Forum Settings
Forums

Does anyone ever feel like anime is inferior to western television.

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Feb 23, 2017 2:09 AM

Nov 2009
Kagami said:
I can go into detail about Gosick on your profile tomorrow. I thought it was really good and am always willing to spread the word!

I'll be waiting. Someone should explain to me how and why they like Gosick and Japanese detective/mystery works in general. Not only anime but books, VNs, TV Shows etc.

Feb 23, 2017 2:10 AM

Jun 2014
thatanimefreak02 said:
Kagami said:

I agree.

American Dad had an episode where they slowly burnt a lion.

Nothing is funny about animal abuse you psycho.

Thanks for the backup, man. btw I don't know if you meant to send one but I accepted your friend request.

I have to backup an anime fan in need because an anime fan in need is a friend indeed.

Yes, I did.
Feb 23, 2017 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
thatanimefreak02 said:

You wouldn't know if I'm talking out of my ass or not. FYI I'm not. I know from experience. Because as much as it hurts me to admit it, I used to watch American Dad. And as seasons went by, the show kept getting worse and worse, to the point where I had to drop it because of how bad it was. "I watch the current season of American Dad and there is no drop in quality..." Yes, there is. I know because I watched a few of the latest episodes, just to give it another chance to redeem itself, and I was disappointed again. As for the first sentence, the fact that you're calling me a "psycho" for having a different opinion than you just proves my point further. This shouldn't have to be said, but if you haven't noticed, American Dad is WAY more messed up than Nichijou is.
LOL so you just watch a couple episodes of the new season instead of a whole season and know with all certainty that it's worse. I have watched most seasons and have seen all episodes of the new seasons so I have a better knowledge about if the show declined or not. You find it has gotten worse but I haven't at all. Episodes from the current season like Bahama Mama and Portrait of Francine's Genitals were very funny to me. I called you a psycho for thinking that flipping a goat is funny.

Kagami said:

I don't know about that. I haven't seen the episode, but I googled American Dad Animal Cruelty and said shit something popped up!". It seems like a few people found the excessive violence funny, at least.
Well you should have actually watched the episode to get the context.
Feb 23, 2017 2:12 AM

Sep 2015
American Dad is still one of the better cartoon shows compared to Family Guy and unfortunately nowadays also South Park.
Who cares about abused imaginary animals?!

ot:
i think the term western television is wrong, US television would be better. Our series (and movies) here in germany are always complete garbage.

So why is US television/movies superior to almost everything? Money. that's it. You have a bigger audience and therefore can invest more into effects , actors and even financial risky stories

Feb 23, 2017 2:22 AM

Aug 2013
thatanimefreak02 said:

Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, I guess. But as for calling me a psycho for thinking "animal abuse" is funny, well, as my friend Kagami pointed out earlier in this thread, American Dad has done much worse than a girl flipping a goat when it comes to animal abuse.
To each their own I guess. It has but American Dad does not have scenes with animal abuse done for comedy.
Feb 23, 2017 2:28 AM

Jul 2015
I remember when I first started watching anime as a kid; what made me think it was so much more awesome then normal cartoons was how it was story driven. Nowadays I don't actually give much of a shit about stories, so much as I care about characters, themes, clever writing, and art. Which lead to me enjoying more western television, instead of just mindlessly watching Pokemon all day. Don't get me wrong there are definitely tons of anime that have all those things which is why I still love anime.

I see anime as a medium more then anything though, and it's very hard for me to just call one medium better then another.
Feb 23, 2017 2:34 AM

Nov 2016
Sky_Anemone said:
Nowadays I don't actually give much of a shit about stories, so much as I care about characters, themes, clever writing, and art. Which lead to me enjoying more western television, instead of just mindlessly watching Pokemon all day.

That's the problem. Pokemon isn't a great anime by conventional terms. It's more a guilty pleasure. All those things you mentioned aren't what you can normally find in those kinds of shows.
Feb 23, 2017 2:34 AM

Aug 2013
thatanimefreak02 said:
DrGeroCreation said:
To each their own I guess. It has but American Dad does not have scenes with animal abuse done for comedy.

