MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

So people hate Eren but love Mikasa?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shingeki no Kyojin »» So people hate Eren but love Mikasa?

Pages (28) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
04-21-13, 6:50 PM

So after 3 episodes of Attack on titan/Shingeki no Kyojin Eren has a little over 80 likes while Mikasa has well over 300 likes. I'm seeing that people are calling the main character whiny, obnoxious and annoying.

In anime we've seen characters like this before. However, I'm only used to these complaints when it comes to characters that go overboard and isn't really justified for acting that way. In this show, Eren is definitely justified for his hot blooded behavior. He saw his mother and a bunch of people around him get eaten. It's reasonable that he'd be determined and angry. He wants to fight and prove himself. At least he's not one of those " reluctant whiny " heroes. He's trying

Mikasa is liked because she's the typical supernaturally strong female archetype. Nothing too special at the moment. Not saying she won't develop but for the main characters Eren has the most potential to be the multidimensional character especially if and/or when he undergoes character development. I have no doubt he will mature.

What's with the extreme bias?

I didn't read the manga by the way. ( i plan to at some point )

Mod Edit: Corrected name in the title.
Modified by Luna_, 05-03-13, 4:06 AM

04-21-13, 6:51 PM
Forum Moderator
*ignores OP*

Eren is awesome.

Mikasa is awesome.

Rivaille is OMFG BWAAAAAASDLK:SNVELJCSMLL *not rly a spoiler*

As for votes... come on, MAL just favorites females more in general.

E-Hentai is going down. For more info, read here.
Site & Forum Guidelines | MAL Guidelines | Report Abuse

04-21-13, 6:52 PM

First SnK Official Character Poll (from Japan)

Levi - 3952
Eren - 2244
Mikasa - 2232
Sasha - 818
Christa - 664
Annie - 452
Hanji - 380
Reiner - 340
Jean - 310
Armin - 290

04-21-13, 6:54 PM

If anything, it depends heavily if the writers can show some key character development throughout the anime and sell it well. Most of us don't want a static MC like how Mirai Nikki does. For now, I'm perfectly okay with Eren. Just for now looking forward to how he progresses on-wards.

04-21-13, 6:54 PM

not that people hate eren, it's just mikasa is more appealing (at least for me)
he's not whiny. he is stupid and bad-tempered unlike armin. it's why I don't really like eren. Personal taste tho.

and oh, not because of the VA, of course.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com

04-21-13, 6:55 PM

You are 1000% Death, it is because the Otaku tend objectify women by turning them into their, "waifus." and nothing satisfies an otaku like turning a strong woman into their obedient wife/slave. Eren is a great character, a righteous multi-dimensional character, Mikasa is generic strong woman. #SWAG.
FluffyFlesh said:
Maaaaaaaaaan , after so many episodes of OreImo I feel like I'd like to fuck my sister.

04-21-13, 6:57 PM

He's on the borderline of being that kind of character with the potential to go either way, but I don't think he's that bad right now. He difinitely has reasons to cry and whine, but in the first episode he also cried over nothing so it's hard to say. I don't personally like the "hot blooded" characters myself though.

Potato girl is my favourite.

04-21-13, 6:57 PM

pming said:

Levi - 3952
Eren - 2244
Mikasa - 2232
Sasha - 818
Christa - 664
Annie - 452
Hanji - 380
Reiner - 340
Jean - 310
Armin - 290

I'm referring to this site

04-21-13, 6:59 PM

Death_Acolyte said:
pming said:

Levi - 3952
Eren - 2244
Mikasa - 2232
Sasha - 818
Christa - 664
Annie - 452
Hanji - 380
Reiner - 340
Jean - 310
Armin - 290

I'm referring to this site

Most of the hate (in this site) towards Eren is VA-related.

04-21-13, 7:01 PM

Eren is a guy. Therefore all of his flaws are not acceptable ever, and he should just die.

Misaka is a girl. Therefore she can do no wrong ever.

Misaka has done literally nothing so far. She hasn't really been a "badass" either. She just stares blankly and slowly at things. But since she's a girl, +50 points for best character.

04-21-13, 7:02 PM

I don't hate Eren at all! I actually dislike Misaka's personality a lot.

And to top it all I'm not the type of person who hates 'whiny' so called 'pussy' characters. I sometimes don't care about it and like them as a character, or love the realistic feel of it.

04-21-13, 7:06 PM

Red_Keys said:
Eren is a guy. Therefore all of his flaws are not acceptable ever, and he should just die.

Misaka has done literally nothing so far. She hasn't really been a "badass" either. She just stares blankly and slowly at things. But since she's a girl, +50 points for best character.
Well she has been given the badass role even if she hasn't done anything badass yet and everyone always jumps on the badass female archetype. The way I see it, we're only three episodes in and she hasn't really done anything, but she also hasn't done anything wrong so I am reserving my right to judge her later but for now I have very little opinion.

04-21-13, 7:06 PM

Red_Keys said:

I would say this applies to several anime's. I am noticing this lots

04-21-13, 7:07 PM

Oh and just to be clear, I don't dislike any character so far. I have nothing against any character

04-21-13, 7:08 PM

I'm wary of the Eren VS Mikasa trend this thread is promoting.

04-21-13, 7:14 PM

Sometimes it's like people just like a character because of the archetype instead of what the writer actually does with that archetype. Again, I think Eren has been pretty well-written so far. But, we haven't seen Misaka do much of anything so far. But, yeah, it's only the 3rd episode we'll see how it goes from here.
"That I do not understand my own mind upsets me more than I can describe" - Meruem, The Chimera Ant King.

04-21-13, 7:15 PM

insan3soldiern said:
Sometimes it's like people just like a character because of the archetype instead of what the writer actually does with that archetype. Again, I think Eren has been pretty well-written so far. But, we haven't seen Misaka do much of anything so far. But, yeah, it's only the 3rd episode we'll see how it goes from here.

You tell'em Snake!
FluffyFlesh said:
Maaaaaaaaaan , after so many episodes of OreImo I feel like I'd like to fuck my sister.

04-21-13, 7:18 PM

i like eren a little bit more then mikasa and the potato girl went straight to thrid place on my list
P.S. sorry Armin

04-21-13, 7:21 PM

Let's get real here. Levi is obviously the best character in this series, and close behind are Mikasa and Eren, but I also love me some Annie and Ymir.
Modified by Rexzazel, 04-21-13, 7:25 PM

04-21-13, 7:21 PM

You will see part of why people think Mikasa is badass in about two episodes, maybe three.

Pages (28) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices