 2015 8:17 AM
Jul 16, 2015 8:40 AM

Sep 2013
8animet said:
FT level? Unless Oda suddenly stops caring that won't happen
There are always silly haters but most people still appreciate quality

lol ironic considering fair tail has been better than one piece for the last 2 years or so XD
I'd take ft over disappointing fights any day.

The new bleach fanbook preview gave out the 5th best gotei fight chosen by readers
Jul 16, 2015 8:59 AM
Mar 2013
Yes, let's blame the hipsters that only hate on One Piece to be cool and the stupid shounen fanbase instead of being mature enough to accept that some people don't like Post-Timeskip One Piece. Sasuga One Piece fans.
Jul 16, 2015 9:06 AM

Dec 2012
JD2411 said:
Yes, let's blame the hipsters that only hate on One Piece to be cool and the stupid shounen fanbase instead of being mature enough to accept that some people don't like Post-Timeskip One Piece. Sasuga One Piece fans.

The irony is that most of the negative reviews are from former one piece fans or/and people with popular anime on their favorites lol
Jul 16, 2015 9:37 AM

Jan 2014
Any shounen is still better than the last 2/3 of hunter x hunter 2021
My top anime quotes
1. I AM JUSTICE!- l/light (Death Note)
2. IT'S OVER 9000!!!!- Vegeta (dbz)
3. Almighty Push!/ Shinra Tensei!- Pain (Naruto Shippuden)
4. We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen- Rukia (Bleach)
5. I'll take a potato chip.....AND EAT IT!!!!!- Light (Death Note)
6. Art is an explosion - Deidara (Naruto)
7. Shut the fuck up Kakazu - Hidan (Naruto)
8. Bulma, you've lost your balls- Goku (dragonball)
9. "Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!"- Edward Elric (fmab)
Jul 16, 2015 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
JD2411 said:
ToG25thBaam and Ulysse have a point though. Even though I don't like PTS OP, I won't lower my score by more than a point or two since it's just like 25% of OP so far.
Jul 16, 2015 9:43 AM

Sep 2011
Agafin said:
JD2411 said:
ToG25thBaam and Ulysse have a point though. Even though I don't like PTS OP, I won't lower my score by more than a point or two since it's just like 25% of OP so far.

That's what I said too. There are a lot of reviews on that page that gave One Piece 1/10 for ridiculous reasons. Let's not act like all the reviews on MAL are legit when it comes to One Piece because it fits 'my anti-one piece rhetoric.' MAL has a lot of troll reviews for every series, there's just more of them for the popular ones. Same thing that we are seeing with One Piece now, we saw with Naruto during the war arc. It's actually pretty hard to find good partial well written reviews on this site. They are either fanboy babble or random nonsense by some troll just hating on a series because it's popular.
Jul 16, 2015 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
Surprisingly enough, Naruto Shippuden which seems to receive more hate than One Piece has very positive reviews comparatively.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1735/Naruto:_Shippuuden/reviews
Jul 16, 2015 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
DarkDawn said:

Your HxH review surprisingly doesn't have insane amount of downvotes.
Jul 16, 2015 11:17 AM
Mar 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
Agafin said:

That's what I said too. There are a lot of reviews on that page that gave One Piece 1/10 for ridiculous reasons. Let's not act like all the reviews on MAL are legit when it comes to One Piece because it fits 'my anti-one piece rhetoric.' MAL has a lot of troll reviews for every series, there's just more of them for the popular ones. Same thing that we are seeing with One Piece now, we saw with Naruto during the war arc. It's actually pretty hard to find good partial well written reviews on this site. They are either fanboy babble or random nonsense by some troll just hating on a series because it's popular.
just because you think a reason is ridiculous, it doesn't make it ridiculous. If they were troll reviews they wouldn't have been accepted in the first place.
Jul 16, 2015 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
@JD

http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=157411

Lets start with the story.

Story. 2/10. The story is about a boy name luffy that wants to go and reach one piece. Him and his crew member will set sail to go anywhere except one piece.

Art. 3/10 The art in one piece is ridiculous stupid looking the characters have weird over exaggerating expression. When they are shouting or just opening their mouth it's so huge it could fit 10 ships in it. Ed edd n eddy has way better art than one piece and that cartoon was made from the 90s that's to show you how bad the art is.