Whether it's done for comedy or not, watching a lion slowly burnt to death is far worse than watching a girl flip a goat in my eyes, I don't know about you.
We were talking about the comedy aspect here. Also it wasn't just a lion that burnt but also a woman.
Feb 23, 2017 2:40 AM

Jul 2015
Pixel_Vapour said:
Sky_Anemone said:
Nowadays I don't actually give much of a shit about stories, so much as I care about characters, themes, clever writing, and art. Which lead to me enjoying more western television, instead of just mindlessly watching Pokemon all day.

That's the problem. Pokemon isn't a great anime by conventional terms. It's more a guilty pleasure. All those things you mentioned aren't what you can normally find in those kinds of shows.

I know that, I just used Pokemon as an example because it and Naruto is what I used to watch all day. I still think that there is some value in those types of shows though, just not enough for me to dedicate much time to watching. Every once in a while I still like to lay down all day and watch some popcorn anime.
Feb 23, 2017 2:46 AM

Aug 2013
Staying on American Dad but moving away from talking about animals. America Dad is a comedy yet there was an episode showing Stan addicted to cocaine and it negatively affecting his life. In comedy anime you never really see anything like that and even in more serious anime. Drug abuse is generally pushed under the rug in anime and you are hardly likely of seeing an anime main protagonist suffer from drug abuse/addiction.
Feb 23, 2017 2:53 AM

Aug 2013
thatanimefreak02 said:
DrGeroCreation said:
We were talking about the comedy aspect here. Also it wasn't just a lion that burnt but also a woman.

Well, whatever. There probably has been a few instances where American Dad has used animal abuse as comedy, but considering I watched most of that show years ago, I can't remember. Anyway, it's 2:40 A.M. where I am so I'm going to sleep now. I mention this because if you want to continue this conversation, I won't be able to respond for a few hours. If not, well then, I have nothing more to say. Sayonara
There was an episode where Francine killed a bird but that's not abuse because she killed it in order to cook it and an episode with an overweight squirrel that died but that wasn't abuse and was sad not funny. Yeah no problem man, I'm done with the animal talk so you don't have to bother replying to this post.
Feb 23, 2017 3:56 AM

Mar 2009
DrGeroCreation said:
Staying on American Dad but moving away from talking about animals. America Dad is a comedy yet there was an episode showing Stan addicted to cocaine and it negatively affecting his life. In comedy anime you never really see anything like that and even in more serious anime. Drug abuse is generally pushed under the rug in anime and you are hardly likely of seeing an anime main protagonist suffer from drug abuse/addiction.

There are drugs in Gangsta. Not the ones the Twilights were taking, the ones Barry had his prostitutes take. Fictional drugs but still drugs with pretty bad withdrawal symptoms. Go ask Alex, I think she'll know.
Even in Akame ga Kill there was an episode were the assassins went after some rich guy who kept prostitutes addicted to some kind of drug.
Drug problem was also a plotline in the Nana manga and I'm pretty sure but I can't seem to recall it now, that there were drugs in Black Lagoon and Ghost in the Shell too.
Besides them, there are plenty other anime that had at least one drug use scene, there is Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Welcome to the NHK and I'm pretty sure there are more besides.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Feb 23, 2017 4:48 AM

Aug 2013
@kodial Non of those anime are comedy anime, the examples you mentioned don't have the main protagonist addicted to the drug (except for Welcome to the NHK but that is only apparent in the novel not the anime, we are talking about anime specifically here not novels or manga) and those drugs are fictional unlike cocaine which is a real drug.
DrGeroCreationFeb 23, 2017 4:55 AM
Feb 23, 2017 4:52 AM

Apr 2016
_Ako_ said:
I dunno man, I haven't fapped to cartoons so I wouldn't know that.

