Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
who should souma end up with ?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 31, 2016 10:35 AM
Oct 2013
Stormen said:

Give me one example of a modern shounen harem not based on a visual novel where the protagonist actually gets the girl in the end. The endings are always ambiguous or otherwise anticlimactic.

Dont read Harem manga just to name two though I´ve read in the past that introduced me to manga. Ranma 1/2 and Oh my Goddes.

Both had the same outcome, however if you want a shounen example with backlash. read the end of Naruto and I bet people even got mad at Dragon Ball in the past because Goku and Bulma didn´t get together.

Or look at Fairy Tail for that matter, battle Shounen that incorperate pairings that get teased throughout but never go anywhere till the very end.
IsterioJan 31, 2016 10:39 AM
Jan 31, 2016 3:21 PM
Jun 2014
Isterio said:
Stormen said:

Give me one example of a modern shounen harem not based on a visual novel where the protagonist actually gets the girl in the end. The endings are always ambiguous or otherwise anticlimactic.

Dont read Harem manga just to name two though I´ve read in the past that introduced me to manga. Ranma 1/2 and Oh my Goddes.

Both had the same outcome, however if you want a shounen example with backlash. read the end of Naruto and I bet people even got mad at Dragon Ball in the past because Goku and Bulma didn´t get together.

Or look at Fairy Tail for that matter, battle Shounen that incorperate pairings that get teased throughout but never go anywhere till the very end.

I did say harem though. Both Naruto and Fairy tail aren't harems. I'm usually not picky when someone is chosen. Sure, sometimes i wonder what the heck the writers were thinking when they selected the end girl, but someone is better than none. Harems usually have something you'd consider the main girl that is much more pronounced than the others. If they keep teasing a coupling for the entirety of a series they better fucking follow through with it as well.
Feb 2, 2016 10:17 AM

Oct 2011
Erina.

Funny though that in anime Megumi is more popular than Erina.
And Erina is waaaaay more popular than Megumi in manga.

Seiyuu cause? or perhaps bad scripting of Erina's character, which in anime makes her look more tsundere than necessary.
Feb 18, 2016 10:49 PM
Feb 2016
Okay, in my opinion, I think Megumi and Souma should be together. Not hating on Erina but Megumi isn't a simpleton.

Would a simpleton pass the first round of the Chandra's room arc (That last arc is the anime so for)? I think not. Megumi was the timid person who was able to open out of her shell (Even if it was a bit). It was the help of Souma kindness to do so.

Another one? Well. Challenging chef Shinomiya to defend Megumi's spot in the early beginning. Does that seem boring to you, an average life? I think not!

She's a great supportive character who helps both him and herself to overcome obstacles. They have a strong relationship than Erina. Erina doesn't admit's Souma's food it good because her personality (Not saying it's bad) and her first experience meet him along with his relax/dense attitude towards most students and herself. She's a great obstacles to pass but that doesn't confirm the well-being between them both when it comes to shipping. That's like saying (Naruto) Sakura (Erina) is the obstacle, and Naruto (Souma) has to find a way to get to make her truly like him. And the supportive Hinata (Megumi) is trying to help.

By the way, for other comments, let's get this straight;

Erina is a Himedere not Tsundere. She acts like a queen, like Miku's (From Vocaloid) personality, thus the "sama" used in the end of her name when students from the school talk to her. Or a Kamidere thus her nickname "God's Tongue" But more Himedere tbh.

"Erina and Souma are canon from the beginning with Souma dad said his shick" Actually he could be referring to Megumi too, not just Erina. And using that one piece (Lol) of evidence does not mean the fate of the anime/manga. And Souma and Megumi had more moments than Erina does. So bring back that piece of "evidence" doesn't do squat honestly.

"Erina's the main girl character. And only main characters are canonned" Actually both Erina and Megumi are the main characters. And it's a harem too, so Souma could end up with a girl or a guy (yaoi ouo). So that's a bunch of donkey's butt.

