Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 4, 2022 5:54 PM

Aug 2014
I highly doubt that there will be another action anime with very high production values like AOT (background music, intensity, atmosphere).

I really dont see any anime studio putting themselves through that stress ever again.

Remember, AOT is only good because the anime makes it epic. Ive seen the manga and its trash quality. WIT and MAPPA are the real MVP here for making an intense anime of almost 100 episodes.
Apr 4, 2022 6:09 PM
Feb 2022
D_Doc said:
MyllerPhiem said:

None of them are Attack on Titan-level, lol
Rezero recent season was bad. Like shit level bad.
JJK is a cliche shonen. Literally cliche from head to toes. But story is great tho. Chainsaw man?? I don't think the concept of chain saws instead of heads can beat the freedom concept of AoT. Wut is 86?? I think u meant 69. Mushoku tensei? Don't know.
he is talking about season 2
It's not cliche even at nails
Apr 4, 2022 6:22 PM

May 2016
kingsley_017 said:
Will there be any anime as Influential and Impactful as Aot in the near future?
Like series before it there will always be another impactful series in the future. Start exploring more manga and anime, you never know that one series might already be there
Apr 4, 2022 6:26 PM

May 2016
D_Doc said:
MyllerPhiem said:

None of them are Attack on Titan-level, lol
Rezero recent season was bad. Like shit level bad.
JJK is a cliche shonen. Literally cliche from head to toes. But story is great tho. Chainsaw man?? I don't think the concept of chain saws instead of heads can beat the freedom concept of AoT. Wut is 86?? I think u meant 69. Mushoku tensei? Don't know.
Instead of doubting why not just check them out. No point comparing other works to AoT and holding them to that standard
Apr 5, 2022 2:23 AM
Jan 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:
imbAF said:

Really? What was one anime that was able to break outside of the anime community, and was watched by casuals of different ages? Name 3
Is this a serious question?

Pokemon & Digimon
Dragonball
Naruto
Demon Slayer
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop

I can probably name more.

https://www.google.com/search?q=most+in+demand+tv+show+2021&gl=us&hl=en&pws=0&source=hp&ei=hQlMYvvkJdDQaLeFrvAD&iflsig=AHkkrS4AAAAAYkwXlXkEa2SHdYMMEspKCue-Kw4_Fco1&ved=0ahUKEwi7u6ziy_z2AhVQKBoKHbeCCz4Q4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=most+in+demand+tv+show+2021&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCGAzoFCAAQkQI6BAgAEEM6DgguEIAEEMcBENEDENQCOgsILhCABBDHARCjAjoOCC4QgAQQxwEQowIQ1AI6BQguEIAEOgcILhDUAhBDOggIABCABBDJA1AAWMomYN8naABwAHgBgAHiAYgBvxCSAQYyMy4zLjGYAQCgAQE&sclient=gws-wiz

AOT is the F I R S T JAPANESE TV SHOW/ ANIME that was able to achieve this. It's the most reviewed anime on IMDB. The only japanese show to be in tv track top 50 shows. Which is used as a metric of popularity. Are you implying that pokemon or DS, are watched from casuals 30+ years old outside of the anime community?? You were saying again???
Apr 5, 2022 3:44 AM

Feb 2016
You gotta watch more anime. You just go need to discover more to get your question answered.
Apr 5, 2022 3:48 AM

Oct 2021
ComboSmooth said:
Im sure something will show eventually to be super influential, but it certainly won't be chainsaw man.

Chainsaw man is trash. Like it may be salvageable if the animators can make the action look like anything, but the plot, story, characters, humor and probably more are all that is bad. Which means that even if chainsaw man is the hot shit of the season, it will be forgotten about afterwards.
I think chainsaw man will have as much influence as tokyo ghoul did. Aka the edgelords will luv it.
Out of all the dumb takes in this thread you managed to voice the single most idiotic opinion. If you read CSM and didn't like it you are a loser. Fact, not an opinion. Chainsaw Man is objectively amazing, again, that's a fact, not an opinion.
Apr 5, 2022 4:05 AM
Feb 2022
Psycho_Goku said:
ComboSmooth said:
Im sure something will show eventually to be super influential, but it certainly won't be chainsaw man.