Sound. 7/10 the sound is the best thing in the series this is what made me watch made me watch so much episode of one piece is because I enjoy the sound. I also like to laugh at how stupid it's and how stupid the characters look.

Characters. 1/10 The characters are cut out cardboard boxes they dont change they are exactly the same and I'm talking from a manga reader the series has over 700+ chapters and all the characters are still the same. Oda doesn't know what character development means.

Enjoyment. 5/10. My enjoyment comes from how stupid it's, I lol so much time while watching this series. it even tries to take it self seriously but failed miserable, lol and that made me laugh a lot so I had some enjoyment in it because of how stupid it's but the other 50% of the series is Luffy running up and down like a chicken without a head which is boring....

overall this series is mostly full of gag you should not take it seriously if you do you're only going to be disappointed so the series isn't the worst series I've ever watch. So if you want a series to laugh at, I would 100% recommend one piece to you all.

Isn't this a troll review? (granted a hilarious one)
Jul 16, 2015 11:38 AM
Oct 2013
Agafin said:

Isn't this a troll review? (granted a hilarious one)

It looks more like a review from someone who honestly dislikes One Piece and instead of being objective he blatantly spouts every opinion he has about the series and calls it a review.
Jul 16, 2015 11:41 AM

Apr 2014
http://myanimelist.net/profile/RyuujiXmemories/reviews

And what about this.
People always told me, ''watch 50 episodes or so and it will be good''. 50 episodes so that its interesting? No, thanks.

I will make it short:

- Plot is practically not existent.

- Nearly every Character is Mentally Challenged.

- The animations are Awfull.

- It looks bad.

- The whole anime is like a big filler arc.

If you like all those points and if you can switch your brain completely off, watch it.

He's not even trying and there's 136 out of 250 that upvote this.
Jul 16, 2015 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
Honestly I have stopped taking seriously the reviews, most are too subjective. However honestly in the last two years I have enjoyed more Fairy Tail despite the many flaws than One Piece.
Jul 16, 2015 11:46 AM

Dec 2012
tr1ckst3r said:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/RyuujiXmemories/reviews

And what about this.

People like upvoting funny reviews, nothing weird about it.
Jul 16, 2015 11:46 AM

Oct 2014
DarkDawn said:
Yupp fell off hard after yorknew idk how people say 10/10
Jul 16, 2015 11:49 AM
Oct 2013
tr1ckst3r said:

http://myanimelist.net/profile/holdenn/reviews&p=2

So what this guy gave it a 10/10 and his review is a synopsis of the series and alot of talk Why it´s so great. There is nothing valueable to find here.

Most reviews have either Forneverworld or King of Lightning quality.

Every non stupid person can choose himself whose reviews are good or bad.
It´s the same deal as with Anime 90% are shit.

Naruto and One Piece have shapped generations their sale numbers talk for themselves.
No one should give a fuck about what some assholes over the internet have to say about it when they have their own shitty taste.
Jul 16, 2015 11:52 AM

Jun 2014
mochabearbruh said:
DarkDawn said:
Because of the ant arc.
Jul 16, 2015 11:54 AM
Oct 2013
Agafin said:
mochabearbruh said:
Because of the ant arc.

OH Agafin I´d like your opinion on the great conspiracy of Togashi being the hidden writer behind Tokyo Ghoul and how he left a Code for the readers to explain it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-EE_ZEWTlc&ab_channel=ChibiReviews
Jul 16, 2015 11:54 AM

Apr 2014
Note that I said He's not even trying? what I'm trying to say is 'some people' will instantly upvote One Piece reviews that rated bad without even reading what is written in it.

Isterio said:
tr1ckst3r said:

http://myanimelist.net/profile/holdenn/reviews&p=2

So what this guy gave it a 10/10 and his review is a synopsis of the series and alot of talk Why it´s so great. There is nothing valueable to find here.

