Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 20, 2022 11:48 AM

Jan 2008
Akito's change of heart seems sudden but she's been stuck thinking about it since Hatsuharu almost punched her. Though I don't know if Akito is worthy of redemption. She's a victim of abuse and the Sohma adults fuckery but she abused people and attempted to murder them. :/ But she does acknowledge that she doesn't deserve the kindness or to be forgiven.

Happy that Kureno and Tohru are ok.
Nov 1, 2022 7:39 AM

Jan 2021
We’ll this isn’t much fun there all starting to get along and shit that sucks I wanted to see more violence smh
Dec 9, 2022 8:26 AM
Apr 2022
This episode had everything I needed. The CRAZY plot twists and gloomy moments were just too good. I won't spoil it, but this episode was something else.
Dec 28, 2022 7:26 PM

Oct 2021
happy happy happy

Feb 15, 2023 6:39 AM

Nov 2020
Great episode, feel like this is the last one

Apr 23, 2023 1:34 PM
Oct 2022
MY HEARTT WTHWTHWTH
Dec 9, 2023 2:16 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was a true rollercoaster of feelings.

We can finally see the vunerable side of Akito, and what shre truly feels. At the end of the day, the whole "God of the Zodiac" title just made her not be part of that circle, which just distanced her from the zodiac members. Due to that, she just felt lonely, like the others were never on the same table or floor than her. However, she always decided to just blindly believe that she had this bound with the Zodiac members that would always keep her accompanied, but with the bonds breaking one by one, she's finally realizing how lonely she has always been, and how lack of trust she has on others, she doesn't see herself as worthy of others friendship, because, in her eyes, she would just be a burden, and people would get tired of her.

Even after everything that Akito did to Tohru, Tohru wasn't mad against Akito, but she was mad at herself, for not noticing how Akito felt so lonely. And being the best girl that Tohru is, she extends her hand to Akito to be her friend. And when Akito shows that she feels like no one will want to be friends with her if they aren't connected to her through a bond, Tohru just asking if then Akito could start with her, and introducing herself, that was made Akito realize that there are people that would genuinely like to be her friends, without any kind of promise or bond.
Once again, Tohru is showing what kindness and empathy can do for others. A person that has been suffering since she was born, that always felt she couldn't be friends with anyone, because people would just not like her, if not obligated by the bonds, finally saw some light. Honestly it was so heartwarming seeing Akito reach for Tohru's hand.

But of course things couldn't go so smoothly, and the land Tohru was standing on just collapses and she falls from the edge of the hill. And she falls exactly where in the 1st episode she was staying with her tent, that in that same episode was submerged in dirt after that hill collapsed, an event that could have led to Tohru's death, if it weren't for Yuki and Shigure taking her to their home that night. So that moment was foreshadowing this event all along.
Seeing Tohru on the floor like that, lifeless, made me worry so much, but I knew she couldn't die, because there are still 4 episodes left, and there was no way they would be all without Tohru.
Seeing how much Akito was worried about Tohru, you can see something changed in her. And Yuki reaching the place where Tohru was, his reaction was really painful. And then we have Kyo, that when he heard that she fell down, went completely blank and just wanted to go to her. It was so sad seeing him by her side, crying for her, I'm really glad that Tohru was able to wake up, and also to assure Kyo that everything was going to be fine, he really needed to hear that.
AND WE FINALLY GOT THAT KISS SCENE. YES.
As a Tohru and Kyo shipper since Episode 1, I have waited a long time for this. My ship is stronger than ever, thankfully. Some are saying the kiss scene was innapropriate, but I don't know, I found it romantic, especially if you consider it could have been their first and last opportunity to kiss.

I'm glad that Momiji showed to Akito how much she hurted the other people at the hospital, but at the same time, that it's ok to be with people that you like, even if others see them as "fools". What matters is what you feel, right? The people that prefer to judge those people and belittle them are just making themselves miserable, so who are the real fools? Kureno and Tohru forgiving Akito for her acts was really important for her, and I think she's ready to start a new chapter in her life. And Akito just being so glad to be able to visit Tohru, and glad to have Kureno by her side since the beginning, was really sweet to see.
Also, this showed me that Kureno really is just a male version of Tohru, to what comes to kindness and empathy.

Now, with all of that said, I do have to say that all the characters are brushing off a lot of what Akito did. She literally could be in prison, in fact, I don't even know how they explained Kureno's injuries. And I'm still of the opinion that Akito didn't have any right to make the lives of the Zodiac Members hell, just because she felt so lonely. Yuki was literally traumatized for years. And let's not even talk about Kyo. But I'm guessing we will not see this easy acception from other Zodiac members, especially Rin and Haru.

Now, I'm super excited for the next episode, and it seems like it's going to be about Yuki confessing his love. I'm guessing he was moved by Tohru and Kyo, but at the same time angry to how Kyo just doesn't accept his feelings for Tohru and is making things harder for the 2, even if he thinks he's not worth of Tohru's love. So he might not want to be like that to Machi. Probably why the episode is called "I just love her".
This last 2 episodes have been Peak of Fruits Basket and in anime in general. I'm honestly so amazed by how good this anime is, and how invested I am in it!

Quick edit: I just have to say that the ending theme for this season is sometimes way to bright for the themes of the season, but in this episode it fitted so well, and I have the feeling it will also fit really well in the last episode!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » BEST Theme Song

Rinkahai - Jul 3, 2021

8 by Doc101 »»
May 30, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

318 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.