New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
May 30, 2013 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
I also think that Elfen Lied art is ugly, still worth reading on scan imo

doraemon1992 said:
Can I also get some manga recommendations? :D

oh, and no need to make a recommendation based on my manga list as i haven't managed them yet.
Just recommend me any mangas that immediately pop up in your mind when someone ask you. I am fine with any genre, and whether it's fun short manga or a hundred chaptes one. My reading stocks is finished and got no clue for new one

Argh my reply didn't appear when I posted

Monster and Vagabond are must, monster is a thriller with high suspense, Vagabond a seinen telling the story of Miyamoto Musashi, Vagabond art is the best in any manga ever made

Rumiko Takahashi mangas are very good comedy mangas, my favourite is Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku is also very similar and very good

HunterXHunter is among the best adventure mangas, my 3rd fav after berserk and monster, many dislike the art, I really like it
May 30, 2013 7:12 PM

Apr 2013
Haakonwale said:

Watch FMA:B
Remove: Elfen Lied

Actually, I completed FMA:B last week. I forgot to update my list. I'm gonna be honest with you, I liked the plot as a whole, but I was quite disappointed in the end. That scene with Roy and Envy and all that righteousness crap really got me bored. Way too mellow for me.

metamorphius said:

@cielo_blue
Looking at your list, I think you might like Serial Experiments Lain, Kino's Journey, Texhnolyze, maybe even Natsume Yuujinchou.

You were absolutely right about Lain, Kino no Tabi and Texhnolyze. I'm currently watching Lain (i've seen two episodes so far) and I'm really liking it! It was dumb of me skipping this show only cuz it had a girl as protagonist.. but that was waay back then (10 years ago or more). The last one I'm not sure.. I've seen the OP and it didn't sound or look like something I'd enjoy. And the other two I've already seen!

I'm looking for something like"Now and Then, Here and There", Seirei no Mobiribito or Twelve Kingdoms.. a series that has no fan service and a good plot.

From 2009 to 2012 I've been quite inactive, so I might have passed on a good show like the ones I've mentioned. If you have anything in your list like that please let me know!

Anyway, thank you for the replies! : D
cielo_blueMay 30, 2013 7:47 PM
May 30, 2013 7:22 PM

Sep 2012
I recommend Dennou Coil. It has no fanservice and a good plot. It has a lot in common with Serial Experiments Lain, except the tone is a lot different, although it does take on a more similar tone after about 15 episodes or so.
May 31, 2013 8:31 AM

Aug 2009
cielo_blue said:

metamorphius said:

@cielo_blue
Looking at your list, I think you might like Serial Experiments Lain, Kino's Journey, Texhnolyze, maybe even Natsume Yuujinchou.

You were absolutely right about Lain, Kino no Tabi and Texhnolyze. I'm currently watching Lain (i've seen two episodes so far) and I'm really liking it! It was dumb of me skipping this show only cuz it had a girl as protagonist.. but that was waay back then (10 years ago or more). The last one I'm not sure.. I've seen the OP and it didn't sound or look like something I'd enjoy. And the other two I've already seen!

I'm looking for something like"Now and Then, Here and There", Seirei no Mobiribito or Twelve Kingdoms.. a series that has no fan service and a good plot.

From 2009 to 2012 I've been quite inactive, so I might have passed on a good show like the ones I've mentioned. If you have anything in your list like that please let me know!

Yeah, I am not exactly sure you'd like Natsume Yuujinchou myself, but it is the closest (although not quite close) thing to Mushishi I could think of, so I decided to mention it.

Bokurano has some similarities to Now and Then, Here and There, so maybe you could give it a go. Also, Madoka Magica if you haven't seen it yet.

