Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2022 1:10 PM
Dec 2021
FaAsian said:
Lawrencw said:

Hmm, why? The anime feels closer to the manga now though

I like the way MC behaves doing what he wants and the anime basically has almost all the tags I like.
So since the 1st episode it was good, if keep this pattern and have a good story it should be on my list

But...maybe it's not possible as it seems to have 20 episodes and I don't know how far it will to the manga, you tell me :)

Manga has 50+ chapters. It will adapt till the end of volume 4 of ln, which the manga will catch up to before anime ends.

But yeah, the manga is great
Oct 20, 2022 2:35 PM

Jan 2022
Pretty funny how Cid was ok with being a dog lmao. It is taking it's time, wonder what will happen next.
I like everything, ok
Oct 20, 2022 2:40 PM

Mar 2014
Oh my god the more I watch the mc the more I hate him. The way he died and got reincarnated was so stupid and then the stupid friends and the dumb shit he does it's all so annoying. I don't understand any this insanity
Oct 20, 2022 3:15 PM

Oct 2021
Lawrencw said:
FaAsian said:

I like the way MC behaves doing what he wants and the anime basically has almost all the tags I like.
So since the 1st episode it was good, if keep this pattern and have a good story it should be on my list

But...maybe it's not possible as it seems to have 20 episodes and I don't know how far it will to the manga, you tell me :)

Manga has 50+ chapters. It will adapt till the end of volume 4 of ln, which the manga will catch up to before anime ends.

We are 3 episodes in and it's still on the 4th chapter, I wonder if the anime could even reach the james bond arc.
Oct 20, 2022 6:19 PM

Feb 2022
RedChrome said:
Oh my god the more I watch the mc the more I hate him. The way he died and got reincarnated was so stupid and then the stupid friends and the dumb shit he does it's all so annoying. I don't understand any this insanity

yeah, then don't watch it
Oct 20, 2022 7:49 PM
Apr 2017
LostSpectre said:
akarow12 said:
Dropped this. It's become regular Isekai with edgy protagonist. I think i will reread the manga and catch up with LN to forget how awful this adaptation become.
This episode follows the LN very closely, so I'm not sure what your issue is with it. This is a "regular" isekai, but while also making fun of certain tropes.

the adaptation just bad. cid in anime likes a child who have serious chuninbyou sickness (edgy and cringy) while in manga & LN he act likes a man who dedicated entire life to fulfill his chuninbyoo dream.
Oct 20, 2022 7:58 PM
Dec 2021
The series has improved dramatically now! I was giving it up for lost by the second episode, glad I stuck around.
Oct 20, 2022 9:08 PM

Jan 2013
akarow12 said:
LostSpectre said:
This episode follows the LN very closely, so I'm not sure what your issue is with it. This is a "regular" isekai, but while also making fun of certain tropes.

the adaptation just bad. cid in anime likes a child who have serious chuninbyou sickness (edgy and cringy) while in manga & LN he act likes a man who dedicated entire life to fulfill his chuninbyoo dream.
The anime lacks some context, but if you think he isn't still edgy and cringe in the LN, we read two different books.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 20, 2022 9:12 PM

Jan 2013
ZamielPayne said:
Give me spoiler, will he eventually know that the cult really existed all along?
It wouldn't happen before the end of the series, it would ruin the entire joke. I hope they can keep it (semi) believable though.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 21, 2022 7:39 AM
Aug 2020
the ep was fine, not expecting anything
Oct 21, 2022 9:25 AM

Aug 2021
i fail to see what this show is trying to tell but at the same time it's actually decently entertaining so i suppose it's fine
Oct 21, 2022 11:22 AM
Jan 2017
I personally feel this episode has outdone both its manga and LN counterparts for this scenario, especially with the smooth transitions and timings, which is otherwise impossible to control if it was not in anime form.

Choreography is still meh but I think I am enjoying this more than episode 1 and 2 and have higher anticipation for the series as a whole now, despite reading part of the source material already.
Oct 21, 2022 12:56 PM
Mar 2021
I do like the "seems to be extremely normal, but actually a badass hiding their power levels" trope, although it's seldom well-executed. But here the series is taking a deadpan comedy angle, so it works really well, especially with Cid being someone who stumbles backwards into success and isn't really all that aside from secretly being really good at combat and moderately intelligent at improvisation and bullshitting. But in terms of character he's kind of not a good person? Which is probably always true of someone hiding their intelligence and pretending to be normal. If you're prepared to live that dishonestly, even if you end up doing good things it'll probably be for selfish reasons. After all, his concealment of his power is arrogance, not modesty. It's chuuni delusion, lol.

