Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 24, 2017 2:30 PM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
It seems Yoshida is back, so this will pretty much be Zexal 2.0. GG.
but since the one from the original yugioh in the staff as well it intresting combination
Mar 24, 2017 2:35 PM

Sep 2016
RayofVictory said:
yeah since Zexal is the best ygo entry with constant improvement each episode till the final episode.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 24, 2017 4:23 PM
Jun 2011
GangsterCat said:
RayofVictory said:
yeah since Zexal is the best ygo entry with constant improvement each episode till the final episode.
also consider that one of the stuff is from the original yugioh it will intresting mix
Mar 24, 2017 4:41 PM

Jan 2013
GangsterCat said:
RayofVictory said:

agree , the way zexal started as a typical children anime and then turned into war of different worlds,ideologies,desires was pretty great

people who bash zexal probably didnt even watch it and the fact thats its below 7 while arc v is 7.5 is a bit of a travesty but oh well

tho i bet VRAINS will be loved by most, it has a non childish mc that is a pro gamr hacker double life solves mysteries etc , all set in a world where internet vr is the norm. A perfect cocktail of what our generation loves and konami knows it and is going all out.
Mar 24, 2017 11:33 PM

Oct 2014
My problem with Yoshida is that he writes the exact same story with the exact same character stereotypes filling the exact same roles, with the exact same twists happening the exact same way. Every. Single. Time. Have you watched DOMA, Dark Signers and Zexal? They you already know exactly how Vrains will play out, since it will be a repeat of those. Not to mention he can't write female characters even if his life depends on it, so RIP Aoi's relevance, we barely knew you. I give her 1 arc max, before becoming Kotori 2.0.

elior1 said:
RayofVictory said:
but since the one from the original yugioh in the staff as well it intresting combination

He's only the sound compositor though, he won't have any actual influence on the story and the characters. At least the OST will be good.
Mar 24, 2017 11:34 PM

Aug 2015
As long as it's not Katsumi Ono,I'm happy.The guy literally destroyed Arc-V.Plus Yoshida is writing the amazing Arc-V manga, so I'm expecting the show to be a bit childish at first but full of plot and char development. The only bad thing is that Yoshida is terrible when it comes to writing females.😑😑
Also the new synopsys and preview.Like wow.May please come faster😍😍😍
Ps. Listened to the Jojo op.Not my style,but still nice.
Mar 24, 2017 11:53 PM
Aug 2016
I find it stupid people judging it so bad before it even airs and with so little information if i remember no one thought motorcycles was a good idea either and look what a good story and cool characters did to that
Mar 25, 2017 12:29 AM

Oct 2014
AnimeNerd17 said:
I find it stupid people judging it so bad before it even airs and with so little information if i remember no one thought motorcycles was a good idea either and look what a good story and cool characters did to that

Yoshida being the writer is the only info you need to know exactly how Vrains will turn out, since he recycles the plot of DOMA over and over and over again, while making it progressively worse with each new incarnation. The plot already sounds like a standard Yoshida bs with Yusaku being a Yusei-expy who chases DOMA-wannabes in Cyberspace. Also, expect a lot "darkness of the heart" because that's a staple in any Yoshida work, and females won't be anything more than fanservice and cheerleaders.
Mar 25, 2017 2:00 AM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
AnimeNerd17 said:

Yoshida being the writer is the only info you need to know exactly how Vrains will turn out, since he recycles the plot of DOMA over and over and over again, while making it progressively worse with each new incarnation. The plot already sounds like a standard Yoshida bs with Yusaku being a Yusei-expy who chases DOMA-wannabes in Cyberspace. Also, expect a lot "darkness of the heart" because that's a staple in any Yoshida work, and females won't be anything more than fanservice and cheerleaders.
can you explain me what is DOMA mean exactly? i heard it alot but i dont know what it mean for short
Mar 25, 2017 2:31 AM

Oct 2014
elior1 said:
RayofVictory said:

can you explain me what is DOMA mean exactly? i heard it alot but i dont know what it mean for short

DOMA is that filler arc with Orichalcos from the original.
Mar 25, 2017 5:13 AM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
elior1 said:

DOMA is that filler arc with Orichalcos from the original.
we finally have the first teaser for yugioh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK3YC20di1c and as you said from the music in the teaser we can expect good ones from the one from the original yugioh
Apr 5, 2017 4:23 AM

Aug 2015
Some concept art for the city+Speed Duels(the Duel Links format,not the ones in 5ds with speed counters)

https://ygorganization.com/isbeingwiththewindmeaningusingguardiangrarl/

Also,LABO is episodic,so more info coming next week.
Apr 6, 2017 12:06 PM

Sep 2011
>the OP will play for 50 episodes
>episodic story
>episodic

Oh no Yoshida, back at it again with the completely same plot structures.
Arc-V manga was fine at first but now he's rushing the shit out of it. Also good for memes (THE PAIN GETS ME GOING, QUENCH MY THIRST SAKAKI YUYA) but that's about it. I'll admit Arc-V's ending was a real letdown and Fusion arc was rushed, but Zexal's ending sucks WAY more. The whole thing with the Numeron Code really resetted all the stakes the final duel had. I want Yoshida to be more creative just like Kamishiro was for the mots of the time with Arc-V.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Apr 6, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2016
?????

wtf is LABO???
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 7, 2017 5:52 AM

Sep 2011
GangsterCat said:
?????

wtf is LABO???