This isn't a Soulmate anime/manga in which the final pairing is show in the beginning. It's a sexually cooking anime/manga that somehow the food looks better than real life and upon eat great food, you automatically strip. We know there is probably more moments of either Megumi X Souma X Erina in future chapters. But until I get convince that Megumi X Souma is no good anymore and Erina X Souna will be it. Then fine, but right now, there is no way I'm shipping Erina Souma.
Mar 4, 2016 11:32 PM

Nov 2013
Megumi ofc. Erina still sucks...
Mar 4, 2016 11:40 PM
Nov 2015
It's none of the above. It's gonna be Hisako, you'll thank me later for this amazing prediction.
Mar 6, 2016 8:06 AM

Apr 2014
Megumi sucks, Erina for the win!
Mar 18, 2016 6:35 AM
Oct 2015
Well...i have enough of read the mc pair with tsundere......so its either mayumi(his childhood friend) or the short blond girl(the knife owner that belong to her late mother) if u read all the manga chapters
Mar 28, 2016 11:32 PM
Jan 2016
Megumi of course😍
Apr 3, 2016 9:17 AM

Jun 2014
Megumi no contest
Apr 15, 2016 10:17 PM
Mar 2013
Definitely Souma end up with Erina but I wish Hisako :)
Apr 20, 2016 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
I have to say Megumi. I feel like they get along pretty well and she's making good progress with her own cooking, so it's not like she's dragging the MC down.
Apr 20, 2016 10:47 AM

Sep 2015
I doubt he'll end up with anyone though.
May 2, 2016 11:51 AM

Jan 2016
M E G U M I 1000000000000%
May 2, 2016 11:53 AM

Mar 2016
Anybody but Erina is excellent .I'd say that I'm partial to Nakiri most of all but I don't really see it happening .
May 2, 2016 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
TheDeadApostle said:
Anybody but Erina is excellent .I'd say that I'm partial to Nakiri most of all but I don't really see it happening .

Nakiri can mean anything.
May 2, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2016
strider98 said:
TheDeadApostle said:

Nakiri can mean anything.

I can't remember her first name.......

Ah yeah it was Alice .Alice is best girl .
May 4, 2016 3:38 AM

May 2009
You know that there is no romantic development in manga? Second season won't have anything aside shipping bait. Also in recent manga chapters Megumi regressed into cheering blob with permament pose like
Jun 7, 2016 8:02 PM

Dec 2012
Hmm I like Nikumi and Erina with him. Oh I also like Takumi with him, but he was not on the poll so I voted for Erina. I really love SoumaxErina so cute
Jun 21, 2016 6:20 PM
Oct 2014
Can we just have a polygamous harem ending for once? Please? He can cook for a lot of people so his Dad's quote is true!
Jun 24, 2016 9:18 PM
Mar 2016
I honestly don't know with who he will end up with. Although I am sure he will end up with someone. Like somebody mentioned, Soma's dad said that he would need a woman. I don't think it would be Megumi (plz don't kill me I love that gurl) because she's more like a sibling to Soma, I think. I don't think it will be Mito because he has shown no interest in her from what I've seen. I am well aware that she has feelings for him. :) It could be Erina in my opinion because of a lot of reasons. ;) I am not up to date with the manga nor the anime since I stopped midway hahaha... Someone correct me if needed! Thank you for reading!
Jun 25, 2016 2:27 AM
Oct 2014
Otaku_Dr3ams said:
I honestly don't know with who he will end up with. Although I am sure he will end up with someone. Like somebody mentioned, Soma's dad said that he would need a woman. I don't think it would be Megumi (plz don't kill me I love that gurl) because she's more like a sibling to Soma, I think. I don't think it will be Mito because he has shown no interest in her from what I've seen. I am well aware that she has feelings for him. :) It could be Erina in my opinion because of a lot of reasons. ;) I am not up to date with the manga nor the anime since I stopped midway hahaha... Someone correct me if needed! Thank you for reading!

You're not wrong about Megumi and Mito but The same could go for Erina as well as the other girls. Souma has been neutral to all of them. They all eat his food and orgasm while quivering all over the place but he remains a solid rock who is straight forward and doesn't have any thoughts of romance in his food filled head. The author did say he was going to ship someone but I just hope it's not Erina because this series so far has been really good about not being cliche.
Jun 29, 2016 7:19 PM

Feb 2010
Judging by the law and logic of animes *cough CLICHES* it would be Erina.

