Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2016 5:18 PM

Oct 2013
PukingMachines said:
From reddit: satella calling him out on his BS

Surf shirt kid all over again
Aug 21, 2016 5:18 PM

Sep 2015
Rance-sama said:
This kills the emiliafags

]

Unfortunately, Emilia will win. There really isn't a contest no matter how much we fans protest, the show's made it clear as day. *She's* the love interest :/
Aug 21, 2016 5:20 PM

Sep 2011
Verifax said:
Sury said:
This episode was full of win. It was great how they handled the tansitions between the flashbacks and the final attack.

Also some of Rem's lines got me laughing so hard in a good way.

The only thing that felt a bit off was her leaving because of her injuries. I mean she has superior healing powers and Felix was also there. I really don't see any need for her leaving the group.

Eh, doesn't feel that off, she's just out of mana after having created a LOT of ice.
Therefore, just like Subaru's gate, she's spent.

Narratively our Rem is finally safe, and we can concentrate some of our attention on other characters.

Yeah. However, the others should also be quite exhausted, so going right into the next battle (even with the backup) seems like a bad idea.
Aug 21, 2016 5:21 PM

Feb 2014
Verifax said:
19Pyro90 said:
Im wondering if there will be any repurcussions from cutting down the freakin world tree. That shit was massive i wouldnt be surprised if it had ties to the mana throughout the country

Real talk: The opening ends with Emilia at the end standing near this bigass tree right? If this is ''Literal'' foreshadowing, that means there MUST be a reset. Because the tree is still standing in the opening.

And I share your doubts on whether cutting down a holy? tree, has no repercussions

I definitely hope they address that. I mean they gave it a good introduction a few episodes ago. But, Im not sure we can take the opening credits as a sign of anything to come in an anime. Ive seen too many that nothing to do with anything that happens in the story lol
Around and around the cycle goes.
Aug 21, 2016 5:23 PM

Aug 2013
Question:
Why do some creatures hate the smell of the witch? Was that ever explained?

Whats the deal with those black, spirit-like arms? Arent those the same Beetlejuice created?

As far as I know, nothing was revealed about Subarus ability and his connection to the witch, correct?
Aug 21, 2016 5:24 PM

Jul 2016
I love this Anime but...

We only have 4 episodes left?! Are they going to cover everything (I haven't read the original material so please, don't spoil me)?

I mean, we have 4 episodes to cover the Witch's Cult (next episode may be enough, but again, maybe not), "Truth about our MC and why he's here" + Emilia (if there's anything big news related to her) and the Royal Selection.

Maybe they will have a movie or something? Maybe I'm expecting too much. Maybe I'm just wrong!

Aug 21, 2016 5:28 PM

Sep 2013
Rehls said:
Tetimaru said:
What does a head bump even symbolize

More like they approximated their foreheads... The intent was to rest and comfort each other. It should've symbolized 'to share thoughts, as if two were one.'

That's intriguing, why is the last part in quotes? Is it directly taken from somewhere?
Aug 21, 2016 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
@FrozenSheep

There should be more seasons. The story is 100+ anime episodes long.

Tetimaru said:
Rehls said:

More like they approximated their foreheads... The intent was to rest and comfort each other. It should've symbolized 'to share thoughts, as if two were one.'

That's intriguing, why is the last part in quotes? Is it directly taken from somewhere?

It's meant as a known meaning for it.
Aug 21, 2016 5:29 PM

Nov 2015
can't wait till Emilia-Tan gets further developed and all the people who only care about "best-girl" bullshit start getting really confused.
Aug 21, 2016 5:30 PM

Jan 2013
FrozenSheep said:
I love this Anime but...

We only have 4 episodes left?! Are they going to cover everything (I haven't read the original material so please, don't spoil me)?

I mean, we have 4 episodes to cover the Witch's Cult (next episode may be enough, but again, maybe not), "Truth about our MC and why he's here" + Emilia (if there's anything big news related to her) and the Royal Selection.

Maybe they will have a movie or something? Maybe I'm expecting too much. Maybe I'm just wrong!

novel is around half done according to the author which is around 60 eps of anime adaptation material.So full anime would be around 120 eps.
So y there is lots of stuff about everything.
Aug 21, 2016 5:31 PM

Jul 2016
Buck_Wade said:
Verifax said:

I remember reading about that yea, I think only Puck's Voice actrice kept talking to him afterwards :). I'm glad he's truly bringing out what I imagined Subaru would be like based on appearance. An emotional jackass, but a good kid nonetheless.