I was working on a character who is kind of similar, except instead of being a chuuni they're sandbagging in a military academy to prompt a discharge, but there's a similar level of quiet contempt and distance from their peers that isn't necessary. Cid would probably be happier and have a better time at school if he stopped being so fake, but lol, chuuni gotta chuuni.
Oct 21, 2022 1:37 PM
Jan 2018
Finally! Some actual characterization!
Oct 21, 2022 4:08 PM

Jan 2015
Lawrencw said:
FaAsian said:

ok thanks, i'll keep up to date ^^
Trying my best with english d-_-b
Oct 21, 2022 4:26 PM
Mar 2021
to rate this episode I kind of need more for comparison. Because it doesn't solve a thing. I assume that everything will be resolved in next episode, basically making it a part 1.
Oct 21, 2022 4:31 PM
Apr 2017
LostSpectre said:
akarow12 said:

The anime lacks some context, but if you think he isn't still edgy and cringe in the LN, we read two different books.
the thing is i like edgy and cringe mc (i blame watamote for this), but the execution in anime is just bad, thinks a same joke but one delivered by funny person and other just plainly read the script.
It seems you followed the LN, i am curious what you liked from anime since it's seems gets well reception eventough have some flaw here and there?
Oct 21, 2022 6:35 PM
Jul 2017
Way better than the first two episodes, maybe this is going somewhere
Oct 21, 2022 7:12 PM

May 2019
Decent episode but somewhat confused as to what's going on. Early on I figured out later that the opening scene must've been when Cid got killed by a truck, and later on it fast forwards to his current isekaied timeline where he enrolls at the same university as his sister.

Later on, I figured there was a reason why Alexia said yes to Cid and we find out it's so she can avoid having to date Zenon. What I'm wondering about though is, if he is accused of possibly kidnapping Alexia, what about the train conductor guy that opened the door for her? We saw she get out but not Cid (I'm assuming he has a different exit). There's a witness there but I'm guessing he'll still be falsely accused and then Cid will reveal his true power or something and eventually find her.
Oct 21, 2022 7:35 PM
Nov 2017
keeping the story interesting is part of a great comedy.
Oct 22, 2022 1:55 AM
Nov 2021
well there wasn't that much stuff that I liked tbh. The fake relationship with the princess was good but it was just good nothing more or less.
Oct 22, 2022 4:29 AM

Aug 2014
This show is getting interesting. I like that Yandere girl lol
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 22, 2022 12:32 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This episode has won me over, mainly because of Alexia, I did like the girl from episode 1, and I do enjoy the MC, but the whole Shadow Garden just feel so off for me, probably because there is zero development or things to have me care for them.
And it seems like they will be the focus moving on, whereas Alexia is solely a side character... I will watch this for the comedy which has been enjoyable (but I want to check both manga and LN), but without any expectations since a good part of the characters I dont care about and find bland and unninteresting, when interacting with the MC.

At least Alexia had some spice to her.
Oct 22, 2022 1:04 PM
Jan 2021
The op is batshit insane lmao
Oct 22, 2022 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
Playcool said:
This episode has won me over, mainly because of Alexia, I did like the girl from episode 1, and I do enjoy the MC, but the whole Shadow Garden just feel so off for me, probably because there is zero development or things to have me care for them.
And it seems like they will be the focus moving on, whereas Alexia is solely a side character... I will watch this for the comedy which has been enjoyable (but I want to check both manga and LN), but without any expectations since a good part of the characters I dont care about and find bland and unninteresting, when interacting with the MC.