Ergo Proxy has a similar mood and style as Texhnolyze, although, overall, it's not as good as Texhnolyze.
May 31, 2013 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
If someone like now and then here and there then "gundam 0080 war in the pocket" is must try doesn't matter he or she likes mecha or not.You can also try Green legend ran.
May 31, 2013 11:05 AM

Aug 2009
@2_Steps_Ahead
Do you need to have seen some other Gundams prior to 0800 or can you just jump into it?
May 31, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2012
metamorphius said:
@2_Steps_Ahead
Do you need to have seen some other Gundams prior to 0800 or can you just jump into it?

No,other gundams are not required.I myself have not seen older gundam.
May 31, 2013 11:30 AM

Aug 2009
Excellent. Then I shall add it to the top of my ptw list. It sounds interesting.
May 31, 2013 2:22 PM

Apr 2013
shiranui51 said:
Monster and Vagabond are must, monster is a thriller with high suspense, Vagabond a seinen telling the story of Miyamoto Musashi, Vagabond art is the best in any manga ever made
Just starting Vagabond, and it has 300+ chapters, niceee.. thanks for the recommendation :D

oh, and
2_Steps_Ahead said:
If someone like now and then here and there then "gundam 0080 war in the pocket" is must try doesn't matter he or she likes mecha or not.You can also try Green legend ran.
Where can i find the streaming or download of this manga? because my usual website doesn;t have it D:
May 31, 2013 2:25 PM

Apr 2013
Can I get recommendations as to which are the best website for streaming anime / read manga online?
as my almighty powerful internet doesn't permit any download
May 31, 2013 2:36 PM

May 2012
I usually use AnimeUltima for streaming and MangaFox for manga. Crunchyroll is good too (and legal) but the selection isn't that good, especially if you don't live in America.
May 31, 2013 2:38 PM
Jul 2012
Give me some short manga I should read.
May 31, 2013 2:48 PM

Sep 2012
Uzumaki is only 20 chapters. Is that short enough?
May 31, 2013 2:50 PM
Jul 2012
Ehh sorta. Prefer it to be like one shot or like 10 to 15 chapters,but that is okay. May check that one.
May 31, 2013 4:12 PM

Apr 2013
@BRS: well, it's not a manga but a manhwa actually, but it is pretty good.. Hotel by boichi, one of his best one shot, the art is great and worth to tried
May 31, 2013 5:05 PM

Feb 2008
Try Mugen Utamaro. It's based on the novel "Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde, but set in feudal Japan. The ending is kinda predictable if you know about Dorian Gray, but the story is interesting.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 31, 2013 5:46 PM
Jul 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Try Mugen Utamaro. It's based on the novel "Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde, but set in feudal Japan. The ending is kinda predictable if you know about Dorian Gray, but the story is interesting.

Cool, don't know who Oscar W;ide is so maybe this manga will be good. Will try this.
May 31, 2013 9:28 PM

Mar 2009
Hello all~
I have been in this club for a while but haven't posted yet. I would also like some anime recommendations based on my list ^.^
glitchhunterMay 31, 2013 11:23 PM
Jun 1, 2013 12:53 AM

Aug 2009
doraemon1992 said:
Can I get recommendations as to which are the best website for streaming anime / read manga online?

For reading manga online, definitely batoto. They've got the best quality scanlations.
Jun 1, 2013 1:27 AM

Dec 2011
metamorphius said:
doraemon1992 said:

For reading manga online, definitely batoto. They've got the best quality scanlations.
Batoto is a good choice because of the quality, but pages might also take longer to load because of that depending on your connection. For some alternatives:
-A good place to start is to check if the scanlators (that can be found on the manga's baka-updates page) have their own online reader. HQ, no tags on pages like mangafox and mangahere are notorious for, and you're supporting their hard work.
-Mangapark.com is another one I like, just because you can simply scroll downward instead of keep having to tap the arrow key or click the mouse. They also don't tag over the images.
-I also like animea.net since I can sometimes find things there that I can't find elsewhere, and mangahere.com since I can easily subscribe to stuff w/o registering.

For anime streaming, otaku-streamers.com is my favorite and the best site I've used so far. You have to make an account, but it's a painless process. There's also goodanime.net, crunchyroll, netflix.

