Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 10, 2013 5:55 AM
Jul 2013
EarlCiel said:
Xinception said:
"Dear Anime watchers who hate Mikasa,
Please stop the hype on Levi, for the upcoming episodes will slap you in the face and make you change your view about Mikasa, hell you might even ship her and Eren afterwards.

Sincerely,
Manga reader."

This message to anime watchers...is not very accurate. If anything, they'll ship Levi and Eren even harder if you know what I mean.
"Ohh Mikasa's so strong, she's unstoppable and she'll alwayyys be able to protect Eren"
"Ohh if Mikasa went against Levi she'd win without a problem"

Yupp- I think not. If anything, I think Levi fans would be even more angry at Mikasa if you know what I'm talking about.

Sincerely,
A manga reader who actually knows what she's reading

Lesson learned.
Aug 25, 2013 9:40 AM
Aug 2013
Actually..
I love Eren. Not only i like him, he is my absolute favorite character from the manga. And I must say here, before you start judging me - I hate typical hotblooded protagonists who only scream.
Why do I exactly like him? I don't really know myself. Maybe because he's not stereotypical at all, people? Because for most of you the fact that he's bent so hard on something makes him typical. But fuck no, he is an absolutely wicked character. His desire to kill them all, his hate for lazy-ass people, lack of mercy for these who he hates - it ain't typical at all. I like his burning passion, I like the fact that as a kid he murdered these men. Because it all shows that he never was a normal kid. Plus Eren doesn't have the annoying "i befriend everybody lololol" quality.

Oh, by the way, I like Mikasa too.
Aug 25, 2013 1:23 PM

Apr 2009
eren is my fave character i sorta find min and mikasa annoying
Aug 25, 2013 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
I hardly understand how can someone say a barking dog is better at guarding than one that bites.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 25, 2013 2:23 PM

Jul 2010
For me, there were both situations where I disliked Eren and Mikasa, and then situations where I did like them. I mean as of now, I like them both. I can see why people would like one and dislike the other since they're both complete opposites. Eren is a furious character that hasn't shown that much skill in combat to back it up, while Mikasa is a mostly silent character but has a skill and brutality that somewhat contradicts her silent nature.
Even with their flaws, I still find them more likable than that overrated ass known as Levi....I just put a Titan sized "hit me" sign on me didn't I?
Aug 25, 2013 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
SadTreeButler said:
For me, there were both situations where I disliked Eren and Mikasa, and then situations where I did like them. I mean as of now, I like them both. I can see why people would like one and dislike the other since they're both complete opposites. Eren is a furious character that hasn't shown that much skill in combat to back it up, while Mikasa is a mostly silent character but has a skill and brutality that somewhat contradicts her silent nature.
Even with their flaws, I still find them more likable than that overrated ass known as Levi....I just put a Titan sized "hit me" sign on me didn't I?

Nope , it says "I'm ticklish , Tickle me!" .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 25, 2013 2:35 PM

Mar 2011
SadTreeButler said:
Yup, my money's on EarlCiel raging at you.
Aug 25, 2013 2:39 PM

Jul 2010
FluffyFlesh said:
SadTreeButler said:

Nope , it says "I'm ticklish , Tickle me!" .

.....Well I do enjoy a good tickling every now and then.

Edefrem said:
SadTreeButler said:
Yup, my money's on EarlCiel raging at you.

I'd best get the bucket helmet then, this won't end well.
MachoGooseAug 25, 2013 4:07 PM
Aug 25, 2013 3:04 PM

Apr 2012
Opinions, personal opinions as if they were the absolute truth everywhere. Anyway, here's mine:

Well, I think that Isayama is doing a good job about the character developing, making every character unique, with their distinct qualities and flaws. I like them all, but of course I have my faves.
But yeah, it's not everyone who thinks like that and I have to agree that there's really a lot of Mikasa haters, but I didn't see many Erenfags though... Anyway, as I said in another thread, I think that if Mikasa was a male character, certainly she wouldn't have so many hate among her~ And she wouldn't be treatened by the majority of the fandom just as a creepy stalker and boring/robot character who just cares about Eren, because as a male character, "his" personality and "his" devotion to Eren would make "him" the most popular character! And "his" abs would no longer be judged as "disgusting", but as appealing. Gender switching surely changes everything and, um, this really bothers me...
Aug 25, 2013 4:07 PM

Aug 2013
teravixen said:
Opinions, personal opinions as if they were the absolute truth everywhere. Anyway, here's mine:

Well, I think that Isayama is doing a good job about the character developing, making every character unique, with their distinct qualities and flaws. I like them all, but of course I have my faves.
But yeah, it's not everyone who thinks like that and I have to agree that there's really a lot of Mikasa haters, but I didn't see many Erenfags though... Anyway, as I said in another thread, I think that if Mikasa was a male character, certainly she wouldn't have so many hate among her~ And she wouldn't be treatened by the majority of the fandom just as a creepy stalker and boring/robot character who just cares about Eren, because as a male character, "his" personality and "his" devotion to Eren would make "him" the most popular character! And "his" abs would no longer be judged as "disgusting", but as appealing. Gender switching surely changes everything and, um, this really bothers me...

