Forum Settings
Forums

[For Admins and Officers] READ first post before making a topic!

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (44) « First ... « 39 40 [41] 42 43 » ... Last »
Jul 23, 2014 11:14 PM

Apr 2007
I managed to put up the manga of the fortnight but I'm not sure if I'll screw up anything fixing all the information on the main page so I haven't done it yet.
Jul 26, 2014 4:46 PM

Aug 2009
I can update the main page if you are worried about it.

If you can enter the info here, I can just hit the edit post button and copy/paste the info. ^^

@everyone: Sorry for not being on! I am moving right now. Thankfully most of the stuff is at the new place, but now the organization process has to get going. DX

I will make the July cards and stuff and I will be able to do newsletter deliveries, but I may or may not make new cards.

If I do, it will probably only be one or two for each.
Jul 26, 2014 6:26 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I'm available for newsletter delivery

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jul 26, 2014 6:55 PM
Dec 2011
Reporting in for deliveries! :)
Jul 27, 2014 10:03 AM

Sep 2008
I should be able to deliver!
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Jul 27, 2014 4:32 PM

Jan 2012
I am available to do deliveries~
Jul 28, 2014 10:03 AM

Jul 2013
I know I have previously mentioned that I would be available to do deliveries this month, but I won't be able to do so anymore. I'll be having a surgery today and will be going on hiatus for a month or two depending on how my rehabilitation will go. I honestly did know the date of my surgery, so I do want to apologize for the inconvenience. I hope you can all forgive me.
Jul 28, 2014 10:26 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
RandomNinjaName said:
... I'll be having a surgery today and will be going on hiatus...

I will forgive you and pray for you... Hope everything goes well and to see you soon after that.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jul 28, 2014 4:43 PM

Aug 2009
@RandonNinjaName: Don't worry about newsletters or club activities at all and focus on yourself. I hope your rehabilitation goes well!

@Delivery Team: Okay, so we're splitting it in 5!

Here is the newsletter

Here is the list

janree: 1-28
SheyCroix: 29-56
Hime-sama: 57-84
puppydoglvr: 85-112
Ose_93: 113-142*
Jul 28, 2014 7:48 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
delivery done

34. http://myanimelist.net/profile/Natsucchi - Last Online 02-05-14
50. http://myanimelist.net/profile/sea27 - Comments have been disabled for this profile.
53. http://myanimelist.net/profile/Procella - Last Online 02-09-14

btw I was thinking that what if we modified the list and what we ask for people who subscribe? instead of this:

Name in URL Format by typing:
[url=http://myanimelist.net/profile/your_username]your_username[/url*]

for this:
Name in URL Format by typing:
[url=http://myanimelist.net/profile/your_username#comment]your_username[/url*]

that will take us directly to the comment box in the profiles... it's helpful in profiles that take a while in loading images or need to much scrolling lol.
I offer myself to do this if it's a good idea. And I think we should link the club main page in the banner used in the newsletters.

Also I want to help in the card making thing but I'm new to Photoshop and need lots of tips and help. Anyone volunteer? ;)

oh and we have 3 more that asked for a subscription but aren't in the list yet...

as a side note what's the status for thread for Official Member Cards? I somehow ended there and (i) could find my number in the members list and (ii) I still don't have some of the cards requested :'(
SheyCroixJul 28, 2014 8:35 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jul 31, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2009
Hm, I think that sounds fine. However, since janree is the one who takes care of the Newlsetter list, we should leave the decision up to her.

I can totally help you out with photoshop sometime over the weekend, if you would like. I'm no expert either, but hopefully you will be able to learn something from my limited skills. Which version of PS are you using?

I'm actually taking a photoshop class this semester, so I'll be able to tell you more things later. ^^

Sorry about that! I'm totally behind in the member card thread... I'll make those cards asap so you'll get the ones from me!

I know Kannei is really good at that type of thing, but some of the others who make Member Cards haven't been in the club so much anymore. We should probably contact them or something.

On that note, I'm sending the 30 day removal notice to 2 admins who haven't been on MAL in a while. Sadame-tan has a note on her profile saying she'll be back in September, so I might wait a bit longer on her. It says she's going to mostly be updating her anime/manga lists when she gets back, so I'll ask her if she is still interested in being an admin.
Jul 31, 2014 11:28 AM

Jan 2012
Finished delivering my portion of the NLs ^_^
Aug 1, 2014 10:49 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Ose_93 said:
...I can totally help you out with photoshop sometime over the weekend, if you would like. I'm no expert either, but hopefully you will be able to learn something from my limited skills. Which version of PS are you using?
Sorry about that! I'm totally behind in the member card thread... I'll make those cards asap so you'll get the ones from me!