That's the thing that freakin frustrates with all the fictional stories I've watched/read :We NEVER get a protagonist who is genuinely good, but has genuinely despecible sides to them like normal. They're either like:

Light Yagami( Death Note): A corrupt psychopath who is arguably despicable.
Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion): A good kid with issues that you can't hate him for.
Guts (Berserk): An antihero who blurs between good and evil.

Well Re:Zero made these despicable sides very apparent and seems to have dealt with them already. This means that from this point onward Subaru will keep himself in check and he'll be like 80 percent good kid instead of 60 percent or some Arbitrary number.

I don't know much about Shinji or Guts, except that Guts inspired this cool dude In Dark Souls.

I can talk about Light tho. In a sense he's the inverse of Subaru. Whereas Subaru grows for the better, Light grows for the worse. He grows to be genuinely evil, but he still has a genuinely good side to him. He truly believes he's doing the world a favor whilst stroking his own ego, yes, but he is also guided by his good side.

Therefore I wouldn't say we never get a protagonist with different sides to themselves. Even someone like Clare (from claymore) who is probably similar to Guts, has genuine flaws. She is genuinely good in every sense of the word, but she just can't forgive her target of hatred (with very good reason) and doesn't allow others to help her easily.

Tl;dr Not all protagonists are like Kirito(Reinhard?!) and not all of them get the same treatment as Subaru. But there are protag's like or inverse of Subaru. (imo ofc)
Aug 21, 2016 5:35 PM

Jul 2016
@Everyone who replied:

Thanks. It's great to know that we won't get a rushed ending :)

Aug 21, 2016 5:36 PM

Jul 2016
19Pyro90 said:
Verifax said:

Real talk: The opening ends with Emilia at the end standing near this bigass tree right? If this is ''Literal'' foreshadowing, that means there MUST be a reset. Because the tree is still standing in the opening.

And I share your doubts on whether cutting down a holy? tree, has no repercussions

I definitely hope they address that. I mean they gave it a good introduction a few episodes ago. But, Im not sure we can take the opening credits as a sign of anything to come in an anime. Ive seen too many that nothing to do with anything that happens in the story lol

Your absolutely right, I also hope the reset I described won't happen. A reset of the Fight vs the Whale will make this (AWESOME) struggle less impressive.

Speaking of the tree. There were some Japanese letters on it in episode 19,if I recall. Take that as you will.
Aug 21, 2016 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
puppetmazter said:
Question:

Whats the deal with those black, spirit-like arms? Arent those the same Beetlejuice created?

As far as I know, nothing was revealed about Subarus ability and his connection to the witch, correct?

We're not too sure, but it seems like there were/still are other witches around. It's been said that Satella was sealed, right? And that she consumed the other witches, along with half the world? Not sure how... It's possible that she lost control over her creations, and/or that her creations are now being controlled by adversary witches. By the way, the whale was called Gluttony. Satella is Envy.

Those arms? They are originally Satella's, but were given to Petelgeuse as a gift, for his devotion, it seems.

I'm theorizing that she might've brought him to her world with the purpose of eventually making him capable of freeing her. But nothing's been explicitly revealed I think.
Aug 21, 2016 5:41 PM

Apr 2016
Verifax said:
BlueAvatar said:
dat look on subaru's face at the end thou..I would love to see more cringe from him next ep..XD
anyway..this episode was good..mostly because they excuted the fight scenes verry well with some epic OSTs.

wait..at what point sending HALF of the mercenary team just to block a gooddamn road instead of having them help with fighting a fucking giant whale sounded like a good idea..?

Well, they figured they could get an easier kill on the White whale. By grounding it after giving it their ALL out attack. The army also expressed surprise in both episodes, that the whale was stronger then expected. (Well except Wilhelm I guess)

The mercenary team knew about the witch's cult being active around these parts. If they intervened in this battle, it would've had disastrous results.

Therefore splitting a sizeable force to deal with the Witch's cult, is smart imo.
this plan sounds as smart as if France sent half of their army to watch the border with spain while being in a war with German..
I mean..they should've prioritized their original goal instead of sending half of their men to stop a threat that may or may not be true while having to deal with more imprtant matters at their hands
Aug 21, 2016 5:47 PM

Dec 2015
Loved it.

For some reason I thought the Episode was 40+ minutes -- not because it was boring, but because I felt like a lot of content was captured. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode: some epic battle sequences, great use of flashbacks to tell that side-story, and some great "feels" moments. The ending of this episode was also really satisfying and it is great to see Subaru's character development to come as far as it has. I think cooperating with Julius (if I am not mistaken on the name) will be a big test for Subaru.

