Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 9:07 AM

Jan 2010
The thing that makes me laugh the most is the fact that most people who complain haven't even tried Gintama or only watched some episodes before dropping it.

Pure gold silver.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2012 9:09 AM

Jan 2008
Kurimu-chan said:
The thing that makes me laugh the most is the fact that most people who complain haven't even tried Gintama or only watched some episodes before dropping it.

Pure gold silver.

Most of them will probably say something like "I don't want to watch a series with 100~200 episodes." It's a common excuse I see for not watching the series.
Oct 6, 2012 9:11 AM

Jan 2010
Paul said:
Kurimu-chan said:

Pure gold silver.

Most of them will probably pout something like "I don't want to watch a series with 100~200 episodes." It's a common excuse I see for the series.

Yep, and if/when they do try it and finish, they think 'WE WANT MORE, THAT WASN'T ENOUGH."

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2012 9:19 AM

Jun 2012
Mappek said:
Shuhan said:
1 episode out
Everyone gives it a 10
what the fuck are you retards doing?

Okay see, that just proves you don't know what you're talking about. This isn't episode 1, it's episode 253.

Episode 1 of the new season

you dont base one season off the others.
Oct 6, 2012 9:22 AM

Jan 2010
Shuhan said:
Mappek said:
Shuhan said:
1 episode out
Everyone gives it a 10

Okay see, that just proves you don't know what you're talking about. This isn't episode 1, it's episode 253.

Still counts as 253. That was a hiatus. And, even if it is considered a new season, we just love Gintama too much.

Besides, you haven't even tried Gintama. I'd love to see your reaction if you actually finish the series and join our side.
Oct 6, 2012 9:22 AM
Jul 2012
Haven't see that
Oct 6, 2012 9:31 AM

Feb 2010
BillyMK said:
The only problem with MAL ranking system is that it only take in cosideration the score but not the number of vote it gets
Wrong, score is weighted. http://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime

BillyMK said:
that takes into consideration not only the score but the amount of viewers, that would fix the problem.
That's called "Popularity".
vivanNov 16, 2014 11:33 PM
Oct 6, 2012 9:33 AM

Mar 2012
^ Doesn''t matter, still sucks :P

The rating system, that is.
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 9:35 AM

Jun 2012
Kurimu-chan said:
Shuhan said:
Mappek said:
Shuhan said:
1 episode out
Everyone gives it a 10

Still counts as 253. That was a hiatus. And, even if it is considered a new season, we just love Gintama too much.

Besides, you haven't even tried Gintama. I'd love to see your reaction if you actually finish the series and join our side.

I plan to watch it, i'll let you know how that goes.
Oct 6, 2012 9:40 AM
Feb 2012
edwd2 said:
9.32 -> 9.29 :(

That's because you posted this stupid topic.

We will be waiting for you Shuhan, and it won't count if you watch 2 episodes and drop it.
Oct 6, 2012 9:57 AM

Jan 2010
Mikasa said:

Says the person who didn't even watch Gintama- only the first episode of Enchousen which is 252 episodes after the original story, only to rate it 4/10 to drop the score.

Seems legit.
Oct 6, 2012 10:00 AM

Mar 2012
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:

Says the person who didn't even watch Gintama- only the first episode of Enchousen which is 252 episodes after the original story, only to rate it 4/10 to drop the score.

Seems legit.

Why do I need to watch the ones before? Isn't this a show on its own?
It does say episode 1 doesn't it? Thought so :)

If I wanted to drop the score, 1 is the mathematically ideal choice bro.
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 10:01 AM

Jun 2012
vivan said:
BillyMK said:
The only problem with MAL ranking system is that it only take in cosideration the score but not the number of vote it gets
Wrong, score is weighted. [url=http://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime]http://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime

BillyMK said:
that takes into consideration not only the score but the amount of viewers, that would fix the problem.
That's called "Popularity".

Oh well... sorry, I didn't know about it. I just assumed something was wong since the number of viewers where so apart when compared to other series.

Yeah, I really love Gintama but it does have it's flaws, so I don't think it deserves the first place (not that there's such thing as a flawless anime but still...).
Oct 6, 2012 10:01 AM

Mar 2012
ahneeme said:
edwd2 said:

We will be waiting for you Shuhan, and it won't count if you watch 2 episodes and drop it.

So 3 episodes make it count? :O
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 10:08 AM

Jan 2010
Mikasa said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:

Seems legit.

I'd love to see you watching Code Geass R2 before R1 and rating it 2/10.
Oct 6, 2012 10:08 AM
Feb 2012
Mikasa said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:

Seems legit.

