Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2014 1:33 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit Fai, your tastes are BORING.

Something new is happening! I wanted what I already expected! An adaptation of something a decade old!

To quote your words on your locked topic, "Different is bad.".
Welcome to a sterile world where the source material for every little thing is treated like the Bible and innovation is "bad".

Fate series in the anime world was experiencing an identity crisis. The novel and the Ufotable anime were clashing in style and consistency. There were changes made to fit the Fate/Zero consistency.

In other words, they're different. So what?

"It's FSN in name only", not if it covers most of the same events it's not. In name only is more like comparing the shitty new 47 Ronin to the actual story. There is plenty of FSN that will still be there.

AND YOUR PRECIOUS SOURCE MATERIAL STILL EXISTS

SO CALM THE FUCK DOWN AND EAT A POPSICLE YOU TWIT.
ovoon7Jan 28, 2014 1:38 PM
Jan 28, 2014 1:43 PM

Aug 2009
ovoon7 said:

Fate series in the anime world was experiencing an identity crisis. The novel and the Ufotable anime were clashing in style and consistency. There were changes made to fit the Fate/Zero consistency.
What?
Jan 28, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:

What?

Consistency in style, tone, direction, and theme.

I started my fate experience watching Stay Night and playing the visual novel. Then I watched Fate/Zero. It is way different.
Jan 28, 2014 2:05 PM

Aug 2009
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:

What?

I started my fate experience watching Stay Night and playing the visual novel. Then I watched Fate/Zero. It is way different.
Oh I thought story wise.
Jan 28, 2014 2:26 PM

Jul 2013
Yes, yes, yes .... a 100 times yes :)
Jan 28, 2014 3:03 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:

What?

Oh I thought story wise.

Even then it wasn't. Shirou's attitude is the very thing that Emiya Kiritsugu developed out of. Kiritsugu took the trope of "being a hero and forcing my correct morals on you" and destroyed it. Shirou took the cheese and embraced it.
Jan 28, 2014 3:06 PM

Aug 2009
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:

What?

Oh I thought story wise.

Even then it wasn't. Shirou's attitude is the very thing that Emiya Kiritsugu developed out of. Kiritsugu took the trope of "being a hero and forcing my correct morals on you" and destroyed it. Shirou took the cheese and embraced it.
Sorry I didnt get that.
Jan 28, 2014 3:26 PM

Apr 2008
I seek a Tsukihime anime, but again and again, another fate anime. So boring!
Jan 28, 2014 3:27 PM

Aug 2009
KiraYoshikage said:
THe new VN is coming.

What makes you think they wont make an anime from it?
Jan 28, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 2008
ssjokg said:
KiraYoshikage said:
THe new VN is coming.

What makes you think they wont make an anime from it?

The VN is just a remake for add the route on Satsuki and I don't care about this character.

It's just annoying because the story of Tsukihime is much better and they could make the anime on the Arcueid route. Ufo made ​​ Fate, KNK and our poor Tsukihime is left sides.

The problem is that there are just too anime in the license of Fate and it starts to be annoying
KiraYoshikageJan 28, 2014 3:38 PM
Jan 28, 2014 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Someone sure is butthurt.

I'm still as hyped as ever about this. If its going to have the same atmosphere as Zero I should dig this a lot.
Now if they only say that Yuki Kajiura will do the OST. That would be fucking epic.
Jan 28, 2014 4:01 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
KiraYoshikage said:

In 10 years, probably...
Jan 28, 2014 5:12 PM
Nov 2013
Gonna reserve judgement til they show a new PV. If they're doing an original story I hope they at least stick with the Fate route ending.
Jan 28, 2014 5:55 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:

What?

Oh I thought story wise.

Sorry I didnt get that.

Did you not watch the last episodes of Fate/Zero? It was kinda the point of Kiritsugu's character, and all of the development. He decides to give up on being the hero, because it's literally impossible. It's too hard to pick the many over the few. It's too naive to think that shivalry and "doing what I believe is right" is the answer to everything. So Shirou picks up his dads "I stopped being the hero" as motivation for him to be a twat. None of that development carries through to Shirou, at all. It was one of my favorite things about the Fate series, was that bit of writing, and it's lost on Stay/Night. Because FSN was written first.

Naturally that will cause inconsistencies.
Jan 28, 2014 6:12 PM

Jun 2009
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:

What?

Oh I thought story wise.

Sorry I didnt get that.