Well, It's a reviews after all of course he's gonna talk about what's good or bad in a series, and since he rated it 10/10 of course it'll mostly talk about it's good point.
Jul 16, 2015 11:55 AM

Jun 2014
I've noticed that the best reviews are generally those of unpopular anime.
Jul 16, 2015 11:56 AM

Dec 2012
Same goes for the opposite
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=338

You can't tell me that you think this was helpful.
Jul 16, 2015 11:56 AM
Oct 2013
tr1ckst3r said:

Well, It's a reviews after all of course he's gonna talk about what's good or bad in a series, and since he rated it 10/10 of course it'll mostly talk about it's good point.

Oh the hypocrisy.
It´s an evil when someone says anything negative about One Piece and totally unfair, but when someone rates it flawless it´s completely legit, and justfied right?

Do you even read your shit before you post it?

Subjectively I consider Naruto a 10/10 (the Manga).
As for One Piece I wanna see the ending first.
If the ending is satisfying I´ll give it the 10.

Objectively I would give both series a 7 at best.
Because no matter how great certain momments are and were they are both full of fluff and wasted panels or oppurtunities.
IsterioJul 16, 2015 12:02 PM
Jul 16, 2015 12:00 PM

Jun 2014
Isterio said:
Agafin said:
Because of the ant arc.

OH Agafin I´d like your opinion on the great conspiracy of Togashi being the hidden writer behind Tokyo Ghoul and how he left a Code for the readers to explain it.

He's not serious, he's just making it for the views. Both authors and their works are light years apart.
Jul 16, 2015 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
Isaac_ said:
what the hell?

It is certainly weird.

Most of the reviews on the following pages are the typical 9/10s and 10/10s. It looks like they just collected pretty much all of the negative reviews for the front page, even those from previous years.

Anyway, it's natural that the popularity would bring a fair bit of those who dislike it and haters.
There are some that came to watch it while disliking other shounen, some take issue with the nature of the series itself, and there are a few haters pretending to have watched it all the way. Of course I can't say that for sure, but watching 630+ episodes of a series you rate 1/10 is very suspicious.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 16, 2015 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
Isterio said:
tr1ckst3r said:

Oh the hypocrisy.
It´s an evil when someone says anything negative about One Piece and totally unfair, but when someone rates it flawless it´s completely legit, and justfied right?

Do you even read your shit before you post it?

Do you? since I don't really get what 're you talking about.
I never said that bad reviews about One Piece is no-no while the good is always a welcome.
What I'm trying to say is whether it's good or bad, at least put some proper thought and reasoning in the reviews and not just "looks bad, I don't like it hence 1/10. done".
Jul 16, 2015 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
Note that I said He's not even trying? what I'm trying to say is 'some people' will instantly upvote One Piece reviews that rated bad without even reading what is written in it.

I suspect there are some of them in this very thread.

Seriously though, I've noticed that some otherwise critical people extend a lot of hate when it comes to series that are too popular in their eyes.

Vocal minortites aside, it's still doing great. It is still the #4 favourite anime on the site despite all the complaints and #2 favourite manga.
Luffy is still 3rd favourite character despite Death Note and Code Geass having many more members (nearly 150% in comparison for CG and 200% for Death Note), and Zoro is also there. And Oda is still the #1 favourite shounen mangaka on the site.

Both still have pretty good scores considering the 1/5th rule is not yet in play for them, and they have a high number of people who dropped them and gave very negative scores.
I don't think the haters are even enough to prevent it from being in the Top 10 after it finishes airing (being modest with the position there), although some are pretty dedicated.
RedRoseFringJul 16, 2015 12:29 PM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jul 16, 2015 12:31 PM

Jun 2014
Just throwing a glance at some review pages, I'd say it's mostly with FMAB, LOGH and HxH 2011 that positive reviews are insta upvoted.