At least Alexia had some spice to her.
It seems weird to me to have any concrete opinions about the girls of Shadow Garden, since as you said, there's been no development yet.
Oct 22, 2022 1:17 PM
May 2021
best episode in this week
Oct 22, 2022 3:13 PM

Sep 2007
The bit about her tempting him with coins and him acting like a dog was probably the most hilarious part so far. (sitting cross legged and stretching over to get that first coin on the floor also strangely didin't look weird to me just LOL)

otherwise... ARG darn cliffhangers!
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Oct 22, 2022 3:33 PM

Feb 2018
Nice that Kana Hanazawa is voicing a character. Maybe we'll see more?
His plan for staying in the shadows isn't going too well...
Still not really sure what to think of this, but after 3 episodes I'd say its heading in the direction of just being generic.
Oct 22, 2022 10:52 PM
Jul 2014
it was okay for what it was, not alot of development, tho i feel like this is a turning point to either make it a good anime or a crap anime
Oct 22, 2022 11:33 PM
Oct 2022
I love in anime kage
Oct 23, 2022 12:32 AM

Feb 2021
Still seems a bit fast paced, but hey, I'm getting used to it. Not quite sure what to think of this show, but I'll keep watching because its entertaining enough.
Oct 23, 2022 4:36 AM
Aug 2021
why is this guy always in unfortunate situations, I don't think it's that hard to stay lowkey
Oct 23, 2022 4:54 AM
Dec 2021
it was not what i expected and this anime is like a Mr.Beast video diffrent every single time
Oct 23, 2022 5:36 AM

Jan 2013
NizuruNapp88 said:
why is this guy always in unfortunate situations, I don't think it's that hard to stay lowkey
Well, he doesn't know he's actually the protagonist of the story, he thinks he's this mastermind who works in the shadows. lol
Oct 23, 2022 6:32 AM
Jul 2022
I love the episode and it was pretty similar to a scene, you know which anime I am referring to 😁😁
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 23, 2022 9:10 AM
Feb 2021
I'ts a nice story but I don't really know if I want to continue it
Oct 23, 2022 4:40 PM

Feb 2009
That Isekai that you didn't give anything to, but is now looking forward to the next episodes because it's so good

Aquele Isekai que você não dava nada, mas que agora está ficando ansiosa pelos próximos episódios de tão bom que está.
Oct 23, 2022 8:20 PM
Jun 2015
That was the weirdest death scene I have ever saw when Cid/Minoru just banged his head onto a boulder and then ran to the streets and gets hit by trunk kun... And that Alexia is treating Cid to be a dog just like Makima did to Denji. I wonder what will happen next?
KathlynMireiOct 23, 2022 8:24 PM
Oct 23, 2022 8:22 PM
Sep 2014
i pray for more funny moments from the manga so i can get more points from meme clips
Oct 24, 2022 7:19 AM

Aug 2018
I didn't understand the final dialogue with the princess, why she got so mad?
Oct 24, 2022 10:03 AM
Jan 2015
More episodes like this would make this a good anime
Oct 24, 2022 11:02 AM
Jun 2021
Favorite of the Fall season! Cid is goat.
Oct 25, 2022 1:45 AM
Oct 2016
i know how many scene be skipped and this great adaptation for nice manga
i hope this series continues until end very fun to watching this series story
Oct 25, 2022 4:52 AM
Nov 2018
Not gonna lie, the first was an interesting cause I wasn't expecting it, the second felt kind of rushed but by the third really hit the right stride for me, can't wait to see where the rest of this series goes, cause it got me hooked, p.s. Praise the three episode rule!!
Oct 25, 2022 11:24 AM
Jul 2021
weld we have another dog this ss anime :))
Oct 25, 2022 12:11 PM
Apr 2010
why he always says i want to be jitsusomethig shadow, which is the name of the anime eminence in shadow, which is spoken like it has some meaning and not just gibberish
or is it like the same category as i want to be president or astronaut
Oct 25, 2022 4:57 PM
Sep 2022
Estou gostando da trama e do anime em geral.

Oct 25, 2022 10:38 PM
Mar 2015
That was boring episode
Oct 25, 2022 11:36 PM

Aug 2017
MC tries to live the background character school life.
Proceeds to fail at it as he gets the attention of the entire school.
He becomes the boyfriend of the most popular girl ever.
Popular girl compensates him with money to act all lovey dovey with her.
Does fencing practice with her.
Absolute win win.

Until she doesn't return to her dorm last night and shit goes down.

Oct 26, 2022 3:53 AM

Feb 2018
Nice episode. That angle when Cid bent down to stare at the coin lmao. And also that moment he demolished that ice-cream cone O.o

Never ending plan to watch list...

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

186 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

765 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

149 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

193 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

165 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 2:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.