I'm stoked for the witch cult battle and seeing how this season is going to conclude! White Fox strikes again.
Aug 21, 2016 5:47 PM

Jul 2016
BlueAvatar said:
Verifax said:

Well, they figured they could get an easier kill on the White whale. By grounding it after giving it their ALL out attack. The army also expressed surprise in both episodes, that the whale was stronger then expected. (Well except Wilhelm I guess)

The mercenary team knew about the witch's cult being active around these parts. If they intervened in this battle, it would've had disastrous results.

Therefore splitting a sizeable force to deal with the Witch's cult, is smart imo.
this plan sounds as smart as if France sent half of their army to watch the border with spain while being in a war with German..
I mean..they should've prioritized their original goal instead of sending half of their men to stop a threat that may or may not be true while having to deal with more imprtant matters at their hands

I get your point and you might even be right.
The assumption i'm making at the very least. Is that they figured that they could deal with the whale ez pz with this many forces.
This means that they figured they would've lost with ALL Their forces vs white whale+interference of Witch's cult.

Blitzing 1 country with all of your forces is indeed the best strategy to win that battle, if, and only if you are sure you can win before the other force deals critical damage.

If Spain would attack France while France is dealing with Germany France would lose their capital and they'd have to surrender regardless of winning against Germany.

I hope you can see things a little from my perspective after this :)
I am not claiming what they did was the best tactic because there isn't a best tactic. The power lvls of witch cult/white whale were unknown after all.
I think their tactic is understandable at least.
Aug 21, 2016 5:48 PM

Feb 2016
Antearion said:
Best episode to date! Couldn't be more happy for Wilhelm and I loved the character that Subaru has become now.

The fight with the whale was just amazing. From start to finish it was put together very well. Nobody got a crazy power up of any type. It was jsut peep talks and great planning with Subaru and Crusch.

The flashbacks with Wilhelm definitely hit me and the feels. After all this time he finally got his revenge for his wife, and when he scream I love you, just to perfect.

Subaru and Rem scene was also very touching. The last scene would make a great wallpaper of the two imo.

That ending was great as well. I don't Subaru would become like he did before because he was grown up so much since then. But its clear as day that he still hates Julius.

Can't wait to see next episode.

Already screenshotted them bumping heads, nothing can beat that scene right there.

Aug 21, 2016 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
@BlueAvatar

Think that it'd be worse if this possible threat attacked them during the fight with the whale- when they were occupied. Just imagine a bunch of assassins appearing outta nowhere, killing those more vulnerable - the injured, and the mages. It could create chaos. It'd disrupt their tactic. Plus they were prepared enough for the whale, they thought. They had as many people as it had size. The others wouldn't be too helpful in grounding it anyway. They were counting more on Crusch, the mages and the machines for this.
removed-userAug 21, 2016 5:56 PM
Aug 21, 2016 5:51 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
Buck_Wade said:

That's the thing that freakin frustrates with all the fictional stories I've watched/read :We NEVER get a protagonist who is genuinely good, but has genuinely despecible sides to them like normal. They're either like:

Light Yagami( Death Note): A corrupt psychopath who is arguably despicable.
Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion): A good kid with issues that you can't hate him for.
Guts (Berserk): An antihero who blurs between good and evil.

Well Re:Zero made these despicable sides very apparent and seems to have dealt with them already. This means that from this point onward Subaru will keep himself in check and he'll be like 80 percent good kid instead of 60 percent or some Arbitrary number.

I don't know much about Shinji or Guts, except that Guts inspired this cool dude In Dark Souls.

I can talk about Light tho. In a sense he's the inverse of Subaru. Whereas Subaru grows for the better, Light grows for the worse. He grows to be genuinely evil, but he still has a genuinely good side to him. He truly believes he's doing the world a favor whilst stroking his own ego, yes, but he is also guided by his good side.

Therefore I wouldn't say we never get a protagonist with different sides to themselves. Even someone like Clare (from claymore) who is probably similar to Guts, has genuine flaws. She is genuinely good in every sense of the word, but she just can't forgive her target of hatred (with very good reason) and doesn't allow others to help her easily.

Tl;dr Not all protagonists are like Kirito(Reinhard?!) and not all of them get the same treatment as Subaru. But there are protag's like or inverse of Subaru. (imo ofc)

Shinji's a 14 year old kid with serious issues, like wanting to be loved while keeping his distance, and so on.

Guts is a the most hardcore anime badass I've seen, but with a fully developed personality first. He struggles to find meaning in his life besides just surviving as a lone wolf. Which almost all is thrown away after the insanely depressing tragedy.
Aug 21, 2016 5:53 PM

Feb 2016
juicykitten95 said:
FrozenSheep said:
I love this Anime but...

novel is around half done according to the author which is around 60 eps of anime adaptation material.So full anime would be around 120 eps.
So y there is lots of stuff about everything.

They could even do an OVA of if chapter and Whilhem and Theresia but that would really be pushing although it could happen in the future but one fact is this is really likely for another season and if it is as successful as this one they might even adapt all the way but it will take a long time.
I hope anything else they adapt for this anime is amazing as it has been so far otherwise ill just read the novel.

Aug 21, 2016 5:54 PM

Sep 2013
Wilhelm got swallowed by a whale and stayed in the thing's gut for like, what, an hour maybe? Then he physically chopped his way out through layers of fat, blubber, gristle, muscle and gore. And he was pretty much clean. A couple of blood spatters that he already had prior to getting swallowed. Hell, his shirt was still tucked in! Minor annoyance, I know, but he should've been a gory, nasty mess!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 21, 2016 5:57 PM

Jul 2016
Buck_Wade said:
Verifax said:

Shinji's a 14 year old kid with serious issues, like wanting to be loved while keeping his distance, and so on.

Guts is a the most hardcore anime badass I've seen, but with a fully developed personality first. He struggles to find meaning in his life besides just surviving as a lone wolf. Which almost all is thrown away after the insanely depressing tragedy.

Do you recommend reading berserk? I heard it had a lot of pardon my choice of words; ''edgy'' rape scenes. By this I mean it uses rape too often for shock factor. According to your second sentence Guts is all but obsessed by Pure rage, instead of other emotions.

Also google Artorias the Abysswalker (dark souls). He is literally based on Guts :P
Aug 21, 2016 6:00 PM

Jul 2016
Talon184 said:
Wilhelm got swallowed by a whale and stayed in the thing's gut for like, what, an hour maybe? Then he physically chopped his way out through layers of fat, blubber, gristle, muscle and gore. And he was pretty much clean. A couple of blood spatters that he already had prior to getting swallowed. Hell, his shirt was still tucked in! Minor annoyance, I know, but he should've been a gory, nasty mess!

As always we gotta take these things with a grain of salt. I also don't know how much gore the original Light novel or web novel featured in this scene, but Re; zero the anime is still somewhat censored. I also doubt he was in the whale for more than a couple of minutes.
Aug 21, 2016 6:00 PM

Dec 2013
This was a great episode. Didn't expect them to use the massive tree like that!

I'm happy to see both Wilhelm and Ricardo alive! Wilhelm finally avenging his waifu brought tears to my eyes ;_;

This is still best ship
Aug 21, 2016 6:09 PM

Feb 2012
Amazing edgy episode

Aug 21, 2016 6:09 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
Buck_Wade said:

Do you recommend reading berserk? I heard it had a lot of pardon my choice of words; ''edgy'' rape scenes. By this I mean it uses rape too often for shock factor. According to your second sentence Guts is all but obsessed by Pure rage, instead of other emotions.

Also google Artorias the Abysswalker (dark souls). He is literally based on Guts :P

I meant the anime, season 2's airing. The manga's way ahead, but from what I've heard of it, and as an anime viewer, rape is always has some form of purpose (the tragedy in which one character goes completely insane from rape), or it makes sense within context (like soldiers seeing a female soldier, and thus, wanting to rape her).
But in the anime, at least, it's used very rarely.

Guts is driven by many emotions. In the beginning of the anime, he's a lone wolf who doesn't care about anyone with an abused past.
After joining a mercenary band, he learns of comradery and grows to genuinely care for others.
At some point, though, he decides to find his own dream, live for something other than just surviving.
After a certain tragedy, he becomes a cold hearted man hell bent on fulfilling his vengeance, but still very much cares for his comrades, occasionally opens up a bit to others. He's a character (in the anime right now, at least), who very much blurs between good and evil: He won't go around killing people for fun, but if you happen to be in his way, he won't hesitate to cut you down, basically.

Trust me, Berserk is a story of comradery, finding your dreams, and a tragedy FIRST, and a gory, disturbing medieval war story SECOND.

Yeah, I know about Artorias.
Aug 21, 2016 6:13 PM
Apr 2014
Jaridan said:
and this episode we complete our knowledge on how to beat a white wale in it's natural habitat.

shoutout to redditor Xlauncher https://www.reddit.com/user/XLauncher

White Whale (Mythic)

By Natsuki Subaru

The White Whale is an undefeated world boss that can spawn at Flugel's Tree around 1 AM. Battling it is a large undertaking that requires no less than a full and balanced raid of skilled players. Once you've assembled your desired party, meet up at Flugel's Tree and use the metia, <Nokia 6133> to summon the boss.