"Yu-Gi-Oh! LABO is a talk show and special for Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS. The show aired one month before the premiere of VRAINS as a special to promote the show before the premiere. The first episode of the show aired on April 5th, 2017."

-YGO Wiki

Apr 8, 2017 9:29 PM

Aug 2015
A little piece of info about the little guy
https://ygorganization.com/vrains-additional-plot-summary/

In the grand Yoshida tradition,watch it becoming another Numeron Code that can rewrite the past and the future😕

Also,does anybody know why ANN isn't translating the summaries?
ChainekJanApr 8, 2017 9:32 PM
Apr 12, 2017 4:55 AM
Jun 2011
so we finally got to see in today LABO aoi VR look and it not bad for me but not so good. it in the level of decent also from the little bit of the opening song it sounds good https://ygorganization.com/soblueangelisamagicalgirliguess/
Apr 12, 2017 6:45 AM

Aug 2015
Aye, Aoi is officially my most disliked female YGO character design-wise. Her VR form is as generic as her rl look.Though, considering her deck's main strategy, I'm hoping for her to be a bit more aggresive while in the game.
ChainekJanApr 12, 2017 7:01 AM
Apr 12, 2017 3:12 PM
Jun 2011
ChainekJan said:
Aye, Aoi is officially my most disliked female YGO character design-wise. Her VR form is as generic as her rl look.Though, considering her deck's main strategy, I'm hoping for her to be a bit more aggresive while in the game.
i disagree with you. while her VR form is not so good i think it at the level of decent
Apr 12, 2017 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
Yusaku with his big yaoi hands and Go with his big girly eyes , my fuji senses are tingling
Apr 15, 2017 8:31 AM
Aug 2015
Have just read the plot for the Vrains series, and I will admit it sounds extremely promising! I was sceptical with how they had designed Yuusaku in terms of personality, but will admit they have proved me wrong from the looks of it! The idea of "Playmaker" looks good so I'm definitely looking forward to it, just want to hope it is as good as it seems!!!
Apr 16, 2017 12:56 AM

Jan 2011
So, when this going start exactaly...
Apr 16, 2017 8:53 AM

Sep 2011
Aye Aoi practically transforms from wallpaper to a Miku Hatsune-Precure copy. Her VR design just mostly screams "LOL GEDDIT GUYS, MY NAME MEANS BLUE??? XD" imo. Let's see how many Aoi ass shots Yoshida manages to shove into the show this time ;))

Oh well, I'm still gonna watch at least 7 episodes of this lol
RukaliiniApr 18, 2017 11:02 AM

Apr 18, 2017 4:07 AM

Aug 2015
From Ygorg
"Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS will air its first episode, 6:25 PM Japanese Standard Time on TV Tokyo starting May 10th, 2017!"

Plus

New characters and the ending theme!
https://ygorganization.com/finallyanairdatewoolawd/

Sad about cracking being an almost-certain one-shoot card.At least topologic will get more screentime. Also,boy bands are back...yay...
ChainekJanApr 18, 2017 7:08 AM
Apr 18, 2017 10:09 PM
Jun 2011
ChainekJan said:
From Ygorg
"Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS will air its first episode, 6:25 PM Japanese Standard Time on TV Tokyo starting May 10th, 2017!"

Plus

Sad about cracking being an almost-certain one-shoot card.At least topologic will get more screentime. Also,boy bands are back...yay...
if the fans theory about revolver being yusako brother as well it will be good twist
Apr 18, 2017 11:12 PM

Aug 2015
elior1 said:
ChainekJan said:
From Ygorg

Plus

if the fans theory about revolver being yusako brother as well it will be good twist

While I agree with it being a good twist, on what exactly is that theory based?
Apr 19, 2017 12:37 PM
Jun 2011
ChainekJan said:
elior1 said:

While I agree with it being a good twist, on what exactly is that theory based?
the yugioh fans theory about revolver be his brother isnt based on something it just spaculation. but if you sew the tv show bakugan before revolver is spectra number 2. they similar in every way. leader of the season enemies fancy clothes wear maske even if color diffrent.
Apr 20, 2017 8:41 AM

Nov 2007
Additional Cast

BTW, the Cast Photos (Showing There Are More Than Those Were Announced)
tsubasaloverApr 20, 2017 7:33 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 20, 2017 9:09 AM

