Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of Toaru Majutsu no Index Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 29, 2010 4:37 PM

Feb 2010
Touma will be the main character on the magical side, while Accelerator will be the main character on the science side (afaik).
Aug 29, 2010 10:16 PM

Sep 2008
Wait wut? I knew Accelerator was going to be a recurring character, but I didn't get the impression he was taking over for the main. I'm not saying you're wrong, admittedly there are huge, heaping loads of stuff I don't know about where his character is going. I'm just interested in where this comes from. I got the impression that he'd be more of the badass, on again off again not quite ally. Kind of like batman to the justice league, the white power ranger etc.
Aug 30, 2010 4:10 AM
Dec 2007
Gangler said:
Wait wut? I knew Accelerator was going to be a recurring character, but I didn't get the impression he was taking over for the main. I'm not saying you're wrong, admittedly there are huge, heaping loads of stuff I don't know about where his character is going. I'm just interested in where this comes from. I got the impression that he'd be more of the badass, on again off again not quite ally. Kind of like batman to the justice league, the white power ranger etc.
I am pretty sure Mikoto has more input on the science side at first since Accelerator was all messed up during the Last Order incident . Plus Mikoto also serves a bit as a bridge between her science side and Touma's magic side. That said, I did hear Accelerator has a big role overall, but so does Misaka.

Aug 30, 2010 8:16 AM

Feb 2010
Well, Accelerator is more involved with the science side than Mikoto imho. Tell me honestly, where does Mikoto have some input on the science side? Maybe my memory is really bad, but I don't remember anything besides the sister incident.
Aug 30, 2010 8:48 AM
Dec 2007
Xeo said:
Well, Accelerator is more involved with the science side than Mikoto imho. Tell me honestly, where does Mikoto have some input on the science side? Maybe my memory is really bad, but I don't remember anything besides the sister incident.
She's Academy City's unofficial hero and has close ties to Judgement,though you are correct Accelerator is more involved on the secrets of Academy city. Mikoto is like the student's superhero... thus far.

Sep 3, 2010 11:57 AM

Apr 2009
Man, definitely want to see more Accelerator :3 And Kaori! And Touma! And biribiri!

It took them a while to release another season .____.
Honestly, this anime is absolutely nothing special, but I was so addicted to it, I finished it in two days or so :3 Must be love xD
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Sep 3, 2010 12:10 PM

May 2010
Am I the only one who wants to see more of that teacher? The pink-haired teacher? lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 3, 2010 2:29 PM
Nov 2009
You're not the only one Confucius, I can't wait to see more Komoe myself.
Sep 3, 2010 2:48 PM
Jun 2010
Confucius said:
Am I the only one who wants to see more of that teacher? The pink-haired teacher? lol

No I want to see more of that big boob girl :Q

Sep 5, 2010 3:18 AM

Sep 2008
I want Komoe sensei to so much. We still haven't figured out why she's so lolilicious at her age, but I don't question it too much. I mostly just enjoy it for what it is.
Sep 5, 2010 8:05 AM

Jul 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Xeo said:
She's Academy City's unofficial hero and has close ties to Judgement,though you are correct Accelerator is more involved on the secrets of Academy city. Mikoto is like the student's superhero... thus far.

If you read the manga she start to be really involved with some secret of Academy city.
Sep 5, 2010 6:20 PM
Dec 2007
Dandere-chan said:
Leon-Gun said:
Xeo said:

If you read the manga she start to be really involved with some secret of Academy city.
Railgun is a spinoff though so who knows how much of the events in it are acknowledged by the novels (not that I'm saying it's not part of the canon).

Sep 5, 2010 8:02 PM

Jul 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Dandere-chan said:
Leon-Gun said:
Xeo said:

Railgun is a spinoff though so who knows how much of the events in it are acknowledged by the novels (not that I'm saying it's not part of the canon).

As far as I remember it is the same guy that wrote Index novel that is drawing Index and Railgun's manga.
Sep 5, 2010 10:46 PM
Dec 2007
Yes, it seems I was wrong. The illustrators are the ones that are different. Either way, I'm sure the Index anime will tie in more with Railgun even if it wasn't the case. They already acquainted us with the Railgun side of the plot (well, a little) after all so they'd be stupid not to make use of it.

Sep 6, 2010 4:13 PM

Jul 2008
As far as I remember it is the same guy that wrote Index novel that is drawing Index and Railgun's manga.

Nope, one guy writes Index, another one writes Index manga and another one makes Railgun manga (tough he cooperates with the author of Index novels)
Sep 6, 2010 5:20 PM
Dec 2007
Nayrael said:

Nope, one guy writes Index, another one writes Index manga and another one makes Railgun manga (tough he cooperates with the author of Index novels)
Well, technically the illustrator is different, but as far as I've searched the writer of Index also provides the script for Railgun. He just doesn't draws it.

Sep 7, 2010 7:56 AM

Jul 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Nayrael said:

Well, technically the illustrator is different, but as far as I've searched the writer of Index also provides the script for Railgun. He just doesn't draws it.

