Forum Settings
Forums

What’s an anime that everyone else loves but you didn’t?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 28, 2023 6:54 AM
May 2022
Kimi no na wa and Cyberpunk Edgerunners. They are shows that didn't explore deeper into the story and characters. They didn't feel any special to me. 
FMAB was a very good show, but it doesn't deserve a top spot in ratings. The characters in the show didn't feel to special. There was lag here and there.

Aug 25, 2023 8:21 PM
Oct 2022
Eren from Attack on Titan ruins the show 
Aug 25, 2023 9:35 PM

Jan 2023
Cowboy Bebop
Black Lagoon
Vinland Saga S2
The devil is a part timer

BL and Bebop are for dub watchers. It's trash.
Vinland Saga S2 is not "character development". It's just terrible writing, excused by fans who watch TV and Hollywood, who have been conditioned to like trash for the past 5 years.
The devil is a part timer is objectively garbage. Anitubers propping this series up like its god's gift to mankind is abhorrent.
Aug 26, 2023 4:37 AM
Aug 2022
Death Note.

That's not how police force works.
Aug 26, 2023 4:56 AM

Mar 2021
Gundam IBO, Spy X Family, Vinland Saga Season 2, Dr. Stone
Aug 26, 2023 4:58 AM
Jun 2017
wonder egg priority, shinsekai yori
Aug 26, 2023 1:59 PM

Feb 2022
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
[/url]
Aug 26, 2023 2:20 PM

Feb 2023
I saw a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop and found it to be hard to follow what was going on and quite boring.

However, the bigger one would be One Piece, where I've tried to watch it and can't get past the animation, except on the 1998 OVA, which looks a bit better, but has a very generic plot. I actually felt nauseous from watching the animation on an episode, mainly because of the motion and the colors.

I also did not like Chainsaw Man, as I found it to be nothing but as edgy as possible, and nothing else.
Aug 26, 2023 2:42 PM

Dec 2022
Gurren Lagann. I just find it stupid.
Aug 26, 2023 2:46 PM

Dec 2019
Oshi no Ko.

I don't understand why people think this is so great. I don't understand how it is different from other generic idol shows with the same level of otaku pandering and generic marketing strategies. It is just an idol show that tries to be self-aware and quickly falls off after the first episode promises the viewer some kind of huge mystery but devolves into a whole lot of nothing. Love Live is better.
Aug 26, 2023 2:48 PM

Mar 2020
There's a lot, but the biggest one is probably Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Aug 26, 2023 2:49 PM

Oct 2013
Monster.... I really don't like it and it doesn't make sense. It was hard to finish watching it.
Aug 26, 2023 3:33 PM
Oct 2022
delirific said:
Gurren Lagann. I just find it stupid.

I couldn’t get passed how they treated Simon and his grief after losing his best friend.
Aug 26, 2023 6:56 PM

Jun 2021
Halqifibrax said:
For me it's the recent anime Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!

The MC is just edgy cringe boy that let himself hit by truck, get isekai then gain magic power because he want to get more power, I hate it. But somehow this anime get everyone love with cringe MC anime like how, HOW?
Isn't that the point of the show? To be a parody of kids who suffer from chunnibyou.
I like apple pie. I also like gaming. Man's two greatest inventions.

Aug 26, 2023 10:47 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I thought I had already posted here long ago, but I guess I have not.

Bunny Girl Senpai. Annoying characters, forced "chadism" on Sakuta, Mai is like your average 3D girl you want FAR from your anime, pseudoscience is laughable at best, worst anime confession EVER, "everybody look, I don't like my sister" and it's a bad copy of Monogatari, which I happen to love.

Ghost in the Shell (1995 movie). A borefest.

Vinland Saga. I don't think it's bad, just overrated. Both seasons could have been done in one cour each. Worst offender was the episode dedicated almost completely to show one of Thorfinn's dreams.

Demon Slayer. When you fall asleep during battles in a battle shounen, something's wrong.

Mo Dao Zu Shi. Another borefest.