Ummm if Mikasa was male and Eren was female, the obsession would be seen as much more creepy. The abs situation is understandable, on average males carry much less bodyfat and more lean muscle due to the effects of testosterone, and muscular definition is a sign of a healthy masculine male, which is why it is seen as appealing. In fact I believe hate for Mikasa's character has nothing to do with her gender at all, but all to do with her obsession with Eren.
Eren isn't liked because he is a male, it is because he is the main character with the strong will, if Mikasa and Eren's genders were switched I doubt it would make much more of a difference, except the obsession might seem a little more creepy.
Gender differences do exist and instead of hushing them and trying to ignore them, we should notice and celebrate them. Men and women are not meant to compete with eachother, but to compliment each other.
Aug 25, 2013 4:36 PM

Apr 2012
MikasaxEren said:

Ummm if Mikasa was male and Eren was female, the obsession would be seen as much more creepy. The abs situation is understandable, on average males carry much less bodyfat and more lean muscle due to the effects of testosterone, and muscular definition is a sign of a healthy masculine male, which is why it is seen as appealing. In fact I believe hate for Mikasa's character has nothing to do with her gender at all, but all to do with her obsession with Eren.
Eren isn't liked because he is a male, it is because he is the main character with the strong will, if Mikasa and Eren's genders were switched I doubt it would make much more of a difference, except the obsession might seem a little more creepy.
Gender differences do exist and instead of hushing them and trying to ignore them, we should notice and celebrate them. Men and women are not meant to compete with eachother, but to compliment each other.

I agree that it would really be creepier, but I don't think that the fandom would find that obsession of a male Mikasa towards a female Eren creepy too. Primarily because that wouldn't be seen as obsession, but protection, so Eren would be like Mikasa's damsel in distress and, well, this is a very well accepted trope...
Anyway, I was using the gender bend thing to explain the hate on Mikasa. I don't know how the fandom would react to a female Eren tho

And your last phrase was really unnecessary. Men and women are just people, they don't have to compliment each other (and following your reasoning, so a same-sex couple wouldn't compliment each other? ...well, ok then). Gender differences exist mainly because of the patriarchal society, so we have to consider that we live in a society like that, because this TOTALLY implies at men/women representation in media.
verdededeAug 25, 2013 4:57 PM
Aug 25, 2013 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
teravixen said:
MikasaxEren said:

I don't think that the fandom would find the obsession of male Mikasa towards female Eren creepy, primarily because that wouldn't be seen as obsession, but protection, so Eren would be like Mikasa's damsel in distress and, well, this is a very well accepted trope...
Anyway, I was using the gender bend thing to explain the hate on Mikasa. I don't know how the fandom would react to a female Eren tho

And your last phrase was really unnecessary. Men and women are just people, they don't have to compliment each other (so a same-sex couple wouldn't compliment each other? ok then). And we have to consider that we live in a patriarchal society, and this TOTALLY implies at men/women representation in media.

Are we really going to let this play out here? The "patriarchy" oh brother..... That same male privallge that is the reason that 95% of workplace deaths are men, 99% of combat deaths are men and 9/10 suicides are men, such a patriarchal and male friendly society we live in.

And stop living in a dream world, men and women are different it doesn't matter if you don't like it. As a man I am taller and stronger than the majority of females, or does this difference not exist? Also note I am not saying I am better, just different.

Media representation? The same media that always represents the husband as a blundering idiot whilst his wife always ridicules him?

I never mentioned same sex couples, sort of a straw man arguement but I will bite. People compliment eachother obviously but as a whole men and women compliment eachother, after all you need a man and a women to create a child for example.

We live in a society where manhood is now looked down upon, I have a friend who was in prison for 5 years due to false rape charges, the women who accused him admitted he was innocent and he was released, but she didn't get punished at all, there goes that lovely male privallge of living in a "patriarchal" society again.

Or if you want to argue some more, men get longer and harsher sentences for similar crimes, women are more likey to abuse children yet men get the social stigma attached to them.

In fact the biggest victims of rape are men, thousands of men are raped in prisons everyday but it is seen as funny "hahaha don't drop the soap hahaha" but what is so funny about rape?

Mind you this fits the general attitude towards the male body in today's society, on that show with Sharon osbourne, forgot it's name the female host were laughing about a man who had his genitals cut off "lets be honest be probably deserved it, giggle giggle" how does anybody deserve that? If a woman had one of her breasts removed by her male partner, it would be country wide news and he would be demonised as the second coming of satan.

But the most obvious example of how the male body is not respected is with he most common operation n the Unitsd states: Male circumcision
The female equivalent (removing the exact same parts, not that truly horrendous stuff that is performed sometimes) is totally illegal, but the male version is seen as a "choice" for parents to make, and some people even joke about circumcision even though male babies die every year from the operation, but that's their male privilege right? From living in a male dominated "patriarchal" society.
Not saying there are no problems that women face in our world, but the term "patriarchal" for our society is flat out wrong.
Rant over.

On topic I enjoy both the characters, Mikasa's fortitude and physical strength, and Erens spirit and idealism fit well together.
Aug 25, 2013 5:00 PM

Mar 2012
Monad said:
So after 6 episodes of Attack on titan/Shingeki no Kyojin I'm seeing that people are calling Mikasa, "the model", just a waifu with lipstick, cold, too perfect, selfish and annoying.