Phase 1 - 100% - 80%

The battle begins with the pull, which is tricky in of itself. In order to give yourself the best odds of victory, the boss should be kited. Due to the fact that the White Whale will attack from far out of melee range, your kiter should have some means of generating aggro from range. A Shadow specced Hikkomori with a maxed out Witch's Whispers is ideal. Given that Witch's Whispers can only be used a finite amount of times before the caster succumbs to the stacking debuff, it's recommended to either have a second Hikkomori to trade off taunts with, or to pair one Hikkomori with a Best Girl with Al Huma talented for range. As the White Whale can one shot any character, the kiter's level is unimportant.

The kiter should engage on a mount, in advance of the raid. Once aggro is secure, the raid's ranged attackers should open fire and use all trinkets and cooldowns immediately. Melee should operate turrets to the best of their abilities.

Phase 1 is relatively easy and its smooth commission should be an afterthought.

Phase 2 - 80% - 70%

During this phase, the White Whale will not hold a main target, but will still respond to taunt mechanics, however, your melee will be able to mount the boss for direct attacks, so moving the boss carelessly should be avoided. The melee should engage the boss' weak spots and use cooldowns liberally. Ranged should continue as they did in Phase 1.

Phase 3 - 70% - 50%

The White Whale will descend and blanket the field in a white fog. Players who stand in the fog will accrue stacks of Madness. Once Madness reaches five stacks, it will root them in place and cause them to suffer 31050-39890 damage per 2 seconds until the player dies or is cleansed. Healers should prioritize cleansing Madness.

In addition to Madness, an untargetable add, Magic Fog, will move throughout the mist. Players struck by this will be immediately killed and incapable of being battle rezzed. It is of paramount importance to avoid being struck by this, even it it means accruing stacks of Madness.

The kiter should resume their role for this phase and lure the White Whale away from the raid while the healers deal with the initial wave of Madness. And players who avoided accruing stacks should give chase and attack the White Whale as it pursues the kiter.

Phase 4 - 50% - ??

The White Whale will summon clones of itself, each with its own aggro table. At this point, you're really just kinda fucked.
--------------------------------

White Whale (Mythic) (cont'd)

By Natsuki Subaru

Special Note: At this time, rumours that Magic Fog is bugged, and in fact deletes your character data from the server have been confirmed by [GM] Daphne. Engage the White Whale in this state at your own peril.

Phase 4 - 50% - 10%

The White Whale will create two copies of itself while its real self will remain out of reach above the field. The two clones are weaker than the original and thus, can be tanked. The clones should be distracted and tanked apart to make it easier for the raid to avoid Magic Fog. Any players who are swallowed by a clone can be recovered if ~200k damage is dealt to that clone within twenty seconds, so the raid should be prepared to switch targets in order to preserve party members.

Once the real White Whale is defeated, its clones will disperse, ending the battle, so the primary concern is pulling the White Whale from its perch in the sky in order to finish it off. In order to accomplish this, you will need to launch a player with a powerful taunt into the White Whale's range. It's likely that this is intended to be accomplished with one of the catapults, however, the Hikkomori and Best Girl combo from before can accomplish this through the use of their native abilities. Additionally, if the Best Girl has points invested into Heaven's Pillows, the Hikkomori's fall damage can be negated.

Phase 5 - 10% - 0%

Mostly a victory lap phase, however, it is imperative that your players fending off the clones remain on point until the battle's conclusion.

Once the White Whale returns to the ground, Flugel's Tree becomes a destructible feature. Interact with it to pin the White Whale. The White Whale will not be able to act while pin, so all raid members not on clone duty should unload with abandon.

Loot (Incomplete)

Theresia's Lei
Neck
+318 Primary
+145 Secondary
"Do you like flowers?"

Moby's Left Eye
Off-Hand
+250 Primary
+98 Secondary
+200 Tenacity

Vapor Rub
Trinket
+300 Primary
Use: Discards all threat from engaged enemies. (3 min cooldown)

greatest post I have ever seen
Aug 21, 2016 6:13 PM

May 2016
I love this. nice one
Aug 21, 2016 6:14 PM
Aug 2014
This episode felt great. Its like playing Dark souls and you finally beat that boss you died over and over against
And now finally you beat him and can progress, feels so good

Also like always the best girling intensifies, Rem had so many awesome scenes this episode
When Subaru landed safely on her boobies i really had to laugh and that eskimo kiss in the end was imo the sweetest thing we have yet seen between them.