Did you not watch the last episodes of Fate/Zero? It was kinda the point of Kiritsugu's character, and all of the development. He decides to give up on being the hero, because it's literally impossible. It's too hard to pick the many over the few. It's too naive to think that shivalry and "doing what I believe is right" is the answer to everything. So Shirou picks up his dads "I stopped being the hero" as motivation for him to be a twat. None of that development carries through to Shirou, at all. It was one of my favorite things about the Fate series, was that bit of writing, and it's lost on Stay/Night. Because FSN was written first.

To say that this element isn't in Fate/Stay is not true, though. Shirou's struggle with his heroic ideal is pretty much the central theme of the VN. In fact, the save the few part is even in Heaven's Feel in the form of Sakura.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 28, 2014 6:39 PM

Jul 2007
ovoon7 said:
Holy shit Fai, your tastes are BORING.

Something new is happening! I wanted what I already expected! An adaptation of something a decade old!

To quote your words on your locked topic, "Different is bad.".
Welcome to a sterile world where the source material for every little thing is treated like the Bible and innovation is "bad".

In other words, they're different. So what?

"It's FSN in name only", not if it covers most of the same events it's not. In name only is more like comparing the shitty new 47 Ronin to the actual story. There is plenty of FSN that will still be there.

AND YOUR PRECIOUS SOURCE MATERIAL STILL EXISTS

SO CALM THE FUCK DOWN AND EAT A POPSICLE YOU TWIT.

Oh look, y et another person who pretends to have played the VN and claims that FSN is "totally" different" from F/0, holding F/0 as some sort of godsent bullshit

*facepalm*

FSN VN is exactly in line with what F/0 is. here's no need to "fix" anything here.
Jan 28, 2014 11:19 PM

Apr 2010
First polar vortexes, now shitstorms. Crazy winter.
Jan 29, 2014 12:22 AM

Nov 2011
Whoa, the cover image on MAL changed for this upcoming series.
Jan 29, 2014 3:14 AM

Aug 2009
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:
ssjokg said:
ovoon7 said:

What?

Oh I thought story wise.

Sorry I didnt get that.

How is that an inconsistency?
Shirou doesnt know what Kiritusgu experienced.It is normal to think he can save everyone.
Then we have the late explanations about Kiritugu's life ,Archer in UBW and some scenes in FAte and all of Heaven's Feel.

And what do you mean if I watched them.I have read the LN and the FSN VN.
Both are perfectly consistent.
Why would Kiritsugu's development be carried on to Shirou?Especially when Shirou said that he would make that dream come true.

Might as well call Saber's mindset of Kiritsugu being evil as an inconsistency since she knew him and his old desire to be a hero of justice.
Jan 29, 2014 3:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Chinensis said:
KiraYoshikage said:

In 10 years, probably...
well the remake is currently in production so I guess an anime reboot could come after it as a consequence but who knows
Jan 29, 2014 4:40 AM

Jul 2010
TV Anime Remake: Fate/stay night Key Visual and Info!!!

The Fate/Stay Night anime series is due Fall 2014

Director:
Miura Takahiro

Character Design:
Sudo Tomonori, Tabata Hisayuki, and Ikariya Atsushi.

Half the scenario is completed.

Voice recording began Fall 2013.

Some episodes have already been completed.

They’re doing an original route with this adaption. The original content is done by Nasu Kinoko.

There are new costume designs such modern casual wear for Shiro and Rin and some jacket for casual Saber.

The atmosphere will be serious, similar to Fate/Zero, but will have some comical moments.

Fans will feel the connection to Fate/Zero.

Shiro will portray the main character role properly.

"Nasu written it himself okay, and its supposed to be a sequel to the FATE/ZERO ANIME"
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jan 29, 2014 4:53 AM

Jul 2007
AmberFebruary said:

Director:
Miura Takahiro

Character Design:

They’re doing an original route with this adaption. The original content is done by Nasu Kinoko.

There are new costume designs such modern casual wear for Shiro and Rin and some jacket for casual Saber.

The atmosphere will be serious, similar to Fate/Zero, but will have some comical moments.

"Nasu written it himself okay, and its supposed to be a sequel to the FATE/ZERO ANIME"

Congrats on recapping everything that was already said in this thread.

And?