In anime we've seen characters like this before. However, I'm only used to these complaints when it comes to characters that go overboard and isn't really justified for acting that way. In this show, Mikasa is definitely justified for her cold blooded behavior. She saw her mother and a bunch of people around her get murder. It's reasonable that something will break inside her. She wants to fight and protect Eren. At least she's not one of those " reluctant whiny, damsel in distress " heroes. She's trying

Eren is liked because he's the typical super morally strong shounen guy archetype. Nothing too special at the moment. Not saying he won't develop but from the main characters Mikasa has the most potential to be the multidimensional character especially if and/or when she undergoes character development. I have no doubt she will become more mature and humane.

What's with the extreme bias?

I didn't read the manga by the way. ( i plan to at some point )

The problem is we are at episode 20 where the hell is the development?
Aug 25, 2013 5:38 PM

Apr 2012
MikasaxEren said:
Are we really going to let this play out here? The "patriarchy" oh brother..... That same male privallge that is the reason that 95% of workplace deaths are men, 99% of combat deaths are men and 9/10 suicides are men, such a patriarchal and male friendly society we live in.

Oh, the male tears.
Just understand that privilege doesn't means a perfect life. And where did you found these estatistics?
About suicide:
http://suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html
"More females attempt suicide than males.
(3 female attempts for each male attempt.)
[...]
Note the significant difference in the rates between males and females – there are about 4 male deaths by suicide for each female death by suicide. But keep in mind that there are about 3 female attempts for every male attempt."

About war: ok, men can die more than women at wars, but women are those who suffer more with wars than men does. Also, rape is considered as an war weapon too - and the women at military aren't a exception for that.

MikasaxEren said:
And stop living in a dream world, men and women are different it doesn't matter if you don't like it. As a man I am taller and stronger than the majority of females, or does this difference not exist? Also note I am not saying I am better, just different.

Oh boy, this biological differences talk isn't even a valid argument at a discussion like this...

MikasaxEren said:
Media representation? The same media that always represents the husband as a blundering idiot whilst his wife always ridicules him?

The male tears again. You should go watch videos from the Feminist Frequency channel about tropes vs. women. You'll see that it's the same media that always represent the female characters as fragile, submissive, dumb, clumsy and, of course, as objetcs.

MikasaxEren said:
I never mentioned same sex couples, sort of a straw man arguement but I will bite. People compliment eachother obviously but as a whole men and women compliment eachother, after all you need a man and a women to create a child for example.

We live in a society where manhood is now looked down upon, I have a friend who was in prison for 5 years due to false rape charges, the women who accused him admitted he was innocent and he was released, but she didn't get punished at all, there goes that lovely male privallge of living in a "patriarchal" society again.

Let me see if I've got it. So... you're picking an EXCEPTIONAL case to argue that the patriarchy doesn't exists? I'm sorry for your friend if he was really innocent, but I have to say that the false rape accusations are exceptions. There's a lot of FALSE cases of false rape accusations, a lot of women who are forced to drop the charges because of the backlash.

MikasaxEren said:
Or if you want to argue some more, men get longer and harsher sentences for similar crimes, women are more likey to abuse children yet men get the social stigma attached to them.

OMG WTF ARE YOU SAYING? SO WOMEN ABUSES MORE CHILDREN THAN MEN DOES? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? WTF DUDE
And yeah, I know about the longer and harsher sentences towards men, but that's my point: where's the equality?

MikasaxEren said:
In fact the biggest victims of rape are men, thousands of men are raped in prisons everyday but it is seen as funny "hahaha don't drop the soap hahaha" but what is so funny about rape?

Mind you this fits the general attitude towards the male body in today's society, on that show with Sharon osbourne, forgot it's name the female host were laughing about a man who had his genitals cut off "lets be honest be probably deserved it, giggle giggle" how does anybody deserve that? If a woman had one of her breasts removed by her male partner, it would be country wide news and he would be demonised as the second coming of satan.

But the most obvious example of how the male body is not respected is with he most common operation n the Unitsd states: Male circumcision
The female equivalent (removing the exact same parts, not that truly horrendous stuff that is performed sometimes) is totally illegal, but the male version is seen as a "choice" for parents to make, and some people even joke about circumcision even though male babies die every year from the operation, but that's their male privilege right? From living in a male dominated "patriarchal" society.
Not saying there are no problems that women face in our world, but the term "patriarchal" for our society is flat out wrong.
Rant over.

.......................................................................... ok, I'm done. I just can't take you seriously anymore. Are you a men's rights activist?

MikasaxEren said:
On topic I enjoy both the characters, Mikasa's fortitude and physical strength, and Erens spirit and idealism fit well together.

Well, I agree with that.
Let's go back to the topic and not discuss about this anymore, please.
Aug 25, 2013 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
Etyo said:
Monad said:
So after 6 episodes of Attack on titan/Shingeki no Kyojin I'm seeing that people are calling Mikasa, "the model", just a waifu with lipstick, cold, too perfect, selfish and annoying.

In anime we've seen characters like this before. However, I'm only used to these complaints when it comes to characters that go overboard and isn't really justified for acting that way. In this show, Mikasa is definitely justified for her cold blooded behavior. She saw her mother and a bunch of people around her get murder. It's reasonable that something will break inside her. She wants to fight and protect Eren. At least she's not one of those " reluctant whiny, damsel in distress " heroes. She's trying

Eren is liked because he's the typical super morally strong shounen guy archetype. Nothing too special at the moment. Not saying he won't develop but from the main characters Mikasa has the most potential to be the multidimensional character especially if and/or when she undergoes character development. I have no doubt she will become more mature and humane.

What's with the extreme bias?

