Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 26, 2017 7:23 PM
Jul 2018
gonna miss this show
9/10
Oct 30, 2017 10:22 PM

Sep 2013
I liked the ending. I wish elections were this good-spirited in real life!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 7, 2019 9:39 PM

Mar 2016
This anime should have never strayed from comedy, because its drama was awful and mind-numbingly boring. But, the comedy worked really well, it was often legitimately funny, and I feel like this is one of the few shows that is able to take full advantage of its (very specific and contrived) premise without losing focus or feeling gimmicky. The idol stuff and everything with Misaki and her clones was pretty bad, but Akane was great, so thankfully she was pretty much the main character. Poor Teru just wanted to be a strong eye-patched king and everyone just shit all over him.

A fun show that started out strong but dragged near the end. I think there were better ways to explore the more serious side of the siblings and their relationships. And of course they all wanted to fuck each other, which in a show like this I honestly could have done without, it really feels tacky and cheap. But I guess the subtleties of family bonds is too much for the writing to handle. The election result was bullshit btw, Akane dictatorship now! (I liked Aoi a lot too though)
syncrogazerJul 7, 2019 9:52 PM
May 4, 2021 10:01 AM

Aug 2014
I agree with the user above me in terms of the comedy and the drama

Positives:

-The first five episodes were great because the anime kept itself light and The comedy was always a hit. It feels refreshing. 

-Loveable characters, all of the siblings and side characters.

-Female MC Akane and her reactions were always hilarious. Shes a great MC to follow around. 

-Had great wincest potential.

-Its a completed anime. There is no need for another season. But an OVA/special episode would be nice.

Negatives:

-Starting from episode 6 till episode 12, the anime many times decided to somewhat get away from the silliness that made this anime shine, and decided to focus more on character development and go sometimes to a drama way or sentimental way.  Meaning, the anime started taking itself a little too serious for its own good.  This made the anime lose that spark and momentum that it had in the first 5 episodes.
oooo3333Mar 10, 2023 2:54 AM
Sep 21, 2021 5:37 PM
May 2011
Saved the best for last, I see. Watched the final two episodes back-to-back, and it was great seeing the kids (except Aoi) using their powers to help people. Especially Teru. So glad he finally got some spotlight. Aoi withdrawing was understandable and unfortunate. It's a nice message of not abusing your powers *cough*Lelouch*cough*, but it relegates her to the sidelines. She wasn't allowed to do ANYTHING during the crisis, and she couldn't be involved in the breakout episode.

Gonna have to disagree with the posters above me. I thought the beginning was pretty middling. Akane's shy act was tired after the first minute of episode 1, and the Scarlet Bloom stuff wasn't funny. Her friendship with Karen was cute (especially the flashback) but her fanclub was obnoxious. Kanade was bad throughout, and while Misaki's angst was unfun, it was nice to see her turn it around. Hikari started off annoying, but idoling gave her something to be passionate about and strive for. I loved the flashback of the parents and thought they were always great, and you get the parallel to Shuu and Hana, culminating in the best possible result for succession. Honestly, the last two episodes alone raised my score from a 6 to an 8.
Jan 6, 2023 8:11 AM

May 2018
This is like one of those anime series where I wish there are more episodes, who wouldn't want to see more of their family when all of them are all interesting characters. I'm glad Shuu won the election, easy best member of the family.

May 27, 2023 9:10 AM

Jul 2016
Was rooting for either Misaki to win cause of the whole "knows the people best" aspect or Shu since his adorableness with Sato won me over and they'd make for a cute king and queen. Needless to say that conclusion had me satisfied, especially after that intercom speech.

Didn't expect a short and sweet slice of life show to have the most fulfilling ending I've seen in a while.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Joukamachi no Dandelion Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

100 by SodaFarl »»
Jan 1, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Joukamachi no Dandelion Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2015

128 by Thorison1080 »»
Jul 17, 2023 11:15 AM

Poll: » Joukamachi no Dandelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

70 by FarCritical »»
May 27, 2023 8:33 AM

Poll: » Joukamachi no Dandelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

71 by FarCritical »»
May 27, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Joukamachi no Dandelion Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

78 by FarCritical »»
May 27, 2023 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.