Just look at them. This looks so genuine
Aug 21, 2016 6:17 PM

Mar 2016
Nice episode. Best moments for me were basically all of the scenes centered around Crusch. Thus far, she is my favorite character of the series.

Honestly, I'm glad Rem isn't going with them to fight the Witch's cult. I don't hate Rem, but I've grown rather tired of her scenes with Subaru.

Uggggh, Subaru's face at the end. He was actually being okay these last couple episodes, but he's probably gonna start acting like an obnoxious little bitch again. Well, unlike Subaru, I'm glad Julius has shown up again. Julius seemed interesting during the few times he's had screen time. So I hope we get to learn more about him this time.
Aug 21, 2016 6:18 PM

Jul 2016
Buck_Wade said:
Verifax said:

I meant the anime, season 2's airing. The manga's way ahead, but from what I've heard of it, and as an anime viewer, rape is always has some form of purpose (the tragedy in which one character goes completely insane from rape), or it makes sense within context (like soldiers seeing a female soldier, and thus, wanting to rape her).

Guts is driven by many emotions. In the beginning of the anime, he's a lone wolf who doesn't care about anyone with an abused past.
After joining a mercenary band, he learns of comradery and grows to genuinely care for others.
At some point, though, he decides to find his own dream, live for something other than just surviving.
After a certain tragedy, he becomes a cold hearted man hell bent on fulfilling his vengeance, but still very much cares for his comrades, occasionally opens up a bit to others. He's a character (in the anime right now, at least), who very much blurs between good and evil: He won't go around killing people for fun, but if you happen to be in his way, he won't hesitate to cut you down, basically.

Trust me, Berserk is a story of comradery, finding your dreams, and a tragedy FIRST, and a gory, disturbing medieval war story SECOND.

Guess I'll try reading it. Thanks for the response, it was nice and informative.

Tl:dr, I guess Subaru would've turned into Guts if his anger in episode 16 brought him results.
Aug 21, 2016 6:18 PM
Jul 2016
leNerd said:
This episode felt great. Its like playing Dark souls and you finally beat that boss you died over and over against
And now finally you beat him and can progress, feels so good

Also like always the best girling intensifies, Rem had so many awesome scenes this episode
When Subaru landed safely on her boobies i really had to laugh and that eskimo kiss in the end was imo the sweetest thing we have yet seen between them.

Just look at them. This looks so genuine

A Souls boss in which you finally get to the halfway point, yet miraculously manage to beat it.
It is official: Subaru is the protagonist of Dark Souls, and Re: Zero is Dark Souls the anime.
Yeah, I hate out of place fan service, but the boobs scene was a small thing, and was actually funny.
At this point, I wouldn't say that Subaru and Rem's relationship isn't something obsessive. Rather, it's 2 friends who've become extremely close and rely on each other for emotional support. Although I do wish we got to see the hugging scene from the opening.
Aug 21, 2016 6:20 PM
Apr 2014
episode in a nutshell

subaru= when all you have is provoke.jpg

rem-best girl3000= Off-tank while best dps does dps inside target

wilhem= best dps

cru-sama= stop embarrassing me guys, our noob kiter is doing better than us

Whale= you fuckers are cheap with this tree bullshit. normally people give up after my [divide] mechanic.

on another note, best girl rem is gaining too many best girl points. I sense unholy disaster flag has been popped so can someone who knows whats up pm what happens to rem. I do not want the feels and I rather just brace myself now. Its bad enough when one of my favorite ships sunk in magi, I cannot take another surprised hit right now.
Aug 21, 2016 6:20 PM

Feb 2016
who need first kiss when u can do it again on the second times...GJ YOUNG WILLHELM
and the last part was freaking cute...just do it subaru,just do it,confess her again !!!
RazierAug 21, 2016 6:24 PM
Aug 21, 2016 6:22 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
Buck_Wade said:

Guess I'll try reading it. Thanks for the response, it was nice and informative.

Tl:dr, I guess Subaru would've turned into Guts if his anger in episode 16 brought him results.

Oh, hell no. Don't even compare the 2. Don't get me wrong, Subaru was pissed, but Guts' hatred makes Subaru's from ep 16 look like a toddler crying over not getting candy. Guts does something in the anime and manga when trying to get to the person he hates that...yeah.
Aug 21, 2016 6:28 PM

Jul 2016
Buck_Wade said:
Verifax said:

Oh, hell no. Don't even compare the 2. Don't get me wrong, Subaru was pissed, but Guts' hatred makes Subaru's from ep 16 look like a toddler crying over not getting candy. Guts does something in the anime and manga when trying to get to the person he hates that...yeah.