Strange nor have I, challenge accepted.
Feb 23, 2017 5:49 AM

Feb 2015
OP said:
_Ako_ said:
I dunno man, I haven't fapped to cartoons so I wouldn't know that.

Challange accepted? In which area, fapping to animu or cartoon?

If fapping to animu, then I',m out. If fapping to cartoon, you it will take about 110 years before its declared as a draw...
Feb 23, 2017 6:02 AM

Apr 2016
_Ako_ said:
OP said:

If fapping to animu, then I',m out. If fapping to cartoon, you it will take about 110 years before its declared as a draw...

You can only last 110 years HA. Amateur. I knew you wasn't the chosen one.
Feb 23, 2017 6:06 AM

Mar 2009
DrGeroCreation said:
@kodial Non of those anime are comedy anime, the examples you mentioned don't have the main protagonist addicted to the drug (except for Welcome to the NHK but that is only apparent in the novel not the anime, we are talking about anime specifically here not novels or manga) and those drugs are fictional unlike cocaine which is a real drug.

Wether they were fictional or real drugs, it doesn't really matter.
In Gangsta, Alex is one of the main characters.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Feb 23, 2017 6:18 AM

Feb 2016
I actually feel the exact opposite... I stopped watching television because I lost interest and converted to anime solely. Even got rid of my cable box, since I'm not gonna pay for what I'm not using, lol.

Never really watched any HBO/ABC/etc shows though, aside from them never interesting me I never really cared for hour long shows. 30 minutes is my speed.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Feb 23, 2017 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
kodial said:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes > The Wire

I fail to see how a b-rate space opera who's characters are made to be so dumb just so it justifies the "intelligence" of the two protagonists can be better than a show that is on the same level of quality as War and Peace and that tackles issues that are present to this day, in US, and, possibly in other parts of the world.

And, it's not trying to have any intelligent discourse regarding the themes it covers; it tries to have a discourse regarding what's better, democracy or aristocracy, but it never fully realises the idea beyond quoting certain excerpts and definitions; it never utilises political conflict within the party and how powerful families in aristocracy can influence the policies, or how party interests in democracy can cause a stalemate in bringing policies because the factor that gives you support can extort you and make you lose elections and other such means that are used; it never assesses the psychological traumas brought to soldiers and so forth.

LotGH is no doubt a good anime, regarding the medium of animation, but if we compare it to other works that cover the same themes, it falls short on its face, especially if we're going to compare it to The Wire and Band of Brothers
Feb 23, 2017 9:26 AM

Mar 2014
Generally, give me anime vs western shows and I'll choose anime but I think a large part of that is because I believe there is lot less western shows coming out compared to anime that I have accessibility too and that are also targeted at my age group (18).

So whilst I'll usually be the elitist western sucks, anime rules! ..sometimes when I give western shows a chance I can get really into them and forget anime's existence. I think my best example would be finally giving "The Flash" a chance after repeated mentions from real life friends telling me too.
Feb 23, 2017 9:30 AM

Mar 2009
ouriel said:
than a show that is on the same level of quality as War and Peace and that tackles issues that are present to this day

Woah there!
Did you just seriously compare the Wire to War and Peace? Tell me you didn't!
I mean yeah, I can see how some people might think that the Wire is better than Legend of the Galactic Heroes, I can totally understand but... equal to War and Peace?

Oh by the way, this is where I stopped reading. I had to finish laughing first and now I'm in no mood to take you seriously.
Feb 23, 2017 9:57 AM

Jan 2008
15poundfish said:
I found the shows with overarching stories blow the best anime out of the water. HBO shows like the Wire, West World or netflix originals like House of Cards have more depth and characterization than the poster child anime for depth like Evangelion or other fan favorites.

Yeah, but those are the exceptions. For every Wire you have 20 shit shows.
Also.... House of Cards.... more depth then Evangelion.... come on...
Feb 23, 2017 10:45 AM

Feb 2015
OP said:
_Ako_ said:

Lol... Life expectancy dude... I'd be in Heaven, teasing the pure Angels when I was at that year...
Feb 23, 2017 10:46 AM

Apr 2016
_Ako_ said:
OP said:

Lol... Life expectancy dude... I'd be in Heaven, teasing the pure Angels when I was at that year...