But I HOPE it doesn't end up this way because I'm so done with the tsundere winning. Literally, when I look at Souma he obviously is the reflection of his dad, however I swear if the moment Erina realizes who his dad is and she 'suddenly changes her opinion of him' I will literally call BS on whatever feelings she has suddenly developed. TIe me down and throw pitch forks at me but there is no way that if that actually ends up happening I'll be supportive of their relationship.

He's obviously going to end up with one of them, but honestly I feel like a lot of the time when we look at relationships (even real ones) people focus on the present moment. Like, 'Souma acts more ____' with '____' so I think he likes her so they're going to end up together. It's not wrong to assume these things, cause obviously when you start gettting feelings and you act on them, u usually end up a pair...but if Souma ends up like his dad...I swear he's 10000000% going to end up with Erina.

Legit. It's almost too cliche. However, it seems like he's actually super determined to take over his dad's diner, so in that case I would not see Erina ever working with him or I don't see a future with her in it unless the author does a 100% transformation on her character. In that case, I would see him end up with Megumi.

But honestly, it could go either way. The wanderlust is strong in this dad, and it definitely made him even better of a chef. Something tells me he's going to keep wanting to reach higher and at one point he's going to realize that the person helping him do this is 'the one'.

Just my two cents on this. Right now, though, all Erina is doing is stepping all over him. It would take many, many milleniums for me to ever even think about Erina romantically if I were in Souma's position but who knows.
Jul 6, 2016 1:09 AM
Jul 2016
Souma x erina would be the best couple because there is so much tension between them and megumi has no tension with souma. If souma would ask megumi to be his she would do it in a heartbeat. All anime fans should know that so many animes have that one girl that brings all the tesion and end up together with the main guy. No matter what anyone else says souma x erina is the best no matter what
Jul 16, 2016 1:22 PM
Oct 2013
Easily Erina. Megumi will be the new Onodera.
Jul 16, 2016 9:24 PM

Mar 2012
Megumi is the best choice in my opinion. They've been too much together; fighting against Shinomiya, living in the same dorm, attending almost the same classes, running the moon banquet stall together, taking care of children togethe, etc....what better way to tell all their kids about these evens in the future?
Jul 27, 2016 11:12 PM

Jun 2011
I'm tired of this whole "Who should Souma choose?" debate when this series isn't even about romance nor does it focus on it. Just because the girls like him doesn't mean Souma is going to notice jack shit about it because the only thing Souma lives and breathes is cooking. I don't know if any of you guys know this... but this is a manga about cooking. Stop making this your Nisekoi. Besides there is a good chance this manga is going to end without even a clear winner.
Aug 4, 2016 2:24 AM

Dec 2014
I wonder how many forums have this topic. Anyways, Erina for me. I ship Megumi with either Takumi/Isami (well, after seeing the 1st OVA and listening to the drama CD, LOl!)
Sep 6, 2016 12:46 AM
Sep 2016
If u read the manga (I read up to 181) u would see that Erina is actually meant for him u would see why she so mean and she actually begins to laugh around him and say his food is delicious. She realizes exactly how much she loves him
If you've ever read manga or watched anime then u know that if the character blushes profusely they like them
Erina liked him from the beginning (faintly but she liked him)
Megumi does not love soma she only is very thankful to him I think she belongs with takumi th
Erina has the right personality for soma his knuckleheadness and her strictures ( but she's actually goofy like him) they would just be perfect for each other SOMA AND ERINA 5EVER
SOMINA SHALL REIGN FOREVERRRRR
Sep 6, 2016 12:55 AM
Sep 2016
P3TE said:
nikumi all da way m8
Imperial_Thunder said:
His family restaurant

Wrong
Absolutely not they have basically nothing in common of course she love shim everyone loves him including me
The thing about nikumi is that she don't know how to handle soma soma is just too dumb for her but she do love him rightfully so but
Erina on the other hand is just made for soma we see that she only shows emotion other than disgust to soma straight off she makes frustrated faces she even go chili if u read the latest chapter 181 u will realize that she does love him she finally accepts his cooking she even laughed with him and they looked at the stars together😍😍😍😍
SOMINAFORLIFEBRUH
Oct 6, 2016 5:54 PM
Jan 2011
I don't think he should be with ANY of them, let them just be part of his journey and story from the school. But I think Erina fits him best for now.
Oct 14, 2016 8:46 PM