And if you have an ipod, iphone or android, try realitylapse.com.
Jun 1, 2013 1:47 AM

Nov 2011
I personally like Kissmanga.com for manga just because it loads the whole chapter at once so you just scroll instead of having to click.
Jun 1, 2013 2:06 AM

Nov 2009
Batoto's scans aren't higher quality than any other site since they use the same scans for the most part (a few manga may have higher scans if a HQ scanlation group goes back and Batoto decides to re-upload them when other sites don't ... however people will probably also upload these scans on to other sites) ...

Also I should note this ideal that Mangafox is "evil" because they don't give credit to the scanlation group is just ... well it shows a complete lack of understanding in how the site works ... The major problem is who are these "they" people are referring to? The people who upload scans on to the site are normal users, not the "owners" of the site, and it is up to the people uploading the scans to the site to make sure and keep the credits page in the zipped file containing the chapter or volume being uploaded. Mangafox however doesn't go around and make sure each and every chapter is given credit ... So ... However I would like to make clear, the lack of credit being given to a scanlation group is due to the uploader, NOT the site itself (also the problem usually occurs because the scanlation group doesn't upload the manga on to the site itself, which would take out this possibility of failure ... I know it is an annoying step to have to take, but takes a few seconds, and guarantees you don't get jipped out of any credit)

However, not really advocating mangafox as many of the manga are licensed in my area ... And not accusing anyone here of believing in the aformentioned fallacy, however always cringe when I see someone accusing a site (which basically works like a wiki) of not giving a group credit.

I would say that the site I usually prefer is Mangahere since it has the largest selection from what I can tell, and all are available (although use Mangafox's "directory" to help choose what I want to read)

(Manga.animea.net works well too, and usually at the end of reading a manga it will show a list of all other works by author, similar works based on genre, and then other works that readers most often read, which is pretty helpful if you just want to link a bunch of short manga together)

(Batoto is okay, the biggest problem they suffer though, is their are quite a few manga not found on their Database)
Pirating_NinjaJun 1, 2013 2:11 AM
Jun 1, 2013 2:27 AM

Aug 2009
I remember there being a pretty big fuss about mangafox some time ago (who deosn't remember this http://www.mangaupdates.com/showtopic.php?tid=28000) but it's a yesterday's news and I am not interested about getting into the whole mangafox debate.
I personally don't read online. Instead I either download manga directly from scanlator's site (sometime using baka-updates to see which groups are scanlating a certain manga) or from one of the manga sites via DomDomSoft Manga downloader (a very handy programme btw).
metamorphiusJun 1, 2013 2:31 AM
Jun 1, 2013 8:37 AM

Sep 2011
Amberleh said:
I personally like Kissmanga.com for manga just because it loads the whole chapter at once so you just scroll instead of having to click.
Batoto does that as well for a lot of manga, but it all depends of the scanlation group want that to be an option.
Jun 1, 2013 9:58 AM
Jul 2012
Now starting to like kissmanga
Jun 1, 2013 9:59 AM

Jun 2011
I tend to go with Mangahere.com as well. My problem with Mangafox has nothing to do with credit or scanlators or anything, but the fact that my computer flips out when I try to go there sometimes.
Jun 1, 2013 1:32 PM

Dec 2011
Pirating_Ninja said:
Also I should note this ideal that Mangafox is "evil" because they don't give credit to the scanlation group is just ... well it shows a complete lack of understanding in how the site works ... The major problem is who are these "they" people are referring to? The people who upload scans on to the site are normal users, not the "owners" of the site, and it is up to the people uploading the scans to the site to make sure and keep the credits page in the zipped file containing the chapter or volume being uploaded. Mangafox however doesn't go around and make sure each and every chapter is given credit ... So ... However I would like to make clear, the lack of credit being given to a scanlation group is due to the uploader, NOT the site itself (also the problem usually occurs because the scanlation group doesn't upload the manga on to the site itself, which would take out this possibility of failure ... I know it is an annoying step to have to take, but takes a few seconds, and guarantees you don't get jipped out of any credit)