Chainsaw man is trash. Like it may be salvageable if the animators can make the action look like anything, but the plot, story, characters, humor and probably more are all that is bad. Which means that even if chainsaw man is the hot shit of the season, it will be forgotten about afterwards.
I think chainsaw man will have as much influence as tokyo ghoul did. Aka the edgelords will luv it.
Out of all the dumb takes in this thread you managed to voice the single most idiotic opinion. If you read CSM and didn't like it you are a loser. Fact, not an opinion. Chainsaw Man is objectively amazing, again, that's a fact, not an opinion.
out of all the idiots here you proved yourself to be the most toxic brat a small kid who can't respect other opinions

I am a fan of CSM, but you shitheads really made the FANDOM look like the most toxic one, after Aot

Stop pretending that your opinions are superior to others, neither you nor the rest of the shitty etlists who are trying to make CSM look like some etlist stuff just to raise hate towards it are anything more than dumb retards

And you are even nothing more than an alt account
Ok now fuck off!
Apr 5, 2022 4:19 AM

Oct 2021
Sanjii_1234 said:
Psycho_Goku said:
out of all the idiots here you proved yourself to be the most toxic brat a small kid who can't respect other opinions

I am a fan of CSM, but you shitheads really made the FANDOM look like the most toxic one, after Aot

Stop pretending that your opinions are superior to others, neither you nor the rest of the shitty etlists who are trying to make CSM look like some etlist stuff just to raise hate towards it are anything more than dumb retards

Ok now fuck off!
All I said was that Chainsaw Man is objectively amazing, which is obviously a factual truth based on empirical research and quantifiable measures. People that hate CSM are not real anime/manga fans, this has also been confirmed by various peer-reviewed studies.
Apr 5, 2022 5:03 AM
Nov 2014
kingsley_017 said:

NGE is basically AOT before AOT happened, so yes I believe it can happen again.
Apr 5, 2022 5:12 AM
Feb 2022
Psycho_Goku said:
Sanjii_1234 said:

Ok now fuck off!
All I said was that Chainsaw Man is objectively amazing, which is obviously a factual truth based on empirical research and quantifiable measures. People that hate CSM are not real anime/manga fans, this has also been confirmed by various peer-reviewed studies.
See, I love CSM too and I agree with you that it's really one of the best battle shonen
But I am not an idiot to tag someone as "rEaL mAnGa/aNiMe FaN", and please don't make the CSM fanbase look like some idiotic etlist shitheads by babbling this shit.

We all are Just fucking Anime/Manga watchers, there is nothing we do different atleast here, that makes us superior to one another, so don't behave like a retard.

That's all, sorry if I was so harsh
Apr 5, 2022 5:23 AM

Apr 2012
Reaperoflight said:
kingsley_017 said:

I'm enjoying AoT, but pls, AoT is kiddy-trash compared to NGE.

NGE will forever be a timeless masterpiece and will be referenced even in 50 years by new shows. AoT will be long forgotten by then in favor of the latest fancy shounen/seinen-series.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Apr 5, 2022 6:04 AM
Nov 2014
MyllerPhiem said:
Reaperoflight said:

NGE will forever be a timeless masterpiece and will be referenced even in 50 years by new shows. AoT will be long forgotten by then in favor of the latest fancy shounen/seinen-series.

Only time will tell if that's true.
Apr 5, 2022 6:05 AM

Aug 2010
Psycho_Goku said:
ComboSmooth said:

You're just an edgelord im sure.
CSM is straight up nonsensical and the art is also kind of a mess. The artist clearly cant draw action. Crap story telling and crapish art are enough for me to call it a crap manga.

Meanwhile, you see a sweaty, lifeless pervert you can easily project onto (because you are a dumb, sweaty, unfunny, lifeless pervert) with a chainsaw split through his arm and think its the coolest thing you've ever seen and thus it must be the best manga to ever exist.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Apr 5, 2022 6:36 AM
May 2021
imbAF said:
KneelBeforeMe said:

Pokemon & Digimon
Dragonball
Naruto
Demon Slayer
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop

https://www.google.com/search?q=most+in+demand+tv+show+2021&gl=us&hl=en&pws=0&source=hp&ei=hQlMYvvkJdDQaLeFrvAD&iflsig=AHkkrS4AAAAAYkwXlXkEa2SHdYMMEspKCue-Kw4_Fco1&ved=0ahUKEwi7u6ziy_z2AhVQKBoKHbeCCz4Q4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=most+in+demand+tv+show+2021&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCGAzoFCAAQkQI6BAgAEEM6DgguEIAEEMcBENEDENQCOgsILhCABBDHARCjAjoOCC4QgAQQxwEQowIQ1AI6BQguEIAEOgcILhDUAhBDOggIABCABBDJA1AAWMomYN8naABwAHgBgAHiAYgBvxCSAQYyMy4zLjGYAQCgAQE&sclient=gws-wiz

AOT is the F I R S T JAPANESE TV SHOW/ ANIME that was able to achieve this. It's the most reviewed anime on IMDB. The only japanese show to be in tv track top 50 shows. Which is used as a metric of popularity. Are you implying that pokemon or DS, are watched from casuals 30+ years old outside of the anime community?? You were saying again???