Call of the Night. Again, I don't think it's bad, just overrated. Direction and art are wonderful, but the characters just goof around for 10 episodes straight.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Aug 26, 2023 11:21 PM
Jul 2020
SkyfallStar said:
nashpika said:
SAO eww, i still remember how bored and frustrated i got while watching Alicization. I ended up dropping it

Please, please show me the people loving Sword Art Online! I am here defending its glory from hordes of mindless haters all alone, yet here you are claiming that other people actually love it? How blind have I been then?
I actually enjoyed it a lot, since it was kind of an escape for me at that time. The whole first season just really wrapped me in and the rest just followed. I just enjoyed it a lot!
Yaaaaaa
Aug 27, 2023 11:36 PM

Mar 2021
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion
Demon Slayer

Apr 1, 9:33 PM
Oct 2022
I wasn’t the biggest fan of Vinland Saga season one but after season two I honestly changed my mind
Apr 3, 10:37 AM
Apr 2022
Magic Knight Rayearth (tv and ova)
Trigun
Evangelion
Yu yu hakusho
Beyblade
Bakugan
Metabots
Eureka seven
The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Sonic x
One piece
Apr 3, 10:41 AM

Feb 2020
Yubisaki to Renren from the previous season.
Apr 3, 10:49 AM
Nov 2022
Jujutsu kaisen. It didn't sit well with me
Initially liked the show, but somehow I feel empty and hollow so i quit for a while
Apr 3, 11:01 AM

Feb 2017
Oshi no ko, I didn't give it much of a go though. Was put off by the main character and just overall premise pretty quick. I don't like otaku characters and I don't like that sort of edgy overly analytical character archetype either. And I didn't like the weird reincarnation baby humor.

And Frieren, it's alright at least but I just couldn't get that invested. The world felt pretty run of the mill/not fleshed out and every character besides Frieren herself was boring. The group dynamic had hardly any chemistry. So it didn't give me the things I look for in fantasy adventure series.

Apr 3, 11:21 AM
Apr 2021
I've got quite a few actually. Hunterxhunter is one of them, I just didn't like the story and the caracters. It feels too generic and boring for me. Another anime I hate and everybody loves is Steins;gate. I can't understand how people likes this, really, they tell you something that you must understand like if it was the physics lesson at school and then what happens doesn't make it worth. I also don't like Jojo's, which is, in my opinion, the worst battle shonen, all fights are the same and it is super predictable.
Apr 3, 11:30 AM
Jul 2019
First season of The Promised Neverland
Apr 3, 11:34 AM

May 2021
steins gate. never understood why its so highly rated either
Apr 3, 11:46 AM
Jul 2021
Erased. Nothing about that show worked for me even a little bit
Apr 3, 11:46 AM
Sep 2020
Vinland Saga, Made In Abyss, and One Piece. All of them are fine, but I would never recommend them to anyone on rewatch them.
Apr 3, 11:56 AM

Apr 2008
Tokyo Ghoul & Re:Zero

are two big ones for me. TG had potential but I just was Not into where it went and it was a real shlog for me to finish that first season. Did not continue.
Re:Zero just annoyed me a lot. And it's all over the place - what are you trying to be?! It's a mess. I did at least appreciate when the main character was finally called out by his love interest for his 'nice-guy' syndrome. Refuse to continue.

Two other big ones for me are

Kill la Kill & Dr Stone.

UGH. I love Gurren Lagann and Trigger studio, but Kill was a miss for me. And Dr Stone had potential but I hated Senku and so much annoyed me during that show. WEAPONS OF SCIENCE. Whatever. Not continuing. I shouldn't feel angry and annoyed during the majority watch of a show.
MeraniApr 3, 12:00 PM
Apr 3, 11:56 AM
Dec 2021
Haruhi is one example with the endless eight episodes where you have to watch the same thing again with some differences
Apr 3, 11:59 AM