Also nowhere doe sit state its anime original route. It only says that it will have new content unseen in "the original".
Jan 29, 2014 5:43 AM

Nov 2013
Asl said:
promotional poster:

http://i.imgur.com/59lxtGk.jpg

Looks good.
Jan 29, 2014 5:54 AM

Jul 2007
Asl said:
promotional poster:

Looks about five hours old already. There's a whole thread on it and as I said there - it yet again still tells us nothing on WHAT ufotable is adapting.

I am getting pissed off at ufotable. Don't ge tme wrong its great marketing - everyone is on their toes wondering on which route, but this is damn annoying.
Jan 29, 2014 6:03 AM

Jul 2010
Fai said:
AmberFebruary said:

Director:
Miura Takahiro

Character Design:

And?

Also nowhere doe sit state its anime original route. It only says that it will have new content unseen in "the original".

yes, because you nag like a broken record and clearly act like one of those fans that "hey i'm a fan and i really really understand everything" so they should do what i want, NOT what they want

and as stated
"They’re doing an original route with this adaption. The original content is done by Nasu Kinoko."

you can now already imagine all you want without worrying which of the three they really would focus too. are you really reading my posts? look at you now
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jan 29, 2014 6:11 AM

Jan 2013
It that turns out to be compleatly new 4th route of the Fate Story it can only be good for this anime.
After all we all know original F/SN all too well, and i dont feel like I need to see another cemake of the story.
Fate Zero was awesome as it was becouse it wasnt constrained by "cannon" story that much.

If I can get more of Fate with my favourites characters comming back, while experiencing an unknown intresting story that I will be following with intrent not knowing what will happen in next episode, i can only be happy.

I just hope this wont mix up ppl from Hollow Ataraxia in it becouse it will be a mess of the story in that case.

EDIT>
And i woudl alo like to avoid any meaningfull "redesigns" of characters, aspesialy any changes to their personalities.
I also wonder if voice actors can make a good performance on the charaters they voiced 10 years ago.
AngmirJan 29, 2014 6:15 AM
Jan 29, 2014 6:12 AM

Jul 2007
AmberFebruary said:
Fai said:
AmberFebruary said:

Director:
Miura Takahiro

Character Design:

And?

yes, because you nag like a broken record and clearly act like one of those fans that "hey i'm a fan and i really really understand everything" so they should do what i want, NOT what they want

and as stated
"They’re doing an original route with this adaption. The original content is done by Nasu Kinoko."

you can now already imagine all you want without worrying which of the three they really would focus too. are you really reading my posts? look at you now

Except the source yaraon blog does NOT STATE ITS AN ORIGINAL ROUTE

IT STATES THAT IT WILL HAVE (SOME) CONTENT NOT IN ORIGINAL AND NASU IS SUPERVISING IT.

GOd its 'its totes hf" bullshit from last year all over again.
Jan 29, 2014 6:20 AM

Jul 2007
http://i58.tinypic.com/2006xrn.jpg

All that is about FSN in the magazine. An interview with director. From the looks of it the "anime new material" part refers to them wanting explore more Shirou psychologically to showcase how much what happened in 4th war effects him so people can udnerstand him. How Nasu sees Shirou as someone who tries to pretend to be human/feel_human_emotions and how he never looks really happy(because his happiness is happiness of others). Pretty much the anime-originalk bullshit part stems from Nasu being in the meetings and talking about material that he did not include into the VN explaining the scenes.

The "material not seen in original" refers to litterally adaptation possibly containing material Nasu has not shared in any character materials or the VN itself, NOT the plot points

tl;dr NO route confirmed as of yet.
Jan 29, 2014 7:21 AM

Nov 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Asl said:
promotional poster:

Yep, I'm going to buy a wall scroll if it has this on it <3

At the very least, I will buy some merchandise from the F/sn anime :|

I'd go for one with Archer in his UBW. But that's just me.
Jan 30, 2014 5:15 AM

Sep 2011
Fai said:

All that is about FSN in the magazine. An interview with director. From the looks of it the "anime new material" part refers to them wanting explore more Shirou psychologically to showcase how much what happened in 4th war effects him so people can udnerstand him. How Nasu sees Shirou as someone who tries to pretend to be human/feel_human_emotions and how he never looks really happy(because his happiness is happiness of others). Pretty much the anime-originalk bullshit part stems from Nasu being in the meetings and talking about material that he did not include into the VN explaining the scenes.

The "material not seen in original" refers to litterally adaptation possibly containing material Nasu has not shared in any character materials or the VN itself, NOT the plot points

If what is written here is the only new material they included then yes, it is just some additional Nasu-only-knew information about the characters and the universe.