Parrot Analytics started in 2011 and gets its data from the internet, where westerners are the predominant userbase in large forums. Same goes for IMDB. That means they can neither evaluate Pokemon or DB's popularity at their peaks, nor can they make a 100% correct analysis using only online and west-centric data.
Apr 5, 2022 10:32 AM

Oct 2021
ComboSmooth said:
Psycho_Goku said:

CSM is straight up nonsensical and the art is also kind of a mess. The artist clearly cant draw action. Crap story telling and crapish art are enough for me to call it a crap manga.

Meanwhile, you see a sweaty, lifeless pervert you can easily project onto (because you are a dumb, sweaty, unfunny, lifeless pervert) with a chainsaw split through his arm and think its the coolest thing you've ever seen and thus it must be the best manga to ever exist.
Want me to hand you a tissue over there? Imagine being on the verge of tears simply because Chainsaw Man is objectively a modern classic. Your incoherent ramblings have no effect on CSM's unprecedented critical acclaim and incomprehensible quality of writing. A masterpiece will stay a masterpiece no matter how many mental breakdowns it will cause you.
Apr 5, 2022 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
Psycho_Goku said:
ComboSmooth said:

Want me to hand you a tissue over there? Imagine being on the verge of tears simply because Chainsaw Man is objectively a modern classic. Your incoherent ramblings have no effect on CSM's unprecedented critical acclaim and incomprehensible quality of writing. A masterpiece will stay a masterpiece no matter how many mental breakdowns it will cause you.

Says the troll who's account only exists to troll and jerk off too csm. Get a life scrub
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Apr 5, 2022 11:45 AM

Apr 2012
Reaperoflight said:
MyllerPhiem said:

Only time will tell if that's true.

I'm 36, will tell you "I was right" when I'm 86, alright.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Apr 5, 2022 12:04 PM

Apr 2013
imbAF said:
KneelBeforeMe said:

Pokemon & Digimon
Dragonball
Naruto
Demon Slayer
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop

This is a waste of my time with the amount of cherry picking and contradiction you write in your posts. First you ask for a single anime then in the same sentence ask for three. I gave you a list of series that have broken outside of the anime community which, yes, pokemon & digimon (as well as yugioh and beyblade) have done in the early 2000s even if it was mostly among a similar age group. Are you going to tell me that only hardcore anime fans have watched the big 3? Dragonball? Death Note? Cowboy bebop? Demon Slayer? Only kids watched those shows? Foh.

And after all that you pull some random data out of your ass that has been collected since the 2010s, when I've included shows from the early 2000s and even the 1990s, as if it validated your original point, which it didn't. Mentioning IMDB as if it mattered is just the cherry on top.
Apr 5, 2022 1:36 PM
Jan 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:
imbAF said:

This is a waste of my time with the amount of cherry picking and contradiction you write in your posts. First you ask for a single anime then in the same sentence ask for three. I gave you a list of series that have broken outside of the anime community which, yes, pokemon & digimon (as well as yugioh and beyblade) have done in the early 2000s even if it was mostly among a similar age group. Are you going to tell me that only hardcore anime fans have watched the big 3? Dragonball? Death Note? Cowboy bebop? Demon Slayer? Only kids watched those shows? Foh.

And after all that you pull some random data out of your ass that has been collected since the 2010s, when I've included shows from the early 2000s and even the 1990s, as if it validated your original point, which it didn't. Mentioning IMDB as if it mattered is just the cherry on top.

You mean random ass data from random ass site like Guinness world record ?
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/highest-critical-review-ratings-for-a-tv-show#:~:text=Attack%20on%20Titan%20(MBS%2C%20Japan,of%20the%20average%20TV%20show.

Are you telling me that in the 2000s a 30+ years old casual used to watch pokemon? Or Dragonball? Because certainly that's the case with AOT. Oh and btw, so you can be more butthurt : https://news.yahoo.com/anime-series-most-demand-show-220016656.html
Apr 5, 2022 1:36 PM
Jan 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:
imbAF said:

IMBD, MAL, Crunchyroll, Rottentommatoe, idk what bootleg site you use, but these are usually the sites people visit the most. But gimmy more salt, I need that
Apr 5, 2022 3:17 PM
Aug 2020
kingsley_017 said:

Hope not. AoT is overrated garbage with a terrible ending and an incompetent mangaka who was making stuff up as he went along . The fanbase is also obnoxious. Let's pray that we don't get another anime which has unfulfilled potential because it gets ruined by a disgraceful ending.
Apr 5, 2022 3:43 PM
Mar 2021
aktiwkunn said:
let me tell you an anime far better written than AOT.

