Forum Settings
Forums

Are you a closet anime fan or an open anime fan?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 5, 2022 10:16 PM

Feb 2020
Definitely an open anime fan......
Dec 5, 2022 10:37 PM

Feb 2014
Everyone knows. Even people who don't know me knows because my phone case is printed with whatever anime is my current favorite at the moment. Same with the shirt I swear when going out. Lol.
Dec 5, 2022 10:53 PM
Nov 2021
Im both. It depends upon the situation im in.Mostly im a closet anime fan but when I see some other anime fans I go all out.
Dec 5, 2022 11:11 PM

Feb 2021
Akil29 said:
Im both. It depends upon the situation im in.Mostly im a closet anime fan but when I see some other anime fans I go all out.

I am the same, yes. Also both for me too.
Dec 6, 2022 12:24 AM

Jun 2017
I have plenty of friends who like anime so I talk about it freely with them of course. I don't really hide it though, if I meet new people they know pretty early on that I watch anime but how much I talk about it depends on their interest. If they clearly have no interest in anime of course I'm not going to talk about it much if at all, but otherwise I might mention a show or two as something they could get into
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dec 6, 2022 3:59 AM

Jan 2021
When I'm back in my home city, I'm open and chill about it. But when I'm at university, because it's in an area where not many people are open to other cultures, I guess....I try not to, because it'll be the same old discussion of: You watch cartoons at your age?

Tipsy and giddy, away with all the riddles
Unbeknown and unconsumed they shine
The heart of the fire rekindles
Without needing to cross any line
Dec 6, 2022 4:16 AM

Jul 2014
If the person I know isn't into anime, I don't open up or talk about it unless I'm asked. Otherwise, I'm open about it, its not like I'm doing something wrong and I could care less about the norm. Imagine a life where we all the same , that would be so boring lol
Dec 6, 2022 4:27 AM

Jun 2020
I use anime for social media profile picture and have some merchandises so I think people I know in real-life know that I watch them. Even though I joined Japanese media club in my school, I won't talk about it if someone doesn't bring it up to the conversation.
It reminds me I used to scream cringe anime line and I thought I'm cool with that lol.
Dec 6, 2022 4:24 PM

May 2021
It's no like I'm keeping it a secret. I don't tell people only because they never asked and nobody cares. I don't mind telling people at all that I'm an anime fan.

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Dec 8, 2022 4:02 PM

Jul 2010
I'm selective when I'm talking about anime, I choose to tell to people who also watch or would understand. In other cases when someone finds out I watch anime and tells some lame joke I say something like "Yeah, I enjoy those Japanese cartoons." or "Yeah, yeah, I watch hentai all day long." lol
Dec 8, 2022 5:22 PM

May 2021
Well, some of my friends watch too, I mean, I am not hiding it or anything when it comes to it
Dec 8, 2022 5:31 PM

Jul 2022
Now that I'm married I can do whatever I want, so I've added a few anime shirts to the regular rotation
Dec 8, 2022 5:35 PM

Mar 2018
I am quite literally doing one of my grad school finals on middle-grade appropriate manga, lol. I'm just a menace
Dec 8, 2022 5:53 PM

Oct 2020
I'm not telling it but i won't deny if someone ask me first.

Dec 8, 2022 6:59 PM

Oct 2012
Typically closet, I've always been that way though and growing up if you liked Anime... well..

I'm a 90s kid so that stuff was just starting to gain a small bit of traction in the US but.. most people saw you as weird or a creep if you liked it.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» How to deal with anime backlog??

Xenofight - May 22

28 by DesuMaiden »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Anime with better story than art

ST63LTH - May 23

26 by mshfqtny »»
1 minute ago

» What are some anime moments that made you kiss the screen?

Catalano - May 13

23 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» Name 1 or 2 characters you've seen that have the best thighs/ass

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by DX_impulse »»
16 minutes ago

» Has a canon ship ever ruined a show for you?

Dragevard - Yesterday

29 by LoveYourSmile »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.