Well, Subaru wanted to mass slaughter the entire cult too. I take it Guts killed a bunch of innocents based on what you said tho. Subaru was practically asking crusch to send innocent soldiers, for no real gain, to their deaths against the cult tho :).

Anyways Guts does some real messed up shit huh? That does sound interesting :)
Aug 21, 2016 6:30 PM

Aug 2015
I like how they directed the episodes so that viewers can understand and feel how deep the love of Wilhelm for Theresia. <3
Aug 21, 2016 6:30 PM

Aug 2013
Rehls said:
puppetmazter said:
Question:

We're not too sure, but it seems like there were/still are other witches around. It's been said that Satella was sealed, right? And that she consumed the other witches, along with half the world? Not sure how... It's possible that she lost control over her creations, and/or that her creations are now being controlled by adversary witches. By the way, the whale was called Gluttony. Satella is Envy.

Those arms? They are originally Satella's, but were given to Petelgeuse as a gift, for his devotion, it seems.

I'm theorizing that she might've brought him to her world with the purpose of eventually making him capable of freeing her. But nothing's been explicitly revealed I think.

Thanks for your insight. So gluttony wasnt necessarily created by envy, and could very well hate her smell for alot of reasons.
The fact that they both are labeled as a deadly sin suggests that they are peers maybe? On that note: Beeltejuice kept saying sloth and I belive he also called Subaru prideful. Looking forwerd to more infos on that.

So the black arms, that stop Subaru from talking about his curse dont have to be from Beetlejuice. He is just able to use that spell too. Interesting.
Aug 21, 2016 6:32 PM

Jul 2016
Andes-Chucky said:
I like how they directed the episodes so that viewers can understand and feel how deep of the love of Wilhelm for Theresia. <3

Re:zero's strongest suit is definitely how it conveys emotion! It feels both real and intense!
Aug 21, 2016 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
solid episode it's almost like the subaru now and a few weeks ago are two completely different people but that ending scene kinda mad me feel well hes gonna go back to his old ways once again lol.

getting a bit tired of these Rem moments i need a break for real, will say sad to see crusch go she was growing on me meanwhile i'm starting to forget Emilia because shes barely around at all this season :/
Aug 21, 2016 6:33 PM

Jul 2009
Wilheim flashback scenes were heartbreakingly good. May his wife rest in peace.

Rem continuing to be the best girl. My god Subaru get over that half-elf. Also that head-to-head touching moment is worth more than any kiss scene. So cute.

Subaru u were becoming a better man and yet still have to act so viciously when you see that guy. Calm the fck down bruh. Please don't start a fight.
Aug 21, 2016 6:36 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
Buck_Wade said:

Well, Subaru wanted to mass slaughter the entire cult too. I take it Guts killed a bunch of innocents based on what you said tho. Subaru was practically asking crusch to send innocent soldiers, for no real gain, to their deaths against the cult tho :).

From what little I've read of the manga, he doesn't (and even shows sympathy to a girl who's gone through a similar tragedy like him), but he doesn't care either what happens to some random stranger.
Yeah, I forgot for a moment of what Subaru was asking. Sure, he was absolutely pissed, so he wasn't thinking properly, but wanting to massacre a cult like that? For a 17 year old who we know isn't experienced with committing murder, that's screwed up.
Yeah, to be Guts is to suffer through a few of some of the most depressing things that'd send a normal human to suicide.
To be Subaru is to go through a bunch of screwed up stuff, but on a lot less bad scale than Guts'.
Aug 21, 2016 6:37 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
Andes-Chucky said:
I like how they directed the episodes so that viewers can understand and feel how deep of the love of Wilhelm for Theresia. <3

Re:zero's strongest suit is definitely how it conveys emotion! It feels both real and intense!

Especially Subaru's expressions. Gives goosbumps.
Aug 21, 2016 6:40 PM

Jul 2016
Buck_Wade said:
Verifax said:

From what little I've read of the manga, he doesn't (and even shows sympathy to a girl who's gone through a similar tragedy like him), but he doesn't care either what happens to some random stranger.
Yeah, I forgot for a moment of what Subaru was asking. Sure, he was absolutely pissed, so he wasn't thinking properly, but wanting to massacre a cult like that? For a 17 year old who we know isn't experienced with committing murder, that's screwed up.
Yeah, to be Guts is to suffer through a few of some of the most depressing things that'd send a normal human to suicide.
To be Subaru is to go through a bunch of screwed up stuff, but on a lot less bad scale than Guts'.