I didn't read the manga by the way. ( i plan to at some point )

The problem is we are at episode 20 where the hell is the development?

Develoment was given to other characters, like Jean or Armin. Let everyone else shine for now, she's had her spotlight.

I think there are too many crazy events happening for everyone to actually develop properly. Even in the manga, there's still too much crazy shit happening, so any development is going to be brief.

Personally, I hope everything settles down a bit to give our cast a moment to develop more. When it settles down that is.

IMO, Don't watch this show for the characters, you'll only be in for disappointment.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 25, 2013 6:05 PM

Aug 2013
teravixen said:
MikasaxEren said:

Oh, the male tears.
Just understand that privilege doesn't means a perfect life. And where did you found these estatistics?
About suicide:
http://suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html
"More females attempt suicide than males.
(3 female attempts for each male attempt.)
[...]
Note the significant difference in the rates between males and females – there are about 4 male deaths by suicide for each female death by suicide. But keep in mind that there are about 3 female attempts for every male attempt."

About war: ok, men can die more than women at wars, but women are those who suffer more with wars than men does. Also, rape is considered as an war weapon too - and the women at military aren't a exception for that.

MikasaxEren said:

Oh boy, this biological differences talk isn't even a valid argument at a discussion like this...

MikasaxEren said:

The male tears again. You should go watch videos from the Feminist Frequency channel about tropes vs. women. You'll see that it's the same media that always represent the female characters as fragile, submissive, dumb, clumsy and, of course, as objetcs.

MikasaxEren said:

Let me see if I've got it. So... you're picking an EXCEPTIONAL case to argue that the patriarchy doesn't exists? I'm sorry for your friend if he was really innocent, but I have to say that the false rape accusations are exceptions. There's a lot of FALSE cases of false rape accusations, a lot of women who are forced to drop the charges because of the backlash.

MikasaxEren said:

OMG WTF ARE YOU SAYING? SO WOMEN ABUSES MORE CHILDREN THAN MEN DOES? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? WTF DUDE
And yeah, I know about the longer and harsher sentences towards men, but that's my point: where's the equality?

MikasaxEren said:

Rant over.

.......................................................................... ok, I'm done. I just can't take you seriously anymore. Are you a men's rights activist?

MikasaxEren said:

Well, I agree with that.
Let's go back to the topic and not discuss about this anymore, please.

typical feminist, because I believe in men's right I can be taken seriously? How about you attack my points on how the male body is treated today instead of attacking me personally?
Yes it is true that more women attempt suicide, but more men are successful.

Please women are worse victims of war? How can anything be worse than dying, suffering severe injuries, watching your friends be killed around you, yeah those women sure had it hard the feminist tears.
I am sorry to carry this discussion on but my jimmies are severely rustled that you could even contemplate that the mutilation of thousands of male babies private parts is not to be taken seriously, some of these babies die or have these parts so damaged they can never be used again ( although circumcision always causes damage).

I can understand some feminist issues I really can, but to deny that men do not have just as many issues in today's society is naive and blind. About my friend who was locked up for 5 years, does it matter if the case was exceptional? His life is forever ruined now, 5 years he can never get back.

On objectification, men are also victims of this, I am an example of this happening. I work out, go to the gym and stay in shape (I am an amateur bodybuilder). I constantly have women compliment me on my arms and shoulders, and in clubs are sometimes groped (this is not bragging, I have nothing to gain from this). In fact the pressure on men to be in good physical shape is increasing all the time, I in fact started going to the gym due to my own insecurities, but have since found inner strength (I keep going because it is a healthy activity). To be fair I am partly to blame for this, I wear tighter fitting shirts or tops that are sleeveless, but could'nt the same case be said for women? If you don't want me to stare at your breasts, don't show tonnes of cleavege that pushes them right up in my face, or don't wear shorts so short you might as well not be wearing any? It is like complaining if you got robbed in a well known rough area whilst carrying an open briefcase filled with a million dollars.

Note I am not saying that it should happen, but we are all people and if people are showing it off, we will look.
Aug 25, 2013 7:52 PM

Aug 2013
Men are more successful with suicides because women don't have the BALLS to do it.

See what I did there? Guys? Did you see?
Aug 25, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
I think Mikasa is more popular then Eren even though I love both. I don't find Eren annoying he's pretty strong. Mikasa is calm and strong as well, so I don't hate any of them. Actually this anime is probably one of the only anime's where I don't hate any characters..even though some of them are evil... not naming them.
Aug 26, 2013 3:02 PM
Jan 2013
first i must apologize because it was all personal and hardcore subjective.
alright...
i fuckin' hate mikasa. why is that i wonder?
here:

1. Because she reminds me of kurokami medaka, being too perfect and flawless. again, she's acting cool and arrogant, trying to act for someones good but actually didn't care at all, abnormal genius prodigy who can kick anyone who stand in her way, inhumanly indestructable.(was that enough or you need even more?) for refference try reading medaka box, then go back here. if you still be able to like her, i admit i am the one being stupidly unreasonable.

2. I agree to the people who says that her character didn't developing at all even in the manga. i don't wanna spoil it any further...