Mikasa said:
ahneeme said:
edwd2 said:

So 3 episodes make it count? :O

Holy fuck bro you're embarrasing yourself.
I feel second hand embarrasment wafting from your life through my screen.

I'm going to leave this thread ASAP before I come down with a chronic illness.
Oct 6, 2012 10:12 AM

Jan 2010
I don't know what's funnier, Mikasa thinking he actually makes sense, or Mikasa thinking he's actually 'funny'.

He's seriously just embarrassing himself here
./facepalming
Oct 6, 2012 10:18 AM

Mar 2012
Wow people don't understand the concept of trolling, well since you're both getting butthurt I think I'm doing it right :) :P

@Kurimu How can I be funny and make sense at the same time? You took that from my comment?

Anyway, back to topic noobs...I get that this is your fav series but no need to get all emotional and take it personally, I never knew Gintama fans can be this retarded. Makes me glad I never got into the first 252 episodes ^^

Well this gintama is its own show, it has its own score and i get to score it however I want, and I didn't like it. Simple.
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 10:20 AM

Mar 2012
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:

Seems legit.

Wouldn't change the score, chronological order isn't a problem for me. But no don't worry I did watch R1 first ;)

FYI: I gave CG a 3 not a 2 -_-
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 10:22 AM

Jan 2010
Mikasa said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:

Seems legit.

Wouldn't change the score, chronological order isn't a problem for me. But no don't worry I did watch R1 first ;)

I'm worrying because you didn't watch Gintama before Enchousen, bro ;)
Oct 6, 2012 10:24 AM

Jan 2010
Mikasa said:

Well this gintama is its own show, it has its own score and i get to score it however I want, and I didn't like it. Simple.

You have no idea how stupid that sounded to the majority of Anime fans who know that starting an Anime from the third season will not make you understand anything to begin with.
Oct 6, 2012 10:25 AM

Mar 2012
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:

Seems legit.

Here's the reason, seeing as I search around youtube for random anime scenes before watching it, I saw that Gintama is mostly a comedy and not focused on story..so it's basically like most sitcoms I watch...Do I need to watch friends from the start? No, because the story isn't the focus but the lulz are.

So from what I saw, picking out random episodes is the best choice I guess.
I may be wrong but I'm inclined toward thinking that I"m not :D

Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:

You have no idea how stupid that sounded to the majority of Anime fans who know that starting an Anime from the third season will not make you understand anything to begin with.

And to me and to the minority it is considered stupid having to rely on the chronological order or episodic order to understand something. ESPECIALLY in a simple shonen.

Lol
MikasaOct 6, 2012 10:30 AM
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 10:32 AM

Jan 2010
Mikasa said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:

Seems legit.

Here's the reason, seeing as I search around youtube for random anime scenes before watching it, I saw that Gintama is mostly a comedy and not focused on story..so it's basically like most sitcoms I watch...Do I need to watch friends from the start? No, because the story isn't the focus but the lulz are.

So from what I saw, picking out random episodes is the best choice I guess.
I may be wrong but I'm inclined toward thinking that I"m not :D

Kurimu-chan said:
Mikasa said:

And to me and to the minority it is considered stupid having to rely on the chronological order or episodic order to understand something. ESPECIALLY in a simple shonen.

Lol

Good luck with life, young one. Tell me how it works out for you in the future- especially with that mentality of yours.
Oct 6, 2012 10:38 AM

Mar 2012
I admire your ability to predict the upcoming events of my life according to my anime/entertainment preferences
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 10:42 AM

Mar 2012
Why is someone defending this show being ranked 1 after one episode, lol.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 6, 2012 10:44 AM

Jan 2010
Post-Moe said:
Why is someone defending this show being ranked 1 after one episode, lol.

Because, in fact, it's technically episode 253 of the series, and we're all just too die-hard fans to even dare rank this below 10/10, or else Gintoki will hear about this.

Only fans would understand ;)
Oct 6, 2012 10:47 AM

Mar 2012
In fact, it's technically episode one of this season.

Obviously it's not the end of the world, but the ranking system is still vaguely useful. People who claim "lol it's irrelevant tho" are just as annoying as those who place complete trust in it, imo.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 6, 2012 10:49 AM

Aug 2012
What a fun thread.
Oct 6, 2012 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
Post-Moe said:
In fact, it's technically episode one of this season.

Obviously it's not the end of the world, but the ranking system is still vaguely useful. People who claim "lol it's irrelevant tho" are just as annoying as those who place complete trust in it, imo.

It isn't completely irrelevant, it's relevant to anime that deserve their spot but irrelevant to those that don't
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 11:38 AM

Aug 2007
I just love how haters make Gintama more popular!!! :D Thanks a lot :D

Just keep on talking that bullshit that no one cares... Gintama fans love Gintama and there is nothing you can say to change our mind...xD

There is one true that Gintama is the Best and you can`t change the true xD

Just joking xDDD

P.S. No I`m not joking.
Oct 6, 2012 11:48 AM

Mar 2012
reira said:
I just love how haters make Gintama more popular!!! :D Thanks a lot :D

Just keep on talking that bullshit that no one cares... Gintama fans love Gintama and there is nothing you can say to change our mind...xD

There is one true that Gintama is the Best and you can`t change the true xD

Just joking xDDD

P.S. No I`m not joking.

xD
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 11:58 AM

Aug 2007
omg thank you for your art work it is really lovely
Oct 6, 2012 11:59 AM
Apr 2011
Gintamas great, i'd rate it 10/10 and its among my favourite anime. However the new series should not be allowed up there, it should be for complete series only. Especially after one episode
Oct 6, 2012 12:01 PM
Nov 2010
Combine all three shows, to see how high Gintama really is.
Oct 6, 2012 12:01 PM

Mar 2011
xD
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Oct 6, 2012 12:03 PM

Sep 2007
I'm a bit tired of seeing Gintama plastered all over the top myself. I dropped the first series not even 13 episodes in, I just couldn't stand the comedy, it just wasnt funny at all and certain comedies like Gintama simply do not work for me. I don't see what other people see in the franchise, other than it being juvenile humor. I don't care to argue over what it deserves or does not deserve. That's on an individual basis and opinion. Different strokes for different folks, as they say. That's just my personal issue with the franchise but there's something larger worth questioning.

The larger issue here is the manipulation and suddenness of the rating. I can't take MAL's ratings or rankings very seriously or use them to recommend airing anime to friends at all anymore because they can be manipulated quite easily on the early onset of the show airing and nothing is being done to prevent it. Seriously? After one episode, it's number one? That's quite frankly absurd and dumb. I think the entire way things are graded and ranked needs to change and there should be a healthy dialogue on the problem.
Oct 6, 2012 12:12 PM

Aug 2007
I like Gintama but I don`t really think that it should be first on top because of a one episode.But I do think it deserves it and yeah it`s my opinion.But if it was your most favorite show you wouldn`t say anything.Just because you don`t like it that doesn`t mean it shouldn`t be the first it means there is more fans that think it deserves.

sorry for my poor english
Oct 6, 2012 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
Keep calm and keep watching.
Oct 6, 2012 12:31 PM

Oct 2012
Mikasa said:
The fact that this is no.1 and JJBA's score is 7.5 or something shows that MAL ratings are stupid :O
skapandi said:
Haha oh wow, already?
Oh well.As much as LOGH deserves to be number 1, it beats having shit anime like Code Geass in first place at least.Gintama may not be the best, but it's damn good once you're past it's weaker start.
And yeah, Jojo deserves a way higher average, the first episode was fucking awesome.

Alright! Kindred spirits with avatars of manga characters I really like! I hate the MAL rating system too, and JJBA is far too epic for its 7.somethingish score. People shouldn't be able to judge a new anime by it's first episode already. (i.e. Shinsekai yori and JJBA). I wish I understood how this rating system works more, it's giving me the biggest "Jackie Chan meme face" headache right now.
Oct 6, 2012 12:38 PM

Jan 2008
kondee said:
Mikasa said:
The fact that this is no.1 and JJBA's score is 7.5 or something shows that MAL ratings are stupid :O
skapandi said:
Haha oh wow, already?
Oh well.As much as LOGH deserves to be number 1, it beats having shit anime like Code Geass in first place at least.Gintama may not be the best, but it's damn good once you're past it's weaker start.
And yeah, Jojo deserves a way higher average, the first episode was fucking awesome.

Alright! Kindred spirits with avatars of manga characters I really like! I hate the MAL rating system too, and JJBA is far too epic for its 7.somethingish score. People shouldn't be able to judge a new anime by it's first episode already. (i.e. Shinsekai yori and JJBA). I wish I understood how this rating system works more, it's giving me the biggest "Jackie Chan meme face" headache right now.

If your gonna start talking about JJBA not being in the top when it should be, how is that any different than Gintama being in the top? JJBA has a huge fanbase based on the games and others. It'd be no different than the fans of Gintama rating this seasons as while fans of JJBA rating JJBA. I didn't want to bring this up but it's like when Fate/Zero came out and I'm expecting Little Busters to be like it as well.