Well that's what I meant, sorry for the confusion back there.
Sep 7, 2010 5:55 PM

Sep 2010
wow this is great, i would love to see more of Indexuu and biribiri. i wish they make a season 2 of railgun too since i loved the fight scenes in Railgun compared to Index's one sided fight scenes... XD
Sep 8, 2010 8:12 AM

Feb 2010
Rozensky said:
wow this is great, i would love to see more of Indexuu and biribiri. i wish they make a season 2 of railgun too since i loved the fight scenes in Railgun compared to Index's one sided fight scenes... XD
I saw all of Railgun and there were barely any fight scenes in it. Which fights are you talking about exactly?

Also, can't wait for Accelerator!
Sep 10, 2010 9:14 AM

Sep 2008
Rozensky said:
Onesided fightscenes? um let's do a quick recap.

I love the fight scenes in both series, but I don't know where you're pulling this whole index fights being onesided thing. Let alone claiming that railgun is better than index in this sense.
Sep 10, 2010 2:43 PM
Dec 2007
Gangler said:
Rozensky said:
Onesided fightscenes? um let's do a quick recap.

I love the fight scenes in both series, but I don't know where you're pulling this whole index fights being onesided thing. Let alone claiming that railgun is better than index in this sense.
Well said there. The only actual one-sided fights in Index all have to do with Biribiri and that's only cause of her straightforward way of fighting.

Sep 10, 2010 5:07 PM

Jul 2008
Lol the level up arc was the only real arc in railgun, the second one was filler.
In the manga the fight aren't one sided at all.

If I have to chose between Index anime or Railgun manga I would say that Railgun manga is more interesting, especially the current part which is the imouto arc from Mikoto's perspective and that if you though that this arc was epic in Index then you should actually read railgun's manga.
Sep 10, 2010 6:48 PM
Dec 2007
Dandere-chan said:

If I have to chose between Index anime or Railgun manga I would say that Railgun manga is more interesting, especially the current part which is the imouto arc from Mikoto's perspective and that if you though that this arc was epic in Index then you should actually read railgun's manga.
Well, that arc is pretty good all around so yeah. But again, the original post was pretty much referring to the anime adaptation which we all know was QUITE one-sided toward Biribiri's side. Even though I get why they didn't wait to adapt Railgun, as it was almost a necessity in order to ease us into the esper-side of Index's overall Science vs Magic struggle, it was rather stupid to struggle to make it a 2 cours season. At least it's good they didn't force a half-baked imouto arc on us...but ugh, that Level six crystal crap was so unnecesary.

Btw, to be fair we should be comparing Index novel to Railgun manga, not the Index anime to the Railgun manga.
Leon-GunSep 10, 2010 6:52 PM

Sep 11, 2010 7:13 AM

Sep 2008
um yeah. It's been said before but the railgun anime and the railgun manga really are in separate leagues.
Sep 16, 2010 4:52 PM

Aug 2008
Sep 27, 2010 10:35 AM
Dec 2008
index s2 will definitely have BETTER plot than the first season
if you read the novels, you would know just how epic it gets
i definitely want a s3 as well in the future, and hopefully all of the novels get animated someday
but touma's harem will probably increase in members from what i predict
cant wait for more biribiri but also MUSUJIME and ITSUWA
Sep 27, 2010 11:18 AM

Aug 2009
I'm on episode 7 of index, and am starting to like it. Good news.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Sep 27, 2010 7:34 PM
Mar 2010
Can't wait until they get to the second arc :D Kuroko's arc! more yuri please
Sep 28, 2010 6:23 PM

Feb 2010
herox3 said:

I doubt that vol. 8 will be part of Index 2. I think they'll save it for Railgun 2, cause there is nearly no Touma in it and they got enough to do with the other volumes from 7 to 13. Maybe they'll make a small hint at it, cause of Kuroko's enemy, she's pretty important. But other than that, I think no.
Oct 2, 2010 2:27 PM
Mar 2010
the wait was long ...to long
Oct 3, 2010 8:18 AM

May 2008
I still can't believe a second season is coming... and this soon, damn, I would've forgotten all of this if I hadn't been reminded by Eclipse Subs homepage's goodbye message =p

Looking forward to some epicness~!
Oct 30, 2010 12:11 AM
Dec 2007
Xeo said:
herox3 said:

I doubt that vol. 8 will be part of Index 2. I think they'll save it for Railgun 2, cause there is nearly no Touma in it and they got enough to do with the other volumes from 7 to 13. Maybe they'll make a small hint at it, cause of Kuroko's enemy, she's pretty important. But other than that, I think no.
Somehow I don't think they could save it without screwing up Railgun's timeline. I mean, if they do that and the Railgun manga tries something different the anime adaptation will be hopelessly screwed.

Nov 5, 2010 10:52 AM

Sep 2010
Now is completely clear that we'll see 8th arc in Index II
Kuroko vs Awaki.... :3
2e16nig.png
Feb 20, 2011 11:48 AM

Sep 2010
i wonder if there will be a second season of railgun.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» 'Mashle' Anime Sequel Announced

Nioxys - 6 hours ago

10 by Softhenic03 »»
54 minutes ago

» "Oshi no Ko" Season 2 Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, Opening Theme, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by mshfqtny »»
1 hour ago

» Science SARU Produces New 'Ghost in the Shell' TV Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Yesterday

47 by Merve2Love »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

23 by thebrentinator24 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made' Announces Additional Cast, Ending Theme

DatRandomDude - May 19

4 by memoire2s »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.