I'm using PS CS6... I have learned a lot more lately from different websites... but such a program needs a bit too much time to learn properly...
Thanks for offering your help. Anything you can teach let me know via PM (it's easier to look up later ;) )
Right now I think I can make a proper card but not to flashy lol

And thanks, will be waiting patiently for the card.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 1, 2014 11:28 AM

Aug 2009
I'll make cards for this month when I get off of work and finish up my counseling appointment at school. Ugh, school starts in 17 more days...

I'll probably just make one for the couple (unless I find another graphic I really like, then it'll be 2) and I'll try to make more for the mangaka.

@SheyCroix: I wish I could make flashy cards, too. I've seen people put scenes from anime in them and stuff but I have no clue how they do that. *.*

I can make movable ones if I have a succession of pictures, but idk how to put video clips in card.

Hopefully I learn a lot this semester!
Aug 1, 2014 10:31 PM
Dec 2011
Sorry for the late response,, I completely missed Ose's newsletter delivery post, it seems.

Anyhow I've finished deliveries and updated the list with your comments (only those who haven't been on in 6+ months count though, so I've left some of them for now).

@SheyCroix +deliverers
Here are some factors: What we have now allows us to check their activity on MAL (so to check for inactive users) and this also chews up time for the 20second interval between commenting (or do you guys have some way against that that I do not know of? :o)
But I'm okay with that if all other deliverers are okay, too. And I can do it as well, as I've been meaning to actually potentially update the list with something:

Do you guys prefer the clicking of the NL links as they are now? I don't know if it's just me, but before BB codes came back I would click on a link and the profile would open in a new tab.. now the list (if you click edit and check the codes) shows it in [url=][/url] format and so if you just click on the links the profile opens on the current tab.
Did you guys prefer it as it was before, or how it is now?

As for people who have not been added on the NL list if the NL has been made, no worries about that:) Usually Ose sees it but if not, I will always check to ensure they are delivered to them ^^ since it was on me to update the list
Aug 1, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2009
Yup! I usually check to make sure we are up to date on subscriptions when I divide up the list. That's why my delivery section had a little * next to it, I deliver to the people who aren't added yet. Honestly though, this isn't a very common occurrence.

I wish I had something to make the 20 second thing go away. Sometimes it let's me comment sooner, sometimes it makes me wait the whole time... I didn't think about it before, but you are right, it does let us see if people are being active. I'm going to be really honest and say that I am the worst when it comes to making sure people are being active. Having it go straight to comments might make me worse. XD

I don't mind either way about opening in the new tab or not. I am in the habit of right clicking and opening on a new tab that way when there is a link. Though I do like usually use target=blank whenever I have things that require links in lj. I think it's more convenient.
Aug 2, 2014 5:38 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
After I made the recommendation I was thinking about that so I guess it's better the way it is now. It serve double purpose (time and checking activity)...

It would be better to automatically open in a new tab, but I often open all links in a new tab (right-click) so it's ok.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 4, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2009
Okay, we're finishing the garage today, so I will now have time to work on Member cards and badges. Hopefully I'll be able to deliver mid week, if not then I will on the weekend for sure. ^^
Aug 11, 2014 11:57 AM

Aug 2009
Member Cards are done~

I'm just going to do the Badges today, too. That way I can deliver them together.
Aug 20, 2014 2:58 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I hope everyone is doing great

I'm available for deliveries
SheyCroixAug 21, 2014 2:45 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 22, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2009
Available for delivery as well.

I'll also make MOTM cards. I'll make COTM cards, too, if needed. ^^
Aug 22, 2014 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
Oh and I removed one person from the Admin/Staff.

darkquach replied to the message I sent him and let me know that he doesn't use this website anymore.

I also sent a message to Sadame-tan, but she hasn't gotten back to me. I don't think she will since she hasn't been on since August 2013...

When I looked at the admin list, I only saw 8 people who are actually active. ghirahim, Hime-sama, janree, kannei, puppydoglvr, RandomNinjaName, SheyCroix, and myself. I could be wrong since I'm not really sure what everyone's duties are, so people could be doing stuff for the club elsewhere.

I'm going to send messages to people who I know and are online regularly to see what's up. They could be too busy with real life for the club which is understandable.