So you give in, that is what you are saying?
Feb 23, 2017 11:38 AM
Jun 2015
DmonHiro said:

Yes, easily by far. each of the main characters are more multi-faceted and compelling than the ones in Evangelion.
Feb 23, 2017 11:43 AM

Jan 2017
no and being less popular doesn't make it inferior to ...
Feb 23, 2017 12:37 PM

Jun 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
The "anime artstyle" mainly exists because of western cartoons. The big glossy eye look in anime exists because of Tezuka being obsessed with Bambi and liking Betty Boop and western cartoons were the first to have realistic looking human character designs with 60's Jonny Quest.

Again, no one was denying that Tezuka was inspired by Disney. The fact that they were inspired at the beginning doesn't erase the fact that nowadays, the anime art style has basically nothing in common with the different styles used in western TV animated shows.

DrGeroCreation said:

Anime and western cartoons have different artstyles from title to title. There are a lot of kids anime like Doraemon, Chibi Moruko chan, Aggressive Retsuko that people would consider have a "cartoon artyle" and the same goes for anime like One Piece, Dragon Ball, Kaiba, Bobobobo, Panty and Stocking etc. Anime isn't just late night anime. There is no current artstyle used by all western cartoon tv series. Their artstyles differ from from one show to another.

True, there are a lot of different art styles used by the majority of western animated TV shows. And not one of them, aside from a few exceptions, looks like the anime art style. Wich was my point
And sure, there are some anime that have a character design that can resemble some "cartoon" influence, but just like with "Animesque" western animation, they are a tiny minority. And even then, they basically use a normal anime art style with some "cartoon" designs throw in.
By the way, the case of Panty and Stocking is special, since the whole show is a big parody/homage of western cartoons.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Feb 23, 2017 12:47 PM

Jan 2017
Hmmm....let's see. The Wire is a high rated tv show and Steins Gate is a high rated anime.
But The Wire is a gift from god and Steins Gate is a shit, so anime loses. Or is it that the anime community has inferior taste? Let's find out in the next episode of.....
Feb 23, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
zumac said:
But The Wire is a gift from god and Steins Gate is a shit, so anime loses.

My reaction to that statement:

Feb 23, 2017 1:39 PM

Mar 2009
DmonHiro said:
15poundfish said:
I found the shows with overarching stories blow the best anime out of the water. HBO shows like the Wire, West World or netflix originals like House of Cards have more depth and characterization than the poster child anime for depth like Evangelion or other fan favorites.

When someone says House of Cards had any depth at all, I know I'm talking to a teenager who just migrated from Game of Thrones and thinks he's a big boy now.
Feb 23, 2017 2:18 PM
Jun 2015
kodial said:

When someone says House of Cards had any depth at all, I know I'm talking to a teenager who just migrated from Game of Thrones and thinks he's a big boy now.

We are comparing it to Evangelion though. You know the anime with archetypal anime characters that has heavy handed hammer over the head messages based on outdated pseudo-psychology. The core theme is revealed in episode 8 and repeats it over and over again until its finale episode or is being an episodic monster of the week light hearted mecha show. Also we totally need out of place panty shots like how else should we introduce a new character? We totally need in episode where the characters get naked just because...
Feb 23, 2017 2:23 PM

Jul 2014
Apart from Castle there hasn't been anything watchable coming out of the US since 2002 when Firefly went off air.

(Nathan Fillion being in both mentioned shows is purely coincidental)

So no, I never ever thought that, not even once, since I began watching anime 3 years ago.