Even the leaked info only said "新事実" (new facts) and nothing about changing existing ones.

But despite that, 2ch is filled with commenters that are sure that this is the original route, and I wonder where that piece of information came from.

Anyone managed to get hands on the complete actual magazine?
Jan 30, 2014 6:00 AM

Jul 2007
Zulkir said:
Fai said:

If what is written here is the only new material they included then yes, it is just some additional Nasu-only-knew information about the characters and the universe.

Even the leaked info only said "新事実" (new facts) and nothing about changing existing ones.

But despite that, 2ch is filled with commenters that are sure that this is the original route, and I wonder where that piece of information came from.

Anyone managed to get hands on the complete actual magazine?

THis IS the "complete" part. Apart from that we have a bunch of character scans, a F/HA PS Vita re-release anouncement and the poster. That's it.

And yeah, the internet did a brainfart the exact same way when everyone jumped onto assuming it "HAS TO BE" HF last year.
Jan 30, 2014 7:34 AM
May 2013
Hey guys, I'm a little ignorant to Fate/Stay Night, I'm paranoid about story spoilers and don't really understand all the "routes" and stuff (although maybe someone can explain that spoiler-free)

ANYWAYS, I LOVED Fate/Zero but never saw Fate/Stay cause I had it wasn't anywhere near as good... is this remake done by the same studio that did Fate/Zero??? If so I'll assume it will be in the same style.. ie. played pretty serious/dark but with some comedy?

Also will this be like a "second season" of Fate/Zero? Like will it continue with the same characters?
Jan 30, 2014 7:53 AM

Jul 2007
DouLou said:
Hey guys, I'm a little ignorant to Fate/Stay Night, I'm paranoid about story spoilers and don't really understand all the "routes" and stuff (although maybe someone can explain that spoiler-free)

ANYWAYS, I LOVED Fate/Zero but never saw Fate/Stay cause I had it wasn't anywhere near as good... is this remake done by the same studio that did Fate/Zero??? If so I'll assume it will be in the same style.. ie. played pretty serious/dark but with some comedy?

Also will this be like a "second season" of Fate/Zero? Like will it continue with the same characters?

Its set 10 years after Fate/Zero events. So no its not exactly a "second season".

The only characters to return are Shirou(the kid Kiritsugu saved in the end of F/0), Kirei, Illya(Kiritsugu's daughter), Sakura(Tokiomi's daughter that was sold to Zouken for the whole worm thing) and Rin(Tokiomi's other daughter).

Tone wise FSN is a bit more hopeful(since the very idea of F/0 is the "tragedy set in stone that kickstarts those events") and it certainly has more comedic moments, but it can be just as dark as F/0 at moments. ANd

Yes its same studio, but its unknown on to what extent they are adapting nor WHAT they are doing at all so far.

AS for route thing - FSN is structured in a way that its essentially "three different versions" of the same event told one after the other. Its essentially three timelines, three "parallel realities"(with wildly different outcomes due to different choices made by the lead character) told in a certain order. However they are not entirelly "separate" as what you learn in one version(character motivations, lore, etc) is needed to understand the next one.
AhenshihaelJan 30, 2014 7:56 AM
Jan 30, 2014 8:20 AM
May 2013
Fai said:
Its set 10 years after Fate/Zero events. So no its not exactly a "second season".

The only characters to return are Shirou(the kid Kiritsugu saved in the end of F/0), Kirei, Illya(Kiritsugu's daughter), Sakura(Tokiomi's daughter that was sold to Zouken for the whole worm thing) and Rin(Tokiomi's other daughter).

Tone wise FSN is a bit more hopeful(since the very idea of F/0 is the "tragedy set in stone that kickstarts those events") and it certainly has more comedic moments, but it can be just as dark as F/0 at moments. ANd

Yes its same studio, but its unknown on to what extent they are adapting nor WHAT they are doing at all so far.

AS for route thing - FSN is structured in a way that its essentially "three different versions" of the same event told one after the other. Its essentially three timelines, three "parallel realities"(with wildly different outcomes due to different choices made by the lead character) told in a certain order. However they are not entirelly "separate" as what you learn in one version(character motivations, lore, etc) is needed to understand the next one.

Ah thanks for the explanation!

myanimelist puts Sabre and Gilgamesh in the cast, are they both returning as well?

