Forum Settings
Forums

Is anyone else turned off by visual style only?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 2, 2016 3:54 AM

Jul 2015
Aku no hana...1 minute and it was dropped because visuals were strange

May 2, 2016 4:14 AM

Jul 2015
Bothers me all the time, which is why I don't watch DBZ.

Not that I'd be interested in it anyway, but the style really annoys me.
Living is a velleity, because ice cream is life.

May 2, 2016 4:28 AM

Jun 2014
Usually you get used to it if the show interests you. If not, you're damned. It's somehow harder to start watching shows with weird animation style, but don't judge it right there; They might just be worth the trouble.

Eg. Ping Pong the Animation, Clannad and God Eater. I'm trying to watch these, but I just can't...........

Kaneki_Haise said:
Klad said:
This guy gets it. CGI is the worst thing to happen to anime

That is true, but that's not always the case. Take ufotable for example. They also use CGI, but it comes out brilliantly most of the time. The Fate series is the result of that.

Dude, I completely agree with you. CGI can be both good and cancerous at the same time. Like Berserk the movies. It didn't need CGI. I fear for the anime series too....
Fate-SymphonyMay 2, 2016 4:32 AM
May 2, 2016 4:55 AM

May 2014
@AssassinWolfXE, well, that's too bad. God Eater truly is ugly and the result of a lazy work, but apart from the character design, Clannad isn't bad-looking at all.

Anyway, what's truly a shame is that you put Ping Pong next to those two. Not only you miss a nice story with awesome characters, but you also miss incredible visuals (yet not "beautiful" by anime standards... by the standards of a creative medium that quite literally offers infinite possibilities but somehow dislikes going out of its comfort zone) and animation that fit the series and the matches extremely well.

That's too bad, but you can give it another try in few months / years, or when you'll get bored of always seeing the same uncreative / bland designs with the same (often lazy and boring) animation with the same colors. :)
parazeMay 2, 2016 5:02 AM
May 2, 2016 8:52 AM

May 2015
Sukebe14 said:
Aku no hana...1 minute and it was dropped because visuals were strange

Although they're strange compared to anime, these visuals are actually pretty dull. It's realism without much quirks or artistic touches.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Yesterday

65 by Lost_Viking »»
3 minutes ago

» Which anime could be classified as "Technically isikai?"( Another place but same world)

Ratris_Decision - 8 hours ago

7 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
23 minutes ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - Today

20 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
25 minutes ago

» Tried going to reddit to discuss Anime, worst decision ever. ( 1 2 3 )

kriissyy12 - Jul 4, 2022

105 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
32 minutes ago

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - May 25

43 by NiceCorn »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.