However, not really advocating mangafox as many of the manga are licensed in my area ... And not accusing anyone here of believing in the aformentioned fallacy, however always cringe when I see someone accusing a site (which basically works like a wiki) of not giving a group credit.
My gripe with Mangafox has nothing to do with giving credit or not; I've read hundreds of titles on MF, and the credit pages are always there when they should be and likely in the right order. The problem with MF every file on that site is altered to include it's name on the bottom, when the only thing MF does is host the image without having taken any part in the production of it. Their "disclaimer" could easily be embed on the webpage instead. And many scanlators DO host their own files and/or ask that their files not be uploaded to hosting sites like Mangafox, but they are anyway.

Mangahere does the same thing and it might be even more annoying there.. a lot of times the tags block TNs or other text that were originally viewable behind it.
EmmrysJun 1, 2013 1:40 PM
Jun 1, 2013 2:47 PM

Nov 2009
Emmrys said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

My gripe with Mangafox has nothing to do with giving credit or not; I've read hundreds of titles on MF, and the credit pages are always there when they should be and likely in the right order. The problem with MF every file on that site is altered to include it's name on the bottom, when the only thing MF does is host the image without having taken any part in the production of it. Their "disclaimer" could easily be embed on the webpage instead. And many scanlators DO host their own files and/or ask that their files not be uploaded to hosting sites like Mangafox, but they are anyway.

Mangahere does the same thing and it might be even more annoying there.. a lot of times the tags block TNs or other text that were originally viewable behind it.
Yeah, pretty sure Mangahere is owned by the same people as Mangafox ... Not positive on this though.
Jun 1, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2011
I think Manga Panda is my LEAST favorite. They make pages longer just so they can plaster their logo right in the middle.
Jun 1, 2013 10:50 PM

Apr 2013
Wow, that's a lot of recommendations than expected, but hey thanks guys :D

I was trying on kissmanga and the scrolling part is like a dream come true, so i will stick with it for now

As for mangahere, I tried that website long time ago, and the very first manga I read is scanned horribly, as they literally scan a real comic book so you can actually see the crease on the comic. I can't remember what manga is it but I never use mangahere anymore.
Jun 2, 2013 2:23 AM

Nov 2009
doraemon1992 said:

I was trying on kissmanga and the scrolling part is like a dream come true, so i will stick with it for now

As for mangahere, I tried that website long time ago, and the very first manga I read is scanned horribly, as they literally scan a real comic book so you can actually see the crease on the comic. I can't remember what manga is it but I never use mangahere anymore.
Poor quality scans are due to the scanlators, not that the site deserves any credit for good quality scans, but neither are they at fault for poor quality scans ... It is most likely that every site would have poor quality scans for that manga. Usually the scans for a manga will be the same on every site, although every now and then a site won't update the manga if new, higher quality scans are released but I haven't found this to be very common.
Jun 5, 2013 7:09 PM

Apr 2013
doraemon1992 said:

If you can't find good scans of any manga you want to read, then you can try Mangatraders they supposedly added their own reader now but you can also download it but you first have to sign up.
Jun 29, 2013 8:55 AM

Oct 2012
Welp, looks like Seikai no Monshou is going to be my 150th anime title.

Can you guys advice me a title that should be my 175th? You can refer to my PTW list or just give me something completely new. Many thanks!

My 200th will be Gintama. . . Just wanted to get that out there.
Jun 29, 2013 9:45 AM

Nov 2012
Fuck my life. I just realized that K-On was my 200th anime

Ducat_Revel said:

Can you guys advice me a title that should be my 175th? You can refer to my PTW list or just give me something completely new. Many thanks!

My 200th will be Gintama. . . Just wanted to get that out there.

I'd go with Texhnolyze.

I'm requesting some healing anime. Like Aria or Hidamari. Once I've finished Honey and Clover and Natsume I don't have anything left
Jun 29, 2013 9:53 AM

Oct 2012
Zerkalo said:
Fuck my life. I just realized that K-On was my 200th anime

There there. . .

