Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Oct 10, 2021 6:15 AM

Aug 2017
Don't know how to feel about it. The first few arcs were definitely the best for me, but after that I think the quality got worse. The pace especially, I remember the battle with that 100 pointer, holy shit that was too long. And what about Kei trying to rescue Tae, too much time wasted on that. And now the ending feels too short for me :/

The thing I'm most disappointed about is the thing with the vampires, I may have missed it but what exactly was their motive? And Kei's brother(akira?) killed off screen was also disappointing. Wanted to learn about him and the vampires.

Also the art is gorgeous, but sometimes I had a hard time following the fights.

That being said I think there were also a lot of good things. The characters for example, Kei has got one of the best characters developments that I've seen. Sakurai also had some nice development , Nishi and Izumi were such interesting characters that I really liked and there were more but forgot them names. Maybe not all of them were likeable, Nishi especially but not every characters needs to be so.

So in the end I can say that I sure enjoyed this serie, but there are still things were I'm unsatisfied with. Good serie though.
redorzoOct 10, 2021 6:20 AM
Oct 24, 2021 10:42 PM

Sep 2020
I admit this is the greatest manga that ever created on earth (besides Berserk), yes we all know some people think this is trash but I admit this manga is quite exciting and tense in every chapter. It's rare for manga like this now or even I think this is the last manga with this theme and everything else is just imitation.

Deaths in this manga are also 5 times more than most survival action manga in general and even each chapter also has many characters who die horribly, Oku Hiroya also has no mercy on his artificial character.

And Wtf people saying this is the worst ending ever? this is even 10x times better than the Attack on Titan ending.
Oct 29, 2021 1:01 AM

May 2019
Imagine being a Gantz fan and spending years reading the final arc with a blindfold on. Y'all are such dramaqueens. I went into this expecting a dogpoo ending because of the reputation everyone gave it. I liked the ending arc and this final chapter was satisfying. Thank you, Oku Hiroya, for this great series.
Mar 6, 2022 12:49 AM
Jan 2018
Guess I'm the first one to comment in 2022, Gantz in my opinion had an amazing start but slowly fell in the last few arcs.
I really liked the mystery surrounding it in the first few arcs and to me that was the point this series peaked.

Needless to say the art and characters were interesting to read and follow, only if they didn't kill them again and again only to bring them back.

I'm not disappointed but it was an alright series imo, if this gets an adaptation by Mappa or Madhouse then it'd be really good.
Mar 22, 2022 2:47 PM
Nov 2017
what the ending needs is at least a one chapter epilogue...in fact... it would be really cool if someone who's creative writes a fan fictional epilogue of the gantz manga on fanfiction.net. if someone can do that, that would be great.
Mar 25, 2022 3:01 PM
Mar 2022
Man that ending was kind of a letdown lol... I stayed up last night reading the last 90 issues and had to check this morning if I hallucinated that ending or if I perhaps missed another chapter.. They really need to do an epilogue for this, but also I kind like the theory that those last few pages were just a hallucination they had as they died since it made no sense.
I dont know why so many people hated Tae, I liked her alot, but Im biased since I used to date a girl like her, ditzy and all. I think she represented "Innocence", someone literally tries to sexually assault her and her response is "I just wanna be friends" lol

I honestly feel like this series would do really good if they made an American adaptation..it has it all! Sex, violence, drama etc etc... hell maybe the random americans that showed up in the manga will get a backstory too? XD
Apr 2, 2022 8:38 PM

Jun 2017
finally I was able to read the whole thing lol

actually I really enjoyed this manga, I have to admit that the last chapter was quite confusing and after reasoning for a moment I think Kurono and Kato really died and all those last panels were an hallucination, very "strange" that Tae (after two or three days like it's mentioned) was wearing the same clothes?

for me they're indeed dead and that's something that fits perfectly with the story
Apr 30, 2022 4:53 AM
May 2021
I don't know why everyone is reacting like that when Gantz is like that from the beginning it is trashy from the beginning with many flaws well yeah the ending is rushed so many things are still not explained but I can't deny that it is one of the most enjoyable manga I have ever read.Gantz is guilty pleasure for me.

Overrall Mary Mclane is the hottest girl XD
Milan-5Apr 30, 2022 4:57 AM
May 13, 2022 7:34 AM
Feb 2022
I saw this ending coming, but I really enjoyed the manga as a whole. It had some great moments, and the fighting sequences were always gripping.

The art in the last arc is the best of all sagas, but the storyline of it wasn't following the quality.

Kei acting so needy towards Tae and vice versa became a tad annoying, and the escape arc was so dragged... And by the way, Reika shouldn't have died, I really liked her.

There could be a novel or any other second work, making the conclusion more satisfying and logical.
May 31, 2022 11:17 PM

May 2015
What a journey. The day is saved, all is well and they have survived. Honestly speed reading it has made it a very tight and compact story. Though I can see where it would have dragged for those who had to read it over a long period of time.

Ultimately though, even with all the loose ends and little epilogue i'm very satisfied and happy with the tale. 10/10, glad that kei and kato accomplished their goals.
Jun 20, 2022 3:32 PM

Feb 2022
A satisfying conclusion to an addictively bleak series.
Jul 14, 2022 9:34 PM
Dec 2020
BrianSuperPie said:
I admit this is the greatest manga that ever created on earth (besides Berserk), yes we all know some people think this is trash but I admit this manga is quite exciting and tense in every chapter. It's rare for manga like this now or even I think this is the last manga with this theme and everything else is just imitation.