FFS, Anime is even the only medium with an example of better comedy than Monty Python or Discworld, in Nichijou.
Feb 24, 2017 12:04 PM
Sep 2009
I watch more anime than western TV but for me, good western tv > good anime.
Some exceptions aside, the writing in anime is usually pretty bad. I can't say I'm too fond of anime comedy either, I find it slightly amusing more than outright funny.
At the end of the day though, they both have a place in my heart.
Feb 24, 2017 1:05 PM

Nov 2013
All the time. I can only think of maybe 4 anime as good as western tv. Most are dog shit terrible, some are fun schlocky garbage, but few are actually great.
Feb 24, 2017 1:07 PM

Nov 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
What's wrong with reference jokes? I regularly watch the current season of American Dad and it's still as good as ever.

I haven't seen American Dad so I will speak broadly. The issue with reference jokes are 1) They are not funny if you don't get the reference. 2) They're very lazy. Simply referencing something exists isn't a joke. For what it's worth you may as well just had someone fart for all you're saying.
Feb 25, 2017 1:06 AM

May 2015
kI4synVCfn7PMH4w said:
DrGeroCreation said:
What's wrong with reference jokes? I regularly watch the current season of American Dad and it's still as good as ever.

I haven't seen American Dad so I will speak broadly. The issue with reference jokes are 1) They are not funny if you don't get the reference. 2) They're very lazy. Simply referencing something exists isn't a joke. For what it's worth you may as well just had someone fart for all you're saying.

Reference jokes aren't jokes, but references. A joke needs to do something besides mention something else.

If the reference makes some kind of meaningful connection than fine, but Seth McFalrlane's comedy consists of "I'm smart, everyone dumb! Smokeweed!"

Fart jokes are way better.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 25, 2017 2:08 AM
Jun 2015
kI4synVCfn7PMH4w said:
DrGeroCreation said:

You just described a good portion of LN comedy anime in general. The only american show that I can recall that is composed mainly of references for the sake of references is Big Bang Theory. Family Guy and American Dad use referential humor but are not composed mainly on references. They use all forms of comedy in their shows. American Dad is structured differently than Family Guy, each episode focuses a conflict that reaches a resolution on each episode that often adds development to a particular character or a theme in that episode. In contrast, while Family Guy has a plot in a episode it often doesn't have character development and relies a good portion of its time on random cutaways that don't relate to the plot in the episode. I think referential comedy is just as valid as any form of comedy but it can be funny even if you don't get the reference if the joke is setup well.
Feb 25, 2017 2:21 AM

Feb 2017
Absolutely not. I think that many anime creators have the art of storytelling down to a T, and this is coming from someone who has studied storytelling for years.

A lot of Western shows are jumbled and can't seem to grasp a solid theme. They're purely for entertainment, which is all well and good, but I prefer stories that make me THINK and FEEL.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Feb 25, 2017 2:25 AM

Jun 2014
I don't know... In my case, I never was so emotional and hyped for a western cartoon like for an anime, some of them are really good for daily short enjoyment, but is not enough to keep me watching lots and lots of episodes... so anime are still the winner ^^ (I'm in a addiction and I can't escape...)
Feb 25, 2017 3:27 PM

Mar 2016
Only time I like western animation is when it reminds me of anime like Korra. Disney and top tier companies are good too but those are usually films and not shows.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Feb 25, 2017 11:51 PM

Mar 2014
Excluding western animation, I think anime is superior to western television in almost every way. But both have their flaws, so take it or leave it. :P
Feb 26, 2017 6:43 AM

May 2015
AzulBlue said:
Excluding western animation, I think anime is superior to western television in almost every way. But both have their flaws, so take it or leave it. :P

What do you like about Western animation more?
Feb 26, 2017 7:55 AM

Mar 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
AzulBlue said:

It's not that I like western animation more, it's just I personally feel like it's an exception to this scenario. I've watched so many that come from different decades. I like the animation quality and the quirky art styles. Some many not necessarily have a plot and are just purely episodic, but I appreciate the ones that skillfully have a continuous plot between episodes that fans can theorize/discuss about. Of course I'm only talking about a select few of western animation.
Feb 26, 2017 8:00 AM

Feb 2015
Inferior not really stagnating artistically yeah it seems what western cartoons are willing to try new things anime has been pumping out the same stuff for awhile now and not innovating are trying to reach more mature audience.
Feb 26, 2017 8:19 AM

Jun 2015
Actually, Anime is far superior in every aspect to western cartoons in my opinion.
There is only a very few good cartoons right now. The old ones, these were good, now it's only pure shit.