I'm pretty damn excited about this. I don't know anything about the existing storylines so I guess I'm lucky in the sense that I can approach this season with complete neutrality.
Jan 30, 2014 8:30 AM

Jun 2012
DouLou said:

myanimelist puts Sabre and Gilgamesh in the cast, are they both returning as well?

Yes, they are both coming back.

Gilgamesh originally was supposed to be a surprise character in "Fate/Stay Night", but since everyone who is going to watch this already knows about "Fate/Zero", there's no point in hiding it.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Jan 30, 2014 8:40 AM

Jan 2013
DouLou said:
Fai said:

Ah thanks for the explanation!

I'm pretty damn excited about this. I don't know anything about the existing storylines so I guess I'm lucky in the sense that I can approach this season with complete neutrality.

Yes they are returning.

Fiirst of all Fate Stay night isnt an anime - it begun as a Game - a Visual Novel - interactive story, that bracnches into 3 main "routes":
Fate - one that was adapted poorly into anime some 8 years ago
Unlimited Blade Works - there was a 2 hours long Movie adaptation of it
and Heavens Feel - that route was never adapted before into a animation - mainly becouse it is the darkest most complicated and not neceserly positive in the end.

Fate Zero is a story depicturaing events 10 years before events set in the game from 2004. But frankly it is ment to be watched by the ppl who allready saw all 3 arcs of the Old Visual Novel.
I can imagine that watching fate Zero first might be a bit troublesome for someone new especialy first 2 epsiodes, but most of all one must know Fate Stay Night to understand the ending of Fate Zero.

If you liked Fate Zero a lot i sugest you should try reading the Visual Novel now. it might be old but it still remains one of the best visual novels to date. Only then you can understand the true greatness of this series,

But i guess watching Fate Zero as jsut another Action anime is good for some ppl too :) I like it a lot becouse of the great acting, awesome music, and amazing emotional impact it had. But it still doesnt beat the fealing I had reading VN for the first time.
Jan 30, 2014 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
Andan210 said:

Yes, they are both coming back.

Gilgamesh originally was supposed to be a surprise character in "Fate/Stay Night", but since everyone who is going to watch this already knows about "Fate/Zero", there's no point in hiding it.

well unless we get heavens Feel after all - then Gilgamesh is just a fodder ;p
Jan 30, 2014 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Is True Assassin not a secret anymore? They went over this in the Onegai! Einzbern special and I'm pretty sure they said only Hassan is Assassin

Anit Onegai! Einzbern basicly as much reliable as Carnival Phantasm ?
Jan 30, 2014 9:07 AM

May 2009
Forgetfulness said:
Is True Assassin not a secret anymore? They went over this in the Onegai! Einzbern special and I'm pretty sure they said only Hassan is Assassin
I doubt everyone who watched F/Z also watched the BD specials.
Jan 30, 2014 11:34 PM

Jul 2007
Kinoko Nasu's Blog said:

―――さて。
あらゆる創作者にとって自作とは子供のようなものです。
叶うのならどこまでも健やかに育ってほしいと願い、Fateをここまで育ててきました。
月日が経つにつれ子供だった頃の面影は消え、違う一面を見せるようになるでしょう。

Well then.
Every creator’s work is like a child to them.
I wished for it to grow up to be healthy in every respect, and so Fate has grown this much.
As time passes, the child you knew will disappear, but it will surely show you a different side of itself.

「極端な話ですが、物語性においても映像面においてもzeroとは別のモノと考えてください。
stay nightが目指したものとZeroが目指したものは別のもの。
これを無遠慮に繋げてしまうと物語も空気感も破綻します。
stay nightもzeroも違う作家が書いた違う物語だからこそ、互いを尊重しあえるものなんです」

It’s an extreme story, but please think of it as something separate from Zero in terms of both story and animation.
What Stay Night aimed for was different from what Zero aimed for.
Presumptively trying to tie this together will destroy both the story and the atmosphere.
Stay Night and Zero can mutually respect each other because of the fact that they were different stories written by different authors.

暴論である事は覚悟の上での発言でした。
自分はzeroという大仕事を終えてくれたスタッフに「前の仕事の方法論は忘れてほしい」と言 ったのです。
そんな中、その場に集まったスタッフの皆さんははっきりと返してくれました。

「勿論わかっています。これはzeroの続編ではなく、stay nightという新作ですから」と。

I said that knowing very well that it was an irrational argument.
I told the staff who had kindly completed the major work that was Zero that I wanted them to forget the methodology of the previous work.
In that context, the staff there gave me this clear response:

"Of course, we understand that. This is not a continuation of Zero, but a new work called Stay Night after all."