Jul 2014
Souma and Megumi, I think they really cute together, not just visually, but from their interactions too.
Oct 22, 2016 10:26 AM
Oct 2016
I'm more of a Megumi x Soma fan... Tho I know Eri is the heroine and I shipped them at first but her bitching got worse up to the point that I skipped out scenes where she would appear and continously bitch out. Megumi DESERVES SOMA BETTER. They're buddies, they help each other out, Soma confides in her gets angry for her and uuughh shes just tooo adorable. But i know that the end will only be a an eri x soma pairing or none at all.
Nov 5, 2016 4:03 AM
Nov 2016
JuRiShiro said:

Megumi balances everything about Souma. Souma's character is overwhelming and adding Erina to that relationship is op. Too much of anything is bad hahaha

This is also what I'm thinking. Soma is so competitive and Megumi would be great to balance things. They complement each other. And besides, opposite poles attract each other.
Nov 5, 2016 4:35 AM

Jul 2015
megumi
but we all know blonde bitches always win
Nov 22, 2016 3:49 AM

Oct 2010
Takumi Aldini it is.
Nov 22, 2016 3:54 AM

Jul 2015
I'm up for Hisako dunno why u didnt consider her ;)

Well...
Nov 25, 2016 8:21 PM
Nov 2016
Soma should be with megumi because they do everything together and just because many people said erina was the first hint of him. Being with her is a lie a total lie megumi is been there through everything with him he is her ride or die and aka i believe he with end up falling in love with megumi remember that last episode of the first season i felt it gave us a little clue to also erina barley knows him and they never had any love moments honestly i think he only wants erina to just acknowledged his cooking at loud and be done with her maybe they will be friends at the end of all this i think I will go crazy if he end up with erina #team megumi lol
Willy_12Nov 25, 2016 8:24 PM
Nov 25, 2016 9:16 PM

Feb 2015
Before the ship happens, I want to know more about Souma's mother to be honest, and how Souma's mother seem to changed his father... That's all...

But I am more in favour of Erina... xD
Apr 15, 2017 11:08 PM
Aug 2016
Erina obviously because Soma and Erina are spending a LOT of time together in the manga.
Jul 20, 2017 6:43 AM
May 2017
souma x erina 4 ever 4 lyfe
Jul 20, 2017 4:24 PM
Jul 2017
Erina! Erina! Erina!
Jul 25, 2017 5:15 AM
Jul 2017
I can't say who souma must end up, but for me, manga or anime without tsundere girls is boring coz they can make funny moments. But if talk 'bout shipping, i like the main boy character end up with tsundere girl coz they have good development while the story is running.
KuroiNakariJul 25, 2017 5:22 AM
Aug 2, 2017 8:18 AM

Jun 2017
Sounds should end up with Erina it's pretty obvious. #Free Tay-K 47
Aug 25, 2017 12:53 AM
Jan 2017
oH come on you guys. MC always ends up with the FIRST girl who appears in a manga 90% of the time. Plus a tsundere? You know how that ends.

Now go back to cooking y'all.
Nov 6, 2017 10:30 AM

Aug 2015
I still Erina even though my favorite is Rindou !
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Hey Pals Let's Be Unique!
Nov 11, 2017 3:28 PM
Nov 2017
Most definitely Megumi. There’s a reason season 1 was so damn popular. People loved their development together
Apr 23, 2018 12:42 AM

Aug 2014
People keep saying Erina because main girl, but people keep on forgetting that Naruto ends up with Hinata and Ichigo ends up with Orihime. Both non main girl of a shounen anime/manga. And both I have made a bet from the beginning that they would end up with the main male character (main male character personality observation and the rare hints between here and now.)
But then again everything depends on the author. Obviously if we're going to check the authors former works, it would be Erina as most of the main lead looks like Erina. My opinion though, I would love for Megumi to win. :) But for this series Soma might end up with none of the two, if not the fight is likely 50/50 or 60/40 leaning towards Erina
Apr 27, 2018 10:48 PM
Mar 2017
Erina x Souma ofc tsundere woman that soon loyal to her man and love souma more than anyone else that's my choice
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

423 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 20, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

196 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 20, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

233 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 20, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

188 by Yiuumii »»
May 20, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

171 by Yiuumii »»
May 20, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.