There are also those who only do things like make cards when they see a couple/mangaka they like, which is totally fine.
Aug 22, 2014 10:30 AM
Dec 2011
Count me in for deliveries :)
Aug 25, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2012
I can do deliveries as well~
Aug 26, 2014 12:44 PM

Aug 2009
If Hime doesn't respond by today, I'll go ahead and divide the newsletter between us 4. She might be too busy this month. C:
Aug 26, 2014 2:08 PM

Apr 2007
I managed to update the main page, finally, but I'm not sure if there was a picture under the winning couple bit. Other than that everything went fine. ^^
Aug 27, 2014 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
That's awesome ghirahim. I don't think there was a picture there. I'll be sure to put one up.

@Delivery Team: We're dividing the list into 4.

Newsletter here
List here

janree: 1-35
SheyCroix: 36-70
puppydoglvr: 71-105
Ose_93: 106-140

@Card Makers: Next month is Halloween! Who wants to do a Halloween LE?

I'm totally going to be making some cards. ;)
Aug 27, 2014 5:58 PM
Dec 2011
I've completed deliveries~
Natsucchi hasn't been on in 6+ months so I've moved them to the other list.

I have a question about the inactivity and blocked commenting list.
Do we keep their names for record / do we need them?
I noticed on the inactive users list there are people who have been on since/within the last 6 months, so am I supposed to add them back onto the NL list or.. ?
Aug 27, 2014 7:34 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Delivery completed

53. http://myanimelist.net/profile/Procella Last Online 02-09-14

Ose I'll look forward to your cards

I really want to make some too but lately I have found myself so busy that I can't continue playing with PS... a shame.... I'm having a breakdown since I need an anime dosis... and it's been a couple of days since I could watch something.... ah~ life is good but hard~ lol

Janree I think it would be better to ask them if they want to continue receiving the newsletter or something... though that sounds like a lot of work.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 27, 2014 8:55 PM
Dec 2011
@SheyCroix
Alright, I will move them off the list~

And yah exactly. I was thinking yes I could at times go through the lists and add them back in or contact them, but then do we need to put in so much effort when they initiated the blocking of comments and/or don't go on MAL say for years and then come back and perhaps don't even check clubs anymore? Because if they really wish to, they can always sign up again..
And this also affects the NL delivering workload.
Thanks for responding,, wanted to hear what you guys thought:)
Aug 27, 2014 9:09 PM

Aug 2009
I'm not sure what to do about people who block commenting... Sometimes they end up unblocking it...

As for the inactive people, we can look at the profiles and remove those who say they aren't going to be using MAL. Like I saw that 1994's profile just said "Gone."

If they become active again, we should probably just move them back to the main list. If they wanted to be removed, they can tell us.

Maybe we can check once a month on these to see if people are active again/allow commenting again?

And I saw that some people haven't been on since 2012 or 2011, maybe we should consider removing them? It's been quite a while...
Aug 27, 2014 9:52 PM
Dec 2011
Maybe for users who block comments, since they proactively wanted to not receive anything, we should treat them like invalid users and just remove them without a record.

As for inactive users, we do what we've always done and keep them on a list.

Ose_93 said:
And I saw that some people haven't been on since 2012 or 2011, maybe we should consider removing them? It's been quite a while...
By removing them, you mean not keep a record of it anymore?

So this means for inactive users aka 6+ months off MAL:
-we put them on the inactive users list
-check once a month ish to see if anyone has come back on
-users who have been off MAL for 1+ years will be permanently off the list

Is that it?

Edit: the last factor (the 1+ yrs bit) is just an example.. we can decide if that's okay or not
Aug 28, 2014 10:41 AM

Aug 2009
@janree: That's true. If they block their profile, they are making it so they don't receive anything. So it would be best to remove them and they could request to be put back on if they really want to after they remove their block.

As for the last bullet point, we can all discuss when we think people should be removed, but I do think that after a certain point they should be since they might not be using this site anymore.
Aug 28, 2014 3:06 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I agree about the people blocking the comment section
Ose_93 said:
...they are making it so they don't receive anything. So it would be best to remove them and they could request to be put back on if they really want to after they remove their block.

but we could put them in the inactive list for a while. I saw that once but the user had asked to receive their deliveries by inbox....

About the users with 6+ months off... it's a lot of trouble to keep checking their profile regularly just to see if we have more work or not....

about the record I think at most 1 year off should be ok

It could be better to, well, create something like a generic message (with club name + link and some info about us) and then send them that letting them know we are removing them from the newsletter delivery list. Also including a link to the topic for sing up so if they are interested they could just sign in again. Like that we don't have to keep an eye on them.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 28, 2014 10:09 PM
Dec 2011
Alright so we agree to remove the disabled commenting list. I could just put a sentence like with invalid users.
Future findings of disabled commenting will just be removed from the NL list.