―――この時点で、奈須きのこの“でも今になってFateってどうなの?”なんて迷いは消えまし た。
あれだけの成功の後に、こんな言葉を即答できるスタッフとものづくりができる事に感謝を。
今は『ufo版Fate/stay night』が10年の歳月に相応しいものに仕上がるよう、微力ながらお手伝いさせていただいております 。

At this point, Nasu Kinoko’s worries like “Really, at this point, is Fate alright?” vanished.
I am grateful to the staff who, even after such a great success, can give me that kind of immediate reply, and I am grateful that this craftsmanship is possible.
Although I’m unskilled, I am helping to create a Fate/Stay Night (Ufo Version) that will be suitable for the tenth anniversary.

GG, Nasu. True philosopher. Wall of text and absolutely nothing new said except "this is not F/0 but FSN" (NO SHIT CAPTAIN OBVIOUS)
Feb 8, 2014 4:25 AM

Jul 2007
http://i.imgur.com/AUDkcSH.jpg

New poster.

Which yet again tells us nothing by including all core characters for all three routes.
Feb 8, 2014 6:07 AM

Mar 2008
wondering if there'll be romance like in fate/stay night ._.
i have to say.. im still a little confused by all this "original story" stuff, etc.

so fate/stay night and fate/zero were anime adaptions of the visual novels... i get that, but now there'll be something completely new
they won't follow the visual novel-story

i would have loved to see how the real story continues after fate/stay night, but i guess that's impossible (unless they decide to do that later on)

would love to know if shirou+saber actually see each other again after fate/stay night in the real story.. and if their romance continues

but in this original 2014-version... i wonder what'll happen.. will it simply be a side-story (since it didn't actually happen in the visual novel), or will they still make this a sequel even though it did not happen in the visual novel?

and will we ever see (as an anime adaption of the visual novel) what truly happens and how the story progresses after fate/stay night?

don't get me wrong.. im really excited for this, but i hate not knowing the full (real) story
RomeoFeb 8, 2014 6:11 AM
Feb 8, 2014 6:17 AM

Aug 2009
Even if it is a new story, you can take it as a new route.We know they exist ,they just wont be adaptations since they are in he VN.So it will still be a canon "main story".

As for story after FSN,there is a bit in Hollow Ataraxia.Other than that
Feb 8, 2014 6:25 AM

Mar 2008
would love to open that spoiler and read what actually happens after fate/stay night, but... i'd regret it if they ever actually decided on making an anime adaption of that part of the visual novel :/

+ i'm still hoping for a happy ending... if i open that spoiler and it somehow says "they both die".. or "they won't see each other again" i'd regret it as well :(

but still.. thanks a lot!

and what do you mean when you say "it will still be a canon main story" and "we know they exist" ?

if i'm not mistaken... the 2014 fate/stay night adaption will be something 100% original... something which did not happen in the visual novel, am i correct?
and therefore it can't be considered a part of the main story
Feb 8, 2014 6:29 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Even if it is a new story, you can take it as a new route.We know they exist ,they just wont be adaptations since they are in he VN.So it will still be a canon "main story".

As for story after FSN,there is a bit in Hollow Ataraxia.Other than that

Not really correct

Romeo said:

and what do you mean when you say "it will still be a canon main story" and "we know they exist" ?

Nasuverse is a multiverse. All three routes are canon as they happen in separate parallel realities. Fate/Extra, Prisma Illya and Apocrypha timelines are also just as canon. Thus if they DO go through an anime-original route(which I doubt) and nasu recognizes the trainwreck that results, then it will be just as canon.
AhenshihaelFeb 8, 2014 6:33 AM
Feb 8, 2014 6:39 AM

Mar 2008
now i'm even more confused, sorry xD

but i've just read that the fate/zero story was never actually in the visual novel? it was released as a light novel... and i still consider it part of the main story

so i should be able to accept this 2014 original anime as part of the whole story/universe as well =)

i think i'll just read what happens in Fate/hollow ataraxia (sequel to fate/stay night) later...

there's only... fate/zero --> fate/stay night --> Fate/hollow ataraxia, correct? (talking about the main story)
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.