Why not try Nodame Cantabile after?

Also, Fuujin Monogatari ('cause it needs votes in the Anime Camp.)
Ducat_RevelJun 29, 2013 9:58 AM
Jun 29, 2013 10:05 AM

Nov 2012
Thanks they both look great. For a second I thought that Monogatari is a Yuasa-anime that I forgot to watch.
Jun 29, 2013 10:11 AM

Oct 2012
Glad to help.

The Yuasa-esque art really made me enjoy Fuujin a lot more. It doesn't go all-the-way like Yuasa would normally do, but it still captures parts of it. Hope you like it!
Jun 29, 2013 10:37 AM

Feb 2008
Ducat, you should make Elfen Lied your 175th anime, and save Rose of Versailles for 200th. You won't be disappointed by RoV.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 29, 2013 10:41 AM

Oct 2012
ZetaZaku said:
save Rose of Versailles for 200th. You won't be disappointed by RoV.

This I'll consider.

ZetaZaku said:
Ducat, you should make Elfen Lied your 175th anime

This I won't. :P
Jun 29, 2013 11:03 AM
Jul 2012
What should I watch next in my list so I will remember on needing to watch it based on you guys?
Jun 29, 2013 1:35 PM

Jun 2011
Ducat_Revel said:

GitS SAC and Nana were my 100th and 125th, so I'm inclined to recommend those off of your list. I'd also back up Zeta's recommendation Zerkalo's suggestion of Texhnolyze.
Jun 29, 2013 3:59 PM

Nov 2007
just to refer to the last page, my understanding of mangahere was always that it was the new mangafox after mangafox was ruined by copyright claims

batoto is a good site, but the pages definitely take random amounts of time to load...I do not think it is anything to do with the reader's connection, I always expected it was a server side issue
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Jun 29, 2013 10:20 PM

Nov 2009
I'm almost at 300 completed.

Anyone care to recommend something? I have quite a sizable plan to watch list, but I don't necessarily need to watch something from there.
Jun 29, 2013 10:55 PM

Mar 2012
LostHanyou said:
I'm almost at 300 completed.

Anyone care to recommend something? I have quite a sizable plan to watch list, but I don't necessarily need to watch something from there.
Hanasaku Iroha and Mawaru Penguindrum are both fantastic. I recommend them highly but obviously I can't guarantee whether you'll enjoy them or not since they both have a kind of niche appeal and the latter is very 2deep4u stuff

Also once you get around to watching Vividred, keep in mind that it is intentionally ridiculous and not a product of the writer's incompetence like so many would claim it is.

Oh, and watch Pico x CoCo x Chico. I still wouldn't rate it any higher than a 1/10 , but you might as well try to get the MALgraph achievement since you've seen the others.
Jun 29, 2013 11:17 PM
Jul 2018
Judging by his favorites I'd say he won't have trouble watching penguindrum, unless until you'd want to suspend your disbelief later on as it becomes an incoherent mess of meaningless dribble.

By all means necessary I'd recommend Dennou Coil for its fantastic writing and setting, it's probably the best one from your ptw too.
Jun 30, 2013 5:51 AM

Sep 2012
Burningblade04 said:
Judging by his favorites I'd say he won't have trouble watching penguindrum, unless until you'd want to suspend your disbelief later on as it becomes an incoherent mess of meaningless dribble.

By all means necessary I'd recommend Dennou Coil for its fantastic writing and setting, it's probably the best one from your ptw too.
I have to second this. Dennou Coil is great, I definitely recommend it.
Jul 2, 2013 1:29 AM

May 2012
I too am curious to be informed of how awful my taste is :3
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/moeslasher

Jul 2, 2013 1:35 AM

Sep 2012
moeslasher said:
I too am curious to be informed of how awful my taste is :3
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/moeslasher

Thread name changed
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM

» Spring 2023 Overview

Deago - Mar 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.