Exception: If someone does request to be delivered by inbox (and they have disabled commenting), then as long as they let us know, then that's fine.

SheyCroix said:
About the users with 6+ months off... it's a lot of trouble to keep checking their profile regularly just to see if we have more work or not....
Are you referring to the inactive user list? Or just generally checking for inactive users as we deliver NLs?

I also think 1 year is fine.

SheyCroix said:
It could be better to, well, create something like a generic message (with club name + link and some info about us) and then send them that letting them know we are removing them from the newsletter delivery list. Also including a link to the topic for sing up so if they are interested they could just sign in again. Like that we don't have to keep an eye on them.
Is this for when we remove them from the NL list, be it for being an inactive user or for disabling commenting (thus then message must be sent via PM)?
Aug 29, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2009
I think it would be a good idea to tell inactive users something like that, so if they come back on after the year they can sign back up if they want to. ^^

When people disable commenting, they sometimes disable PMs too. But if they tell us they want to receive NL via PM, I agree that we should keep them on the list.
Aug 29, 2014 4:34 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
janree said:
SheyCroix said:
Are you referring to the inactive user list? Or just generally checking for inactive users as we deliver NLs?

I'm referring to the inactive list

janree said:
SheyCroix said:
Is this for when we remove them from the NL list, be it for being an inactive user or for disabling commenting (thus then message must be sent via PM)?

For when they are removed either to inactive list or permanently

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 29, 2014 5:31 PM
Dec 2011
@Ose Yah, that's fair. :)

@SheyCroix Hmm.. then should we still have an inactive list at all? Or just remove them once we see they've been gone for 6+ months and then just comment them they've been removed from the NL list and they can let us know if they return and want to be delivered the NL again?
Aug 29, 2014 9:21 PM

Jan 2012
Ok I delivered my portion of the NLs ^_^
Aug 31, 2014 6:00 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I guess we could keep the inactive list for user with a year or less off.
But once removed be it inactive or permanently we send the message... or isn't a good idea?

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 31, 2014 11:07 AM
Dec 2011
Oh so both when we move them to the inactive list and when we permanently take them off the list at the 1yr mark, we comment them?
(and if comment disabled, then PM. and if PM no good either, then nothing)
Aug 31, 2014 1:30 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
it should be alright like that

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Sep 1, 2014 12:47 PM

Aug 2009
Sep 1, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
I'm sort of back >.< Kind of....maybe....I'll try to kelp (help....)
Sep 6, 2014 5:01 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
someone needs to edit the front page - the banner section
the code for each banner isn't showing

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Sep 23, 2014 12:12 PM

Sep 2008
I can delivery them :)
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Sep 23, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2009
@Shey: Thanks for telling us. I tried fixing that, but for some reason only one of them showed up corrected.

There might be an extra [url= or something somewhere in the club details, so I'll go over it and try to figure it out.
Sep 23, 2014 12:48 PM

Jul 2013
I can deliver
Sep 23, 2014 5:25 PM
Dec 2011
I'm good for deliveries this month as well!
Sep 24, 2014 6:41 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I can deliver

Ose_93 said:
@Shey: Thanks for telling us. I tried fixing that, but for some reason only one of them showed up corrected.

There might be an extra [url= or something somewhere in the club details, so I'll go over it and try to figure it out.
It seems that's the reason... I could check that myself but I don't have the privileges to do so....

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (44) « First ... « 39 40 [41] 42 43 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» *Birthday Calendar* ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kannei - Apr 30, 2010

937 by bajkugof »»
May 23, 2023 7:51 AM

Sticky: » Suggestions / complaints

pupsia - Nov 22, 2009

19 by T-O-B-Y »»
Apr 20, 2023 11:56 AM

Sticky: » * Newsletter Subscription * ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rukia_23 - Jun 6, 2011

270 by whistle_of_wish »»
Apr 30, 2022 3:01 PM

Sticky: » [OPEN] The Official Member Badge Thread ( 1 2 )

Ose_93 - Dec 16, 2013

60 by MOoMOoMeadows_18 »»
Mar 16, 2021 10:45 AM

» [Game] Yaoi Name ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kannei - Dec 22, 2009

880 by Suzune_ »»
Feb 8, 2021 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.