I never cryed with a western cartoon, (I never fapped to none as well).
So... theres my answer.

But I only compare animation vs animation, not series or films.
Feb 26, 2017 9:35 AM
Jun 2014
I don't bother with most of these new anime shows because they're shit. The art is simplified, the characters are dumbed down and the females are overly sexualised to appeal to young teenage boys. I mostly watch real tv shows now and anime that aired ages ago and are still going. Sometimes you get that one great anime that gets released.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Feb 27, 2017 2:25 AM

May 2015
AzulBlue said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

It's not that I like western animation more, it's just I personally feel like it's an exception to this scenario. I've watched so many that come from different decades. I like the animation quality and the quirky art styles. Some many not necessarily have a plot and are just purely episodic, but I appreciate the ones that skillfully have a continuous plot between episodes that fans can theorize/discuss about. Of course I'm only talking about a select few of western animation.

I find fan theorizing to be pointless and off-topic. Fiction isn't about what actually happened (none of it did) but what it means.

I do agree Western uses quirker styles, but the West rarely strays from the mode of caricature.
Feb 27, 2017 2:35 AM

Aug 2014
Nah, western television was good before but now it sucks.
Feb 27, 2017 10:07 AM

Feb 2017
Since the modern era the West and the East seem to share a mutual admiration for each other cultures, which still exist until this days.

Animes are exotic for us Western people how cartoons or comics are for Eastern people. (I hope I dont must to explain why Japan is seeing as an Eastern country.)

But about your question I am not sure what you mean. Are you speaking about Western cartoons or the comparison of Western and Japanese cartoons? In none of those I can agree. Supremacy and inferiorty are the wrong words to use in this matter. We are just used to our television and the World Wide Web opened a gate to another - yeah you could say- world. But people seems to create a misconseption based on that new world. Only because you see products of a culture which can be rated as great, you cant rate the culture or rather society as great.

There are many foolish Anime/Manga fans mixing up the anime presentation of Japan with the real Japan.
'Just one more thing..." - Detective Columbo
Feb 28, 2017 12:59 AM

May 2015
Svalinn_Hoenir said:
Since the modern era the West and the East seem to share a mutual admiration for each other cultures, which still exist until this days.

Animes are exotic for us Western people how cartoons or comics are for Eastern people. (I hope I dont must to explain why Japan is seeing as an Eastern country.)

But about your question I am not sure what you mean. Are you speaking about Western cartoons or the comparison of Western and Japanese cartoons? In none of those I can agree. Supremacy and inferiorty are the wrong words to use in this matter. We are just used to our television and the World Wide Web opened a gate to another - yeah you could say- world. But people seems to create a misconseption based on that new world. Only because you see products of a culture which can be rated as great, you cant rate the culture or rather society as great.

There are many foolish Anime/Manga fans mixing up the anime presentation of Japan with the real Japan.

The one thing the West has above anime - which anime seems to be catching up to now - is the caricature style. While anime is very good at capturing beauty with its art, it doesn't have shows as surreal as Western cartoons. You sometimes get Kill la Kill but in the West, animation goes off the deep end regularly.

I think that both areas do things differently enough to make them worth watching.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» Anime peaked in 1998

Iron_Leopard - 2 hours ago

8 by GamerDLM »»
5 minutes ago

» What's one anime or character in your favorites you wish had Ecchi or Hentai scenes for officially?

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

9 by FanofAction »»
35 minutes ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

28 by Timeline_man »»
42 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

77 by ColourWheel »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you agree that One Piece being the top 1 currently airing anime suggests this Spring is weak?

18927 - 10 hours ago

28 by Merve2Love »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.