Though I will agree that MAL's rating system isn't the best source, but neither are most any other ratings on any site in existence, you'll always be conflicted with certain titles being in the top. If you feel they don't fit, find multiple popular sites and compare, you'll see what titles are top.

Anyways, for JJBA, from what I read in a thread, the series involves multiple stories, and the first one isn't the 'best' one out of them. Phantom Blood was it? Looking at the JJBA manga titles, it's actually the lowest rated of them. (No I have no prior knowledge of the series and I do have it on my PTW).
Oct 6, 2012 12:38 PM

Nov 2010
kondee said:

Here's how it works

How are top anime/manga scores calculated?
Only scores where a user has completed at least 1/5 of the anime/manga are calculated.

Example: If you watched a 26 episode series, this means you would had to have watched at least 5 episodes (26/5.2)=5. We're using 5.2 instead of 5 so we get a whole number for "most" series.

Formula
Weighted Rank (WR) = (v / (v + m)) * S + (m / (v + m)) * C
S = Average score for the Anime (mean).
v = Number of votes for the Anime = (Number of people scoring the Anime).
m = Minimum votes/scores required to get a calculated score (currently 50 scores required).
C = The mean score across the entire Anime DB.
Oct 6, 2012 2:02 PM

Aug 2011
I'm new to Gintama, watching a few scattered episodes here and there. They have great enjoyment value and I can see why it's a highly regarded show. I don't know about number one though. I think MAL Top 50-100ish rankings are pretty much accurate (the only one I firmly disagree with is SAO's high ranking). I'd personally prefer to see FMA:B on top though.

But it's obvious that Enchousen's score is because of the fact that probably 95% of the people watching it are diehard fans and will undoubtedly rate this anime a 9 or 10.
Oct 6, 2012 2:40 PM

Sep 2012
Haters gonna hate , Gators gonna gate. Potatos gonna potate
this is now GintaMAL
Oct 6, 2012 2:41 PM

Jan 2008
LettuceBeHonest said:
this is now GintaMAL

Masters gonna...
Oct 6, 2012 2:42 PM

Jun 2007
Viralz said:
Hey guys.. is Gintama series really that good??!!, i have only watched 17 episodes.. its fine but i am not yet interested to complete it..will it get than that?..what makes you love the anime so much to rate it a 10!!!

It has a slow start for the first ~25 episodes due to focus on character introductions for a rather large cast up to that point - I'd suggest watching up till at least 30 before deciding to drop it or not, so you get a taste of the real show. Don't skip though, as those early episodes are important in terms of knowing the characters and whatnot which is very important for much of the humor.
Oct 6, 2012 2:44 PM

Sep 2012
Viralz said:
Hey guys.. is Gintama series really that good??!!, i have only watched 17 episodes.. its fine but i am not yet interested to complete it..will it get than that?..what makes you love the anime so much to rate it a 10!!!

i've been watching anime since i was like 9 nothing comes close to being as good as Gintama in my opinion

Paul said:
LettuceBeHonest said:
this is now GintaMAL

Masters gonna...

i see what you did there

Edit: Gintama is pleased with the no.1 and 2nd spot

LettuceBeHonestOct 6, 2012 2:48 PM
Oct 6, 2012 2:47 PM

Jun 2012
@JLS
i can surely understand where you're coming from,i didn't enjoy the first episodes either,but if you had kept watching or just skipped to the newer episodes you certainly wouldn't be saying such babble.
Oct 6, 2012 2:48 PM

Oct 2011
Viralz said:

Well it's a comedy, people like comedies. If you like it too then watch it :)
Also there are some nice references to many anime every now and then
Oct 6, 2012 2:56 PM

Jun 2012
@viralz

Most of the first episodes aren't really all that good,so yes i suggest you either skip to the much newer episodes or just keep watching it,i'm quite you will then love it and become one of us cool kids.
Oct 6, 2012 3:00 PM

Sep 2012
i wouldn't skip anything, personally i was hooked right after the 3rd epsiode :D i mean on the first episode you knew it would be an awesome anime when the silver haired samurai just ran away from that Yakzua instead of fighting..

as for the person who said its just a comedy a correction would be that its more than a comedy :) it has serious arcs that and a back story but they choose to ignore it 90% of the time. That's why when a serious arc comes up its better than 99% of shouens i mean fwak what kind of anime can have you in tears and after afew seconds laughing and then again at the edge of your seat. That sums up Gintama :)
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Oct 11, 2012

122 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 28, 2013

180 by lordgaara »»
Apr 25, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyack - Feb 7, 2013

203 by lordgaara »»
Apr 24, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.