3. I didn't understand her reasoning to some degree, like in episode 11, did anyone notice the reason eren's titan form attacking mikasa was because she's pissing him off 5 minute before he transform. it was obviously mikasa was more intelegent than eren so she probably should have know about priorities and time. the fact that revealed in ep 19 that eren must have clear motivation to shifting form. another case, when she found out that eren was dead, i thought that she would devastatedly gone stupid and depressed, but NOOOO! WTF? congratulations then, now i thought she's in love with eren to the point that she can't live hithout him, but NOOO! it's not that! i thought she would losing his reason like when her parent killed by slave trader, BUT NO! she stand up, and deciding to MOVE ON.... by that i didn't see any reason why her clingy attitude to eren neccesary to the plot...

4. because the titan goes mindless and act like some silicone love doll when she's around. can you believe that shit? when eren and his team goes kamikaze and dead on ep 5, the titan suddenly became intelegent being able to calculate the velocity and the time when exactly eren would arrive right ahead of him just to bit his leg off. i know it's the plot and any other string they called destiny in litterature. but it was suck when you can get explanation about titan and environmental issue in SnK but lack details about technical action issue they could do amazingly for example the expedition's formation, the flare tactics, the tactics for surpressing abnormal titans and many more...

note that i don't mind for her personality at all. i can see why she's overlyprotective towards eren in some events. i mean, eren was like a prince in white horse for her, but again when i thought mikasa is "this" then she's doing "that" pretty contradictive for me...
i'm not saying she's complex emotionally...

as for levi it was the same, i hate him because

1. Annoying as FUCK, his concept is figuratively speaking "lol i'm humanities strongest weapon, i am the personification of bravery and strength, i will not make mistake because for me was the humanities stongest weapon on meth, so i don't fear anything, i can do anything, i didn't fear titan at all, when i glare at titan, they would frozen or suddenly act like limp dicked netorare main character."

2. God Damn Flawless Mother Fucker. in ep 20 he's slaying 2 titans in 5 second while spinning like beyblades and still goes for slaying more. can you believe that shit?!

well at least he was eccentric and wise in some ways so i can hold it.

and armijn, god damn armijn was fuckin IMORTAL! he's fucking ugly even titan didn't want to eat him. you know the santa claus that devour eren, why did you think he didn't swalow armijn? even titan was smart enough to taste something wrong, so the santa claus prefer eren than armijn then leave him alive alone. still doubt? female titan didn't kill him! why? because he is dangerously ugly... anyway i never said i hate armijn...

as for Eren Jaeger, he was the alright MC. why? because the plot is fit and really, his development was logical. it's like seeing gengis khan growing his anger and rage toward titans and trying to save humanity and trying to prove he is the titans worst enemy they can get.

and for the last, i apologize for my grammar...
my english sucks
Aug 26, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2012
Eren should sacrifice his life for the series.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 26, 2013 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
When you start of the anime a good chunk of people agree that Eren is annoying. Most who don' do it from bias because they like his looks. Yeah when you start of the anime Mikasa is probably the most likable because clear minded,tries to think things true and she doesn't bitch and thankfully stops eren from bitching. I don't see how people say she is obsessed with Eren. She cares for the guy that saved her life and is family to him, wouldn't you be a bit emotionally attached in the same position.
Aug 26, 2013 4:01 PM

Aug 2013
opiktea said:
alright...
here:

my english sucks

1.lol at the fact you think her personality is an act
2.r u serious, I swear out of all the characters people know more about Mikasa and why she is the way she is and chooses to protect Eren, her family past,ethnicity,etc,etc more than any other character.
3. UMMMMMMM ep 11 is where Eren saved Mikasa and Armins lives and he was running talking to Rico. When He turned into a titan he was using his gear -.-
4.what does this have anything to do with Mikasa? Titans can sense humans the titan sensed Eren and tried to eat him while he got the chance but only got his leg. You don't need much logic for that. If that never happened, the plot would have never have moved on.

If you're going to hate a character at least use valid reasons
Aug 26, 2013 10:35 PM
Jan 2013
skittle316 said:
opiktea said:
alright...
here:

my english sucks

2.r u serious, I swear out of all the characters people know more about Mikasa and why she is the way she is and chooses to protect Eren, her family past,ethnicity,etc,etc more than any other character.
3. UMMMMMMM ep 11 is where Eren saved Mikasa and Armins lives and he was running talking to Rico. When He turned into a titan he was using his gear -.-
4.what does this have anything to do with Mikasa? Titans can sense humans the titan sensed Eren and tried to eat him while he got the chance but only got his leg. You don't need much logic for that. If that never happened, the plot would have never have moved on.

lol sure, thanks to you i realize my english real suck..
because you disagree...
anyway let's see...

1. i really hate her ..!! but i do hope i can like her. yes it was personal... and no helping it..!!

2. so what is your point? did she change? did knowing eren died make her more protectively stupid? yes! what again? what did you know again about her? Nothing! ask the manga reader same question what the answer would be? it was freaking same... if you know, that's not character development, but rather character exposition... i would say jean developing more than any other character in SnK, just figure it out yourself...

3. LOL.. re-watch episode 11 and imagine if you are eren, after died, suddenly everyone want you to do a shit, and your sister annoyingly pampering you just to be mocked by your senior cadet you called rico and his friend the galses girl..."When He turned into a titan he was using his gear -.-" what this have anything to do with his berserk? in episode 5 eren also swallowed waering his gear?