Jul 2016
Any isekai or romance anime based and FMAB
Apr 3, 12:32 PM

Apr 2017
Spirited Away (entirely overrated imo. Nice animation I guess but not for me, this actually jaded me against Miyazaki until I watched Grave of the Fireflies)

Sangatsu no Lion (didn't totally hate it but no desire to watch the 2nd season whatsoever)

Assassination Classroom (can't really remeber why but I dropped it after a few episodes and never went back)

My Hero Academia (too cheesy. Struggled through completing the first season after a friend recommended it, dropped it after the first episode of the 2nd. Turns out im really not a fan of battle shounen)

JJK (liked the first season but dropped it almost at the end of the second. Any anime that makes a single battle into an entire season is an automatic fail. Horrible production staff)
Israel_Is_EvilApr 3, 12:36 PM

Apr 3, 1:01 PM

Nov 2021
More specific, OnK OP1. I can understand how it's good like the visuals and animation detail, just not my tea. The hype matches a typical Taylor Swift song.
Apr 3, 5:40 PM

Mar 2024
Monster, Code Geass, Evangelion, Texhnolyze, FLCL, Zankyou no Terror, Cowboy Bebop, Fate Zero, Boku no Hero, Shingeki, Elfen Lied, Madoka Magica, Evangelion, Howl no Ugoku Shiro, Hotaru no Haka, Tenshi no Tamago, Anohana, Uchouten Kazoku, Erased, Kiznaiver, Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai, Banana Fish, Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, Tokyo Revengers.

I've scored all but two with 1. I know not everyone loves them, but all of these programs have a score above 7.50, which denotes that their overall rating is positive.

ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~
Apr 4, 7:47 AM
Mar 2022
Bunny Girl Senpai; Unable to connect to the characters, far fetched scenario.

Tokyo Revengers: Basically uninterested for the plot, Takemichi is almost insufferable.

A little bit spesific but: SAO Alicization; War of the Underworld Part 1. Kirito just went AFK and I don't like that bullsh*t.

Other than that is pretty niche.
Apr 4, 7:55 AM
Dec 2023
Jujutsu Kaisen
Honestly, fell asleep several times at the first season, and the second season only caught my attention for the first six episodes, then I fell asleep again.
Apr 4, 8:21 AM
Feb 2022
Erased. It's good, but not that good.
Apr 4, 12:03 PM

Aug 2023
Chainsaw man. (I can't quite remember why but the story failed to keep me engaged with it making me want to drop out by episode 6 with having lost me completely at 8 but I burned through it in hopes it became better. I thought at the time it was pretty mediocre. Still do as I can't remember that much about it.)

The Witch from Mercury. (The story felt boring and out of place and the "shocking scenes" didn't shock me at all. pretty much all gundam I have watched was pretty cliché and boring to me, the last one I watched was hathaway which I enjoyed the most out of all maybe the franchise is growing on me. Anyways I just keep watching them because I like the mech design tbh.)

Akira. (This one is probably on me as I felt confused the whole movie and thought it didn't make much sense. Bike designs were nice though.)

The Eminence in Shadow. (I don't like the cringe, almost every scene felt that way and it had tropes I despice. I can usually bear with it but it was to much to handle for me this time.)
Apr 4, 12:11 PM
Sep 2011
Steins Gate: boring, tries too hard to be smart/complex, and ends up being predictable.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan: disjointed, bombastic for the sake of being such, and repetitive.
Gintama: also disjointed and reptitive, but also just not funny while being emininetly unworthy of the time investment.
Vinland Saga S2: BORING. Tried to be heavy on the emotions and was just a slog. Characters wanted to be relatable but instead just needed to be shot to end the season sooner.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect. ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

87 by Lucifrost »»
4 minutes ago

» Dumb narcissistic perverts is supposed to be funny?

Ri-KoRin - Yesterday

36 by Timeline_man »»
16 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that. ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Apr 27

88 by APolygons2 »»
20 minutes ago

» Are European anime settings easier to get into!!!

Afriendlypaw - May 20

26 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
27 minutes ago

» help

arhttr - Yesterday

32 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.