Aug 2015
No outstanding seiyuus except for Sawashiro and Takahiro. Liked Suzaku's voice when watching CG,so i'll take it.
Also, Aoi has a brother (father?) who is voiced by V from zexal. I kinda want him to be revolver so it can flesh out both of their characters.
P.S. The second link in the post above also includes images of all the new characters appearing. Really interested in the pink-haired one(wish she could be the main girl) and Akira looks...cool.Still cant guess whether hes a brother or an older relative. Also, was it that hard to have a YGO without a fatty? Or at least draw him to be a bit likeable?
Overall, most of characters range from nice to wow imho,really looking forward to May 😀
ChainekJanApr 20, 2017 9:36 AM
Apr 21, 2017 2:02 AM
Jun 2011
ChainekJan said:
No outstanding seiyuus except for Sawashiro and Takahiro. Liked Suzaku's voice when watching CG,so i'll take it.
Also, Aoi has a brother (father?) who is voiced by V from zexal. I kinda want him to be revolver so it can flesh out both of their characters.
P.S. The second link in the post above also includes images of all the new characters appearing. Really interested in the pink-haired one(wish she could be the main girl) and Akira looks...cool.Still cant guess whether hes a brother or an older relative. Also, was it that hard to have a YGO without a fatty? Or at least draw him to be a bit likeable?
Overall, most of characters range from nice to wow imho,really looking forward to May 😀
episode 1 summery also been released: Den City is the city where the newest network technology was developed. There we have the LINK VRAINS, a cyberspace managed by the SOL Technologies Inc. where people Duel night and day. Our protagonist, Yuusaku Fujiki, is a cool student with excellent obversation abilities. In order to defeat a group who plans to ruin the LINK VRAINS, the Knights of Hanoi, he transforms into his avatar Playmaker and duels them. One day, Yuusaku gets the information that SOL Technologies Inc. are desperately searching for a mysterious lifeform from Shouichi Kusaka (name unconfirmed), a hacker who shares Yuusaku's goals. Noticing the Knights of Hanoi are also after it, Yuusaku prepares a trap and plans his capture strategies..
May 2, 2017 4:18 AM

Aug 2015
After 10 days of silence,enjoy the news about hot dogs,Not!D-Wheels and cruel idols
https://ygorganization.com/bewarethehotdog/

Also,a very high chance of getting a trailer from tommorow's Labo

Edit.The trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYTTzmYVJDA
I really like Yusaku's voice.Aoi is ok
ChainekJanMay 3, 2017 3:34 AM
May 7, 2017 11:57 AM

Sep 2011
The trailer was nothing special tbh. OP sounds fine, animation is fine, but I don't like Yuusaku's voice that much.

May 9, 2017 10:56 AM

Jan 2015
Is the story going anywhere? I only saw Duel monsters, and just have a slight knowledge of the plot of the further series, but does the story makes any sense? From ancient egyptian mythology to VR, and all this modern sci-fi stuff... any connections to the original Yugioh?
May 9, 2017 11:38 AM

Jun 2010

- Fans always complain about the stuffing. How do we avoid it?
- What if we do ovas?
- No, that does not give money.
- then let's do thousands of new seasons where they will always do the same and we will change only the characters
- Excellent idea, from now on you will be in charge of the company
May 10, 2017 5:06 AM

Jan 2013
SkullProX said:
Is the story going anywhere? I only saw Duel monsters, and just have a slight knowledge of the plot of the further series, but does the story makes any sense? From ancient egyptian mythology to VR, and all this modern sci-fi stuff... any connections to the original Yugioh?

3 season take place in their own universe so this one might as well

also in the first season we had VR, holograms, ancient spirits and egyptian powers all in one setting so there is no problem if this is a spin off sequal (kaiba has a hard on for technology after all)
May 15, 2017 11:45 PM

Oct 2016
I seriously wouldn't mind some more romance. They always start it, but it always peters out.

I was especially disappointed with Arc V considering how close 3 of the guy incarnations were close to 3 of the girls especially Yuya and Yuzu. That had the biggest build up of romance to peter out so badly.

Zexal had Kotori sorta confess at the end.

5Ds sorta hinted at Yusei and Akiza, but went nowhere.

GX petered out between Judai and Asuka especially after he got Yubel who was obsessed with him.

Regular Yugioh was just sad. Anzu liked Atem/Yami Yugi, but it also hinted at she had feelings for regular Yugi. There were times where all of his friends seemed to care more about Atem/Yami Yugi than Yugi himself. Even though in the end, Yugi proves himself to be the greatest duelist, Kaiba was still obsessed with Atem/Yami Yugi even though in the movie, Yugi trounced Kaiba.
May 16, 2017 7:49 AM

Jan 2013
Jak said:

Regular Yugioh was just sad. Anzu liked Atem/Yami Yugi, but it also hinted at she had feelings for regular Yugi. There were times where all of his friends seemed to care more about Atem/Yami Yugi than Yugi himself. Even though in the end, Yugi proves himself to be the greatest duelist, Kaiba was still obsessed with Atem/Yami Yugi even though in the movie, Yugi trounced Kaiba.

OMG original yugioh was a harem all along
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 98 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

8 by zombiesaredead »»
Yesterday, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

14 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 2, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 70 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

20 by zombiesaredead »»
May 29, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2018

14 by zombiesaredead »»
May 28, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 45 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2018

15 by zombiesaredead »»
May 22, 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.