On another subject, got some favorite characters in Re:zero yet? :)
Are you perhaps one of the few who can proudly say Subaru is top 2?
Aug 21, 2016 6:52 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
Buck_Wade said:

On another subject, got some favorite characters in Re:zero yet? :)
Are you perhaps one of the few who can proudly say Subaru is top 2?

Subaru is the most complex protagonist I've seen in any piece of storytelling, I'm dead serious (opinion). I've seen stories of a protagonist who is generic, an antihero, a straight up douche like Light Yagami (Death Note), a good guy that has a few flaws (Shinji).
But not a protagonist who is good, but has despicable sides to him like a NORMAL person: Selfish, self-centered, etc, those are qualities you see of many people as you get closer to them.
So yeah, Subaru's my favorite character in Re: Zero and of probably all anime (currently). 2nd favorite? Rem. All her development. And even though I'm a full-dude, her and Subaru's relationship is freakin sweet.
Aug 21, 2016 6:52 PM

Apr 2016
@Verifax and @Rehls
well first..regardless of how capable they thought they are against the whale, it doesn't change the fact that they would have killed it faster and with less dead bodies in their side..
and even if they had an estimation of the of the whale strengh, they weren't sure 100%

so let me ask you:
you are in a situation where you have to deal with two fights
one with a whale, which you are 100% sure that it will happen, but not 100% sure about how strong the whale would be..
the other fight is with the Wich's cult, which you aren't sure if it will happen or not, nor sure about how strong the enemy would be if the fight actually happened.

so what is the best tactic?

1-sending half of your forces to deal with a potentiel attack from the Witch's cult, and risking a huge loss if the whale was stronger than your estimations + if the Witch's cult didn't attack you would have wasted half of your men on nothing.

2-sending a minimal number of your men to postponing the Witch cult if they attacked so the main forces would deal with them after they kill the whale as fast as possible with minimal losses. and if the Witch's cult didn't attack then it would have been a perfect win.

I don't know about you, but I would've gone with the second choice.
BlueAvatarAug 21, 2016 6:56 PM
Aug 21, 2016 6:57 PM

Aug 2012
puppetmazter said:
Question:

It hasn't been explained entirely. Only that people like rem despise it and demon beast are attracted to it.

The black spirit like arms are the same. It's one of Satella's abilities originally. I think puck said she could create 1-2 thousand hands.

Nothing has been revealed yet.
Aug 21, 2016 7:01 PM

Jul 2011
Buck_Wade said:
Terium said:
I'm getting really pissed when seeing anime hipsters writing unnecessary comments about how they think certain shows are bad. Why would you watch it if you think it's bad? You're certainly not a professional critic, so... why? I would never dream of going to the trouble of pissing on something just to tick off the people who enjoy it. Is it in their nature to assert their idiocy to make others feel anger? I just don't understand it. Don't go out of your way trying to convince people to hate something just because you feel that your exquisite taste in complex, superb <insert ambiguous word that asserts your intellect here> anime is above others opinions, shouldn't mean you have any right to drown it in pessimistic drabble. Get off you high horse, take off your fedora, tuck in your ego and get the fuck out of here instead of infecting everything you touch by your toxic negativity. I know this is the internet and people can behave however they want without repercussion, so how about this: Grow a smile for a change, read/watch/play etc. whatever you enjoy and be happy about the things that makes you happy instead of draining others of joy, turning them into cynics. I'm trying to not be one myself but in all honesty, that ship has already sailed. I wish I could just ignore everything but clearly, I lack the ability to do so.

People are simply stating their opinions and why they think so. The people you really should be criticizing are the ones who FORCE those opinions on others and insult them (*coughs* That Anime Snob).

Yeah, that's what I meant - forcing opinions.
Aug 21, 2016 7:04 PM

Jul 2011
Goofs said:
I think Rem and Subaru will end up together. Emilia has got to reject Subaru

she has to

She's shown affection several times though. She's just extremely tsundere to a point of not even understanding her own feelings. I hope for Emilia over Rem. At this point he could just use her as a slave, she obeys him like a dog...
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1833 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 18, 8:26 PM

» Should I watch director cut or the regular one?

ido4224 - Sep 6

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 18, 5:44 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

252 by Kira_Illusionist »»
Sep 18, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

821 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 16, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2016

936 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 3, 11:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.