watch Monogatari rn

facts best anime I've ever watched.
Apr 5, 2022 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
cosmin410 said:
KlYOTAKA said:
mf read what I said I clearly said the answer's of people I see here were like " next season of anime like Mushoku,JJK,Rezero will be impactfull".

open your brain and eye's while reading pls.

i dont know bro. you just said, i quote: " I am sure about it." after telling what people wrote here. So probably i misunderstod.
Also how was eva impactful? Well eva created the mecha genre
Just a small correction, Eva didn't create the mecha genre. Mecha has been around since the late 60s/early70s.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Apr 5, 2022 4:20 PM
May 2021
imbAF said:
KneelBeforeMe said:

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/highest-critical-review-ratings-for-a-tv-show#:~:text=Attack%20on%20Titan%20(MBS%2C%20Japan,of%20the%20average%20TV%20show.

Are you telling me that in the 2000s a 30+ years old casual used to watch pokemon? Or Dragonball? Because certainly that's the case with AOT. Oh and btw, so you can be more butthurt : https://news.yahoo.com/anime-series-most-demand-show-220016656.html

Lol idk if you've heard but Guinness is shit when it comes to records that aren't already recorded by other, more reputable, organizations. Yahoo news used the same source so it isn't a lot better.

And yes, it's probably the case with AoT in the west, as I've said earlier. In a few Asian countries, ~40 year olds with no interest in anime can know jack shit about AoT but be able to recount some parts of DB and Pokemon.

imbAF said:
IMBD, MAL, Crunchyroll, Rottentommatoe, idk what bootleg site you use, but these are usually the sites people visit the most. But gimmy more salt, I need that

Sites that westerners/English users visit the most* So yes, they don't give a good idea of what the most popular show in the whole world (which, fun fact, isn't just America + Europe)
Apr 5, 2022 10:26 PM

Apr 2021
forkman69 said:
aktiwkunn said:
let me tell you an anime far better written than AOT.

watch Monogatari rn

Can you please tell me where are you reading the off and monster season ?
Is it translated?
I love Monogatari Series
Apr 5, 2022 11:51 PM
Mar 2021
aktiwkunn said:
forkman69 said:

Can you please tell me where are you reading the off and monster season ?
Is it translated?
I haven't read monster or off season yet I only own 1st season.
Apr 5, 2022 11:59 PM
Jan 2021
PresE2PayRespect said:
imbAF said:

Lol idk if you've heard but Guinness is shit when it comes to records that aren't already recorded by other, more reputable, organizations. Yahoo news used the same source so it isn't a lot better.

And yes, it's probably the case with AoT in the west, as I've said earlier. In a few Asian countries, ~40 year olds with no interest in anime can know jack shit about AoT but be able to recount some parts of DB and Pokemon.

imbAF said:

Sites that westerners/English users visit the most* So yes, they don't give a good idea of what the most popular show in the whole world (which, fun fact, isn't just America + Europe)

This is what I want, more salt and more coping
Apr 6, 2022 12:00 AM
May 2021
imbAF said:
PresE2PayRespect said:

Apr 6, 2022 12:01 AM
Jan 2021
Schwarznight said:
kingsley_017 said:

Hope not. AoT is overrated garbage with a terrible ending and an incompetent mangaka who was making stuff up as he went along . The fanbase is also obnoxious. Let's pray that we don't get another anime which has unfulfilled potential because it gets ruined by a disgraceful ending.

Shits onyour favorite. If you consider story, animation, character development, ost, voice acting, aot SHITS on your favorite or w/e else there is. Simple fact. AOT ain't your average anime. Now cry more
Apr 6, 2022 6:01 AM
Aug 2020
imbAF said:
Schwarznight said:

Shits onyour favorite. If you consider story, animation, character development, ost, voice acting, aot SHITS on your favorite or w/e else there is. Simple fact. AOT ain't your average anime. Now cry more

I don't take the opinion of a teenager very seriously. The story is trash. The ending makes or breaks a story, and AoT will have a disastrous ending if it adapts the manga. This is a fact. Anyone who thinks that the ending is great has a very low IQ.
Apr 6, 2022 9:44 AM
Aug 2020
LiterallyHou said:
Schwarznight said:

I don't take the opinion of a teenager very seriously. The story is trash. The ending makes or breaks a story, and AoT will have a disastrous ending if it adapts the manga. This is a fact. Anyone who thinks that the ending is great has a very low IQ.