Deaths in this manga are also 5 times more than most survival action manga in general and even each chapter also has many characters who die horribly, Oku Hiroya also has no mercy on his artificial character.

And Wtf people saying this is the worst ending ever? this is even 10x times better than the Attack on Titan ending.
FACT, the ending was really satisfying (at least for me). Kei,Taei,Kato,his brother, the osaka girl, they can finally rest and be happy after all the fucked up things that they went through. and yes this ending is WAY better than aot ending, WAY better
Sep 6, 2022 6:24 AM

Aug 2022
Okay so this is it.
Good, evberybody's happy but I was hoping to get a sigh of Kaze and Takeshi once again.

Anyway, I read this manga long after it was released and was describing it as: The game of thrones without the thrones just killing the people for no reason. But this end went full Disney.
LaurenStarkSep 6, 2022 6:27 AM
Sep 20, 2022 7:31 PM
Sep 2019
The_Fan said:
I think this is the worst ending I've ever read.

3/10

You might need to read Maho Shojo Site then (but only after reading Maho Shojo of the End)
Sep 27, 2022 6:49 PM
Feb 2022
Spanish comment.

Al fín. Vi el anime cuando tenia 12 años, y por mucho tiempo escuche que el manga era diferente. Fueron 15 años, pero al fín decidí leer la verdadera historia y por fín sacarme esa espina. Fue una buena historia con sus altos y bajos, pero no hay historia perfecta. Me alegro que Kei y Tae por fin lograran terminar juntos. Takeshi tiene una familia amorosa. Ayumu recupero a su hermano Kato.
Me hubiese gustado que Reika sobreviviera, y que Kurono hubiera podido vencer al ultimo alien sin ayuda.
Fue un año de lectura, pero valió la pena. Gracias por la historia Oku Hiroya.
Oct 22, 2022 3:13 PM
Jan 2021
Phew man there were chapters were nothing was happening and then we get yet another super rushed ending. The last boss didn’t even feel dangerous.

Rip Reika. I was rooting for you
Oct 30, 2022 7:17 AM

Jan 2020
Holy shit what a kino ending. People really don't understand what peak is even if it hit them right in the face.

The final arc in general was an awesome conclusion to the series. Kei was a fantastic protagonist and seeing him triumphant saving all of humanity was cathartic as all hell.

My gripes of the series are that I felt Izumi was wasted, as his dynamic with Kei had tremendous potential but was undercooked. The characters I also felt could have been focused on quite a bit more. The series would have been a 10/10 if I didn't have these issues.

Apart from that I really have no other complaints. Gantz is a very strong 9/10 for me.
Feb 21, 2023 11:16 AM

Oct 2021
no words... 10/10 manga
Finn086Feb 26, 2023 3:46 AM
Mar 27, 2023 5:24 AM

Sep 2015
What a masterpiece.

Jokes aside, it was good for like... the beginning maybe.

Honestly, I have no idea why I had to force myself to finish this but I did anyway.

Despite spending many hours reading, I literally felt nothing when it was finished.

Nonetheless, it was a little bit fun in certain chapters, so I guess it's not a complete disaster.
Apr 19, 2023 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
Perfect but I didn't like the final at all
Sep 12, 2023 7:07 PM

Dec 2019
Sooo.. This entire manga was a fake scenario created by the author who imagined himself as Kei with hero complex 😂

I think it all went wrong after the introduction to goddamn vampires.. and the overwhelming plot armor where you'd just "why aren't you dead yet Kei, Katou, Tae". Otherwise this manga had an incredible start-midway, beautiful art-style (if you put aside the obvious CGI) and it had some insanely gruesome scenes which would never get approved nowadays

It's a shame the author just gave up halfway through and didn't even bother solving half of the riddles. I wonder if it was some intentional "LeT tHe rEaderS DEcide" crap or if the author realized the amount of fucking plot-introductions he made, then knew it'd be too unbearable to give any explanation

Cool manga overall, had the potential to be one of my favorite but now I hate and respect it. Imo it has the greatest character art-style out of any manga

Dec 31, 2023 12:16 AM
Mar 2021
Honestly didn't mind the ending, but I get why people were mad at it. I still loved Gantz for what it was and the adventure it brought us on. I loved nearly all the characters except for Nishi and Izumi (although I appreciated Izumi in some parts). I didn't get why people were so angry at Tae for being such a crybaby. I guess that's how people thought back then and everyone was edgy in the early 2010s. I can count myself lucky for binging it because I couldn't imagine waiting monthly for the chapters to come out.

Overall I feel a strong 9/10 for this crazy manga, with the only thing hindering it being the rushed ending. The art was fire but sometimes could be jarring with the effects of CG and real life implemented. Action and stakes were on top as well. Kei Kurono was an excellent protagonist and I really missed him during the Osaka team arc. I'll definitely try out some of Oku's other works seeing that he makes some insane shit.
Feb 18, 7:38 AM

Jan 2020
The obligatory beach chapter is finally delivered even though it is short...but well "existence is like this"

Honestly the alien invasion arc feltoo long, I think I would've preferred the god as the final boss instead of the giant rat...but well "existence is like this"

So many things left unexplained, but well "existence is like this"

Lesson to be learned: "existence is like this"
Mar 12, 5:17 PM
Dec 2010
That was a whole lot of fun to read! But what the fuck happened the last 20-30 chapters?! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was a total clusterfuck of an ending. I wish they at least gave a proper ending. Oh well, at least it's done with.... what do I read now?
Mar 25, 1:19 AM
Apr 2019
Honestly needs an anime remake
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.