4. LOL are you kidding me? that is the point! why mikasa? that is the question! why that rubber doll titan act stereotipically STUPID. like when they ambushed by titan in main storage building the titan responded to movement and human presence, but not in front of mikasa we should say never! "you don't need much more logic for that." LOL you're kidding right? how about we send mikasa and levi go to outer wall with bunch of gas suply, what is the outcome? predicable right? they prevail! then why humanity didn't do that? see? logic isn't really important! it gives you more twisting plot and that is why we call it fantasy because it require mimesis.

what we call it again? HATRED!
still invalid?
Aug 27, 2013 5:04 AM

Apr 2008
opiktea said:
skittle316 said:
opiktea said:
alright...
here:

my english sucks

lol sure, thanks to you i realize my english real suck..
because you disagree...
anyway let's see...

1. i really hate her ..!! but i do hope i can like her. yes it was personal... and no helping it..!!

2. so what is your point? did she change? did knowing eren died make her more protectively stupid? yes! what again? what did you know again about her? Nothing! ask the manga reader same question what the answer would be? it was freaking same... if you know, that's not character development, but rather character exposition... i would say jean developing more than any other character in SnK, just figure it out yourself...

3. LOL.. re-watch episode 11 and imagine if you are eren, after died, suddenly everyone want you to do a shit, and your sister annoyingly pampering you just to be mocked by your senior cadet you called rico and his friend the galses girl..."When He turned into a titan he was using his gear -.-" what this have anything to do with his berserk? in episode 5 eren also swallowed waering his gear?

4. LOL are you kidding me? that is the point! why mikasa? that is the question! why that rubber doll titan act stereotipically STUPID. like when they ambushed by titan in main storage building the titan responded to movement and human presence, but not in front of mikasa we should say never! "you don't need much more logic for that." LOL you're kidding right? how about we send mikasa and levi go to outer wall with bunch of gas suply, what is the outcome? predicable right? they prevail! then why humanity didn't do that? see? logic isn't really important! it gives you more twisting plot and that is why we call it fantasy because it require mimesis.

what we call it again? HATRED!
still invalid?

Eren was not in control of the titan. He was in cozy lala land. Are you that retarded to not realize that?
Aug 27, 2013 5:42 AM

Apr 2013
This thread should be renamed to "The clash of THE fans!".
Seriously?
I bet if someone makes a thread "Red Ferrari seems more popular than the Black one" the same guys or the same discussions would have been held....like "The red one is soooooo intense and soooooo hot! the black one is for emos!" .
Aug 27, 2013 8:33 AM
Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:

Eren was not in control of the titan. He was in cozy lala land. Are you that retarded to not realize that?

okay genius, did i ever said eren was in control? NO HE IS NOT! when you look back, eren need strong aim in mind to be able shapeshift into titan. now we look back again. eren can't control his power yet!
now if you observe again, in the manga itself it is implied by chapter 14 titled "primodial desire" but in anime it is changed into "basic need".
now look back again in episode 6 eren didn't attack mikasa AT ALL! why? because he has a goal to exterminate the titan who eat up his squad! and then later explained that in ep 7 he can shapeshift into titan with that desire. while in episode 11 his mind was clouded by some piss of mikasa has caused.

Conclusion is

what happened in ep 11 is that eren was unconsciously has a desire to smites mikasa to SHUT THE FUCK UP. maybe just to show her he was alright and need no any care that time!
Aug 27, 2013 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
Mikasa wants to pay him back for what he did for her .
He risked his life for her , he taught her to fight back and his family offered a new beginning .
In return , add the fear of losing the loved ones , she wants to do the same for the one that has been always there for her .
She exaggerates by babysitting him out of fear of losing him . She became so fearful and skilled out of desire to protect him .
I thought thats obvious to you .
Aug 27, 2013 8:56 AM

Jun 2008
FluffyFlesh said:
Seriously?
I bet if someone makes a thread "Red Ferrari seems more popular than the Black one" the same guys or the same discussions would have been held....like "The red one is soooooo intense and soooooo hot! the black one is for emos!" .

The fun is bigger if you read this.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=589467
This thread was nothing but a parody in a way to mock something similar of what you say. Yet everyone got completely into it.
Aug 27, 2013 8:56 AM
Jan 2013
FluffyFlesh said:
Mikasa wants to pay him back for what he did for her .
He risked his life for her , he taught her to fight back and his family offered a new beginning .
In return , add the fear of losing the loved ones , she wants to do the same for the one that has been always there for her .
She exaggerates by babysitting him out of fear of losing him . She became so fearful and skilled out of desire to protect him .
I thought thats obvious to you .

sure, but don't you think that's annoying?
i mean have you ever thought how eren feels being treated like that?
and according to character guide, mikasa was more intelegent than eren, so she should have known that was displeasing! so why she did that? because she was simply want to and be able to!
Aug 27, 2013 9:01 AM

Apr 2013
Monad said:
FluffyFlesh said:
Seriously?

The fun is bigger if you read this.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=589467
This thread was nothing but a parody in a way to mock something similar of what you say. Yet everyone got completely into it.

Well , alot of threads like this one were created lately ..... some people abuse the fact that they can create threads......
Aug 27, 2013 10:31 AM

Mar 2010
Love me or hate me, it's still an obsession.
Love me or hate me, that is the question.
If you love me then thank you!
If you hate me then fuck you! ... i have an earworm from this topic. -_-

People have too much time on their hands to think about stupid stuff.