People boasting about age and intelligence don't come off as anything above 60 IQ when they rate School Days a 6 and have Naruto in their favorites, even if the ending in question is lacklustre relative to the rest of the story. Sad, I didn't even have to click anything on your profile to find this embarrassing stuff.

I gave school days 6/10 and gave my justification in my review, which I bet you didn't read. Not exactly a masterpiece, but it was amusing in a twisted way. I started Naruto ages ago and didn't score it in the end. I dropped it towards the end. Still, within long-running battle shounens, Naruto is one of the better ones (bet you didn't read my description note next to Naruto either). I just owned you, clown. Just another pathetic AoT fan who can't see its flaws. There is a difference between a lackluster ending and a diabolical garbage ending. A garbage ending could undo everything before it and leave a very bitter taste.
SchwarznightApr 6, 2022 10:01 AM
Apr 6, 2022 10:26 AM
Aug 2020
LiterallyHou said:
Schwarznight said:

I gave school days 6/10 and gave my justification in my review, which I bet you didn't read. Not exactly a masterpiece, but it was amusing in a twisted way. I started Naruto ages ago and didn't score it in the end. I dropped it towards the end. Clown. Just another pathetic AoT fan who can't see the flaws.

Yeah, I didn't have the interest to dig through your profile to better understand why you'd rate one heinous show a 6 and have another mediocre one in your favorites while shitting on AoT and acting big brain. The important thing here is you look like you're honking your nose doing this with that questionable profile of yours. And this seems to be trend with all these seethers. Oh well, don't get too upset at me over this, I've still seen far worse from users, and at least you have Gintama in there.

Well, next time actually bother to read my descriptions and reviews before jumping to conclusions. Unlike most AoT dkriders, I actually give justifications for most of my scores. If you had actually bothered reading my school days review, you'd have known that I can understand why some would rate it high and low. I even mentioned in that review why people might rate it poorly. AoT's fanbase is complete garbage.
Apr 6, 2022 11:18 AM
Mar 2012
I see a lot of comments about highly rated modern shows like JoJo, FMAB, ReZero, MT etc. but while those are excellent they share little in common with AOT. For me the most similar show to AOT is from the 80s.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is the closest to AOT in scope and genre, in particular post-S3 Shingeki. A socio-political sci-fi epic with many complex, interweaving storylines. Characters are realistic and distinct, each with their own ideologies and inner conflicts. Perhaps most significantly, both AOT and LOGH discuss the cyclical nature of war, and share many similarities with events we have seen in our own history.

For a more modern equivalent of AOT there's 86 (S1 ended last month), very much a new kid on the block compared to the two aforementioned. It shares a similar premise with S1-3 Shingeki (the world as we know is under threat from mysterious entities whose purpose is humanity's extinction), albeit its focus on war is more on a micro than macro level i.e. we're more involved with the exploits of its protagonists than the world-building.
Apr 7, 2022 2:56 PM
Mar 2022
FrizFroz said:
I see a lot of comments about highly rated modern shows like JoJo, FMAB, ReZero, MT etc. but while those are excellent they share little in common with AOT. For me the most similar show to AOT is from the 80s.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is the closest to AOT in scope and genre, in particular post-S3 Shingeki. A socio-political sci-fi epic with many complex, interweaving storylines. Characters are realistic and distinct, each with their own ideologies and inner conflicts. Perhaps most significantly, both AOT and LOGH discuss the cyclical nature of war, and share many similarities with events we have seen in our own history.

For a more modern equivalent of AOT there's 86 (S1 ended last month), very much a new kid on the block compared to the two aforementioned. It shares a similar premise with S1-3 Shingeki (the world as we know is under threat from mysterious entities whose purpose is humanity's extinction), albeit its focus on war is more on a micro than macro level i.e. we're more involved with the exploits of its protagonists than the world-building.

Based and veteranpilled.
Apr 7, 2022 7:33 PM
Mar 2022
GreiLugaj said:
You say it like AoT is the most influential and impactful anime ever createdđź’€ It ain't even close.

Would that be pokemon then ?
Apr 8, 2022 2:13 AM

Oct 2021
86 is literally AOT with
Young_ForeverApr 8, 2022 5:44 AM
Apr 8, 2022 5:06 AM
Mar 2022
_anisthist said:
86 is literally AOT with
with what? Mecha ?
Apr 8, 2022 5:40 AM

Oct 2021
cyf1986 said:
_anisthist said:
86 is literally AOT with
with what? Mecha?
86 is literally AOT. With the titans' role being played by the legion. Darn it! forgot to type the whole sentence.
Young_ForeverApr 8, 2022 5:43 AM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.