One Piece is a bit weird, unlike all the other anime reviews page, One Piece's has an overabundance of recent reviews.
Jul 16, 2015 12:37 PM

Sep 2013
Basically - filler, dbz with swords, no character development or characterization (lol), fillers, music is good but I'll give it bad score anyways, no plot (what does this mean?) fillers

http://myanimelist.net/anime/269/Bleach/reviews
Jul 16, 2015 12:49 PM
Mar 2013

they're not troll reviews, they're shit reviews.
Jul 16, 2015 6:17 PM
Jul 17, 2015 6:04 AM
Oct 2013

That Movie is so shit, it has fucking Nick Frost in it and he does nothing besides talking bullshit while high.
Jul 17, 2015 6:49 AM

Jun 2015
I've tried watching both Bleach and Naruto and gradually lost interest in both of them. I've considered giving Bleach another shot. The only one I haven't attempted to watch yet is One Piece. The only problem I have with these sorts of shows is their length and their potential for too many off-shoots and being dragged out longer than the story necessitates simply because they are hugely popular.

Still, One Piece looks like a lot of fun and I'm interested in giving it a go. And the entire concept behind Bleach keeps me intrigued enough that I want to go back and try watching it again. Naruto is meh, in my opinion.
"I love a woman who can kick my ass." -Spike Spiegel
Jul 17, 2015 7:21 AM

Apr 2014
Isterio said:
Agafin said:
Because of the ant arc.

TG's author is 29 years old, has like 4 or 5 assistants and was previously a tattoo artist. They're not the same person and besides Togashi never had any assistants.

Agafin is correct. He's just doing it for the views.
Jul 17, 2015 8:15 AM
Jun 2015
a-rootin-tootin said:
I've tried watching both Bleach and Naruto and gradually lost interest in both of them. I've considered giving Bleach another shot. The only one I haven't attempted to watch yet is One Piece. The only problem I have with these sorts of shows is their length and their potential for too many off-shoots and being dragged out longer than the story necessitates simply because they are hugely popular.

Still, One Piece looks like a lot of fun and I'm interested in giving it a go. And the entire concept behind Bleach keeps me intrigued enough that I want to go back and try watching it again. Naruto is meh, in my opinion.

OP is easily the best Shounen so definitely give it a go
But since its so long it takes some time to get really good (for me it was around Episode 30)
Jul 17, 2015 8:36 AM

Jun 2013
a-rootin-tootin said:

lel I can't even pass the first two episodes of Bleach. Anyway, I see you haven't touched Hunter x Hunter? Wut? Give it a go, you have Brotherhood on your fav..
Jul 17, 2015 8:42 AM

Dec 2012
Well the beginning of Bleach is quite dull, up until soul society is introduced.

I think the only battle anime that is good from the start or at least easy to get into from the beginning is Naruto, Nanatsu no Taizai, HxH and Soul eater.
Jul 17, 2015 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
a-rootin-tootin said:

Definitely give it a go if you are looking for fun and also dem feels.
Naruto & Bleach are easy to get into, so if you didn't like them you may not like other shounen.
HxH and KHR are especially harder to get into. Both have some of the slowest starts I've seen in anime.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jul 17, 2015 9:05 AM

Jun 2013
tsudecimo said:
Well the beginning of Bleach is quite dull, up until soul society is introduced.

I think the only battle anime that is good from the start or at least easy to get into from the beginning is Naruto, Nanatsu no Taizai, HxH and Soul eater.

Yea unfortunately that particular arc is the only good thing I heard about Bleach, but I'll get to it eventually when I have the motivation. Also I'd add Jojo and probabaly Beelzebub to the list of battle anime that easy to get into.
Jul 17, 2015 9:07 AM
Mar 2013
RedRoseFring said:
HxH and KHR are especially harder to get into. Both have some of the slowest starts I've seen in anime.
I agree with KHR, but HxH? Really? It's the only battle shounen that skips the introduction arcs and goes straight into a main arc in the second episode (1st in 2011). If anything it's the easiest to get into since it doesn't have the MC killing fodder characters for 10+ episode before a serious arc starts.
Pages (124) « First ... « 73 74 [75] 76 77 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime fans ,how do u feel about slice of life anime???

Animystics - Yesterday

38 by Hitotsuhan »»
2 minutes ago

» Could you survive in the world of your favorite anime?

Spunkert - 4 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
3 minutes ago

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

35 by Hitotsuhan »»
19 minutes ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

16 by BigBoyAdvance »»
49 minutes ago

» Why do you think about Orihime from Bleach?

isolated-otaku - Yesterday

29 by BigBoyAdvance »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.