I like them both :3
Aug 27, 2013 12:44 PM

Apr 2008
opiktea said:
Darklight0303 said:

okay genius, did i ever said eren was in control? NO HE IS NOT! when you look back, eren need strong aim in mind to be able shapeshift into titan. now we look back again. eren can't control his power yet!
now if you observe again, in the manga itself it is implied by chapter 14 titled "primodial desire" but in anime it is changed into "basic need".
now look back again in episode 6 eren didn't attack mikasa AT ALL! why? because he has a goal to exterminate the titan who eat up his squad! and then later explained that in ep 7 he can shapeshift into titan with that desire. while in episode 11 his mind was clouded by some piss of mikasa has caused.

Conclusion is

what happened in ep 11 is that eren was unconsciously has a desire to smites mikasa to SHUT THE FUCK UP. maybe just to show her he was alright and need no any care that time!

You implied the reason he attacked Mikasa was cause she pissed him off. That's suggesting he was in control to begin with.
Aug 27, 2013 4:28 PM
Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
opiktea said:
Darklight0303 said:

Conclusion is

You implied the reason he attacked Mikasa was cause she pissed him off. That's suggesting he was in control to begin with.

Did you even read my comment?
i think i already said that in episode 6 he is ignoring mikasa like some shit! did you ever ask why? because he has only one goal unconsciously! now in EPISODE 11 while pissed off, he unconsciously has another desire other than lifting heavy boulder!
why unconsciously? because he can't control his power yet!
Aug 27, 2013 5:40 PM
Jul 2013
opiktea said:
Darklight0303 said:
opiktea said:
Darklight0303 said:

Conclusion is

i think i already said that in episode 6 he is ignoring mikasa like some shit! did you ever ask why? because he has only one goal unconsciously! now in EPISODE 11 while pissed off, he unconsciously has another desire other than lifting heavy boulder!

*activates Phoenix Wright mode*

"OB-FUCKING-JECTION"

Episode 6: "Eren ignoring Mikasa like shit"

Reason: because Eren doesn't want Mikasa to always babysit him... (this nigger is stupid, he has a hot babe babysitting him and he's complaining? Damn foo.)

Episode 11: Eren in cozy cozy land, couldn't control Titan. => Basic Titan instinct equates to punching anything in sight.

If Eren wants to decimate Mikasa, explains Episode 14. Why the fuck would he go all out to defend Mikasa then?

*activates Conan Edogawa mode*

"Case. Fucking. Closed."
Aug 27, 2013 5:45 PM

Aug 2013
Xinception said:
opiktea said:
Darklight0303 said:
opiktea said:
Darklight0303 said:

Conclusion is

"OB-FUCKING-JECTION"

Reason: because Eren doesn't want Mikasa to always babysit him... (this nigger is stupid, he has a hot babe babysitting him and he's complaining? Damn foo.)

Episode 11: Eren in cozy cozy land, couldn't control Titan. => Basic Titan instinct equates to punching anything in sight.

If Eren wants to decimate Mikasa, explains Episode 14. Why the fuck would he go all out to defend Mikasa then?

"Case. Fucking. Closed."

Boom goes the dynamite
He also mentions in one of the newer episodes that he must "control" the titan, as if it has a mind of its own that he has to battle.
Aug 27, 2013 5:58 PM

Mar 2011
opiktea said:

-I never underestood people who called Mikasa perfect. They bitch about oh "She's too strong and cool" when there are other obvious (and faulty) parts to her personality.
-She had some development in Trost, and fyi, there are a lot of characters who've shown no development either. Shit's been hitting the fan in the manga recently, so just be patient, she'll have her time.
-"did anyone notice the reason eren's titan form attacking mikasa was because she's pissing him off 5 minute before he transform "
This is either a joke, you trying to say something else, or you're very wrong.
-You're upset because she decided not die in vain? Jajaja, you're a bit of a shit. (Just a bit)
-Levi is 2 cool 4 u (though I admit, a bit overrated)
-Your claim about Armin is retarded. You should feel all sorts of bad for thinking that was okay.

And I'm done.
Idk, but i get the feeling you're gonna come after me.
*aggressively rips of shirt*
come @ me bro
Aug 27, 2013 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
Edefrem said:
opiktea said:

-I never underestood people who called Mikasa perfect. They bitch about oh "She's too strong and cool" when there are other obvious (and faulty) parts to her personality.
-She had some development in Trost, and fyi, there are a lot of characters who've shown no development either. Shit's been hitting the fan in the manga recently, so just be patient, she'll have her time.
-"did anyone notice the reason eren's titan form attacking mikasa was because she's pissing him off 5 minute before he transform "
-You're upset because she decided not die in vain? Jajaja, you're a bit of a shit. (Just a bit)
-Your claim about Armin is retarded. You should feel all sorts of bad for thinking that was okay.

And I'm done.
come @ me bro

I thought you were a girl, doesn't that just expose your boobs?
Aug 27, 2013 6:51 PM

Mar 2011
ErenxMikasa said:
I'm going to keep my bra on of course.
Aug 27, 2013 6:52 PM

Aug 2013
Edefrem said:
ErenxMikasa said:

I think I'd forget what I was coming @ you for if you did that.
Aug 27, 2013 7:02 PM

Mar 2011
ErenxMikasa said:
Edefrem said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Shhh, that's the trick to it.
Aug 27, 2013 9:05 PM

Aug 2013
Edefrem said:
ErenxMikasa said:
Edefrem said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Shhh, that's the trick to it.

It would work better if you didn't keep your bra on
Aug 28, 2013 2:07 AM
Jan 2013
Xinception said:

"OB-FUCKING-JECTION"

"Case. Fucking. Closed."

sure, i agree he is stupid!

but for episode 14 he was not in his titan form! so that act was based on conscious desire! and he's not pissed off!
but when in titan form until this episode eren relatively using his unconscious desire!
Aug 28, 2013 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
Why not like both?
The Art of Eight
Aug 28, 2013 2:43 AM

Sep 2008
I don't see the point of asking such questions. They're completely fandom-based and - as dankickyou wrote just before me - why not like both? Or hate both?
I see no reason for arguing over that.
Aug 28, 2013 3:06 AM
Jan 2013
Edefrem said:

And I'm done.
come @ me bro

here i come baby..
in forum, we either discuss or argue!

- i hate mikasa, but i hope i can like her! dude, it's because of medaka box! it was resemble so i hate her! (i realize this is unreasonable, but please do consider it by reading medaka box!) if there is a reason why should i like her, then please tell me! despite her perfect looks, or badassery? or intelectuality? her act right when necessary? what did she ever do wrong? she will never wrong! she will never lost! she is too perfect it was anomalic!

- i said that, and the reason above!

- lol! i think you are right in this case! because i think her personality is confusing!

- levi is too gay for me! and annoying too! and arrogant!

- armijn was my 2nd favorite character in SnK! because he is IMORTAL! he is the only one who need the existence of deus ex machina to survive! he is interesting and his development was rapidly fast!
Aug 28, 2013 3:20 AM

Apr 2013
Mate , her screentime is too little to show her flaws . The whole screentime is focused on Eren , mostly , and thats why his flaws are better known than Mikasa's .
When I'm saying "whole screentime" I'm comparing between them not the anime as a whole.
Aug 28, 2013 6:45 AM
Jul 2013
opiktea said:
Xinception said:

"OB-FUCKING-JECTION"

"Case. Fucking. Closed."

sure, i agree he is stupid!

but for episode 14 he was not in his titan form! so that act was based on conscious desire! and he's not pissed off!
but when in titan form until this episode eren relatively using his unconscious desire!

*goes Sherlock Holmes on you*

Dear sir, would you kindly read my line which consists of my hypothesis on Eren's actions in episode 11?

Dear sir, would you also kindly read ErenxMikasa's post on page 11, right after my post? It is said/hinted that there is a beast/Titan mind inside each Titan Shifter that they must learn to control. This theory is further proven in the manga which I won't spoil for you.

Elementary, my dear sir. Elementary.
Aug 28, 2013 3:24 PM
Jan 2013
Xinception said:

disagree sir! because it is prety contradictive to ep 6 and 7 fact!

done! but excuse me, did you mean ep 19? or would you please enlight me if it nay? because i believe i've said my mind about episode 19.
Aug 28, 2013 5:05 PM
Jul 2013
opiktea said:
Xinception said:

disagree sir! because it is prety contradictive to ep 6 and 7 fact!

done! but excuse me, did you mean ep 19? or would you please enlight me if it nay? because i believe i've said my mind about episode 19.

Yes, episode 19.

And also what about it is contradictive?

Episode 6: Your argument was Eren was ignoring Mikasa like shit, which means he doesn't care about her? Episode 14 for you.

Your argument about epiosde 7 and how it connects to episode 11 is still flawed. Read the manga, watch the anime. Watch the part where Hanji stated hger hypothesis: Determined goal. For you to transform into a titan, you must have a straight objective and a strong determination to complete that objective, then you must injure yourself, causing trauma, thus constructing a Titan Body.

Taking these into accounts, you're saying that in episode 11, Eren's determinated goal was to kill Mikasa? Wrong, wrong, wrong. The reason he lost control was because of his doubts, he was still doubting his ability back then, thus leading to weak will, thus losing control to the beast within. This leads him to be in a mental state of disorder, AKA "cozy cozy land".

For those who read the manga, and for you the dude who has been disagreeing with me, you deserved to be spoiled:

After his determination has been restored by Armin, he continued his determined goal, AKA blocking the boulder. If his goal was to kill Mikasa, he would have killed her straight then?

Eren's unconsciously hating Mikasa? Most absurd idea I've ever seen. If he has no desired to love Mikasa, but only want to fucking kill her, explain episode 8. If his main goal was to kill the Titans, he would have just fought the titans, why the fuck did he block the entrance to the building? Combined with evidences from episode 14, I believe I've debunked your hate for Mikasa. Eren only ignored Mikasa in episode 6 was because of inferiority complex, as Mikasa always protects him like a little brother.

I believe he wants to be more than that, to be seen as a protector. As he is a shounen protagonist, this trait is shared by many. He would like to protect the people he cares about, not be protected. Evidences to support this is Eren contemplating to transform to save those dying soldiers while being chased by Annie. And there are more evidences to support this in the manga, but I believe I've posted enough spoilers for a post.

Case. Fucking. Closed
Aug 28, 2013 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
@Xinception : You just should have thrown in his face the question "why did he risked his life for her and then took her to her family?" . It's just too stupid to think Eren hates Mikasa .

Mikasa is just terorized by the idea that she could loose AGAIN a family and whats worst is that , while we have no idea where the hell the dad is(dont spoil me with manga) she has only Eren , so exaggerating with the protection is justifiable , in my humble opinion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1654 by AlocalAnimeFan »»
May 19, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.